We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

With so many quests and zones from which to choose, how can the discerning Loremaster decide where to adventure? This thread will help you choose how best to spend your time in Middle-Earth.

Below is a listing of gear for Loremasters, organized by level, zone, and quest name, with additional categories for crafted and looted items. Not sure which quests are worth taking? Frustrated by dropping 200 silver on the Auction Hall, only to get a better cloak as a quest reward the next day? Look no further than this thread to plan how to spend your gold and where to quest.

I define "loremaster gear" as items which provide bonuses to Vitality, Fate, and Will. It's pretty slow going researching this all by myself, so please post below with gear you know of and I'll put it on the list.

Loremaster Gear for Levels 21-30

Lone Lands

North Downs

Looted

Crafted

• Brilliant Silver Ring (18) - +11 Vit, +6 Fate (critical result of Glittering Silver Ring)
    • Stout Yew Staff (21) - 13.5 DPS, +12 Vit (woodworker, critted Yew Staff)
    • Twistwood Staff (27) - +16 Will, +16 Vit (crafted by woodworker)
    • Bright Gold Ring (28) - +17 Vitality, +2.5 Morale Regen in Non-Combat

Unknown

• Staff of Laburnum
    • Cuirass of the Northlands (chest) - 100 Armor, +16 Vit
    • Robe of the Crossroads (28) - 104 Armor, +17 Will, +9 Vit
    Last edited by Inkling; Dec 30 2009 at 09:34 PM.

Re: Loremaster Quests and Rewards lvl 20-30

Gear for Levels 31-40

Lone Lands
    North Downs
    Trollshaws
    Fornost
    Evendim
    Crafted
    Unknown
    Wilg-herthar (37, shoulders)
    41 Armor, +11 Will, +11 Fate, +11 Agi
    Note: Stats listed here taken in-game, lorebook appears to be wrong as of 3.10.08.
    Last edited by Inkling; Mar 12 2008 at 01:41 AM.

Gear for Levels 41-50

Angmar

Carn Dum

• Elder Staff (staff, 50) - 31.4 DPS Westernesse, +15 Will, +180 Maximum Morale, +10% Bonus to Tactical Critical Damage, +5% Tactical Critical Chance
      Weaken: Opponent's power is transferred to you some of the time. Attacker gains 34 Power, Target is drained of 34 Power

Misty Mountains

Crafted

• Hoary Aurochs Robe (chest, 42) - 205 Armour, +30 Will, +15 Fate, +15 Agi, +3% Bonus to Tactical Critical Damage, +30 Vitality
      • Requires Kindred standing with Lossoth of Forochel.

• Fine Radiant Robe (chest, 47) - 205 Armour, +90 Maximum Power, +15 Fate, +15 Agi, +30 Vit
      • Crit of Radiant Robe

• Exquisite Radiant Robe (chest, 47) - 205 Armour, +30 Will, +45 Maximum Power, +3% Wound Resistance, +15 Fate
      • Crit of Superb Radiant Robe

• Spirit of Ajokoira Armour (set, 42)
    • Lvl 50 - Exquisite Radiant set
      • Crit of Superb Radiant gear, or T5 Tailor's Guild recipe

Misc
    • Griever (staff, 47?) - 28 dps, +170 Maximum Morale, +10% Tactical Critical Chance

Gear for Levels 51-60

Crafted

Last edited by Inkling; Dec 30 2009 at 09:25 PM.

doesn't matter just get whatever comes along then get the book 6 chapter 5 quest staff does 29.7 dps and +180 morale/power

Good luck doing Noisome Neighbors at 23. I wouldn't even attempt it solo at that level.

The area where they spawn has a bunch of higher level undead, and Bog Walkers. Both types are immune to our mezz. The Bog Walkers are also normally stealthed.

I wouldn't worry too much about gear at that level, but that's just my opinion.
    [COLOR=Green][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000001000b/01006/signature.png]Shianriel[/charsig]
    [COLOR=Teal]Kinship [URL="http://lotro-exodus.guildlaunch.com"]Exodus[/URL] - Arkenstone Server[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktyl View Post
    Good luck doing Noisome Neighbors at 23. I wouldn't even attempt it solo at that level.

The area where they spawn has a bunch of higher level undead, and Bog Walkers. Both types are immune to our mezz. The Bog Walkers are also normally stealthed.

I wouldn't worry too much about gear at that level, but that's just my opinion.
    i did that quest just recently L25-, so it may be doable at L23. i may have done it at 23, but not sure. bog walkers were quite a pain, as i recall. but, ya, i just go thru the quests, and upgrade with whatever gear comes along - usually any piece gets replaced in a level or two anyway...
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Korphant (main), LM, Meneldor

Another good pair of boots available for mid-30s from a Garth Agarwen quest, Ivar the Bloodhand, given by Saeradan.

Ivar's Defeat
    50 Armor, +20 Agi, +10 Wil

One of the best boots I've seen so far for mid-30s, beats the one you get from Trollshaws hands down.
    [SIZE=1]
    Server: Elendilmir
    [B]Maeglindor, Level 50 Loremaster, GM Tailor[/B]
    [/SIZE]

Re: Loremaster Gear - By Level and Zone

I'm away from the game so I won't be updating this guide anymore. If someone would like to use it as the source for a new thread, feel free.

I'll be back eventually, but not in the near future. Namárië, Lore-Masters! Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva!

One quick question. Does anyone have a breakdown of the post-book-10 Fine Radiant and Exquisite Radiant sets? I have a decent ammount of Fine Radiant gear (three peices) that were not only easier to come by but, for a LRM, superior to their Exquisite Radiant counterparts. With some of the crafted-item buffs and the new availability of some of the single-use items you didn't even want to BOTHER with before The Reign of the Beryl Shards, I'd like to sit down and see what might warrent an upgrade. Unfortunately there is an amazing derth of information out there for crafted light armor. I'm to the point on my character where I'm going to have to decide if I go for Fine, Exquisite, or Beast-Master peices so info for the whole sets would be GREAT. Any tailors out there with some screen-shotted tool-tips?

Also, anyone got stats on The Elder Staff? Curse you Mordirith and your being all the way in the back of CD.

Also also, can anyone confirm that "Tactical Critical Modifier" is the same idea as tactical critical MAGNITUDE, i.e. damage and healing output when you DO crit, and NOT the same as "Tactical Critical Chance"? I.e. when you equiped something with a tactical critical modifier on it your tactical crit stat didn't change?

Ok, that's three quick questions. Whoops.

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?lotritem=3886

Book2 ch3 Red Stone - pocket Item, +8Fate

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?lotritem=2830
    Lvl 27 - crafted (quest craft, can be traded) Twisted Staff

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?lotritem=3623
    Terror in the Sky quest (Ost Goruth) Stanric's Staff
    Last edited by JeanCarlo; Jul 11 2007 at 02:59 PM.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Looks like we got our sticky

Made a few updates. Thanks for the info, everyone.

http://lotro.mmodb.com/items/stout-yew-staff-4498.php

Stout Yew Staff - lvl 21
    Have to check but I'm pretty sure this gives +14Vit and not 12

I recommend that every 34+ LM should get through Masters of the Black Tide.

Gandalfs Thanks and Amarthis are nice, but Postolf takes em all

+20 vit/will and +4% tactical critical CHANCE - not damage - which is awesome.

My 35 LM sits at 13.4% critical chance. Oh yea, the staff has 20.7 DPS and like 40-60 common dmg

Hightower
    Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by hypdotsp3c View Post
    I recommend that every 34+ LM should get through Masters of the Black Tide.

Gandalfs Thanks and Amarthis are nice, but Postolf takes em all

+20 vit/will and +4% tactical critical CHANCE - not damage - which is awesome.

My 35 LM sits at 13.4% critical chance. Oh yea, the staff has 20.7 DPS and like 40-60 common dmg

Hightower
    Meneldor
    I agree. Love the staff and am still using it at 39. It can be tough getting a group together for Master of the Black Tide that knows what they're doing but it's worth the effort.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000003b601/01007/signature.png]Illikus[/charsig]

Made a few updates. I'm not including yellow drops, as we can all predict their stats based on similar items. Holding off on under 21 gear for now, as well.

Ummm...when do we get the eagle?

I'm level 49 (probably 50 before the end of the week) and have finihsed one of the 45 class quests and have all of the books done as well. Still no eagle

How about those end game lv50 very best gears? any input?
    [URL="http://www.lotro-craft.com/artisan-1402-redcloak-tinker-en.html"]Redcloak[/URL] - 50 Lore-master
    Elendilmir server

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gandalf's Thanks. It's a staff with excellent in-combat/out-of-combat power regens, and ridiculously easy to get. I used it for a LONG time, from my mid-30s until the low 40s...

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Weapon:Gandalf's_Thanks

21.4 DPS (common)
    +7.5 non-combat power regen
    +2.4 in-combat power regen

Only drawback is it doesn't boost any base stats, but those power regen figures are VERY effective.

I'll try to add some stuff when possible. Book10 added a TON of jewelries that makes me drool! My lvl 31 minstrel is currently sporting some
    lvl 28 Bracelets that has .7 IC Regen, couple of earring with like 19Fate EACH. Makes me wanna start a new LM lol.

I didnt see anyone mention the Vestments of the Grove set from the Trollshaw Quests.

Great stuff for the level it can be gotten, about late 30s, early 40s if solo.
    Last edited by CountValamyr; Nov 11 2007 at 03:01 AM.