Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 28

Discussion: Most active kin?

Most active kin?

Ok.. I've been getting all these invites to kinships at random, which is seems rather desperate to me. Who's the best, most active kin on the server? I would prefer to join one that actively works with it's members to make the game an enjoyable GROUP experience.

At lower levels (Bree-land), you will be getting A LOT of random kin invites. Most of this kins last very few and some were noted by their extreme rudeness when sending invites. I even switched from an old kin to a new one with a low lvl in Celondim. It was the same kin so the officer would send me an invite an invite quickly. I got ninja invited in a split second and then they spammed me about why I left.

At higher levels, you won't be getting a lot of random invites. The most similar would be a random tell.

About most active at higher levels (low ones last a pair of weeks), Imladris is a small server so there aren't many big kins. If you want to run group content (raids, etc) the big ones all left or split: MDCT went to Elendilmir and Valacirca is too small now. Mine does raids every week and some also go to the Moors. There is also Carbon Blade (I think they mixed with Tactical Carnage and Riders of Freedom) who also does the same. These are all active. There is also Unexpected Kinship, but they are far behind in raids. The most pro and hardcore raiding kin is Rohirrim, but you need to be russian to get in there,

As most active kin, the raiders tend to be the most active and the rest are really casual kins with people logging once in a blue moon and are small.

There are no massive kins in Imladris.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002f2f5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Slow gaming

I'm noticing this. Which rather sad, because this is a pretty good game with alot of potential. Maybe I'll find some regular players to hook up with and actually accomplish something other than collecting resources.

Thanks!

You can use the GLFF channel /joinchannel glff then /1 to talk in it. You can form groups easily, but the main problem is that the quality will be very bad and achieving something that is not a skirmish raid, will be hard. Also, ask the kin leaders if they let you join or else switch server to a bigger one (Brandywine, etc.).

Also a big problem is time zones. This server is US, but it has an important amount EU and brazilian players. If you live in places far away, you will have trouble finding players.
    Dernière modification par Nibenwen ; 20/07/2012 à 21h04.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002f2f5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Active kinships....

Hunters of Moonshadow is a fairly large kin, and there are quite often over 10 people on at the common US play times.

A good amount of grouping is done, but it is a pretty casual kinship. Theres motivation for raiding & instance running, especially on Saturday nights, but raiding is really just getting started. It's still a learning process right now since there isn't much raiding expertise in the kinship, so I'd say it's a "casual" raiding kin, at the most right now.

However, there's a lot of social & general grouping going on pretty frequently and everyone is quite friendly and helpful with everything.

10 members at best of times doesn't make it active. While Imladris is a fairly small server, any of the bigger kins have more than that in most of the day.

If you want to see big active kins, take a peek in Brandywine.

Smile

Ettenmoors Hardcore kins:
    Deadly Riot
    Dude where's my Goat?
    The Marked
    Relentless
    Big kins:
    Knights of Lord Ulmo
    An Unexpected Kinship
    Relentless
    Star Gazers
    Small, but good kins
    Rohirrim
    Eored
    Forged by Fury
    Rage of the Fallen
    theres probobly alot more but Eored is the kin im in and is very good everyone is always willing to help if u ever want an invite send a tell to Trigg or Maelas.

btw vc is dead

You can use the /who command to check out the online membership of any kinship you're invited to or interested in. It's a good idea to do this at your main play time to see what the membership is when you play, especially if you don't mostly play server primetime. You'll need to expand the levels displayed from 1-75 to see everyone online. Of course a kinship with a lot of players online is not necessarily that active in terms of playing together, grouping up, or even talking in kin chat, but it at least gives you some indication.

A kinship with people near your level (especially if it doesn't have a high turnover rate) can be great as it's easier to find groups at your level. If you're looking to do end-game content, you'll need to be in a kinship that plays the end game together. Some do more PvMP. Some are altoholics. Etc. Good luck!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000010b3d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Pierced by the friendship of the mortal races.

A shameless plug I suppose, but I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned +Strength in Numbers+ as a raiding kin? I suppose it's probably because we're mostly Aussie/offpeak raiders.

We where right up there with now defunct Valacirca and MDCT prior to RoI with OD progression during rise of the gaunt lords, and 1st on sever to crack lightning t2c - before similarly losing members to SWToR and a few sever tranfers to Elindemir. We're back up to strength though, and continue to be one of the most active offpeak Aussie kins on Imladris (GMT+10).
    Dernière modification par MuzMuz ; 02/08/2012 à 07h38.

Talking VC is not dead

we just have less people and some moved on with their real life, we still have small amount of people playing when they can and after ROR some of the regular old ppl will come back (if they will i will be there to welcome them back) and i hope we can be the kin once we used to be.
    Dernière modification par Kisna ; 24/08/2012 à 12h42.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1676574/150026162586904119/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000001e637/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/url]

...not dead? everyone that made vc what it was is gone. it was a good run while it lasted, but there's basically nothing left of vc these days.

Citation Envoyé par MajUntagent Voir le message
    ...not dead? everyone that made vc what it was is gone. it was a good run while it lasted, but there's basically nothing left of vc these days.
    The way i see it, dead means when there is not even a single person online and i see people coming online and playing when they have time. yes we don't do raids and pvp like we used to but we still have some movements so i'll say we are in coma, and after ROR Expansion anything is possible. There is HOPE!...
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1676574/150026162586904119/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000001e637/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/url]

An Unexpected Kinship is a very active kin. With over 700 active toons, over 200 of which are lvl 75, there's always something going on. We run level 75 raids nearly every day of the week, <75 classic raids at least 1x per week, and there's always 3-man/6-man runs going. We are also starting to dip our toes in the Ettenmoors, and the water feels fine! If you are looking for a friendly, casual place to hang your hat, a place where you can chill, chat, or raid AUK is where it's at! Visit our website to apply or contact any member online for more info. www.unexpectedkin.com
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000018beb/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par Nibenwen Voir le message
    10 members at best of times doesn't make it active. While Imladris is a fairly small server, any of the bigger kins have more than that in most of the day.

If you want to see big active kins, take a peek in Brandywine.

man,looks like i also started on the wrong server.....i cant play a mmo on a small server makes it almost pointless.And then i hear its mainly EU and dudes from spain?...lol dang i got to lv 42 and did so many deeds on 3 toons it will make me puke doing just that all over again.

Citation Envoyé par Kurru Voir le message
    Ettenmoors Hardcore kins:
    Deadly Riot
    Dude where's my Goat?
    The Marked
    Relentless
    Big kins:
    Knights of Lord Ulmo
    An Unexpected Kinship
    Relentless
    Star Gazers
    Small, but good kins
    Rohirrim
    Eored
    Forged by Fury
    Rage of the Fallen
    theres probobly alot more but Eored is the kin im in and is very good everyone is always willing to help if u ever want an invite send a tell to Trigg or Maelas.

btw vc is dead
    There are alot more, at least in the "small but good" category.

Darkwood Marauders included. (another shameless plug, but oh well...hehe)

We aren't quite large enough to raid on our own, but certainly large enough for 3-6 mans. We have plenty of members who raid often with other kins. We have the experience, just need a few more members.
    We do have lower level members and alts all across the level range, so someone is always working on something somewhere. Need to round out your kin's raid with a few more reliable people? Give us a call. Or better yet, join us!

Oh...and need food? Mail your order to Sicerranda. Cook extraordinare! Cooked, fortifying, trial foods, loremaster snacks, etc. Reasonable prices!
    Darkwood Marauders of Imladris

Another thing I'd suggest if you get a random pm or see an ad posted and are interested is to talk with the person and ask questions about the kin, find out what they're about, how big they are, level range, etc. Most of the good kinships will be upfront with you about what they are, and those that mislead you about themselves you'll figure out fairly quickly. What many on here have said though is true, I've always said that 90% of all kinships created fail, and most of those are tiny little kinships that sprout up in the starter areas where the creator(s) think running a kin would be cool but don't understand the work behind it, so it's prudent to make sure the kinship is what you want. I'm partial to my kin Hunters of Moonshadow, but I'm perfectly happy to say there are plenty of other good fun kins out there on this server. It's all a matter of what you want.

As for most active, I suppose it's how you define active. Maybe there's a kinship with 20 members in it, but each one is on every day at the same time. Then there's a kin with 1,000 members in it and have 30 members on at any given time. One has more members on at once while the other has a much higher percentage of its members on. Which is more active?

Ultimately it's about what you are looking for in a kin, and what makes you happy. If you have friends on the server you've run with, ask about their kins, see what they're like, and remember that just because you pick one kin doesn't mean you can't change your mind later. There are lots of good kins, and some are just good fits for certain people.

I have to agree with Callilas, couldn't have said it better myself (except for me, it would be TNK :P).
    Your definition of active can be far different from someone else's. It can also depend on what the kinship does that makes it active. Some kins acomplish it by role playing, others by raiding, and some even achieve it by multiple purposes, such as my kinship. Some kinships also try to maintain activity by other means, such as the use of websites or out of game activities. I know my kinship has it's own animated parody series that keeps us pretty active when putting it together. What I am trying to say is, there are many things that can make a kin active, but a lot of people have the wrong way of going about it.

I also have to agree with Callilas about kinship ads/random PMs. It's usually worth a shot to listen to what the representative has to say, as you may like the kin.
    However, if someone sends you an actual, random invitation, it's normally best to decline. You won't want to get with a kinship you know nothing about/they know nothing of you.
    But if a kinship takes the time to approach you directly and offer information about themselves, give them a chance, you may actually like it.
    [center][img]http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/igetbore_productions/northernkingdomsmallerlogo.png[/img][/center]

Just wanted to send out a thank you to all who put this info here. This account is new one for me and I was starting to think I made a mistake setting it up on Imladris - had another on Arkenstone but I wanted to have a fresh start in the game. I was getting a bit worried lately because I first off was getting random tells like crazy but now never see anyone or any tells....

Thing about leveling when you already know what you are doing is that you don't really need to be in a kin necessarily, unless the social thing of kins really appeals, but it would also be nice to get to know folks along the way so that by the time you get to end game they know something about you and most importantly - hopefully - about how you play. I haven't found that niche yet.

I did have a nice chat with a guy from Rohirrim who explained about the Russian membership, which I was a bit disappointed by since I would like to join a really good raiding kin, but I understand having a good fit is important. The info here helps since some of the names are not ones I have seen yet - I assume they are all in Rohan where I am not yet.

Anyway thanks for the info again guys - happy hunting

Not all kins advertise in game. We don't usually put recruiting messages in OOC or Regional channels because it is harder to be selective that way.
    Darkwood Marauders of Imladris

Citation Envoyé par Roh_Arradiel Voir le message
    Not all kins advertise in game. We don't usually put recruiting messages in OOC or Regional channels because it is harder to be selective that way.
    I know my kin used to post them all the time, but we are starting to getting away from it. We prefer to just approach players individually, get to know them somewhat, rather than post random advertisements.
    [center][img]http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/igetbore_productions/northernkingdomsmallerlogo.png[/img][/center]

Back when the server started, it would have been Forbidden Few and Elrond's Aid. These days, it seems like Men of Bree and Tarciryan Knights. As with many things, it's cycles. A strong, active kin now could in a few months be a ghost town. There's also something to be said for quality over quantity -- I participate in smaller kins, but they are very active, as in, any time of the day, someone is going to be around, we Skype, we know each other by name, we send packages and cards and letters across the country and overseas out of game, and call and text each other. It's cozy. It's small, but, super, super active. So I'm not sure if size matters....

Here's a link to a nice spot where you can investigate some of the Imladirs kinships: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Soci...ps_of_Imladris
    Zhie ~ Librarian of Imladris ~ Children of Arda, Caun
    Bainith Proudfoot ~ Poet of Michel Delving ~ Children of Arda, Recruiting Officer
    Valarda ~ Maker and Chaser of Shiny Things ~ Children of Arda
    Eledu ~ Troublemaker ~ Lord of Something Awesome

Ads posted in OOC or Regional have their place I think, I used them to great effect to get members for my kin in its infancy, but now I tend to find people and have conversations with them about my kinship. I think the real problem with them is that with any mature kinship you can take the message and plug in just about any kin name because they almost all talk about crafting, raiding, skirming, questing, etc, and just about all active kinships do that. This is a small, friendly server, but it also means there aren't as many new players coming in, which probably does contribute to new kinships dying out fast. Ads may be best to advertise newer kinships that no one knows yet.

Honestly I'm really hoping that this new player council will be able to get the devs to improve kinships in general to allow for more customization because it is hard to set your kin apart from many others out there because many do the same things to some degree. Still, looking back to the earlier posts, I would be interested to know which is the largest kin on the server, not counting inactives that are just collecting dust of course. Not that I think it matters all that much, I'd rather be in a kin with 100 members that are all active than a kin with 1000 that have 200 active, and while I have a good idea which kins are the bigger ones already, it'd be a nice bit of trivia to know.

Citation Envoyé par Calillas Voir le message
    Ads posted in OOC or Regional have their place I think, I used them to great effect to get members for my kin in its infancy, but now I tend to find people and have conversations with them about my kinship. I think the real problem with them is that with any mature kinship you can take the message and plug in just about any kin name because they almost all talk about crafting, raiding, skirming, questing, etc, and just about all active kinships do that. This is a small, friendly server, but it also means there aren't as many new players coming in, which probably does contribute to new kinships dying out fast. Ads may be best to advertise newer kinships that no one knows yet.

Honestly I'm really hoping that this new player council will be able to get the devs to improve kinships in general to allow for more customization because it is hard to set your kin apart from many others out there because many do the same things to some degree. Still, looking back to the earlier posts, I would be interested to know which is the largest kin on the server, not counting inactives that are just collecting dust of course. Not that I think it matters all that much, I'd rather be in a kin with 100 members that are all active than a kin with 1000 that have 200 active, and while I have a good idea which kins are the bigger ones already, it'd be a nice bit of trivia to know.
    I am curious about this as well but there doesn't seem to be anyplace housing this info - at least not any I have been able to turn up searching on Google and here.

The few times I have managed to stomach hanging out in Bree for any real length of time, especially near the South Gate by the AH, there always seems to be a fair barrage of 85s hanging around. I had assumed maybe it was because they want to scope out some recruits (I remember this being done often on Gladden for a while).

When I was lower leveled than now I got many random invites there and I saw that I was being inspected by some players. Now that I am past 50 they seem to leave me be, proly cause I said "maybe later, ty" too many times. Still most of those names I don't see around so I think it is definitely true a lot of kins (newer ones) form and leave pretty fast.

What is find kinda discouraging is that even in glff, the same names tend to lurk and not many responses come back to new people in the thread attempting to get answers to anything, which is a bit of a departure from my experience with glff on other servers. I know this since, yes I confess, I lurk glff but never post, lol. Now that I am in Moria, I just hope there are enough people around to actually do some of my favorite instances... so far 21st seems like a ghost town for the most part....

Yes, 21st Hall is pretty dead, but I think it's mainly due the fact that the most active people on the server are likely already at lvl 85 and thus are out in the highest level areas. I remember how Galtrev and Stangard used to be packed with players running all over the place, and then after RoR came out Galtrev has a small population and Stangard is just dead. Bree has the advantage of being the crossroads where all low level players cross, so it always has people in it, and is much more convenient now for farming and cooking than the Shire is, which keeps everyone this side of Galtrev there for at least that. These days the place to be is Snowbourne, the tavern especially is pretty packed.

As for finding out which kin has the most active players, I suppose everyone could just post that here, but there's no guarantee numbers wouldn't be exaggerated to allow for one kin to claim to be bigger. Perhaps someone else has another idea.

I'd suggest basing a kinship's activity not on who they are, but what they do.

Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages