We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Game performance report thread weekend of the 19th - 21st of November

I wanted to create a quick thread to get feedback from people about game performance tonight through the weekend. The best reports will give us a character and server, detail about what you saw, a /loc to get there again, the time it happened (including whatever time zone you are referencing) and even better is video of it if you have it. We did some work this week on the game environment infrastructure, but we know that further work to reduce lag caused by other factors still needs to be done. It will still be useful, however, to get your feedback this weekend. Thanks!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Due to a lot of people doing the new missions in the evening on Belegaer (5 to 10 pm) sometimes you have to wait beeing able to get the price in the hall between 2 and 5 minutes. In the rest of the day, it's faster, between 0.2 to 2min.
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

I made a video of me playing the mission Attack on Cotfast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXVDb1RNufI

Character: Anthylla
    Time: I started at 09:11 CET which is 03:11 Eastern Time
    Server: Belegaer

As can be seen in the video, enemies take a long time to spawn (well over a minute in this case). That can happen with every mission, although it seems to be most consistent on this one.
    After leaving the mission, turning in the quest was not immediately possible. This is the same phenomenon Arantha mentioned, and it resolved pretty quickly this time. As Arantha said, with more players in the area, this can easily take more than a minute. It seems that the mission "space" is not really left; the UI element for the horn was still visible, and it disappeared at the same time I was able to turn the quest in.

Edit: I made another video showing the delay Arantha mentioned: https://youtu.be/jhfjwMeXmiM?t=93
    Nothing happened for a while, but once the "multiple dynamic layers" info icon appeared, everything started working (even though I didn't immediately interact with the NPC). It was still more than two minutes of waiting.
    Last edited by Fanchen; Nov 20 2021 at 06:03 AM.

Here another Video for you: https://youtu.be/VUbTsq76sPQ
    Location: Instance "Assault on Dhurstrok, Server time was 4:38pm
    Server: Gwaihir
    Character: Fureos

I started recording around 10s into the lag so in total it was around 35s that nothing happened. While the length of lags varies, those kind of things happen frequently throughout the day.
    If you have done anything to improve performance, i haven't felt it. Moving shared storage takes ages as it always does and the lags you see there haven't changed in their nature or length.

Gwaihir 15:25 CET Failing to open Task Collection Box in Mattugard Noble Gate

Character: Gildoriel
    I just logged in to turn in some tasks.
    1 out of 20 attempts will open the Task Collection Box. The other 19 attempts will just do nothing.
    Current server population: 696 non-anonymous
    /loc: [DE] Gwaihir server 24 at r2 lx347 ly749 i24 ox70.96 oy119.75 oz1000.12 h174.4. Game timestamp 349925822.572.

EDIT: 5 Minutes later there was no problem anymore.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Vartmath doesn't want my runes

I am trying to complete the quest "A Strange Frenzy"; have killed the 10 frenzied deep claws and have ten runes. I've tried to "give" them to Vartmath numerous times and he is not responding. I also tried re-logging the character. Not a "performance issue" per se, but wanted to report it. Here's my loc data: [11/20 09:49:59 AM] You are on Crickhollow server 14 at r2 lx326 ly781 ox126.56 oy105.88 oz1101.06 h182.8. Game timestamp 352248664.271.

Graphical lags in Fasach-larran (Angmar)

Time: 15:55 CET
    Character: Lanatir
    /loc: [DE] Gwaihir server 31 at r1 lx1102 ly1265 ox132.27 oy36.05 oz337.21 h50.6. Game timestamp 349927345.887.

"Gliding" instead of walking
    Landscape turns black with NPCs' names appearing in the upper left corner of the screens. Gets sorted after ~2 minutes.

Mobs take several seconds after having 0 morale until they realize they're dead

Time: 16:07 CET
    Character: Lanatir
    /loc: [DE] Gwaihir server 31 at r1 lx1080 ly1263 ox17.22 oy148.17 oz350.04 h29.5. Game timestamp 349928081.271.

As the title says.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I wanted to create a quick thread to get feedback from people about game performance tonight through the weekend. The best reports will give us a character and server, detail about what you saw, a /loc to get there again, the time it happened (including whatever time zone you are referencing) and even better is video of it if you have it. We did some work this week on the game environment infrastructure, but we know that further work to reduce lag caused by other factors still needs to be done. It will still be useful, however, to get your feedback this weekend. Thanks!

Been pretty cool to see some good work on PvMP from Fantus, but for some reason, this VIP feature is a clown fiesta of lag.

The current time on the server is 11/20 09:29 PM. That's around the start, and gameplay is from the next ~30-45 min.

Locations: You are on Arkenstone server 14 at r1 lx1321 ly1054 ox29.41 oy124.37 oz379.90 h296.7. Game timestamp 457536160.354.
    • You are on Arkenstone server 14 at r1 lx1321 ly1054 ox29.41 oy124.37 oz379.90 h296.7. Game timestamp 457536160.354.
    • You are on Arkenstone server 14 at r1 lx1316 ly1065 ox88.71 oy20.13 oz386.13 h315.0. Game timestamp 457536183.343.
    • You are on Arkenstone server 36 at r1 lx1298 ly1076 ox57.49 oy96.63 oz371.47 h254.5. Game timestamp 457536238.039.
    • You are on Arkenstone server 45 at r1 lx1295 ly1052 ox143.27 oy95.50 oz366.07 h189.8. Game timestamp 457536305.893.

Saw this late to give full info It would be great if you can let us know in advance next time please.

Laurelin server. Yesterday I was in Gundabad only, questing, and done also few instances. Things seems better, at least there. Occasional lag still present, freezes in instances, however it was playable, it's an improvement.

Got through Battle of the Forges and Lofts in a duo with very little or no noticeable lag. Gladden server.

A lot of quest hubs will freeze my character randomly. I think it may be to do with others clicking vendors and when they are on screen for me. People not in fellowship, just visible. I pulled a train at one point and noticed that if the names of the mobs was visible, they were lagging. Once I lowered my camera, they unfroze and all was well. I think I'm going to turn off overhead damage/heal responses because in other games that can lag.

One thing that was mentioned in the notes and happened to me anyway... in Deepscrave, the ramparts in the south of the map, looking for the two treasure chests, upper level, I fell through the map twice. Once, the graphics corrected themselves and I didn't die (was halfway through, and then bounced back up), the other time, I died. In another place, along the wall, I was checking a niche, turned around and all the graphics were "hollow" and see through, they were only showing texture on one side. I'm really quite nervous about looking for chests in that area.

You are on Landroval server 23 at r2 lx319 ly777 i42 ox141.96 oy20.27 oz963.95 h310.8. Game timestamp 458213056.814.

NPCs in private encounters just glitch out due to lag and never trigger their next event.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

I did not keep a log of everything, but on Arkenstone I experienced lag in all sorts of random locations. I was taking a toon through all 5 levels of Minas Morgul, and I encountered severe lag several times throughout the weekend. Basically everything stops, it takes 10-15 seconds to restore, and if I was in the middle of a fight the skills used would give error messages like "invalid target".

Besides Minas Morgul, I was also in the Vales of Anduin and Ered Mithrin, picking up the Wells of Langflood quests and the Legacy of Durin quest line from Skarhald. Lag happened at very random intervals, not at specific times in the hour.

I would actually say the lag for me was worse than it was before. But it could also be the weekend when it is usually busier.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Good idea, but...

Hi there,

I appreciate your growing focus on the stability.

Nevertheless there would have been more feedback if you would have made world call in game or an announcement in the launcher.
    I just noticed this thread too late and would have loved to assist.

A huge issue are the hot spots like missions and dailies combined with vault access or item / npc usage.
    Go live and try to open a vault somewhere near mission npc (when those are crowded of cause).

