Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 3 sur 6 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 4 5 6 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 51 à 75 sur 135

Re: The Great Captain Solo Thread

Rockwithers in Moors was an absolute blast. I've tried a couple other times but got ganked by creeps each time. That just adds to the fun of the fight anyway.

Iri

Citation Envoyé par DelgonTheWise Voir le message
    Tried Fangorn T1 last night out of curiousity. Got through the trash nicely, though I lost 1 Huron (was sloppy, think it can be done without losing any). The boss before the trolls did me in though. I tried him with herald of hope (for heal, inspire reflection) and revealing mark, was traited LtC + Now for Wrath/SfW. I was doing OK for a while, but my herald took lots of damage even though he was behind boss. Once herald went down, was all over pretty quickly. I think I got him down about 50K before dying. Didn't seem hopeless though. Maybe next time I'll try with archer -- I lose my herald heal, but he'll stay at a bit more of a distance... That was with food/scrolls/tokens, but no destiny buys. Mind you, if I get by this guy I'll have trouble burning down trolls fast enough, but it was interesting anyway. Anybody done this solo?
    I haven't done this, but I imagine you could do two things to help yourself:

1) Leave your herald on passive, and position him out of the way. This way you still get Inspire, but don't have to deal with the AoE. The herald will still take some big hits from the Bosses ranged attack (unless you can interrupt), but it should help you. You also will need to put him back on passive and reposition the boss if you use the heal, because the herald will start attacking your target if you use the heal.

2) The threes can help you DPS. They AoE to kill the little Orcs, so that's a little extra damage for you. also, they have a ranged "root" attack if they are aggroed but not in range. Just be careful not to let them get too low on health from the Boss' AoE.

Citation Envoyé par DelgonTheWise Voir le message
    Tried Fangorn T1 last night out of curiousity. Got through the trash nicely, though I lost 1 Huron (was sloppy, think it can be done without losing any). The boss before the trolls did me in though. I tried him with herald of hope (for heal, inspire reflection) and revealing mark, was traited LtC + Now for Wrath/SfW. I was doing OK for a while, but my herald took lots of damage even though he was behind boss. Once herald went down, was all over pretty quickly. I think I got him down about 50K before dying. Didn't seem hopeless though. Maybe next time I'll try with archer -- I lose my herald heal, but he'll stay at a bit more of a distance... That was with food/scrolls/tokens, but no destiny buys. Mind you, if I get by this guy I'll have trouble burning down trolls fast enough, but it was interesting anyway. Anybody done this solo?
    Hmm.... I might try this:

Park the archer somewhere near the middle of the clearing, and when I start having trouble, kite and self heal with Muster courage while the archer plinks away.

I have been thinking about the last phase of this fight. Conventional wisdom is that this is a DPS race. I am not sure. The first time I ran Fanghorn I was tanking for a mini and a hunter. I did not attack the trolls at all, I just used echoing shout to pull the orcs to myself, away from the ents, and tanked, AoE'd, and Rallying Cried until the fire trolls were dead. It was very smooth. I have since run it with my burglar where the tank DPS'd with us, and we would frequently loose an ent. My Burg may not be as well geared as a lot of hunters, but I DPSed well enough to steal aggro from the ents. So I don't think DPS was the real issue.

With that being said, I suspect the ents can handle the trolls on their own, at lest on tier 1. A Captain may be able to taunt and hold the adds, maybe kiting them through ents' AOE attacks when things get rough. In any, there should be enough defeat responses to keep going for a while. Maybe long enough for the ents to kill the trolls.

In respond to couple posts about soloing FE, I got it down solo in my first run and second attempt on the trolls, since a fight reset right away when ents die so I didnt had to do whole instance again, here are pics http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20Edge%20t1/

nice on fangorn. i think the last part is easier than the first boss because of all the rally cries you get. i couldnt get it first try, got it to about 40k before i ####ed up lol
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Citation Envoyé par IGolbezI Voir le message
    nice on fangorn. i think the last part is easier than the first boss because of all the rally cries you get. i couldnt get it first try, got it to about 40k before i ####ed up lol
    hehe thanks.

I soloed SS t1 everything up to last phase of last boss which is not soloable =) here are the pics http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Surma%20t1/

Hey fellow cappies!

I am looking into get into this soloing fun, kinda with the goal of completing a Rift run (except Thaurlach) as a few others have mentioned doing.

But, my captain just hit 75 like a week ago. So I am starting from 0. So ideas, should I aim for the Draigoch set as a #1 soloing priority?

Also, how do you guys generally trait for soloing, red line with a herald for the self-heals?

Thanks!
    [center][color=white]"If I'm ever grouped with an RK and I think he's out DPSing me, I'll Ebbing Ire on to him. Take that lorebreaker! Behold the wrath of Tolkien!" - [thread=283276]Harumph[/thread][/color]

[color=red]R5[/color] 75 Champion~[color=red]Michademius[/color]
    [color=red]R5[/color] 75 Captain~[color=red]Phoinix[/color]
    [color=red]R4[/color] 65 Guardian~[color=red]Sabienn[/color], [color=red]R2[/color] 65 Hunter~[color=red]Lilel[/color]
    60 Rune-Keeper~Nauramren, 51 Lore-Master~Rahkalf, 45 Burglar~Lomione
    33 Warden~Calvinn, 32 Minstrel~Malinauren[/center]

Citation Envoyé par sarefx Voir le message
    In respond to couple posts about soloing FE, I got it down solo in my first run and second attempt on the trolls, since a fight reset right away when ents die so I didnt had to do whole instance again, here are pics http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20Edge%20t1/
    congrats! that's a nice accomplishment.

What was your strategy when the trolls came out? I've been able to get the boss down consistently, but i always fail b/c the ents die on me. i've tried concentrating on the orcs and burning them down, but the trolls out-dps the ents. i've also tried focusing on the troll while aoe'ing off of the orcs when PA is up but the ents still die on me.

i use an archer and trait 5 red 2 blue. i don't seem to have any survivability issues, the frequent RC's and kiting the boss when necessary does the trick. i'm considering traiting LoM for the increased aggo for the orcs and constant RCs for my next attempt.

Citation Envoyé par hall9003 Voir le message
    congrats! that's a nice accomplishment.

What was your strategy when the trolls came out? I've been able to get the boss down consistently, but i always fail b/c the ents die on me. i've tried concentrating on the orcs and burning them down, but the trolls out-dps the ents. i've also tried focusing on the troll while aoe'ing off of the orcs when PA is up but the ents still die on me.

i use an archer and trait 5 red 2 blue. i don't seem to have any survivability issues, the frequent RC's and kiting the boss when necessary does the trick. i'm considering traiting LoM for the increased aggo for the orcs and constant RCs for my next attempt.
    What I helped ents kill all the orcs before trolls came out, but u need to do it very carefully so u dont get ents stuck on u which is annoying. Than when trolls came out I killed all the adds, than I stood by left trolls and as soon he became active I used OS, and unleased like crazy on him to get him very low and get aggro on me so ent doesnt take damage, I dpsed him for like 20 sec, than killed any orcs around and dpsed middle troll for like 20 sec than right troll by that time left troll must be dying so I finish him off than I switch to finish middle troll than left troll. Its just a dps race, I went 5 red 2 blue, no archer I never use an archer in my solos, but I had 1 age and a full dagor armour for my dps rotation, I also have really good dps for a cappy =)

soloed first 2 bosses in DD like 4 weeks ago, I have pics I can upload if ppl want, but Im too lazy to do it now.

I've been working on a few things I was told weren't possible these past few weeks...it's not fun if it's easy, after all. Might have some pictures by next week. Decided to take a break though and did something easy:

Hwandrin isn't really hard...nothing she does hurts too much. Spiders constantly respawn now to avoid a plethora of old exploits, but as long as you don't pull multiple groups they don't matter...just more defeat responses. So basically pretty easy and not much fun, but figured I may as well work on putting up pictures of all the old Moria challenges. Forges isn't mechanically possible (probably), so that just leaves one to go!

More stuff, still easy (because Gurvand cheats), but a friend suggested this one, so figured I'd go with it. Skumfil right side (Brumbereth isn't mechanically soloable, so I didn't bother with left).

First (technically second, but the named trash mob doesn't count) boss:

Harder than you'd think, actually. Certainly harder than Hwandrin was. If you underestimate this fight, it can beat you up! Maybe!

Second boss:

Tedious? Knockback-tastic? Something like that. Not overly hard, though might need a blue pot or two since even at 15 levels below (technically 13, but eh), he can still drain all your power in one attack. Loot sucked, by the by...in over a hundred runs only ever saw one copper sphere!

More people should go solo stuff and post...just because it has been soloed already, doesn't mean you can't still do it! It hasn't been soloed BY YOU yet, after all! Plus I feel bad posting multiple times. I'll be back with something more interesting by the end of the week.

Stuff like this reminds me of why I liked playing my captain so much, but it seems that you need fantastic gear to do this stuff. I only ever solo now, so I think I'd be excluded from it. My captain went to the sidelines and I'm only looking at him again now. Any chance a soloer could actually acquire the gear needed for stuff like this casually? I'm lucky to play 10 hours a week.

Citation Envoyé par Greenasp Voir le message
    Stuff like this reminds me of why I liked playing my captain so much, but it seems that you need fantastic gear to do this stuff. I only ever solo now, so I think I'd be excluded from it. My captain went to the sidelines and I'm only looking at him again now. Any chance a soloer could actually acquire the gear needed for stuff like this casually? I'm lucky to play 10 hours a week.
    If you can manage a continuous hour or so of play during a single day, and aren't morally opposed to grouping for whatever reason, then it's easy. A ~40 minute (in a mediocre PuG from GLFF) Foundry tier 2 run a week will get you enough barter thingies for 4 pieces of Draigoch armor in a month. A single run of Draigoch (which is run regularly on most servers, typically successfully), which takes 20 minutes with a good group (or maybe an hour with the shiftiest of PuGs) will guarantee you a worn symbol of Celebrimbor just for winning (which you can use to either craft a second age for yourself or to get someone else to craft one for you), as well as offering you a chance to roll on a) scales (for the cloak!), b) additional symbols (weapon AND class item, or more attempts at one or the other...or to sell for ~70g a piece, give or take 10 depending on server) and c) the coins for the 5th and 6th Draigoch armor piece, which in many groups are now left to rot otherwise as most people have them already.

With that, you can then solo plenty, including tier 1 level 75 Inn of the Forsaken, which is a 20-40 (gear and luck-based) minute run that will fund a full set of jewelry (should you desire the crafted). Alternatively, can fund consumables and you can run easy, oft-PuG'd raid skirmishes in ~30 minutes per run and roll on that stuff. If you're lucky, you can also sneak into an Orthanc group for one or two bosses, which is a lot of seals/medallions the first time through, or run a 3-man or two (they're relatively quick) for more seals/medallions.

If you ARE for whatever reason morally opposed to grouping, can gather gold somewhere for crafted armor, which probably won't let you solo stuff like Fangorn (which is pretty much a gear-check), but is still workable for easier stuff.

Pits T1, first boss. Would like to try 2nd boss but the archer doesn't count when standing on the pressure plates. Had to use a couple of power pots, but otherwise straightforward fight.

This look like a lot of fun so I tried Grand Stairs easy mode. I was surprised that I got the fire boss and Igash
    Question on the Beast and Beast Tamer fight. I can get the Troll down to 29k morale but the Tamer heals him back up to 45k. There a way to interrupt him or is there a way to dps through the Beast Tamers bubble and kill him first?
    Thanks

To refresh this thread, I did Warg Pits a while ago on my cappy, but couldnt get challenge because last 2 freaking wargs at the boss didnt wanted to eat it even after 2 mins of kiting and hitting them slightly, so I ended up killing them and failing challenge =( Need to try it one more time sometime to get challenge. Can post pics if someone really needs to see that solo.

Citation Envoyé par Carrottop Voir le message
    This look like a lot of fun so I tried Grand Stairs easy mode. I was surprised that I got the fire boss and Igash
    Question on the Beast and Beast Tamer fight. I can get the Troll down to 29k morale but the Tamer heals him back up to 45k. There a way to interrupt him or is there a way to dps through the Beast Tamers bubble and kill him first?
    Thanks
    IIRK, you need one person to play the drum. dont know if that fight is soloable (mechanically) i dont think it is, but havent tried.

Citation Envoyé par SapienChavez Voir le message
    IIRK, you need one person to play the drum. dont know if that fight is soloable (mechanically) i dont think it is, but havent tried.
    Did it the other day. Problem is the heals on the troll, but if you unload on him after a heal you can get him down...

Or just kill the beast tamer first. Troll isn't that nasty as he does ground stomping now and then and basically being inactive for that period.

As for Warg Pens - You can just reset the fight, it shouldn't fail the challenge. Kinda annoying but guess it's better than doing whole instance again.

Citation Envoyé par Fuin Voir le message
    Or just kill the beast tamer first. Troll isn't that nasty as he does ground stomping now and then and basically being inactive for that period.

As for Warg Pens - You can just reset the fight, it shouldn't fail the challenge. Kinda annoying but guess it's better than doing whole instance again.
    hmmm didnt thought of that, but how to reset? get to the door?

Idk if this good place for this, but couldnt find better. Me and Verminard, us 2 cappies duoed the Turtle http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/.../Turtle%20duo/ I dont know if it was ever duoed before or anything, so I think is a nice achievement.

Citation Envoyé par sarefx Voir le message
    Idk if this good place for this, but couldnt find better. Me and Verminard, us 2 cappies duoed the Turtle http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/.../Turtle%20duo/ I dont know if it was ever duoed before or anything, so I think is a nice achievement.
    I also duo'd turtle with a champ, and it was before RoI, so it has been done before

Citation Envoyé par Acherman102 Voir le message
    I also duo'd turtle with a champ, and it was before RoI, so it has been done before
    very nice, never heard anyone doing that since I started playing end game content about 2 months before RoI came out, so I though it was never done before.
    Dernière modification par sarefx ; 10/05/2012 à 21h39.

To get this thread from the past, I did couple new solos, Library lvl 75 with Challenge and School lvl 75 without Challenge. http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...School%20solo/

Page 3 sur 6 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 4 5 6 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages