Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 18 sur 18

Saturday Morning Market [Planning Post]

This is the planning thread for the Saturday Morning Market (name subject to change if we think of something awesomer).

This is a proposed server-wide multi-kin RP event to occur on Saturdays earlier than the Saturday Night Social.

Please list ideas on things such as location and options on time. Once we start getting people aware of it and coming on a regular basis, we can build in other activities, such as the actual market bartering and such.

Re: Saturday Morning Market [Planning Post]

Suggestions on places:

Michel Delving, outside of the vendor hall/auction area
    pros: easily accessible, has a market type atmosphere already set up, all character levels can access, seems to have a fair amount of RP traffic that sometimes people would wander over to check things out
    cons: might end up lagging at times

Bree Mess Hall
    pros: doesn't lag much because it's not heavily used on this server, has lots of little spots to sit, no NPC emotes clouding up the channel, accessible for most levels
    cons: no additional RP traffic from wanderers, no vendors/nearby vault/etc.

Time suggestion: Nothing specific, only that it should be at least eight hours prior to SNS. If it's too close in time, some people who want to try to get to both might not be able to make them both, and this is really to give those who can't make the SNS time or have a hard time doing so another option for social RP.

Greetings,

Thanks for starting the thread Librarian Some good ideas there for the location as well as timing.....

I agree that if the timing is too close to the SNS, we would be confusing a lot of people as well as dividing the crowd in the two events.....I would suggest it be at or around 9 AM on saturday (server time)...which will make it a good 12 hour before the SNS.....

As for the location, although both the above locations are good, I would suggest a slightly less crowded area....My suggestions would be -

The Party Tree/The Hill - Obviously one of the most popular party spots in Middle Earth.....its advantages being that it already has a sort of atmosphere fit for a party/gathering, it is easily accessible to people of all levels....

Platform/town square outside the Combe and Wattle Inn in Combe - Again one of the most easily accessible areas in the game for all people...added advantage I thought would be that new players can have a glimpse of the community in earlier levels and hence we can hope to get some of the low level crowd as well

Festival garden in Duillond - A very gorgeous and peaceful atmosphere for a gathering, no disturbances, etc....the only disadvantage I see of it is that its a bit too much out-of-the-way and it might be difficult to get everyone there and we cant have the occassional people who would just drop in by co-incidence and decide to join...

Also, once we get a more steady following of people and people know the event, I suggest we shift it to the Homestead town squares....those places were made specially for stuff like this.....and are perfectly fitting for an event of any theme......we can just keep rotating it between the homesteads of all the 4 races per week.....like first week Bree homestead town square, second week Elven, third week Shire and fourth week Thorins.....so over a month, we have one event in each of the 4 homesteads....that would make it easier for people to know where the event is without having to check for the location here.....if its like second saturday of the month, they know to come to the elven homestead town square directly

All of that said, I'd again put in my suggestion of a slight bit of merrymaking themed event over a market based one in the beginning....less professional, more cozy/welcoming and we can get more conversational in such events than a market based....Though I'm ofcourse with any theme that most people here would vote for, but just putting in a suggestion

Oh, I really like that homestead idea once things get started -- it would let people duck into the vault at the provisioners if needed.

9 am server time is a good idea, perhaps making it a window of a couple of a few hours (SNS doesn't have a specific stop time, which always begs the question 'is it still going?', since sometimes it's an hour and sometimes it's three.) might be helpful. ((I'm thinking 2 hours to start, and expand to three if there's enough interest?))

9am is nice.

The town squares idea is awesome, once the event takes off. I like the Michel Delving idea to get started though.

As far a merrrymaking more than a market...the ol' fashioned markets were pretty neat. There were entertainers, vendors, people socializing. Like Librarian said, it was as much a social gathering as it was a trip to the market.

I better start growing some wares for the market!

I would love to go (I am in desperate need of money), however I am busy that morning but I will try to get there the next times. (I am a historian so I will sell scholar stuff mostly.)

Citation Envoyé par Skalanis Voir le message
    As far a merrrymaking more than a market...the ol' fashioned markets were pretty neat. There were entertainers, vendors, people socializing.
    I know! I'm so looking forward to having a better use of the juggling emote than random 'we're waiting for someone who went afk in a skirm juggling'

Let's give it a go for this Saturday to see if we get some interest. We can use this as a test run and modify times/places in the future as we go.

Saturday Morning Market (Social RP Event)
    9am to 11am server time
    Michel Delving -- in the market area in front of the auction/trainer hall hobbit holes

That sounds great

I'll spread the news amongst the people I know....those that dont visit the forums much

Also those who attend the SNS as well as have friends that cant, can notify them as well as join in on the Morning Market as well

Ellonur will be there with lots of ale to sell. Or to hand out free samples to convince all those attending that his blackberry ale is the best in the Shire.

He'll also be happy to take commissions if someone is in need of jewellery.
    ~ Member of the Player Council 2013 ~
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

Having not seen this thread until Sunday I missed stopping by the Market's first run. How did it go? Are there plans for next week?

Citation Envoyé par Eramin Voir le message
    Having not seen this thread until Sunday I missed stopping by the Market's first run. How did it go? Are there plans for next week?
    For a first go, there were about six people total who came to at least part of it, which isn't bad for starting something up. Ellonur handed out ale samples (despite the time of day - it is the Shire, after all), and other people passed pies around. Mostly it was a nice social event, with a bit of the hobbity gossip one would expect with it being in Michel Delving.

Because there were more people nearer to the end than the beginning, we're going to try shifting it an hour forward for next weekend (10am to Noon server time). Same place, in Michel Delving market area, across from the auction/trainer.

Get Ami to play music and entertain folks! It's bound to bring people in

not to mention, cookies!

Instead of cookies, there wil be lots of ale again. \o/

(And yes, the Bounders know, or, uh, at least they are too busy to investigate too closely when it comes to public displays of inebriation... )
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

I won't be able to attend the market this coming Saturday (I have a funeral - a real one, not an RP one - to attend). I believe Ellonur will still be there, handing out ale samples and dodging Bounders.

And of course, being fashionably extravagant

Its been two weeks now that unfortunately something or the other has been coming up at the exact time of the event and I havent been able to attend it yet....

But hoping to make it this time....

10 am servertime, Michel Delving Marketplace

Looking fwd to seeing ya'll there saturday morning....

I will be there, and I'll make sure to bring blackberry ale for everyone who'd like to get a little drunk this early in the morning.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this Saturday morning, but I wish all others who want to come a lot of fun - and don't believe Iris's claims about those treasures in Moria.

Règles de messages