We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Difficulty Purchasing LOTRO Points, Anyone Else?

Trying to stock up on LOTRO Points, and have bought some during this sale.

BUT the new weapon system is eating them up, and I wanted to buy more points.

And seem to have triggered some extra level of credit card security with both the Store AND my bank.

And am unable to get through the labyrinth of security levels in both in enough time to provide the Store with the requested info.

(Trying to not disclose too many details here. Sorry. This has me spooked. Has never happened before in all my years of LOTRO.)

And yes, I have requested help from SSG.

My question is "Has anyone else had this odd similar problem trying to make several purchases of LOTRO Points during this sale?"

Thank you in advance for your input.

Cheers,
    Shatter

I'm guessing you're trying to use a card, and have hit the message saying that a small amount has been debited from your account, please enter the amount here to verify.... etc?
    I got that several times, this time and during the previous double points sale, which I missed out on because basically whatever small they take from my account(s) takes 48hrs to go through, by which time the store timed out causing the payment to be immediately returned.

The only way I can buy anything through the store is by using PayPal, and then only if I temporarily set the store to open in an external browser, because the normal store causes PayPal to time out.

Been playing for 14 years and have spent a lot of money on this game. Had to give up trying to buy the LOTRO points. Guess they do not want my money anymore.
    Ohthere

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanovich View Post
    Been playing for 14 years and have spent a lot of money on this game. Had to give up trying to buy the LOTRO points. Guess they do not want my money anymore.
    Same here. Been a Lifer since forever, and buy points on a regular basis. Seems I triggered the Store system when I was trying to stock up for the Holidays. And what Grapold mentioned is exactly what happened to me.

So, they do not want our money? Okay.

Thank you to both of you. <hugs>

Shatter