I just let an abandoned kin decay past 55 days ( http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...nship-dissolve ), and 2 things became apparent:
1) There definitely was no mail notification to officers nor members. (Can't speak to successors, none had been designated.)
2) The current choice of wording is misleading...
- "...If the successor does not usurp leadership within 10 days, all officers of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any officer can usurp leadership.
- If no officer usurps leadership within 20 days, all members of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any member can usurp leadership..."
"20 days" from when? When officers first can usurp, like the Successor had 10 days? Nope - it's from when the Successor could have usurped - a poor choice of phrasing, b/c officers don't have 20 days, only 10 before the next phase kicks in.
Each stage is given 10 days before the next stage kicks in - successor, officers, members. So, a less ambiguous presentation might be something like...
- Day 0 - Kin Leader stops logging in
- Day 35* - Successor able to usurp
- Day 45* - Officers able to usurp
- Day 55* - Any Member able to usurp
- Day 65* - Kin disbanded
(* Days since the kin Leader's last log-on. ''Days'' are measured at midnight, not to the exact multiple of 24 hours since the Leader logged out.)