We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Incomplete Progress in Vol 2 Book 1 = Locked Out of New LIs, Moria?

I'll start by saying I have submitted a ticket in-game, but as it has an estimated reply time of >1 Day, I'm curious to know if my issue has been encountered elsewhere and someone figured out a way to progress. My Google-Fu hasn't led me to any results that describe my predicament.

My highest character is Level 53. About a month ago I finally began the quest line which introduced me to the (old) Legendary Items system. I got my Burglar's Dagger of the Third Age, visited the NPCs that told me how to use and improve it, and I think that's about it. I'd estimate I was on the epic quest Vol. 2 Book 1 Chapter 11. I had not yet gone back to the Watcher in the Water to give him what-for.

It's been a few weeks since logging in with that character, and it looks like when the LI update happened my Vol 2 quest line was erased, replaced with the new version flagged as "Completed" although I definitely didn't complete this line or the old version. This wouldn't be much of an issue, but I never received the Seeker of Deep Places status, so I'm barred from going into the gate at Nan Sirannon (it simply tells me "Using that has no effect" when I try to run into it) as well as the LI room in the Last Homely House (which explicitly tells me I must have Seeker of Deep Places). That's how I first learned of this problem, by trying to take my Dagger of the Third Age to the Last Homely House and finding that door to be locked for me. Thus it appears that my main is completely locked out of key features of the game.

To reiterate, if I look at my Quest Log and select Completed Quests, it shows all of the new Vol 2 Book 1 chain as having been completed. However, I did not receive the rewards (because I didn't actually complete these quests). I don't have the new-style Burglar LI from Chapter 9, the Tracery from Chapter 7, etc. But I do have the items that matched with quests that didn't change significantly because I completed those a couple weeks back, before the update.

Because the quests are flagged as completed, I can't interact with any of the NPCs which might put me back on the right track. Rathwald, Hundi, nobody at the forges in Rivendell has any inclination to interact with me. I no longer have an active Volume 2, Book 1 quest of any kind, as the new versions have all been inaccurately set as "Complete."

Do I simply need to be patient, and at some point along the line a GM could grant me Seeker of Deep Places? It would be nice to get the LI reward from the new Chapter 9, with the Backstab Damage Word of Mastery, but I'd settle for just being able to progress.

Raininia mentioned this in the last Q&A.

That quest auto-completed after the patch. You should be able to talk to an NPC at the gate and receive the Watcher quest. Then you will be able to pass though the gate. When you complete that quest it'll give you Seeker of Deep places.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    You should be able to talk to an NPC at the gate and receive the Watcher quest.
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this is simply not the case for me. I've tried again after reading this message and that NPC will not bring up dialogue options, windows, any response whatsoever when I click on him. Perhaps that will be fixed in a future patch.

Maybe you should look that q&a up on youtube or twitch. I may have remembered incorrectly, this wasn't a topic of interest to me.

This issue is mentioned in stream here - https://youtu.be/ZHbLggQ79Ls?t=2595 Cord says you should be able to talk to Rathwald and get Watcher in the Water quest. Maybe it's not working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    This issue is mentioned in stream here - https://youtu.be/ZHbLggQ79Ls?t=2595 Cord says you should be able to talk to Rathwald and get Watcher in the Water quest. Maybe it's not working as intended?
    Thanks for the timestamp, this is exactly my issue! And that seems to be the case, Rathwald isn't working as intended. I'll submit that as a Bug Report in-game, but I'm sure by now they're either aware of it or it's in the process of being implemented.

Thumbs down

You are not the only one(