We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

Ummm...when do we get the eagle?

I'm level 49 (probably 50 before the end of the week) and have finihsed one of the 45 class quests and have all of the books done as well. Still no eagle

Updated, including some higher-level gear.

Jorel, I don't know any details about the eagle. You can try searching this forum for an answer. This thread is for listing equipment.

North Downs
    Book 3, Chapter 5: Tending the Glade(29) - Thenidmaib (gloves) - 51 Armour, +9 Will, +9 Fate, +0.4 Morale Regeneration in Combat

Jorel, I believe that you have to finish *both* level 45 class quests to get the eagle.
    Last edited by Cieran; Jul 16 2007 at 08:57 PM.

How about those end game lv50 very best gears? any input?

Thumbs up Re: Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

In the Lonelands one of the quest rewards is Relentless - a staff that looks like a Trident but without the middle fork... If you're a staff collector like me it looks cool running around in all red with a pitchfork on your back, its huge. The staff I think adds +5 to will, 33-46 common 15.8 damage, not a great stat but helpfull. The quest also takes you into Garth Argawen(nice place). Tons of good stuff to acquire and sell you may even get the trait "enmity of the Dead". It may be tough getting a group, but you will learn a lot about your capabilities as an LM. Don't attempt this until you are about lvl 35- or better lvl36 with herblore in your arsenal it will help. Can be done with 4-6 people at 35+, mins not necessary but helpful.
    ---
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/index.php/...ngs_of_Rhudaur
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Weapon:Relentless_Staff

Cool! How 'bout a pic?

Gear from lvl 1 - lvl 47 is rather pointless.
    Once you hit lvl 47, you can begin to collect/equip teal gear from tier five single-use crits, such as pieces of Superb Radiant armors. If you are not a tailor, then I'd recommend saving up exceptional hides and becoming buddy-buddy with a GM tailor. Also, look up the crit items for each set of armor you want, and get a couple friends to go help you gather 4 or 5 of each.

Same goes for jewelry. Etched Beryl ring and necklace ftw. Hook up your buddy the jeweler with MM silver and farm Gnashmaw in Angmar for several tongues. Keep an eye out on AH for a few ring recipes. Snatch them up when you can.

LM end-game swords: There are two I use: Both are tier 5 crafted swords. One has more moral and the other grants +1 regen while in combat. I use the moral boost when solo/pvp. I use the precise ancient steel sword for regen when in fellows/raids for the added power regens for long fights.
    Free-cutter is nice. It has _14 fate, +90 moral and does ancient dwarf damage. It also as a reduce proc to armor. This sword works good with the right traits slotted for decent dps.
    Swiftstroke:
    Swiftstroke
    Binds On Acquire
    Type: One-Handed Sword
    Main Hand
    Off Hand
    49 - 59 Beleriand-Make
    Weapon Speed: 1.9
    28.42 Damage Per Second
    Usage Requirements:
    Required class : Burglar
    Weaken: Opponent's power is transferred to you for some time
    +15 Agility
    +15 Fate
    Durability: 100 / 100
    Sturdiness: Normal
    Hit-chance slightly increased
    +1.0% Parry Chance
    +1.0% Melee Critical Chance
    Quest reward from raid: Storvagun the Traitor
    (Note, you will have to decide on this reward vs staff of the master)

LM end-game staffs:
    Griever: Early on, one of the best staffs to get. Usually on AH for a fair price. The added +% crit is one of the best.
    Staff of Knowlede: LvL 45 class reward. You can get most of the uest items on AH if you have trouble farming them. The staff is one that I keep handy, the bonuses help a lot in fellows/raids, and the +% to crit is decent.
    Forvengwaith (sp?) staff drop in BG: I havebeen farming BG for weeks, haven't seen it drop for me yet. My other LM friends who have it, say it's the best IG.
    Exquisite Black Ash staff: Tier crafted. If you can't get your hands on any of the above mentioned staffs, have a woodworker craft you one of these and use it until you can replace it with one from the list above.

As for Beastmaster gear:
    I haven't seen enough pieces of this set drop to even form an opinion of it yet, suffice to say that it has +agi on the pieces which have dropped so far. Chances are, you'll be rolling against hunters for the pieces. If I were to get my hands on a piece, I'd rather sell on AH and buy an exquisite piece of radiant gear than hold out for the full set.

I'm hoping more end-game gear will be forthcoming with more content updates/patches.

Lastly, the end-game robes from Helegrod:
    Robes of the Ithilnath
    Binds On Acquire
    Type: Light Armour
    Chest
    Min Level: 50
    Armour Value: 205
    +90 Power
    +30 to Vitality
    +15 Fate
    Durability: 35 / 35
    Worth: 12s,
    Dropped By Zaudru
    Last edited by lordsterling; Jul 22 2007 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks Lordsterling! That's great info. I'll do some updates when I'm back from traveling.

I do think there's value in getting good equipment in the lower levels. I guess it depends on your playstyle. I level slowly, and usually focus on only one character. I find questing more satisfying when I know I'll be rewarded with an equipment upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsterling View Post
    Swiftstroke:
    Swiftstroke
    Binds On Acquire
    Type: One-Handed Sword
    Main Hand
    Off Hand
    49 - 59 Beleriand-Make
    Weapon Speed: 1.9
    28.42 Damage Per Second
    Usage Requirements:
    Required class : Burglar
    Weaken: Opponent's power is transferred to you for some time
    +15 Agility
    +15 Fate
    Durability: 100 / 100
    Hit-chance slightly increased
    +1.0% Parry Chance
    +1.0% Melee Critical Chance
    Quest reward from raid: Storvagun the Traitor
    (Note, you will have to decide on this reward vs staff of the master)
    so LM can't use it.. right?

DOH!

Sorry about the slip-up... was tired and I'm sick as a dog... It's my own fault for going fly fishing and standing waist deep in a river, in the pouring rain... just to catch and release a few trout.

Nice staff at 40

Around 40 you can get the Bloodstone Staff in Angmar:

53-73 Fire Damage (25.2/s)
    +14 Might
    +14 Agility
    +26 Vitality
    Weaken (leaches power)

It's a reward for completing The Bloodstone Trove quest in Angmar.

Come on guys, let's get more gear submitted to this list and fill in the gaps!

Re: Loremaster Quests and Rewards lvl 20-30

Another good pair of boots available for mid-30s from a Garth Agarwen quest, Ivar the Bloodhand, given by Saeradan.

Ivar's Defeat
    50 Armor, +20 Agi, +10 Wil

One of the best boots I've seen so far for mid-30s, beats the one you get from Trollshaws hands down.

I'm away from the game so I won't be updating this guide anymore. If someone would like to use it as the source for a new thread, feel free.

I'll be back eventually, but not in the near future. Namárië, Lore-Masters! Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva!

One quick question. Does anyone have a breakdown of the post-book-10 Fine Radiant and Exquisite Radiant sets? I have a decent ammount of Fine Radiant gear (three peices) that were not only easier to come by but, for a LRM, superior to their Exquisite Radiant counterparts. With some of the crafted-item buffs and the new availability of some of the single-use items you didn't even want to BOTHER with before The Reign of the Beryl Shards, I'd like to sit down and see what might warrent an upgrade. Unfortunately there is an amazing derth of information out there for crafted light armor. I'm to the point on my character where I'm going to have to decide if I go for Fine, Exquisite, or Beast-Master peices so info for the whole sets would be GREAT. Any tailors out there with some screen-shotted tool-tips?

Also, anyone got stats on The Elder Staff? Curse you Mordirith and your being all the way in the back of CD.

Also also, can anyone confirm that "Tactical Critical Modifier" is the same idea as tactical critical MAGNITUDE, i.e. damage and healing output when you DO crit, and NOT the same as "Tactical Critical Chance"? I.e. when you equiped something with a tactical critical modifier on it your tactical crit stat didn't change?

