Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 10

laptop shuts down completely

I have downloaded LOTRO, start the game, get to the beginning and then WAMMO, my laptop just shuts down completely... only does this with the game, I disabled my virus protection, firewall shows that it is allowing, I'm not the much more knowledgeable than that on computers... I get no error messages... can anyone help? Oh!! Don't know if this would affect anything, but I'm living in Central America...

Re: laptop shuts down completely

How old is your laptop? Many if not most of them have graphics cards that are inadequate for gaming and can cause strange behavior when overheating, Which is what your symptoms suggest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001f12a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "I have my fears, but they do not have me." ... "And the monster I was so afraid of, lies curled up on the floor."
    -Peter Gabriel- "Darkness"

Ignorance is bestowed on us at birth, but we don't have to keep it.
    -Lorin Fast- "Random ramblings"

Will the Crafts on the sigs ever get updated?

if your laptop is shutting down shortly after starting lotro then chances are your laptop is overheating, if your using w7 you may also see overheating warnings in the windows event logs

you could try switching the graphics options to a lower setting ie textures to high insted of very high, switch to dx9, disable options such as shaddows and antialiasing, in trouble shooting set fps arround 40-50. this may alieviate the problem but its likely to just extend the time it takes for your laptop to shutdown

check the fans are working (if you can, you should hear them whirring)... makesure its not the dvd\cd drive by removing any disks

check all the vents on the case are clear of dust and fluff and not obstructed, preferably place the laptop on a hard surface, bed sheets and cloathing can block the vents. if the vents are clogged use a vacumme to suck the fluff\dust out do not blow into the case as this will only move the dust\fluf into the case. if you use a household vacumme set the power level to no higher than 50%
    Dernière modification par Finglonger_UK ; 10/05/2012 à 14h27.
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par Maldrake Voir le message
    How old is your laptop? Many if not most of them have graphics cards that are inadequate for gaming and can cause strange behavior when overheating, Which is what your symptoms suggest.
    I bought this ASUS about 2years ago... I wanted one that would support WoW... Laptop did fine with it... I did try to lower graphics to dx9 but still same problem..

Citation Envoyé par czjosie Voir le message
    I bought this ASUS about 2years ago... I wanted one that would support WoW... Laptop did fine with it... I did try to lower graphics to dx9 but still same problem..
    dare i say it??? WoW is a game designed to work on hardware form the 80's it will hardly tax a machine which is 2 years old where as lotro is way more demanding on hardware and will easily cause the temperatures to rise, especialy in a laptop. id advise lowering your graphics options further as detailed above, disabling dx9 will reduce temperatures a little but not much

when the laptop shuts down simply feeling the laptop case with the back of your hand may give you an indication of overheating, if it feels too hot to your hand then its deffinatly too hot.

if the laptop is overheating it may not switch on for 5+ minutes after its shut down. if the latop powers on more or less instantly after shutting down then it may not be a temperature problem

you could try asking on the asus forums (http://rog.asus.com theres a section for both RoG and non RoG laptops) if theres any temperature monitoring software you could use for your laptop, though you could try HWINFO in sensors only mode http://www.hwinfo.com/
    Dernière modification par Finglonger_UK ; 10/05/2012 à 14h46.
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

I tend to concur with most people here, saying that it may be an overheating problem. Do you say that you get right into the game? Or at what point does it shut down? If it shuts down AFTER you log in to a character, try sitting at the logon screen for an extended period of time and see if it still shuts down.

A few other things to look for:

1. Exactly what point does it shut down? After you enter your username and password? After logging into a specific character?
    2. If you are at the logon screen, displaying the character menu, you can go into the graphics options and set the "overall" graphics level to LOW and see if that stops the problem, or even in the launcher menu, before logging in, you can revert the graphics options to default.

If you want more help, send me a private message, I'll be glad to help troubleshoot the exact problem with you.

Good luck!

So, just to ask the question - is the laptop actually powering off, or is the screen just going black?

If you get as far as the character selection screen, you can go into the graphics options and
    enable "windowed mode", and I would try that just to see what happens.

I also have a 2-yr old Asus laptop that I use as a primary computer for playing LOTRO. It would be helpful if you replied with a model number and/or computer specifications (cpu, video card, memory, etc).

Make sure that your video card driver is up-to-date. Download the latest driver and reboot/launch program.

Overheating is frequently an issue for crashes, as others have pointed out already. A useful program, free, is called SpeedFan - you can d/l it here. This program monitors all temperatures with the computer - video card, cpu, hard drive(s), etc - and is useful for identifying tempature and overheating issues. Best of all, it's free and a trusted app.

Another issue that I found, as have others, is the audio setting in the game - discussed here. Specifically, the settings for hardware vs. software audio processing. If you have the audio setting on hardware, it may cause a blue screen (computer crash) or simply a game crash to desktop. This is especially an issue for Creative sound cards, like the one in my Asus laptop. Therefore, try changing the audio setting in the dropdown menu to 'software.' The audio settings can be found in the Main Menu of LOTRO (before you select a character and jump into the game) > Options > Audio > Sound Features > Sound Playback dropdown menu > choose "Generic Software."

Good luck,

Fara

Same problem

I am experiencing the same problem, my laptop usually shuts off after about 5 minutes of playing, i use w7, i also turned down my graphics, and the same problem occurred, my fan is working, and the problem is not enlisted in Support

Same problem

I am experiencing the same problem, my laptop usually shuts off after about 5 minutes of playing, i use w7, i also turned down my graphics, and the same problem occurred, my fan is working, and the problem is not enlisted in Support

Règles de messages