We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Raiding and Gear lvl 85

Hello Arkenstone! It doesn't seem that our forum is very active, even after the updates... But I hope to get some advice in here anyway. My husband and I have been playing LOTRO for about half a year, especially working on our duo Guardian and Lore-master. We seem to have no problem with Skirmishes, but we don't have any experience with raids. We just got our II age class items and weapons, haven't upgraded them to the max yet, since its not easy to get the drops like Starlit Crystals. The same with the better lvl 85 gear. The only ones that seem to get our attention is in the Skirmish camp Greater Erebor Armour, but there we need seals and other components. We don't think that Hytbolt have such great sets. We would like to try a raid one day, but an organized one. We tried an instance in Moria with some dudes, just to try what it feels like to play in a group, but got disappointed (somebody can just leave the group in the middle of the instance, if they think that the group sucks). So we stopped there. We just don't like unorganized and immature people (acting like kids, jumping around all day, doing forced emotes and stuff). We feel that the game is awarding the best gear only to the bigger group players. We haven't tried Moors yet. So there is a dilemma - should we seek for a kin that would teach us to raid, or to go to Moors for us to get better gear. Thanks for your time.

I would suggest finding a kin that does raiding and who is willing to help people learn the content. My suggestion would be Transcendence. They are comprised mostly of people in their 30s and 40s, raid almost nightly, and also have a regular moors night.

you can find out more information here:

http://thebgamers.com/

You can also contact Maragold, Williwaw, Dapperdann, Keewee, Rhubarb, Varletiana, Carduil, or Iowethrian in game to talk.

If you're happy where you are with a kin, I wouldn't recommend just up and leaving simply to raid. I think KAOS can provide an opportunity for you to learn and experience a raid, without necessarily needing to leave your current kinship (we do like to have at least one of your toons in the kin, but such is a detail that can be discussed later).

KAOS has been a successful raiding group on Ark, best known for our ability to bring more casual players into a raid setting and allow them to experience some of the more difficult end game content without needing to be part of a hard core raiding kin. We have very knowledgeable members, and people who are willing to lend a hand with getting into the swing of things. With u10 out now, we've begun running content a bit more often and are always looking for more people to add to our "kaotic" family.

If you guys are interested, or have questions, want to talk more details, etc. feel free to shoot me a tell in game (or even an in game mail). Just look for Aktaie

The wu tang clan is recruiting

If you want to learn about raiding without pressure and experience 3-man, 6-man content as well, check out The Meaning of Haste. We like our raiding and have a strong presence in the Moors, some of our guys would probably take you under their wings and show you the ropes.

Most of us are older and suffering from dementia. Renamed (Koon) wears Depends while raiding. Our Leader, Maiemarwyn, raids in a bathrobe with curlers in her hair while eating a chili dog. Me, well I like to afk during a raid to go smoke or watch reruns of Full House with the kids and occasionally like to /pick a wedgie for good luck before the raids starts.

We have great Tanks and LM's to teach you your role in raids and how to build your toon for max potential.

http://tmoh.guildlaunch.com

Check us out and if interested fill out an app and one of the officers, Maiemarwyn (Bianka), Drover, Rigel, Tim, Mass, or Low will get hold of you.

Q
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

Smile

While waiting for more people to answer my thread, we risked to go to the Moors just for fun. It seems complicated, needs a good boost of morale and other stuff that a light armor guy wouldn't be sliced to pieces with a couple of hits... And to stay in a BIG group, the more the merrier right? But you already know that, so I am not going to tell you the whole story what happened. In short - I died millions of times! And I rarely die in the game! But it was fun, I like the complexity and more realistic way of fighting, it's challenging.

Thank you for your posting, we will think about your offers. It's nice to know that there are people willing to help us. It's obvious that we need guidance in all this content. It's going to be hard to choose though. We like our kinship, it's like a private zone, but we wouldn't mind giving an alt or two, if that's the case. So hopefully we will meet with some of you in the game soon!

As someone whose creep dies a LOT I feel qualified to say a guardian/loremaster duo is pretty effective in the Moors. What you're missing is audacity. If you want to concentrate on pve raiding with your mains, you could still roll creeps and earn the comms to buy your mains some audacity in your downtime. Plus creepside is the funside. Just a suggestion.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Monika1984 View Post
    Hello Arkenstone! It doesn't seem that our forum is very active, even after the updates... But I hope to get some advice in here anyway. My husband and I have been playing LOTRO for about half a year, especially working on our duo Guardian and Lore-master. We seem to have no problem with Skirmishes, but we don't have any experience with raids. We just got our II age class items and weapons, haven't upgraded them to the max yet, since its not easy to get the drops like Starlit Crystals. The same with the better lvl 85 gear. The only ones that seem to get our attention is in the Skirmish camp Greater Erebor Armour, but there we need seals and other components. We don't think that Hytbolt have such great sets. We would like to try a raid one day, but an organized one. We tried an instance in Moria with some dudes, just to try what it feels like to play in a group, but got disappointed (somebody can just leave the group in the middle of the instance, if they think that the group sucks). So we stopped there. We just don't like unorganized and immature people (acting like kids, jumping around all day, doing forced emotes and stuff). We feel that the game is awarding the best gear only to the bigger group players. We haven't tried Moors yet. So there is a dilemma - should we seek for a kin that would teach us to raid, or to go to Moors for us to get better gear. Thanks for your time.
    There are a lot of options available to the two of you. My suggestion is that you join as many different groups that are being put together in glff and other channels to gain a sense of how the people or kins run content and more importantly take a look at how individuals/kins/loose coalitions act in these channels.

I've had kind of a similar experience with groups. For the most part I had mixed success doing pug groups and only had been able to get in on a couple raids until I got in on my current kin. I'm more of a casual player, so it took me a bit before I really go into it. My current kin was nice enough to allow me join their raids while I was still with my old kin. The experience was so good, that I eventually moved most of my toons over there (I later moved my champ into a different kin because I had some good friends migrate there from my old kin) It's definitely easier raiding when you have a the support of a good kin.

I haven't spent a lot of time in the moors, but spent most of it running back from the res circle, so I don't think I can really comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    As someone whose creep dies a LOT I feel qualified to say a guardian/loremaster duo is pretty effective in the Moors. What you're missing is audacity. If you want to concentrate on pve raiding with your mains, you could still roll creeps and earn the comms to buy your mains some audacity in your downtime. Plus creepside is the funside. Just a suggestion.
    I tried that too I made a weaver but again, I don't have the exp how it all works in the Moors, because once in a while there would be some codes said in the chat window, but because you don't know what they mean you just stroll your way and do your daily quests. And all of a sudden there are freeeeeps coming to you and killing in ONE sweep!!!
    After trying the Moors with our mains, I felt how week I am in there. I would like to know what we should concentrate to get for the comms first. There are plenty of things to choose from, but should we save the comms for the later or are there things we just have to get right away? I would appreciate if anybody could give me an advice here.

Quote Originally Posted by voalkrynn2 View Post
    There are a lot of options available to the two of you. My suggestion is that you join as many different groups that are being put together in glff and other channels to gain a sense of how the people or kins run content and more importantly take a look at how individuals/kins/loose coalitions act in these channels.
    Recently we were trying the 3-men LVL 85 instances with our duo. It seems to me, that we don't have much trouble dealing with those. We could not finish some challenges, but no problems with bosses. I was watching more than few videos how different groups do the 6-men and 12-men instances. Especially the new content seems pretty tough. And it's not easy to get updated or reliable info about some of the instances (if someone has a good source for advice I would appreciate it). We would like to try all of them, but we wouldn't want to fail the group because we don't know what to do in certain places. I will check the glff channel, thanks for your suggestion.

Some of the three mans are extremely easy. Generally those that do not have a tier 2 option are push overs. The 6 and 12 man content requires some discussion to coach through. If you would like I can run a few of them for you. You can look up my kin at the link I posted above in the thread or contact me directly in-game:

Maragold, Williwaw, Dapperdann