Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 2 sur 3 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 26 à 50 sur 63

Re: Turbine Official Roleplaying Rules and Policy

Citation Envoyé par Fredelas Voir le message
    It seems to me that a forum post is not the best (or possibly even correct) venue to communicate these rules to players. There are probably tens of thousands of players who have never even visited the forums and have never been made aware that these rules apply to them and their behavior.

It would be helpful if these rules and policies were integrated directly into the CoC (or at the very least referenced directly in the CoC) so that players would not have to take their own intiative to seek out a forum post.

The Terms of Service (which a player must read and accept when launching the game for the first time) explicitly mention and link to the Code of Conduct, so it seems to me like it would make sense for the Code of Conduct to explicitly mention and link to the Official Roleplaying Rules and Policy, too.
    Players must accept the Terms of Service. Nothing in the world forces players to read the Terms of Service.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000224056/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par Glingaeron Voir le message
    RP Supported Servers were the collaboration between a large petition from EU Players, and Satine of Codemasters' who eventually pushed hard enough to get players a server to Roleplay on.
    I don't think this is what you had in mind with your post, but I do feel it's worth mentioning (again) that the North American players pushed just as hard during beta and at launch to get supported servers. There were even votes as to which server they would agree to play on in order to facilitate things. The difference is they didn't have a sympathetic ally at Turbine and were always denied.

In all the back and forth about Turbine taking over the Codemasters servers and what it means for the players, it just sometimes seems like there's the presumption that the North American players simply weren't as dedicated either to role-playing in general or to getting role-playing supported servers. Neither of these are fair or true assumptions as far as I am concerned. Likewise, I've seen a little of the rather inaccurate attitude (only from a minority) that North American players now have access to "real" role playing as opposed to simply now having access to role-playing supported servers.

Overall, there should be more role-play around everywhere, though, and that's a good thing.

Citation Envoyé par Hydranova Voir le message
    Is there some list about what foods are in Lotr lore? Cause now i want to see if bacon exists....in Middle-earth that is.
    I wish I had a copy of The Fellowship of the Ring handy. I know that in the movie version, Merry and Pippin are eating bacon, sausage, and tomatoes when their fire attract the Ringwraiths to Weathertop. It would be interesting to see what is actually in the book. (I'll have to look tonight. )
    [COLOR=white]Delaney ~ Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]*[/COLOR] [COLOR=White]Kimbre ~ Warden [/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]* [/COLOR][COLOR=White]Daeryth ~ Captain [/COLOR]
    [LEFT] [URL="http://pillagers.ayakis.com"][COLOR=darkorange]Pillagers of Pipeweed[/COLOR][/URL] ~ [COLOR=lime]Landroval[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]
    [/COLOR]"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." - Frank Herbert
    [/LEFT]

Citation Envoyé par JK_the_Slacker Voir le message
    Players must accept the Terms of Service. Nothing in the world forces players to read the Terms of Service.
    Good point. (I never read them myself!)

But at least this way, Turbine could legitimately claim that players had been presented with the rules and agreed to them.

Angry Re: Turbine Official Roleplaying Rules and Policy

This is lame. We begged for this at release. Now I have charactrers and friends YEARS established on Landroval.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000052b64/01003/signature.png]Grayhawk[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par Fredelas Voir le message
    Good point. (I never read them myself!)

But at least this way, Turbine could legitimately claim that players had been presented with the rules and agreed to them.
    While players are bound to skip reading the documents if they dont feel they apply, perhaps they can be presented the first time you make a character/login to each RP world forcing you to agree or go elsewhere in this same manner.

I believe a well-informed playerbase is one that generates tickets less frequently, and less problematic to deal with. There's no excuse for well, I didn't know...., and for the most part we have a community that generally wants to follow the rules when they're known (See the recent thread about a Hobbit and her name!)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Citation Envoyé par Hydranova Voir le message
    Is there some list about what foods are in Lotr lore? Cause now i want to see if bacon exists....in Middle-earth that is.
    Pretty much anything one might have found in Europe in olden times is in, no question. So yes, you can have nice, crispy bacon

Apart from pumpkins, the more improbable imports I've noticed in-game are blueberries and sweet muffins; those are as American as Mom and apple pie.

I have a question.

Recently I've reported a name (in server Laurelin) because i think is out of lore. And turbine has closed my ticket answering that this name is not a violation of the turbine names policy, and he was added a link to http://www.lotro.com/support/1033-coc in his answer.

Until here all is OK, but... I've read the name policy in http://www.lotro.com/support/1033-coc and don't say anything of the RP servers name policy.

And my question is: How I can know if Turbine has considered the name I've reported whit both policy rules or only whit the policy in http://www.lotro.com/support/1033-coc ?

My doubt is because he only mentioned the current name policy for all servers, but not has mentioned the name policies showed in this thread.

Sorry if my english is bad.

As a newcomer to RPing, I have a question;
    what happens if you die? Because reviving yourself is hardly in character, is it? Must you delete your character altogether? Im confused
    Sorry if its a bit morbid :P
    Stephenfry
    Stephenfry - LVL 85 Hunter; Bobbyo - LVL 47 Guardian; Hildifast - LVL 17 Warden; Felafel - LVL 11 Minstrel;
    [url]http://is.gd/ZZATQw[/url] feedback appreciated :D

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on

We don't die. We have Morale, not health... when defeated, we have been demoralised by our struggle and the overwhelming odds to the point of being unable to fight any longer.

Being revived is akin to a friendly hand offering support and mustering your will to fight on, retreating is exactly that; fleeing for your life from the scene of battle. Self revives would fall into the category of gathering your will to fight again and pushing on.

Pertty much, this was an important feature of the game mechanic from the get go, so that base is nicely covered for RP already.

-Harla

P.S. No answer form anyone for my above question? I can't find an answer to it anywhere...
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]And Vengeance Be Thy Oath. [/COLOR][/FONT]

This would have been great of course had these servers been available when I started playing. I always play on RP servers when avail, however now my choice and my guilds is simple. We either stay on the current server with names like IkILLyou, we roll new toons on the RP server thus losing any money/time invested in current characters, or pay $25.00 a transfer per character, lose Kin House, Personal House, etc. Wish they would offer us a 1 time transfer account wide to the new server for those of us that want a more immersive atmosphere.

Citation Envoyé par Radhruin_EU Voir le message
    Pretty much anything one might have found in Europe in olden times is in, no question. So yes, you can have nice, crispy bacon

Apart from pumpkins, the more improbable imports I've noticed in-game are blueberries and sweet muffins; those are as American as Mom and apple pie.
    See, this is where it gets scary. Not to be argumentative, but I'm not sure what makes you say that, or for the other person to say that tomatoes don't exist in Middle Earth. Unless there's some sort of official flora and fauna put out by one of the Tolkiens, who's to say which fruits and vegetables can be found in Middle Earth? I understand people are big on canon, and therefore Hobbits shouldn't be eating sushi, reindeer goat cheese pizza or quesadillas. But Middle Earth is big, made up a variety of terrains, plus you have people coming across the sea from Aman, wherein the vegetation isn't really documented much. Moreover even though Tolkien "places" Middle Earth in Europe, he makes such radical changes to it anyway, can people afford to be sticklers over something like a tomato?

In response to bacon being IC, well, there are pigs and lots of boars in-game .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000027d5a9/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Is this actually being enforced? I'm seeing a ton of OOC chat in /say on Laurelin, and it really kinda bugs me, but I don't know if I should/can report it (partially out of fear that I'll be reprimanded by a GM for frivolous reports).
    Check out [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1174194/]my blog[/url]! Kinda inactive, but there's some good stuff on RP in there. Anti-lore RPers, check it out for raegtiems.

This policy is a great help for roleplayers, I thank Turbine for it; but let's face it: it's not applied, and it can't be as it is.

/trade and /LFF channels are used OOC by 90% of players; with biographies is the same, as Saelie explained.

Wouldn't it be better to have rules more in line with the server's actual reality, but apply them more effectively, giving more attention to reports like Durloss' up above?

i personally feel that the naming policy is too strict and that the practice of forced renames of characters is unacceptable. especially when the names generated by the game automatically end up being less lore appropriate then the original name. i also believe that the rules are too strict and stifle creativity and character development this combined with the limitations of the in game name system to begin with means that players have poor choice when creating names to role play with.

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    Citation Envoyé par Harla Voir le message
    I have a brief question regarding naming and name changes:

Is the policy regarding names more directed inthe sense of "That's strictly not in the Lore" or "That's not stricly outside of the Lore"

I ask because there are plenty of character names, especially in the case of, for example, monickers that a character might go by (ie. he might have been named James Cartwight by his parents, but now as an adult gets called Haystack amongst his friends, becasue of a somewhat amusing incident a few years back, and introduces himself as such), which by virtue of being callings rather than names specifically, aren't truly "lore appropriate names" ... but at the same time, when taken with the character's biography, are completely believable and acceptable.

Would Turbine enforce a name change over something like this, if it were reported by a player that didn't consider the character's story along with the name, and/or would turbine view the character's story and other information when making a decision regarding a name?

Or is it more the case where only names that are very flagrantly out of line will be modified?

Also, if a name change occurs and you don't believe that the change was justified, are there any channels to make your case or appeal the decision?

Still no answer given by any offical channel to these quite valid questions, and no formal information regarding this specificity is forthcomming. Can we PLEASE get an answer, since recently I have seen nothing but discontent from virtually every direction regarding names, namee changes, and policy.
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Question Role playng

Ok i hawe been read of this roleplay,but i dont get what is the diference when u get a roleplay,what are the benefits,why shoud i play a roleplay,can Admin explain ths,not the rules of violations cos i get the picture,that is what i dont understand,why is roleplay exist if that doesnt make any difference like a regular play????

To answer that question, Bok, you'd need to understand what roleplaying is and why people do it. It's not uique to LotRO, and it's not even unique to -GAMES-.

It's a form of entertainment and enjoyment that you can pursue if you enjoy it, in many different forms, on a wide variety of media. People RP for many reasons, but at the heart of it, it comes back to a simple: becuase they enjoy it.

Take me as an example, if you like: My preferred style of Roleplay is free-form and creative. I tend to gravitate towards written form in forum-based plays, rather than in games. In my mind, ech of my characters exist as fully formed indiiduals with highly detialed lives adn stories, histories, personalities, likes, dislikes, and individual peculiarities, as you might find in any other person you meet or talk to. I enjoy giving htese characters the freedom to live and act and play as they would, and to interract with others who are also so inclined, for the simple enjoyment of telling a story with others... for someone like me, the game is simply a tool that facilitates this form of entertainment I enjoy.

Other RPers prefer more discipline and rule-structure intheir play; characters decisions and choices that must be weighted against a rule system and numbers. People who play DnD, and similar games are a good example of this. They also like to take on and play the character and personalities of their crated characters, but tend to prefer that the elements of gameplay are still in place in some fashion, to keep all players on a certain amount of shared ground.

Most of the RPers who play LotRO tend to fall closer to my end of the spectrum: they want to see the game simply as a platform to interract and enjoy playing the role and personality of their character, with other people who also enjoy this. To be strictly mechanical about it, no, there is no in-game benefit to roel-playing, no game-mechanical advantage, and indeed, many if not most people who play this game for the RP element aren't too concerned about the hard mechanics of the game itself.

This isn't the place for a full dissetation on what Roleplaying is and why people enjoy it, so I won't derail that far, but, if you're genuinely interested in finding out what it's all about, have a look about some of the other threads here, to being with, and then maybe back it up with some more research of your own. I'm not willing to pass judgement on your behalf, but I'd hazard a guess from the tone of your enquiry that you propbably won't find it to be a thing to your taste... even so, I try not to judge people on face value, so, please, I encouage you to look into it further.

-Harla

Apologies to zombie post, but three things:

First, the original post should add the "new" world channel to the unrestricted chat list.

Second, it might be nice to know if this policy is going to change in any way as part of the upcoming server reorganization; i.e., will the policy continue?

Third, I'm hoping the reorganization will bring more NA users like me to Laurelin. Can Turbine do something to highlight worlds with this feature in the server reorganization notice?

More about the third ...

I played on Landroval for years, choosing it because it was a "local" RP server according to the launcher list, but I really like this policy and eventually "moved" to Laurelin (i.e., started characters afresh since xfers weren't possible). There has been a steady stream of non-EU people to the server over that time, but it's still harder to find groups than it was on Landroval. I think players on worlds that will close may not know about this policy but would like it, and they may pass up Laurelin because it's tagged EU in the servers list.

I've asked often since the reorg was announced if EU players see any significant lag since Laurelin moved to the US post-CodeMasters. They haven't, and I hope when Laurelin moves back to a (hopefully new state-of-the-art) data center in the EU, I won't see any additional lag either.

I've also noticed some oddities in the launcher server list names, like "Anduin [DE]" versus "Maiar [EU-DE]" versus "Belegaer [EU-DE-RP]" versus "Estel [FR-RP]". Is Anduin a German language server in the US? Is Estel not labelled EU because of broader distribution of French speakers across more timezones? And tangentially, no Spanish-speaking servers at all, let alone an RP one?

Could Laurelin be relisted as "EN-RP" and the notice about server reorganizations include a description of it as the global English-speaking roleplay-supported world versus Landroval's RE?

It would also be nice if mousing over a server in the launcher gave a tooltip description including a link to this policy and/or selecting a server replaced the notices text below the list with a longer description of the server, also including a link to this policy.

This is probably a really, really, stupid question, but can you RP outside the listed forums? (I'm on Evernight) I have a huge IC (in character) story and everything for my main account, and I don't want to have to rp a different character because I can't on the server I'm on. Thank you!
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][FONT=Book Antiqua]Eshwyn Thion: Girl in the Green Hat. (Human Champion, Evernight) [B]~ [/B]Lesswyn (Aeva): Former Blackwold (Human Burlgar, Landroval) [B]~ [/B]Eiswynn: Young Elf (Elf Hunter, Landroval)[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=2]I'm usually playing on weekends only, mostly Sundays. I love role-play![/SIZE] [RIGHT]Poor Amdir...[/RIGHT]

Hey, BlueGhostsofSeaside!

You can RP on any server that you are on. The reason there are RP and RP Encouraged servers is so that people have a better chance of finding RP partners on these servers. I started out in Dwarrowdelf and had some RPing experiences there, but moved to Landroval, where it was easier to find RP because it was singled out for that. Hopefully you can find some people who would like to RP with you on Evernight. But if you can't, Laurelin or Landroval would love to have you!

Citation Envoyé par Gloompeach Voir le message
    Hey, BlueGhostsofSeaside!

You can RP on any server that you are on. The reason there are RP and RP Encouraged servers is so that people have a better chance of finding RP partners on these servers. I started out in Dwarrowdelf and had some RPing experiences there, but moved to Landroval, where it was easier to find RP because it was singled out for that. Hopefully you can find some people who would like to RP with you on Evernight. But if you can't, Laurelin or Landroval would love to have you!
    Thank you! I might actually make a new character and play there 'cause I'm curious, we'll see.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][FONT=Book Antiqua]Eshwyn Thion: Girl in the Green Hat. (Human Champion, Evernight) [B]~ [/B]Lesswyn (Aeva): Former Blackwold (Human Burlgar, Landroval) [B]~ [/B]Eiswynn: Young Elf (Elf Hunter, Landroval)[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=2]I'm usually playing on weekends only, mostly Sundays. I love role-play![/SIZE] [RIGHT]Poor Amdir...[/RIGHT]

It would have been wise if this was stickied from the start on the forums of the RP Supported Worlds: Laurelin, Belegaer, and Estel, though alas, Estel is now no more. And though it is a sad event for all closing servers, for my part, I feel most pity and understanding in heart and mind for Estel, as for them their choice seems hard indeed: to go to Laurelin for a server which though unlike in language, is kindred in spirit and understanding due to the rp community, or go to the French non RP remaining world due to their language and leave behind the more immersive environment that the additional rules contribute to and be separated from kindred spirits.

But I stray.

As it is said in Middle-earth, need brooks no delay but late is better than never. Shall we then not think for days ahead? This thread would serve better for ready knowledge on the forums of the two now RP Supported Worlds.

Citation Envoyé par Erennor Voir le message
    It would have been wise if this was stickied from the start on the forums of the RP Supported Worlds: Laurelin, Belegaer... This thread would serve better for ready knowledge on the forums of the two now RP Supported Worlds.
    With revisions inbound for the temporary relaxation of rules, it's a good time to consider some edits and also to ask if a forum thread post is the best way to communicate this. Here are some revisions I think would be useful:

* Promote this post to a web page like the quick-start guides and the community guidelines above. Summarize the policy and link to it from this sticky and add stickies in each RP server's forums, as Errenor suggests above. That would also make it easier to link to it from the launcher or the transfer utility. Hint, hint.

* The general naming policy link in the article above results in a redirect loop for me; maybe that policy should also be "promoted" to a web page, too.

* Include the new /world channel in the non-restricted chat channel list.

* Remove Estel. *sigh* I feel for the FR-RP community since RP is so language-dependent.

* A nice-to-have for me would be making LFF a non-restricted channel since it usually involves meta-language to help people specify exactly what they need.

* Trade as restricted is less cumbersome because linking items includes game names, but maybe that could get permanently relaxed too.

* Tangentially, it would also be nice if LFF, Trade, and Advice became global channels since their use regionally is pretty low.

Citation Envoyé par banhorn Voir le message
    With revisions inbound for the temporary relaxation of rules
    Is this a wish of yours? I missed that news if it's news because it's news to me.

Page 2 sur 3 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages