Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 3 sur 127 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 51 à 75 sur 3157

Re: Two-word Tolkien Trivia

Citation Envoyé par Mister_Underhill Voir le message
    The moon-runes on Thror's map, perhaps?
    Citation Envoyé par Boraxxe Voir le message
    That is correct!
    Golly, now I have to come up with another one. Umm, umm... Oh, I know.

Opposites attract.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

Citation Envoyé par Mister_Underhill Voir le message

Opposites attract.
    Ungoliant famished for the holy light of Valinor, the Two Trees, and the Silmarils?
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Garamond]* * *
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par BIGeyedBUG Voir le message
    Ungoliant famished for the holy light of Valinor, the Two Trees, and the Silmarils?
    Not what I had in mind... but a good answer!
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;

Opposites attract:

Obvious answer = Gimli and Legolas.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Citation Envoyé par Morthaur Voir le message
    Opposites attract:

Obvious answer = Gimli and Legolas.
    No, but you're getting warmer...

Gimli and Galadriel. Gimli and Eomer. Gimli and Lobelia Sackville-Baggins! /scandalous
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Gimli and Galadriel.
    Again, almost...

Gimli and Eomer.
    "Nay, you are excused for my part, lord," he said. "You have chosen the Evening; but my love is given to the Morning. And my heart forebodes that soon it will pass away for ever."
    The Return of the King: "Many Partings," p. 253

This is what I was thinking of, yes.

Gimli and Lobelia Sackville-Baggins! /scandalous
    O_o
    /runs screaming
    Dernière modification par Mister_Underhill ; 15/12/2010 à 01h39.

Gah, I was certain it was Galadriel--the rest was meant as a joke, not a ballot-stuffing. :blush:

Anyway...

"Condensed Polyphemus"
    [/CENTER]

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)

Condensed Polyphemus:

Thrain (though I think he usually cooked his meat).
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Sauron, as perceived by Frodo with the Ring on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par Boraxxe Voir le message
    Condensed Polyphemus:

Thrain (though I think he usually cooked his meat).
    Ding! You are nimbler and more sly than Odysseus himself!
    Dernière modification par BIGeyedBUG ; 15/12/2010 à 20h17.
    [/CENTER]

Gah, I was certain it was Galadriel--the rest was meant as a joke, not a ballot-stuffing. :blush:
    As I said, that was the passage I had in mind. I'd also have taken 'Galadriel and Arwen' as an answer, since they are the 'Attractive Opposites' mentioned.

Two weeks having passed without the designated question asker having availed him/herself of the opportunity, I will take up the mantle.

Odin's time
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par Vilnas Voir le message

Odin's time

My first thought is the day of the week called Menelya, Ormenel, or Hevensday which corresponds closely with our Wednesday, and is translated as such by Tolkien. Wednesday is, of course, derived from "Odin's Day".
    [/CENTER]

Yes, the clue does mean Wednesday (or Wotensday). But that is not the complete correct answer, nor is Menelya, Ormenel, or Hevensday. I am looking for a specific reference in one of the main texts.

Very nice work getting the hard part out of the way though.

Yes, the clue does mean Wednesday (or Wotensday). But that is not the complete correct answer, nor is Menelya, Ormenel, or Hevensday. I am looking for a specific reference in one of the main texts.

Very nice work getting the hard part out of the way though.
    Ok, it seemed a little weak of an answer even to me, but it is a specific reference from the Appendices. :P

Gandalf Tea Wednesday, the note Bilbo should have written to himself after his meeting with the Wizard in The Hobbit.
    [/CENTER]

Gandalf Tea Wednesday, the note Bilbo should have written to himself after his meeting with the Wizard in The Hobbit.
    Just so. Nicely done.

Just so. Nicely done.
    Thanks! I'm not sure that the intuitive process of finding an answer to any of these riddles has pleased me as much as that one did.

Alrighty then...

"Mongrel flycatcher".
    [/CENTER]

Thanks! I'm not sure that the intuitive process of finding an answer to any of these riddles has pleased me as much as that one did.

Alrighty then...

"Mongrel flycatcher".
    I'm gonna take a leap and say Huan, the great hound of Valinor.

Alrighty then...

"Mongrel flycatcher".
    I'm glad you liked it! It is getting harder and harder to come up with new angles for these riddles.

Citation Envoyé par KonstantinPalailogos Voir le message
    I'm gonna take a leap and say Huan, the great hound of Valinor.
    Nope......
    [/CENTER]

Nope......

Well I got nothin' then

Alrighty then...

"Mongrel flycatcher".
    I would say the lesser spiders of Ered Gorgoroth, but your question seems to suggest a singular answer. If so, then Shelob - the last child of Ungoliant to trouble an unhappy world (or something like that).

While I was hoping to prompt a Shelob response, as an answer she is far off the track.
    [/CENTER]

I wasn't particularly happy with the applicability of "mongrel" to Shelob in any event.

Next guess: Old Man Willow (for the flesh eating plant angle)

Page 3 sur 127 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... DernièreDernière

Règles de messages