Overall I have to say on friday after the update I had little issues with lag during the day (10 AM - 4 PM (UTC+1) - population around ~300-600 non anonymous).
    I ran intances like Durstrok, Woe of the Willow, Askad Mazal or School of Tham Mirdain as well as Missions and dailies.

Good to know that you can use /loc to assist with location and timestamp.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fureo View Post
    Here another Video for you: https://youtu.be/VUbTsq76sPQ
    Location: Instance "Assault on Dhurstrok, Server time was 4:38pm
    Server: Gwaihir
    Character: Fureos

I started recording around 10s into the lag so in total it was around 35s that nothing happened. While the length of lags varies, those kind of things happen frequently throughout the day.
    If you have done anything to improve performance, i haven't felt it. Moving shared storage takes ages as it always does and the lags you see there haven't changed in their nature or length.
    This is identical to the lag that I experienced on Evernight, complete instance lock up on a regular basis. Sword Halls, Blacklore, Thikil-gundu, Seregost all lagged the same as what Fureos experienced over the weekend.

It seems to be less laggy all the time now, but when it does lag, its total lockup until whatever has recovered.

Server - Evernight
    Character - Lob
    Time GMT - 20:00 - 02:00am
    Last edited by 1Asy1; Nov 22 2021 at 06:28 AM.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Lag Analysis

Server: Evernight
    Character: Nickthurin
    Date & Time: 21st November - 21:00 - 00:00 GMT +1
    Lag status: Moderate

Huge lag experienced when trading daily quests on completion at The Verzonal Allegiance Hall

Thanks

On Gladden server all weekend with multiple toons.

No noticeable lag in most things I'm doing but when the daily quests that complete for "collecting gold", "collecting sapphires", etc, in the new area, there is a 2 or 3 second stop while the quest processes completion.

Not sure if those quests can be looked at separately as there must be something happening with the completion process.

Great idea sadly I missed the posting.
    Landroval Yewlin level 130 hunter, Gwenyan 111, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of you. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

Thank you for your reports and videos!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Zidir-nesad
    Server "[DE-RP] Belegaer" (58) in r2 lx320 ly790 i93 ox3.57 oy122.71 oz1050.48 h60.5. Spiel-Zeitstempel (game timestamp) 456176147.158.

Right at this moment, it is impossible to anything there.
    Movement is like a stop and go movie, "go" is like a few steps whereas "stop" is 30 seconds to a minute or two.

Oh now I remember one place that is always laggy.

Car Bronach outdoors with the storm on or off, the mist just makes travel there an exercise in ignoring the graphics stutter. Either war steed or normal horse, or on foot... walk, setback, walk setback.

Look I know you're all excited about the mist and the atmosphere effects and the storm. But add to that the ground shake of the giants and none of it is something I can control... and Car Bronach is a medical nightmare for me with neuro issues. And if it causes lag too, why not give us a way to turn it off?

Ever since we've had a way to turn off "post processing" a whole bunch of new effects have been added that are in fact post processing but aren't controlled by that setting. It's cruel.

Server performance dropping off again.

- Skill lag.
    - Mobs not attacking or loading morale bars.
    - Freezes - instance and landscape.

You are on [EN] Evernight server 33 at r2 lx1968 ly1856 i19 cInside ox-63.80 oy-89.06 oz-460.95 h56.2. Game timestamp 456667890.221.

Character - Lob
    Time - 21:11 GMT
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

You clearly notice after 2 days how evernight just goes down the drain.. Landscape lag, mission lag. Instance lag.
    It's not as bad as it was before you did whatever you did, but it's still there and I would say it still makes the game unplayable.. There is noway we should keep experiencing these kinds of problems which has already been a thing for years already.

Some years ago you had daily restarts on certain servers.. Can this become a thing again? Or atleast every other day?
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Evernight - Morale-Smasher - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Den of Pughlak, Crawlers, Massive skill lag, T3.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

@Cordovan - the original thread is getting updated daily.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast