We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

With so many quests and zones from which to choose, how can the discerning Loremaster decide where to adventure? This thread will help you choose how best to spend your time in Middle-Earth.

Below is a listing of gear for Loremasters, organized by level, zone, and quest name, with additional categories for crafted and looted items. Not sure which quests are worth taking? Frustrated by dropping 200 silver on the Auction Hall, only to get a better cloak as a quest reward the next day? Look no further than this thread to plan how to spend your gold and where to quest.

I define "loremaster gear" as items which provide bonuses to Vitality, Fate, and Will. It's pretty slow going researching this all by myself, so please post below with gear you know of and I'll put it on the list.

Loremaster Gear for Levels 21-30

Lone Lands

North Downs

Looted

Crafted

• Brilliant Silver Ring (18) - +11 Vit, +6 Fate (critical result of Glittering Silver Ring)
    • Stout Yew Staff (21) - 13.5 DPS, +12 Vit (woodworker, critted Yew Staff)
    • Twistwood Staff (27) - +16 Will, +16 Vit (crafted by woodworker)
    • Bright Gold Ring (28) - +17 Vitality, +2.5 Morale Regen in Non-Combat

Unknown

• Staff of Laburnum
    • Cuirass of the Northlands (chest) - 100 Armor, +16 Vit
    • Robe of the Crossroads (28) - 104 Armor, +17 Will, +9 Vit
    Last edited by Inkling; Dec 30 2009 at 10:34 PM.

Re: Loremaster Quests and Rewards lvl 20-30

Gear for Levels 31-40

Lone Lands
    North Downs
    Trollshaws
    Fornost
    Evendim
    Crafted
    Unknown
    Wilg-herthar (37, shoulders)
    41 Armor, +11 Will, +11 Fate, +11 Agi
    Note: Stats listed here taken in-game, lorebook appears to be wrong as of 3.10.08.
    Last edited by Inkling; Mar 12 2008 at 02:41 AM.

Gear for Levels 41-50

Angmar

Carn Dum

• Elder Staff (staff, 50) - 31.4 DPS Westernesse, +15 Will, +180 Maximum Morale, +10% Bonus to Tactical Critical Damage, +5% Tactical Critical Chance
      Weaken: Opponent's power is transferred to you some of the time. Attacker gains 34 Power, Target is drained of 34 Power

Misty Mountains

Crafted

• Hoary Aurochs Robe (chest, 42) - 205 Armour, +30 Will, +15 Fate, +15 Agi, +3% Bonus to Tactical Critical Damage, +30 Vitality
      • Requires Kindred standing with Lossoth of Forochel.

• Fine Radiant Robe (chest, 47) - 205 Armour, +90 Maximum Power, +15 Fate, +15 Agi, +30 Vit
      • Crit of Radiant Robe

• Exquisite Radiant Robe (chest, 47) - 205 Armour, +30 Will, +45 Maximum Power, +3% Wound Resistance, +15 Fate
      • Crit of Superb Radiant Robe

• Spirit of Ajokoira Armour (set, 42)
    • Lvl 50 - Exquisite Radiant set
      • Crit of Superb Radiant gear, or T5 Tailor's Guild recipe

Misc
    • Griever (staff, 47?) - 28 dps, +170 Maximum Morale, +10% Tactical Critical Chance

Gear for Levels 51-60

Crafted

Last edited by Inkling; Dec 30 2009 at 10:25 PM.

doesn't matter just get whatever comes along then get the book 6 chapter 5 quest staff does 29.7 dps and +180 morale/power

Good luck doing Noisome Neighbors at 23. I wouldn't even attempt it solo at that level.

The area where they spawn has a bunch of higher level undead, and Bog Walkers. Both types are immune to our mezz. The Bog Walkers are also normally stealthed.

I wouldn't worry too much about gear at that level, but that's just my opinion.
    [COLOR=Green][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000001000b/01006/signature.png]Shianriel[/charsig]
    [COLOR=Teal]Kinship [URL="http://lotro-exodus.guildlaunch.com"]Exodus[/URL] - Arkenstone Server[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktyl View Post
    Good luck doing Noisome Neighbors at 23. I wouldn't even attempt it solo at that level.

The area where they spawn has a bunch of higher level undead, and Bog Walkers. Both types are immune to our mezz. The Bog Walkers are also normally stealthed.

I wouldn't worry too much about gear at that level, but that's just my opinion.
    i did that quest just recently L25-, so it may be doable at L23. i may have done it at 23, but not sure. bog walkers were quite a pain, as i recall. but, ya, i just go thru the quests, and upgrade with whatever gear comes along - usually any piece gets replaced in a level or two anyway...
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Korphant (main), LM, Meneldor

They may have changed the area with the Evendim patch. I know Ost Guruth got an update. There were complaints that the Norburg didn't drop their legs enough. I remember being frustrated trying to do that one, so it may have been a combination of the aggro and lack of drops that led me to think it was mislabelled level wise.
    [COLOR=Green][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000001000b/01006/signature.png]Shianriel[/charsig]
    [COLOR=Teal]Kinship [URL="http://lotro-exodus.guildlaunch.com"]Exodus[/URL] - Arkenstone Server[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktyl View Post
    They may have changed the area with the Evendim patch. I know Ost Guruth got an update. There were complaints that the Norburg didn't drop their legs enough. I remember being frustrated trying to do that one, so it may have been a combination of the aggro and lack of drops that led me to think it was mislabelled level wise.
    i only noticed a change in drop rate after the patch. i just adjusted to getting used to not every mob dropping what i needed, so i would have to kill more than the number in the quest goal. also, playstyle is a big factor in what quests can be done at which level. some players just roxx. that is why i cruise the boards - looking for their wisdom. ...
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Korphant (main), LM, Meneldor

Thanks Inkling. This thread has been very helpful in what quests I should be looking for in the future.

Glad you find it helpful!

Made a few updates.

Reformatted and reconceptualized so that all levels of LM gear can be listed here.

C'mon, this thread needs some love if it's going to help people! A Loremaster in this thread complains that he hasn't changed clothes in 13 levels, because he can't find any.

I hereby dub this thread "sticky worthy".

And yes, both the spawn rate of the norbyg as well as the legs' drop rate is now sane. Thank "Bob".

You may also want to edit your original post and change the Subject to something more comprehensive like "Lore-master Gear Catalog" or somesuch.

And add crafted gear to the brackets as well. Some of it is pretty nice.

Thanks for the input, Sevok. There is a crafted category. And if you look at the top of the first post, you can see that the thread title has been changed to "Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone," but it doesn't affect the title in the thread listings. I hope that whichever mod stickies this will also change the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    Thanks for the input, Sevok. There is a crafted category. And if you look at the top of the first post, you can see that the thread title has been changed to "Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone," but it doesn't affect the title in the thread listings. I hope that whichever mod stickies this will also change the thread title.
    Ah, damn. Hopefully a mod can change that for when they sticky it. (And they will sticky it...they better!)

Didn't notice the crafted section; sorry. It's early!

Re: Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

At work now so I'm not sure of the details, but the Ironwood staff was great, and Hawkling's Staff was good for several levels. http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Weapon:Hawkling's_Staff

In the ND, the staff you get from collecting all them map pages (Founder's staff?) is good too.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Quest...ders'_Book
    Last edited by crazyred; Jul 11 2007 at 03:39 PM.
    [COLOR=darkorange]Rungo Barleypop [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=plum]Cobbe Rightly
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#cc3366]Toolie[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Bertie
    [/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Tarcham, from the LM 15 class quest, probably deserves a mention.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Armour:Tarcham
    [COLOR=darkorange]Rungo Barleypop [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=plum]Cobbe Rightly
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#cc3366]Toolie[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Bertie
    [/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?lotritem=3886

Book2 ch3 Red Stone - pocket Item, +8Fate

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?lotritem=2830
    Lvl 27 - crafted (quest craft, can be traded) Twisted Staff

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?lotritem=3623
    Terror in the Sky quest (Ost Goruth) Stanric's Staff
    Last edited by JeanCarlo; Jul 11 2007 at 03:59 PM.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Looks like we got our sticky

Made a few updates. Thanks for the info, everyone.

http://lotro.mmodb.com/items/stout-yew-staff-4498.php

Stout Yew Staff - lvl 21
    Have to check but I'm pretty sure this gives +14Vit and not 12
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

I recommend that every 34+ LM should get through Masters of the Black Tide.

Gandalfs Thanks and Amarthis are nice, but Postolf takes em all

+20 vit/will and +4% tactical critical CHANCE - not damage - which is awesome.

My 35 LM sits at 13.4% critical chance. Oh yea, the staff has 20.7 DPS and like 40-60 common dmg

Hightower
    Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by hypdotsp3c View Post
    I recommend that every 34+ LM should get through Masters of the Black Tide.

Gandalfs Thanks and Amarthis are nice, but Postolf takes em all

+20 vit/will and +4% tactical critical CHANCE - not damage - which is awesome.

My 35 LM sits at 13.4% critical chance. Oh yea, the staff has 20.7 DPS and like 40-60 common dmg

Hightower
    Meneldor
    I agree. Love the staff and am still using it at 39. It can be tough getting a group together for Master of the Black Tide that knows what they're doing but it's worth the effort.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000003b601/01007/signature.png]Illikus[/charsig]

Made a few updates. I'm not including yellow drops, as we can all predict their stats based on similar items. Holding off on under 21 gear for now, as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast