We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Hide Farming Areas

The best place for sturdy hides imo is Nan Amlug in Esteldin. I love the aurochs there, isn't too hard to find them, plus they tend to drop two hides as well instead of 1 ^^
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001a34b0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=https://twitter.com/NalyeAsMeldar]Twitter[/url] | [URL="http://sarathaela.deviantart.com/"]Deviant Art[/URL] | [URL="http://hammadiquendi.blogspot.ch/"]Hammad-i-Quendi - Outfits for Elves[/URL]
    Daerundros | Selarthil | Ruthoiel | Duinien[/center]

I prefer Sturdy Hides off the Aurochs outside Esteldin, they drop 2-3 at a time
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001cecbb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

i just want to thank all of you. You have saved me loads of time once again.

Quote Originally Posted by CHA_Dragon View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I've been hearing others say Lothlorien and Mirkwood, but no specific area.
    Pretty much any non-orc area of Lothlorien drops exceptional hides from everything. I like along the small river, areas that have Hart and Bear spawns; The pig area is not bad as well, but easy to farm out. Have not found a good Mirkwood area, don't know an area thats mostly hide droppers.

As for an earlier post, If you slumming, Arochs are great droppers of hides, not worth the trouble at level, but when you drop them with one or two hits, they are very productive. Goats are not bad either.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001111ac/01000/signature.png]Luteman[/charsig]

Cool Re: Hide Farming Areas

Not sure if this was mentioned or maybe my experiences last night were new after an update or something...

I was getting THREE Sturdy Hides per kill of the Hoar-Mantles just west by southwest of Esteldin on a big hill. Tons of hoar-mantles on the south side and west side of the hill and they drop up to THREE each!! I got 400 Sturdy Hides in ONE HOUR!!!
    "Werd"

Quote Originally Posted by KingDutka View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned or maybe my experiences last night were new after an update or something...

I was getting THREE Sturdy Hides per kill of the Hoar-Mantles just west by southwest of Esteldin on a big hill. Tons of hoar-mantles on the south side and west side of the hill and they drop up to THREE each!! I got 400 Sturdy Hides in ONE HOUR!!!
    I just wanted to throw it out there that the wolf den near Oatbarton is a pretty sweet place to farm sturdy hides, especially if you dont kill the signatures too well. Lots and lots of wolves spawn, and there are as many as I can kill at level 42. Good drop rate too

Last edited by cwew; Nov 21 2012 at 07:53 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004e04f9/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gtechie View Post
    Light Hide - Wolves den in Combe

Medium Hide - Bears in Old Forest, follow the river that runs through the old forest all the way to the west till it ends. nothing but bears that drop medium hide.

Sturdy hide - Wargs den in Nam Amlug in North Downs, just southeast of the entrance to Angmar.

Pristine hide - Cave claws in Maethad, south of Gorothlad, in Angmar. There's an area with nothing but static spawns of cave claws.

Exceptional hide - it was Isendeep if the Freeps have control but it's still dangerous because creeps still go in after gold farmers. I would say Sarnur now is the 2nd best if you don't want to risk it in Isendeep.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrnknElf View Post
    For magnificent and extraordinary hides, I have no clue. I just kill and skin everything in Moria. Too bad goblin and orc hides are useless; otherwise I'd be the richest person in Middle Earth.
    Burnt Tor in Eregion. The top of the hill the wargs drop magnificents and the bottom of the hill the wargs and goats drop extraoridinaries. The respawn rate is really good and you can gather up a few and AoE like a boss.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

Hides and Farming them

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsblackandgold View Post
    Medium from the area around sawtooth with the howling and lurking yellowfangs.
    Comoon guys it is wide known for next locations to farm Hides easily

Sturdy Hides - North Downs: Kingsfell or Rhunenlad a Herd of Aurochs drops 1-3 sturdy hides
    Pristine Hides - Evendim: Bear den near Ost forod best choice
    Exeptional Hides - Eregion: Burnt Tor a PAck of Wargs
    Extraordinary Hides - Dunland: Turm Dreng - Starkmors Goats,Cows & Bulls ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bokimir View Post
    Comoon guys it is wide known for next locations to farm Hides easily

Sturdy Hides - North Downs: Kingsfell or Rhunenlad a Herd of Aurochs drops 1-3 sturdy hides
    Pristine Hides - Evendim: Bear den near Ost forod best choice
    Exeptional Hides - Eregion: Burnt Tor a PAck of Wargs
    Extraordinary Hides - Dunland: Turm Dreng - Starkmors Goats,Cows & Bulls ...
    If it was widely known, you wouldn't have need of threads such as this:

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo1 View Post
    So I've asked this question in the past, and there were lists on the forums at one points that gave good locations to farm the various tiers of hides, but I can't find that info anymore, so I thought I'd ask again, and see if we can't compile an up to date list.

Here's what I've been using:

T1: Bridgefields Wall & Puddifoot's Fields in the Shire
    T2: Wolf den near the Weatherway in the Weather Hills, bears at Withywindle (Old Forest?), Barghests and Barrow-Hounds in the Barrow-Downs drop 2 hides per kill
    T3: Ruins of Ost Durgonn, just north-east of the Last Bridge, the Hoar-Mantles in Kingsfell, North Downs and out by Esteldin drop 3 hides per kill
    T4: Bear Den east of Ost Forod, Hoar-Mantles in MM. Drop 3 hides per kill
    T5: Burnt Tor north-west of Echad Dunann, Hoar-Mantles in Forochel drop 3 hides per kill
    T6 - Magnificent: Library just north of Dolven View
    T6 - Extraordinary: Woods of Lothlorien
    T7: Trum Dreng, Wargs in SE Mirkwood, Starkmoor
    T8: Fang Point, Howling Wood, cows south-east of Eaworth
    Mostly Harmless since 1999!
    Silverlode: Ogord - lv85 Hobbit Guardian; Shaewyn - lv75 Hobbit Minstrel; Odorfi - lv61 Dwarf hunter; Ogordi - lv51 Human Warden

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GedofEarthsea View Post
    Drauglad is the place for pristine. Sarnur isn't bad for exceptional.
    Ermmm where is Drauglad and sarnur???

Question

Does anyone have hints where to best farm anorien hides?

Warg pens of Dol Guldur - all you need for higher tier hides.

Anorien hides drop there too.

Quote Originally Posted by epicarlind View Post
    Ermmm where is Drauglad and sarnur???

Drauglad is in the trollshaws -- it's got a bunch of wolves that spawn fairly quickly that you can get hides from. It is south of the main road, a bit west of the ford of bruinen.

Sarnur is a level 45-50 area. Oddly enough it is in Ered Luin! Go south from thorin's hall, and shortly before the road turns east, there is a path up into the hills to the west. As you head up, you go through a big goblin camp on three levels up the mountain. At the top, you can turn left to kill the goblin leaders for a level 10ish quest, or turn right and find level 45 dourhand dwarves (great place to get slaughtered and lose your "didn't die until level 20 deed"!); go through them and into the cave behind them. It is a great place for running up thorin's hall rep (which can get you a nice goat before you get into moria, which is quite helpful). It also contains a huge list of sarnur-specific slayer deeds and sarnur-boss-kill deeds, which can be helpful for running up your virtues.

Quote Originally Posted by NykNykNyk View Post
    Does anyone have hints where to best farm anorien hides?
    People have already mentioned Warg Pens. Another option is go to Pelargir, go out the west entrance into East Gondor, and just stay N of the road, plenty of animals and nodes of all types. There is a hill south of Tumladen that is also very good. Lots of goats so the drop rate of Anorien vs Eorlingas is high, 50% or better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3