We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Housing FAQ

You can't sell the house, but you can abandon it to purchase another house.

Housing Queries

It's been a while since I last played. How do I enter 'decorate mode' in my house? From whom do I purchase a storage chest for house?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudonym View Post
    It's been a while since I last played. How do I enter 'decorate mode' in my house? From whom do I purchase a storage chest for house?
    There's a little 'button' in your circular HUD (upper right corner of screen) that lets you turn on the decorate mode. I don't recall exactly where to buy the chest; I *think* it's an option under housing management (also accessible from the HUD, I think?).

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvich View Post
    There's a little 'button' in your circular HUD (upper right corner of screen) that lets you turn on the decorate mode. I don't recall exactly where to buy the chest; I *think* it's an option under housing management (also accessible from the HUD, I think?).
    Yes. If you got to the house management tab on your character paperdoll (behind the 'c' button on your keyboard), you'll be able to purchase additional chests there.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudonym View Post
    I appreciate the quick response! Thanks very much both of you!!

Is there an updated list of neighborhoods anywhere?
    Give Me Southfarthing or Give Me Death, Turbine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000027fa65/signature.png]Blagrogat[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shryakaw View Post
    Is there an updated list of neighborhoods anywhere?
    Turbine did not add any neighborhoods. The last addition was probably 3-4 years ago. I am not sure which servers have all the neighborhoods active. Perhaps Laurelin, Brandywine and Landroval.

The only new item is the updated functionality for the housing chest.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine did not add any neighborhoods. The last addition was probably 3-4 years ago. I am not sure which servers have all the neighborhoods active. Perhaps Laurelin, Brandywine and Landroval.

The only new item is the updated functionality for the housing chest.
    I thought new neighborhoods were added when others fill up.
    For example, LOTRO Wiki shows 42 hobbit neigborhoods while https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...hrough-Housing shows 145.
    Last edited by Shryakaw; Nov 23 2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Give Me Southfarthing or Give Me Death, Turbine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000027fa65/signature.png]Blagrogat[/charsig]

Waiting for Housing Expansion

I used to be a hard-core altoholic- I have 8-10 toon over 2 accounts; and I've fallen behind by at least 2 expansions. I keep paying for them because I keep thinking LOTRO is 'THE' game... but I think I'm at my limit... lifetime or no. I'm at the point- I'll never play again until they: expand housing into other areas.

Note- I'm not requiring devs to expand it into whatever is current; but by damn- some other area! Being sick of starter zones is a pittance to my real feelings.

Whole post is a #### shot and potentionally worthless- by the time Devs read this and make it happen- wager it'll be the last #### shoot into oblivioun as Dev driven games like Torment and Star Citizen pulll folks away (mentioned only because I have invested in both).

Once upon a time I made a similiar investment in LOTRO- it's paid itself off well; but I get the impression the lack of services is more to drive me away than attract new business... and longevity of others.

They are succeeding- but where I am going- where others surely will... won't be LOTRO... it'll be the next age stuff. And delaying pleasing up now- just gives us more reason to sign off and say farewell to a franchise that live well...and died well...and is no more!

Wake the #### up... this could be reality in 12 mos.

Devs~ you want my dime- give me what I want... stop second guessing what you 'think' I want... and own up to reality. Else when the truth hits... it won't be pretty...and your only grace will be that I won't be around to watch... I'm be too busy giving my money and time to someone else's dream.

I bought a house and payed one upkeep but i my pc got broken few days after 31.3.2014 and i will buy new pc this week...will my house still be mine or not?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1988 View Post
    I bought a house and payed one upkeep but i my pc got broken few days after 31.3.2014 and i will buy new pc this week...will my house still be mine or not?
    Yes, it will. It takes 3 months for a house to foreclose once upkeep runs out.

Update to main post please?

Some of the data on the first page is grossly out of date. Is there any chance that someone could update it, or redo it? Or would it make more sense to wait until the Housing Update that has now been indefinitely postponed?

Quote Originally Posted by Veltkreeg View Post
    How much do houses cost?
    Prices vary, but are in this general range:
    Standard (Tier 1): 1g, 50s upkeep
    Deluxe (Tier 2): 7g, 150s upkeep
    Kin (Tier 3): 15-17g, 300s upkeep

How much do storage containers cost?
    Container 1: 100s
    Container 2: 500s
    Container 3: 2.500g

How much space does each container have?
    30 slots.

How many storage containers can I put in my house?
    1 container per tier of house.

Can you have more than 1 house on a server?
    No.

Can you upgrade a house?
    No.

Can your alts use "return to house"?
    No.

What permissions are there on houses?
    There are 5 permissions that can be assigned on a individual, kinship, or everyone basis:
    - Visitor: Enter/exit house
    - Housing Chests: Put items into or take items from a container
    - Upkeep: Can pay upkeep
    - Decorate: Ability to decorate the house
    - Manage Permissions: Ability to change permissions

Can I pay upkeep in advance?
    Yes. Up to six weeks.

What happens if you abandon a house?
    It will put all of your items from the house in an escrow account that you have to access within 6 days to retrieve the items. It also returns all monies you have paid into the escrow account for maintenance fees. It does not, however, return any of the money that you paid for the house. (Yugi) There is also a 24 hour cooldown before you can purchase another house.
    Hello. I admit that I didn't read all of the posts for this, as there seemed to be nine pages or so. I quoted above just some relevant information, but had additional questions. I have a deluxe house in a Bree-Lands community (and have three Characters: one Man and two Elves). In my neighborhood, there aren't very many dealers at all.

1. What is meant by having some sort of "dealer discount" in my neighborhood? Does that mean in Bree? All of the Bree-Lands (Archet, Combe, etc.)? I've not really notice any significant discounts since I mainly hop to Michel Delving to do my Crafting, Auction House, and other purchases. (I'm just more familiar with the Shire.)

2. I looked last night and have a "Deluxe House." But it's really, really small. It has two bedrooms, a parlor, and one chest. I have three fireplaces (I believe I bought two). But the house is tiny despite living on Garden Street. I'd like to buy another house, such as the empty one beside mine. It's an eyesore in the neighborhood since it's "For Sale." It's been empty and abandoned, weeds are growing in the yard, and passersby see it before they can see my house. I don't know if it's Deluxe or not. Can I buy two houses?

3. I see above that I could buy more that one "container." Does that mean another chest, would it be automatically placed somewhere in my house and how big is it (small space, etc.)?

Thank you in advance for any responses!
    Little Hope there is that help should come from Gondor, but we shall see the glory of Cardolan restored!

--Calimendil Calantir

Quote Originally Posted by Calimendil View Post
    1. What is meant by having some sort of "dealer discount" in my neighborhood? Does that mean in Bree? All of the Bree-Lands (Archet, Combe, etc.)? I've not really notice any significant discounts since I mainly hop to Michel Delving to do my Crafting, Auction House, and other purchases. (I'm just more familiar with the Shire.)

2. I looked last night and have a "Deluxe House." But it's really, really small. It has two bedrooms, a parlor, and one chest. I have three fireplaces (I believe I bought two). But the house is tiny despite living on Garden Street. I'd like to buy another house, such as the empty one beside mine. It's an eyesore in the neighborhood since it's "For Sale." It's been empty and abandoned, weeds are growing in the yard, and passersby see it before they can see my house. I don't know if it's Deluxe or not. Can I buy two houses?

3. I see above that I could buy more that one "container." Does that mean another chest, would it be automatically placed somewhere in my house and how big is it (small space, etc.)?
    1) I think the discount is only at the vendors INSIDE your homestead.

2) You can to buy ONLY 1 house per account (but you can to purchase several kinhouses if you have several kin leaders in the same account).

3) Its outdated info. In the past you can to buy several chests for your house, depending the house type. But now house chest is similar to the vault, you can to purchase chest upgrades, first with gold and after it with mithril coins (limit with gold is 60 slots in a personal house chest and 90 slots in a kinshouse chest).

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    1) I think the discount is only at the vendors INSIDE your homestead.

2) You can to buy ONLY 1 house per account (but you can to purchase several kinhouses if you have several kin leaders in the same account).

3) Its outdated info. In the past you can to buy several chests for your house, depending the house type. But now house chest is similar to the vault, you can to purchase chest upgrades, first with gold and after it with mithril coins (limit with gold is 60 slots in a personal house chest and 90 slots in a kinshouse chest).

I appreciate the promptness of your response. Thing is... the vendors (if you could call them that) in my "neighborhood" sell household decor, potions of some sort, a vault-lady, some other fellow, some trainers, and bards. There isn't a forge, work-table, provisioner, or supplier. Am I in a "bad neighborhood"?
    Little Hope there is that help should come from Gondor, but we shall see the glory of Cardolan restored!

--Calimendil Calantir

I appreciate the promptness of your response. Thing is... the vendors (if you could call them that) in my "neighborhood" sell household decor, potions of some sort, a vault-lady, some other fellow, some trainers, and bards. There isn't a forge, work-table, provisioner, or supplier. Am I in a "bad neighborhood"?
    I think there are a Supplier & Provisioner in each race homestead. In Falathlorn (elven homestead) name is Glosmir (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Glosmir).

About the crafting facilities, dont exist inside the homesteads, its a long asked thing in the forum housing threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    I think there are a Supplier & Provisioner in each race homestead. In Falathlorn (elven homestead) name is Glosmir (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Glosmir).

About the crafting facilities, dont exist inside the homesteads, its a long asked thing in the forum housing threads.

Thank you. This is probably going above and beyond your experience, but my house is in the Bree-Lands. Do you know who I should go to, and where are the Suppliers/Vendors located? I know the discount isn't "massive," but am curious. Thanks again.

--Calimendil Calantir

Thank you. This is probably going above and beyond your experience, but my house is in the Bree-Lands. Do you know who I should go to, and where are the Suppliers/Vendors located? I know the discount isn't "massive," but am curious. Thanks again.
    Near the center of the neighborhood there's a building with the vault in it that also has a supplier, healer, and provisioner. Those are the ones with the discounts.

Bree-Land Neighborhood Vendors!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    Near the center of the neighborhood there's a building with the vault in it that also has a supplier, healer, and provisioner. Those are the ones with the discounts.
    Thank you so much for this information. I really do appreciate it!

--Calimendil Calantir

As HunterGreen say, the Supplier & Provisioner in bree-land homestead, Jack Woodhouse ( http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Jack_Woodhouse ) is in the Homestead Provisions building ( http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Home...ns_(Bree-land) ).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9