We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Elderslade Reilics now useless

I got the War of the Three peaks expansion a little while back (June) and got the middle tier in part for the Elserslade relics. I don't have time to raid much and it seemed like it would be good to have the boost when I got to the Elderslade. I added them to my LI panel and waited until I was about ready to enter the Elderslade to add them to an LI only to find that now I cannot use them. tTo sell something that you know will be useless in a few months without telling people seems dishonest to me. I have multiple toons who will get no use from these relics ....it seems like a scam.

It's not a scam, that would imply this had malicious intent which I dont think is the case as it is far too overt and I dont think SSG would be that stupid.

I think it's just more desperation to keep people interested in the game is to release content before it is properly ready and tested. They mean well they just are a bit stretched thin polishing the very rough edges of the new changes in the game.

I assume we will see fixes for these things in the proper Gundabad release.

Or maybe the expansion after that.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastran View Post
    I got the War of the Three peaks expansion a little while back (June) and got the middle tier in part for the Elserslade relics. I don't have time to raid much and it seemed like it would be good to have the boost when I got to the Elderslade. I added them to my LI panel and waited until I was about ready to enter the Elderslade to add them to an LI only to find that now I cannot use them. tTo sell something that you know will be useless in a few months without telling people seems dishonest to me. I have multiple toons who will get no use from these relics ....it seems like a scam.
    I don't think that SSG did know, that the (now old) LI system will be soon obsolete as they created the War of the Three peaks expansion.
    I don't know what happened, but after the first look on the Gundabad beta, I have more than ever before the strong feeling, that new LI system was not planned at all for this year.
    In each camp in the new area there are still relict-master and forge-master and some other things which are bound to the old LI system.
    That the new LI system would be half-baked and semifinished is a very polite overstatement.

It was clearly stated that old buffs would have some kind of conversion or compensation later. I'm impatient for it too, but I wouldn't call it a scam.

The concept of striking, enchantment and binding runes seem to have gone without a whimper. All the rep and T2 completions and farmed resources and efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    The concept of striking, enchantment and binding runes seem to have gone without a whimper. All the rep and T2 completions and farmed resources and efforts...
    The new DPS/healing values are waaaaay above the combined values of the old LI's + runes. So you basically got free DPS for no work, and we also won't run into players that were using mastery runes assuming they were better (especially the paid only ones, because they MUST be the best right? Why would they make us pay for an inferior rune?).

Anyway to the OP you got your money's worth, the dead city runics became obsolete when Elderslade came out and the Elderslade ones would have been obsolete with the release of Gundabad, but thankfully they got rid of LI materials that are available only to people who thrust their cash forward. One less element of P2W to be accused of. And if you're still annoyed after that reasoning, perhaps it's a lesson to not pay more more than just basic versions of expansions rather than invest it in mere cosmetics and stuff that will become obsolete/useless.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]