Ok, that's three quick questions. Whoops.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gandalf's Thanks. It's a staff with excellent in-combat/out-of-combat power regens, and ridiculously easy to get. I used it for a LONG time, from my mid-30s until the low 40s...

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Weapon:Gandalf's_Thanks

21.4 DPS (common)
    +7.5 non-combat power regen
    +2.4 in-combat power regen

Only drawback is it doesn't boost any base stats, but those power regen figures are VERY effective.

I'll try to add some stuff when possible. Book10 added a TON of jewelries that makes me drool! My lvl 31 minstrel is currently sporting some
    lvl 28 Bracelets that has .7 IC Regen, couple of earring with like 19Fate EACH. Makes me wanna start a new LM lol.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

I didnt see anyone mention the Vestments of the Grove set from the Trollshaw Quests.

Great stuff for the level it can be gotten, about late 30s, early 40s if solo.
    Last edited by CountValamyr; Nov 11 2007 at 04:01 AM.

the new light armor set in the shaws (tal bruinen) is amazing. for robe, ring and gloves you get +40 fate and +61 will + a good deal of vit might agility and power. Its a great set for your mid 40s and ive found its good when your saving up for teals in your late 40s

1 Twinfall Path, Milbarth, Falathlorn, The Ark

Aye, the full set from Tal Bruinen quests ("Grove-Tender" I believe it is... could be glade... lol) with set-bonuses is probably the best thing you're going to wear in your 40's until you get your end-game gear at lvl 47.

Smile Re: Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

ty for the advice will help me a little so again ty for the advice.

things to think about when picking EQ for a LM:

stats:

It really depends on who you talk to, but I consider fate to be the most important stat for a LM, because it increases you incombat regeneration rates and your tactical critical chance. As your skills have pretty high damage thresholds and relatively long cooldowns, you don't get a whole lot of shots... so you want your attacks to do as much damage as possible. However, a high vitality increase you moral and resistance to non-common damage types, so it makes you more durable in a fight with creatures like Wurms, wights, ect.

I suggest putting empasis into power regen, fate, vitality, and then +parry and +evade.

This is because I like to do fellowships, and the LM has the ability to truely turn the tide of a more epic battle with power sharing, power drawing, bursts of DPS, and lets not forget CC... you can even heal your allies wounds and diseases, that wear away at their moral and power.

+parry and +evade allows you a few added seconds for your tanker to notice and get the argo off of you... after all, you can only wear light armor... even the best light armor in the world isn't going to be able to compare to medium in defensive value... so make up for it with forcing your opponent to miss more often.

I've found that couple good armbands with +.7 power regen at 28 basically make you a living power plant until 38 or so when your consumption finally catches up. A very good investment, gandalf's thanks is great for instances when you won't be doing a lot of damage and will be wanting the longer power durablity to gift to your fellows.

As I am only nearing the coveted 50 to examine the level gear... I am going to hold off on commenting, but it looks quite handy if supported by proper gear to increase power regeneration.

Well - GL - that's just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth!

If you're looking through this thread for ideas, be careful to cross check the values stated, as over time, some items have been changed in updates. For example, Postolf: http://lorebook.lotro.com/index.php/Weapon:Postolf

In this thread it's stated as having +4% tac crit - now it's +2%. Still a nice staff, but not as good as it used to be.

I forget the names at the moment but there is an excellent light armour set and jewelry set that I was able to obtain from the Aughaire quests (Book 12 Angmar redesign) last night that I'm guessing will last me through the better part of the 40's. Even though most of the quests were yellow and orange (I'm level 41), I was able to solo all of them.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000275ef2/signature.png]Beansabovethefrank[/charsig][/center]
    [center]| [b]Beansabovethefrank[/b] - Minstrel | [b]Juanconnery[/b] - Loremaster | [b]Holyguacamole[/b] - Guardian |[/center]

Smile Re: Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

Great Thread the post that tells about the staff for the "Leader of the Black Tide" quest realy helps me know what i need to do next thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast