We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Help for New Players

A ban is only placed on an account once a significant amount of research and verification regarding a violation has taken place. As such, the decision regarding a ban (temporary or permanent) is final. However, should a player feel they have information regarding a ban that may prompt an appeal, that information should be included in the incident which contained the details of the account ban.

This is not TRUE if your a returning vetran checking out the new features don't bother, the GM's now just ban your account without following procedures if you ignore one of their annoying friends. There is no email to call for an appeal cause there was no rightful cause and they would lose there GM ablities if the players could reach the Tech support to log a complaint but since no Email is sent your screwed and the GM and his annoyance friends walk away no foul.

Well good luck Turbine enjoy your blown game with your GM's playing favorites.
    I post this in a better forum but I will not pay for bogus GM's.

Question Re: Help for New Players

I was/am a Free To Play player. I bought a subscription, and now I'm a Free To Play (?) VIP player. Did I mess something up? I have no product key - am I still not a full player with access to everything?

I never saw a low-res/hi-res option when downloading the game (I downloaded directly from the main page here: http://www.lotro.com/). My system can definitely handle hi-res. How do I find out which I have installed?

Do I have all expansion packs now, or is that separate from subscribing?

I've read so many FAQs for new players, and they didn't answer these questions.
    Last edited by TwiceTheJava; Mar 16 2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwiceTheJava View Post
    I was/am a Free To Play player. I bought a subscription, and now I'm a Free To Play (?) VIP player. Did I mess something up? I have no product key - am I still not a full player with access to everything?
    If it says you have a VIP account on the character selection screen, you're VIP. You'll have access to all of the Eriador content, which is everything up to Moria.

I never saw a low-res/hi-res option when downloading the game (I downloaded directly from the main page here: http://www.lotro.com/). My system can definitely handle hi-res. How do I find out which I have installed?
    ... Hmm, I'm not sure on this one. Check to see if you can set the graphics settings to Very High, maybe?

Do I have all expansion packs now, or is that separate from subscribing?

I've read so many FAQs for new players, and they didn't answer these questions.
    Expansion packs (Mines of Moria, Siege of Mirkwood) are separate from VIP access. Even VIPs need to buy the expansions if they want to access the content in those areas, other than the Epic quest-lines.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

Thank you Mister Underhill; that cleared it all up. I have very high and ultra high graphics options; so I'm all set!

Thumbs up Re: Help for New Players

Nice Character how do you put your characters on here?

Quote Originally Posted by lotrowilliam View Post
    Nice Character how do you put your characters on here?
    At the top of the forum window, click on 'My Preferences' and select 'My Forums Settings'. On the left-hand side there will be an option to 'Edit Signature'. It should present you with a list of your characters; selecting one of them will generate the signature code and allow you to paste it in your signature block.

That's actually my alt character in my sig; my main is a 62 Guardian (and the Warden's older brother). I just put him in there so the Warden forumites won't automatically discount anything I say.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

So, I've decided to give LotRO a try, I've heard some really great things about the game and the community. I am starting out as f2p because while I intend to eventually purchase the expansions etc. I'm not currently able to afford it. I'm wondering just how much that might hamper me being able to get to level cap. Is it a possibility for me to simply run out of quests and not be capped meaning I would have to grind out the rest of the game? I'm not trying to get level cap super fast or anything. I just plan on playing the game and really enjoying being immersed in Middle Earth (I've done the competitive MMO thing in other games) and having fun with other fans etc. I'm just wondering if I don't manage to be able to purchase the content if it will end up screwing me over. Thanks! Can't wait to start playing.

EDIT: nvm, I scoured the community and found all the answers I needed.
    Last edited by songbard; Jun 05 2011 at 02:11 PM.

Angry Re: Help for New Players

hi i dont know if this a the good part of the forum 2 start in i made a eu acount 6 months ago and logged in and i see acount transfer so i did after that i payd for vip acount when i logged in the turbine site i see free acount no vip and if i want 2 post on forum says i have 2 have a lotro acount weird thing is i can play the game and the money is gone from my bank acount whats wrong here is that normal for turbine ? hope anyone can help

o and i lost my minse of moria expansion and all my toons wow great transfer there toons away money away expasnions away

I just signed up to try this out. When I try to create a character it won't let me click "next". Is there something wrong with my computer/program or am I just missing something? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by btharr04 View Post
    I just signed up to try this out. When I try to create a character it won't let me click "next". Is there something wrong with my computer/program or am I just missing something? Thanks.
    Did you enter a name? If it seems you've selected everything else (and there's not much else to select since it's all set to a default of some sort except the name box), that's the first thing that comes to mind for me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f000000132226/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by btharr04 View Post
    There is a bug for some people with DirectX 10 and 11 that happens on this screen - perhaps you have encountered it. Click Options, and set Video Options to use DirectX 9. Quit the game and relaunch it, and you should be able to create a character.
    Confused about the F2P/Premium/VIP account types? [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types]This post may help.[/URL]

Re : Help for New Players

[QUOTE=Cherubina;1076571]To help players find the answers they are looking for as quickly as possible, this post is divided into three sections. The section headings, and the types of questions they attempt to answer, are as follows:

• Account/Subscription FAQ: Includes information on forum accounts, account management, subscription types, upgrading and payment options.
    • Download/Installation FAQ: Includes information on downloading, installing and launching the game client.
    • Gameplay FAQ: Includes information on server selection, class selection and finding help in and out of game.

COMPRENDS RIEN
    NICHT VERSTANDEN

Hi, I just downloaded the game under a free play. But I have yet to see my character or be given the choices to make one. How do I create a character? Thank you

AngelicAkki - Are you running in directx 9? there are some issues with character creation where you cant see all of the required buttons in directx 10/11. After you get your character created you can switch to whatever directx version you like without issue.

--
    +Turbine, I'd like to see this thread locked as it's got data from 2007/2009 in the OP, and things are confusing enough for new players
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    +Turbine, I'd like to see this thread locked as it's got data from 2007/2009 in the OP, and things are confusing enough for new players
    I don't know about locking it without at least a reference to a current, up to date one. The other thread by Eluros that's similar is turning into a monster in length as well. Maybe time to consolidate them and clean them up a bit as a new thread?
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Quote Originally Posted by sirwillow View Post
    I don't know about locking it without at least a reference to a current, up to date one. The other thread by Eluros that's similar is turning into a monster in length as well. Maybe time to consolidate them and clean them up a bit as a new thread?
    Obviously, whatever works is good for me. I do keep the other thread maintained, though-- I take questions out of the OP and add new ones as times changed (it's been majorly renovated for RoI, for example).

Since this thread's OP isn't being updated any more (as is clear from the Codemasters references), it may be a good idea to close this one.

Just my 2 cents.
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

Many people i know are dissapointed to see Lotr offers players role only as warrior class and 1 archer.No free mage class or healer, so untill this thing is solved i guess we are gonna wait for Guild Wars 2 and skip this money engine grind thing called Lotro.Dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by AIexand3r
    Many people i know are dissapointed to see Lotr offers players role only as warrior class and 1 archer.No free mage class or healer, so untill this thing is solved i guess we are gonna wait for Guild Wars 2 and skip this money engine grind thing called Lotro.Dissapointing
    While you're welcome to wait for GW2, you should know this thread and your info is incredibly out of date. There is no longer a trial period, and all of the games classes -save Warden and Rune Keeper- can be played by everyone. You CAN play a mage(Lore-master), a healer (minstrel), or any of the other roles.
    [center] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000024db46/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by AIexand3r View Post
    Agreed with sarcasm_society; I have no idea what you're talking about. This information is completely wrong, there's nothing else to it. I have no idea whatsoever what you're basing this off, but before you diss the game, you may want to do some research, first.
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by AIexand3r View Post
    As noted above my post, there is a free healer class called the minstrel. And there is a mage/pet class available to f2p players- the loremaster. Not sure where you got the information you did, but it was certainly wrong- and in this case never was correct.

There is also another hybrid class available that is a mix of healer and mage, depending on playstyle- the runekeeper. It's not a free class, but can be unlocked either through turbine points (very easy to earn enough to open it without paying anything) or through buying the Mines of Moria expansion which will give you the rk, the warden, 30 days of VIP time, and some other perks if you buy the boxed edition on Amazon.

And contrary to what some on the forums may give you the impression of, lotro is not grindy, and especially not at the lower levels. You'll really only run into grind at the level cap, and that's only if you want to.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

I didn't know where else to put this, so here. I have no idea what's going on, but LotRO won't let me acess my account; I can log in, then I go to the loading screen, but it tells me that "Client timed out of session". So if anyone can help, that'll be great!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxerDoolosh View Post
    I didn't know where else to put this, so here. I have no idea what's going on, but LotRO won't let me acess my account; I can log in, then I go to the loading screen, but it tells me that "Client timed out of session". So if anyone can help, that'll be great!
    Hopefully one of these will help:
    http://support.turbine.com/link/port...hnical-Support
    http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?16

Let us know if you can't find an answer there.

Help please.

I went to lotro.com and i choose language setting en_gb but it created a turbine game account not a codemasters one.

am i playing in Europe or America?

Quote Originally Posted by sanli View Post
    Help please.

I went to lotro.com and i choose language setting en_gb but it created a turbine game account not a codemasters one.

am i playing in Europe or America?
    Codemasters shut down their LOTRO operation last year, Turbine now runs all of the servers. The former Codemasters servers are now run out of the US.
    Confused about the F2P/Premium/VIP account types? [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types]This post may help.[/URL]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast