We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1712

Re: Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...

some places like the trees frodo and sam hid in or slept in are not in the game
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001f6371/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeham49 View Post
    some places like the trees frodo and sam hid in or slept in are not in the game
    I forget which dev said it but the Shire is so full of book landmarks that they couldn't get them all in, so locations like the hollow tree near the Woody End are missing.
    The Usual Suspects, if you know us, you know why.

One of the loading screens in Bree features something I've never seen in game. Could this perhaps be a lost instance that never made it in game?

I also found something rather interesting in the abandoned graveyard in Bree.

If you look closely, there appears to be something lodged in the corpse. Also the bones seem to be the remains of a dismembered body. There is no sign of a head though. I searched the area for clues and found two barrels next to the steps leading to the house that were splattered with blood.

Any idea what this could mean?

Quote Originally Posted by lf2536 View Post
    I forget which dev said it but the Shire is so full of book landmarks that they couldn't get them all in, so locations like the hollow tree near the Woody End are missing.
    it was berephon, and i was refering to that,
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001f6371/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

1 Highspires Street, Kapheim, Thorin's Hall

At the end of Thievery and Mischief, some folk were killed, killed dead! If you'll believe me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000637c1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Herugon LossDagnir, Dwarf hunter,[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Herubaruk Auledagoram, Dwarf guardian,[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Herucebir Akhilledes, [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?329590-An-Irreverent-LOTRO-Player-Psychological-Profile"]"irresistibly magnetic proprietor of unmatched excellence"[/URL][/COLOR]
    Arkenstone, a [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prized-Pie/53472421428"][COLOR="Yellow"][Prized Pie][/COLOR][/URL] among cakes.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Erathane View Post
    I also found something rather interesting in the abandoned graveyard in Bree.

If you look closely, there appears to be something lodged in the corpse. Also the bones seem to be the remains of a dismembered body. There is no sign of a head though. I searched the area for clues and found two barrels next to the steps leading to the house that were splattered with blood.

Any idea what this could mean?
    The body with the shovel in it is for a quest, I forget what it's called but you get it from Lofur Ironbrand at that house a little north of Bree on the east side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScyphozoa View Post
    The body with the shovel in it is for a quest, I forget what it's called but you get it from Lofur Ironbrand at that house a little north of Bree on the east side of the road.
    I know exactly what your talking about, but that body is way closer to the boar pit. This one was at the very back of the graveyard.

8. Re: Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...

One of the loading screens in Bree features something I've never seen in game. Could this perhaps be a lost instance that never made it in game?
    I think that's an early version of Moria with Aragorn using a default Ranger skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arasilion View Post
    I think that's an early version of Moria with Aragorn using a default Ranger skin.
    not likely, mostly becuase this screen was available long before MoM came out and partially becuase this load screen that always appeard when going into the quarry instance at Scary for the Hobbit Prologue of the game.
    The Usual Suspects, if you know us, you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon_king View Post
    There's a bonfire on the west side of the Ford of Bruinen. That's the bonfire Glorfindel started in order to scare the Nazgul.
    Wow, I remember when I figured that one out - a long time ago too. At first I thought it was somehow related to a quest coming up, but a bit later was reading LotR picturing the game world (!) in my head and bang - it hit me that's what it was.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000dcdf2/01003/signature.png]Solafide[/charsig]
    SolaFide 65 Man Guardian, Solathalion 65 Elf Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by lf2536 View Post
    not likely, mostly becuase this screen was available long before MoM came out and partially becuase this load screen that always appeard when going into the quarry instance at Scary for the Hobbit Prologue of the game.
    Yeah, that screen has been around a long time.
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

I heavily doubt that it's an early version of Moria.

Um, that picture is certainly meant to be Moria. It was likely just some art they threw together to give us a cool picture to look at, but they probably weren't actually building Moria at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScyphozoa View Post
    Um, that picture is certainly meant to be Moria. It was likely just some art they threw together to give us a cool picture to look at, but they probably weren't actually building Moria at the time.
    I doubt that because why would a ranger be in moria?

There is Gandalf and a Hobbit in an underground-city-like-thing-y. What else could it be but Moria?

16. Re: Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Covellos View Post
    I doubt that because why would a ranger be in moria?
    Erm....a Ranger was in Moria. Some call him Aragorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arasilion View Post
    Erm....a Ranger was in Moria. Some call him Aragorn.
    yes aragorn or to the people of bree called the ranger strider (right name?)

I don't have my copy of The Return of the King with me, so I can't check, but isn't the Hobbit Sheriff who is in the Ivy Bush (the one you deal with for the spiders and "walking tree" quest) the same one that the Hobbit adventurers deal with briefly when they return? Robin Smallburrow? Sam calls him aside because he's from Hobbiton and "ought to know better than to come waylaying Mr. Frodo." I think there's a quote along the lines of: "You always liked the inside of an inn better than the outside and were always popping in, on duty or off."
    Sorry, I'm out of clever sayings for sigs. :(

Quote Originally Posted by she-elf View Post
    I don't have my copy of The Return of the King with me, so I can't check, but isn't the Hobbit Sheriff who is in the Ivy Bush (the one you deal with for the spiders and "walking tree" quest) the same one that the Hobbit adventurers deal with briefly when they return? Robin Smallburrow? Sam calls him aside because he's from Hobbiton and "ought to know better than to come waylaying Mr. Frodo." I think there's a quote along the lines of: "You always liked the inside of an inn better than the outside and were always popping in, on duty or off."
    Yes, he's the one who doesn't really want to be waylaying Frodo and Co. and Sam calls out.

Okay, nobody seems to have gotten the reference I pointed out earlier.

'...but most were bad men, full o' thievery and mischief. And there was some trouble right here in Bree, bad trouble. Why, we had a real set-to, and there were some folk killed, killed dead! If you'll believe me.'
    'I will indeed,' said Gandalf. 'How many?'
    'Three and two,' said Butterbur, referring to the big folk and the little. 'There was poor Mat Heathertoes, and Rowlie Appledore, and little Tom Pickthorn from over the Hill; and Willie Banks from up-away, and one of the Underhills from Staddle: all good fellows, and they're missed. And Harry Goatleaf that used to be on the West-gate, and that Bill Ferny, they came in on the strangers' side, and they've gone off with them; and it's my belief they let them in. On the night of the fight, I mean. And that was after we showed them the gates and pushed them out: before the year's end, that was; and the fight was early in the New Year, after the heavy snow we had.'
    Basically both Thievery and Mischief and the second half of the Skirmish tutorial (the special version of defending the Prancing Pony) are based entirely off of this quote.

Three folk are killed by the boss. Two men and a hobbit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000637c1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Herugon LossDagnir, Dwarf hunter,[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Herubaruk Auledagoram, Dwarf guardian,[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Herucebir Akhilledes, [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?329590-An-Irreverent-LOTRO-Player-Psychological-Profile"]"irresistibly magnetic proprietor of unmatched excellence"[/URL][/COLOR]
    Arkenstone, a [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prized-Pie/53472421428"][COLOR="Yellow"][Prized Pie][/COLOR][/URL] among cakes.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneRinger View Post
    Basically both Thievery and Mischief and the second half of the Skirmish tutorial (the special version of defending the Prancing Pony) are based entirely off of this quote.

Why doesn't Turbine care about the lore?!?!

+1
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR][B]Arda Shrugged[/B] [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][Arkenstone][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Why doesn't Turbine care about the lore?!?!

+1
    When you think about it, this is their biggest new feature in SoM, and the tutorial, the way they introduce each player to it, is chock full of subtle and very correct lore references. I think that's... awesome.

When you think about it, this is their biggest new feature in SoM, and the tutorial, the way they introduce each player to it, is chock full of subtle and very correct lore references. I think that's... awesome.
    Oh indeed. Tuckborough is too.

Even the title of Thievery and Mischief is taken directly from that passage. It's truly baffling to me when people saying that they "threw the lore out the window long ago". Yes, some things have to be changed for gameplay reasons, but to say they're simply making a game at this point and have no care for the source material? That's just absurd.
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR][B]Arda Shrugged[/B] [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][Arkenstone][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Oh indeed. Tuckborough is too.

Even the title of Thievery and Mischief is taken directly from that passage. It's truly baffling to me when people saying that they "threw the lore out the window long ago". Yes, some things have to be changed for gameplay reasons, but to say they're simply making a game at this point and have no care for the source material? That's just absurd.
    Yes, I love the title, and they did it at the expense of people thinking it rather dumb (because the others make a more obvious reference to the content of the skirmish). It serves to remind me that the devs are clearly even nerdier than I am when it comes to Tolkien, and this thread is really one long testimony of that.

Okay, nobody seems to have gotten the reference I pointed out earlier.

Good catch! (It should also be pointed out that Skirmishes can take place out of the immediate timeline, so there is room for showing things we otherwise won't be able to, such as Thievery and Mischief, which is a little bit in the future of our current time. )

Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast