We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 69 of 69
  1. #51

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    I've a question about the new Book 12 update on housing decroations: where are any of the NEW items to purchase, or craft?

    I went to the local housing supply vendor but do not see anything new. It is nice that we can now rotate our stuff to face any direction, so can have my chair facing the fireplace, etc.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Okay, so I went to the elf rep vendor to buy a couple more elven statues for the front of my house... and they aren't there anymore. Does anyone know where the housing items you could buy from Rep vendors have gone?

    The statues, special furniture, everything was gone except the recipes you could buy.
    Saelindraen, lvl 50 hunter - Landroval
    Officer - Council of the Secret Fire

  3. #53

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Red, there's another vendor standing nearby who now has them (as well as standard supplier items, oddly enough).

    -Rain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000001fc18/01007/signature.png]Rainwhisper[/charsig][size=1]
    Rainwhisper - [url=http://www.dawnsong.org]Dawnsong Explorers[/url] - Windfola
    My house decorating guide is [url=http://www.dawnsong.org/housing.htm]here[/url].[/size]

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainwhisper View Post
    Red, there's another vendor standing nearby who now has them (as well as standard supplier items, oddly enough).

    -Rain
    Alright, so you have to at least have ally standing with any rep group to purchase items that we could once purchase as acquaintance or higher.

    Thanks for the info, just a little upset that they moved these items into a much higher rep category before they can be purchased.
    Saelindraen, lvl 50 hunter - Landroval
    Officer - Council of the Secret Fire

  5. #55

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBindi View Post
    Alright, so you have to at least have ally standing with any rep group to purchase items that we could once purchase as acquaintance or higher.

    Thanks for the info, just a little upset that they moved these items into a much higher rep category before they can be purchased.
    Yeah, and then Turbine in effect HIDES the new housing items from view, making this like some kind of wierd treasure hunt or something. What a way to try and furnish a house.

    Why not have housing items like armour? You can't purchase it until you've reached a certain level, for example. Hiding where the items are, making us search for recipes, having ally standing with some group, etc ... what?!! just to buy housing items? Why?

    Gads, in the real Medieval era, people would go to a furniture maker and he would make the furniture you wanted. Or you would buy from a traveling merchant who came to town once in a while. Much simpler and realistic.

  6. #56

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainwhisper View Post
    I've typed up a list of all the purchasable, craftable, festival, reputation, and taxidermy items and posted it here.

    I've also added it to one of the worksheet tabs on my Character Reference Sheet which can be found at the top of the right column of this page if you would like to have this information as an Excel spreadsheet..

    Pictures of the items are available here. All of the pictures are up now!

    I would like to publish (on the floorplans page) a list of how many of each kind of hook are in each floorplan. If you know that information for your housing type, please post it below.

    I welcome all suggestions on format, content, and typos . Please let me know if this is worth the time I'm putting into it.

    I did some experimenting, and 300x300 seems to be about the ideal size, although it still makes the pages a bit clunky. I'm sorry for the darkness of some of the shots, but some items could only be found in Dwarf country .

    I'm concerned that I wouldn't have the bandwidth to host MP3's of the house music. Any suggestions in that regard?

    I'm also attempting to make it a more comprehensive guide to housing as a whole.

    -Rain
    Thank You Tons!!!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    236

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Let me just ask this to confirm it:

    Even though the Lorebook says you only need Acquaintance status with the Elves of Rivendell to buy Elven statues, you actually need ALLY status?

    Source: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Reput...s_of_Rivendell

    Just want to make sure this is the case before I grind my way to Acquaintance standing only to discover I have many miles to go before I sleep.

    Thank you.
    [b]Wizenwood[/b] [Loremaster 85], [b]Ainuril[/b] [Guardian 65]

    [b]Landroval Server[/b]

  8. #58

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Starting to get things caught back up, and I could use help from anyone with the time to point out what's missing. Send me a PM when you catch something!

    -Rain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000001fc18/01007/signature.png]Rainwhisper[/charsig][size=1]
    Rainwhisper - [url=http://www.dawnsong.org]Dawnsong Explorers[/url] - Windfola
    My house decorating guide is [url=http://www.dawnsong.org/housing.htm]here[/url].[/size]

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    684

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainwhisper View Post
    Starting to get things caught back up, and I could use help from anyone with the time to point out what's missing. Send me a PM when you catch something!

    -Rain
    I've got screenshots of 3 of the 4 summer festival wall surfaces and can get the fourth (is in our kinhouse).







    Also, can get you screenshots of every yard item from the summer festival if you want (and don't forget all the different colors of fireworks). Just send me a PM if you want them.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    556

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    It seems the links to the festival housing skins has been deleted from photobucket. Also I couldn't find these items in the links at the decoration website. Rain, are you planning to have pictures of these items and where they come from on the site? Am I missing these?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow][URL="http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=169289&TabID=1433241"]WANDERING COMPANY KINSHIP[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000066e/01008/signature.png]Ithiliavas[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=lime]"yet still some go wandering,sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness,guarding from evil things folk that are heedless."
    [COLOR=Orange]Subscriber since April 2007[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

  11. #61

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Time to get back into the game. Feel free to send me your screenshots (preferably hi-res and in the size and framing of the existing items) if you want new items linked in the housing guide.

    -Rain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000001fc18/01007/signature.png]Rainwhisper[/charsig][size=1]
    Rainwhisper - [url=http://www.dawnsong.org]Dawnsong Explorers[/url] - Windfola
    My house decorating guide is [url=http://www.dawnsong.org/housing.htm]here[/url].[/size]

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Awsome job on the site.

    Have a question or even a suggestion for the developers.

    Is there a feature that allows one to do screenshots and frame these for use as a Wall picture in his house? Think it would exciting idea if it hasn't already been implemented in the game.

    Thanks much,
    Krubby

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New-Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    60

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Krubby View Post
    Awsome job on the site.

    Have a question or even a suggestion for the developers.

    Is there a feature that allows one to do screenshots and frame these for use as a Wall picture in his house? Think it would exciting idea if it hasn't already been implemented in the game.

    Thanks much,
    Krubby
    Wow that would be a great idea! I would love that!

    I got a question of my own also!! Is there a site that you could listen to the music that you can hook in your house? I would love hearing them all and choosing between them...instead of going to every housing instance and grinding for deeds to get a song you dont like
    [CENTER]Spankin' orc Butts since '07!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000170b66/01005/signature.png]Ghodric[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/ghodric/"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Ghodric[/FONT][/URL] [FONT="Book Antiqua"](Elendilmir main)[/FONT] / [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/aorman/"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Aorman[/FONT][/URL] [FONT="Book Antiqua"](FireFoot main)[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]3 Myrtle Court, Nickbury, Shire[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    1,909

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by UFCfreak View Post
    I got a question of my own also!! Is there a site that you could listen to the music that you can hook in your house? I would love hearing them all and choosing between them...instead of going to every housing instance and grinding for deeds to get a song you dont like
    Agreed. I don't mind so much working to get all the housing pieces, but I'm a packrat, so if I buy something I don't want to use, it just ends up taking storage space.

    Thank you, Rainwhisper and all the others, for putting together the list with pictures. If it is still growing, maybe I can help out with screenshots when I get something new.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    80

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Bless Rain for all her work on the decorating guide, but it has sadly fallen out of date. Until a new sticky has been added, you will probably want to use this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
    The Decoration and Furniture Guide is the perfect reference for all your housing needs. Covering every decoration item available to LOTRO players; this Guide is also currently the most comprehensive, accurate and up to date listing of housing items available online.

    You will find here all the information you need to plan the decoration of your home, from the description and picture of the item to its price, required components for crafting and, of course, where to buy it. This Guide regroups all crafted, reputation, skirmish and regular vendor items, sorted by type. Festival Items will be covered in Annex I and Taxidermist Items in Annex II, which should be released later this summer.

    Decoration and Furniture Guide

    6/26/10 Update: Festival Items have been added to the guide!
    6/30/10 Update: Trophy Items have been added to the guide!

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Decorating guide Ha Ha the docorating in this game is ???? i cant even put chairs around my table so the we can sit there and talk. if we have a meeting in the kin house we all have to sit on the floor.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    80

    Re: Rain's Decorating Guide

    Bumping info so that most up to date guide stays visible
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
    The Decoration and Furniture Guide is the perfect reference for all your housing needs. Covering every decoration item available to LOTRO players; this Guide is also currently the most comprehensive, accurate and up to date listing of housing items available online.

    You will find here all the information you need to plan the decoration of your home, from the description and picture of the item to its price, required components for crafting and, of course, where to buy it. This Guide regroups all crafted, reputation, skirmish and regular vendor items, sorted by type. Festival Items will be covered in Annex I and Taxidermist Items in Annex II, which should be released later this summer.

    Decoration and Furniture Guide

    6/26/10 Update: Festival Items have been added to the guide!
    6/30/10 Update: Trophy Items have been added to the guide!

  18. #68
    it's already 2013 and at the middle part of the year at that, it's going to be 2014 soon, there should be new and more housing decorations to choose from by now considering that this thread was in 2007

  19. #69
    You cannot expect that a player updates an old forum thread again and again, over the course of five or six years; there is a reason why pages like the Lotro Wiki have been created. The joint work of many can compile a much more complete list of anything much faster as any single person could.

    As an example, there is this trader in front of the Mead Hall of Hytbold which offers more items than your average furniture vendor. The list is way too large for a single player to obtain, check and store all the items in there, and make a picture of each. The Lotro Wiki can do that and you'll find the results on http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rinwald if you follow the respective links.


    Greetings, Polymachos

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload