We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tips? Man or Elf?

I love so far at lvls 10-16 the Man/Woman Elf. I have yet (still) to settle a class. I am not in the sit down play 16 hours "mode" yet. RL has taken me out a bit.

That changes today. I was thinking of a female Warden. Using a 2H weapon for leveling, etc. Anyway I have read dozens of threads, blogs/wikis,etc. I am so worried I'm gonna miss out on things!

Middle Earth, its Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by layde View Post
    I love so far at lvls 10-16 the Man/Woman Elf. I have yet (still) to settle a class. I am not in the sit down play 16 hours "mode" yet. RL has taken me out a bit.

That changes today. I was thinking of a female Warden. Using a 2H weapon for leveling, etc. Anyway I have read dozens of threads, blogs/wikis,etc. I am so worried I'm gonna miss out on things!

Middle Earth, its Saturday!

Warden is strictly 1H and Shield so no 2H at all.

The only real difference between man and elf races is a few racial skills that you acquire at higher levels. Both races get a damage bonus for 1H sword use. (The elf's bow bonus and man's 2H sword bonus are useless for Warden.) Man gets a passive bonus to Block/Parry/Evade (BPE) whereas Elf gets a skill that gives a huge Parry bonus for a short time and has a long cooldown. These things are really only important to end game players trying to maximize their character's ability.

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post

The only real difference between man and elf races is a few racial skills that you acquire at higher levels. Both races get a damage bonus for 1H sword use. (The elf's bow bonus and man's 2H sword bonus are useless for Warden.) Man gets a passive bonus to Block/Parry/Evade (BPE) whereas Elf gets a skill that gives a huge Parry bonus for a short time and has a long cooldown. These things are really only important to end game players trying to maximize their character's ability.

Have fun!
    Yet Wardens have a 2h spec tho right? I don't play by the rules, LOL. I'd prefer to have a tank with a 2H.....

Have fun!
    I'nm so so sorry, I meant Captain, not Warden!! SORRY!

I'nm so so sorry, I meant Captain, not Warden!! SORRY!
    That's different. Never mind.

Captain is mainly a 2H class. The 1H + Shield spec is very defensive and not used much, especially since Leader of Men (yellow) trait line lets the Cappy block with a 2H weapon.

Racial choice here is only Man and High Elf (not vanilla Elf) and Man definitely has the edge due to complementary racial bonuses, especially the 2H sword damage bonus.

For soloing, Red line. Captain does a lower amount of damage in general although the spike damage from Critical and Devastating Critical hits is impressive.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

That's different. Never mind.

Captain is mainly a 2H class. The 1H + Shield spec is very defensive and not used much, especially since Leader of Men (yellow) trait line lets the Cappy block with a 2H weapon.

Racial choice here is only Man and High Elf (not vanilla Elf) and Man definitely has the edge due to complementary racial bonuses, especially the 2H sword damage bonus.

For soloing, Red line. Captain does a lower amount of damage in general although the spike damage from Critical and Devastating Critical hits is impressive.
    not sure what spec/talent tree I will go with, yet. I guess for a beginner its best to explore? And enjoy . Also ty for the info...sorry I sounded mean earlier.

not sure what spec/talent tree I will go with, yet. I guess for a beginner its best to explore? And enjoy . Also ty for the info...sorry I sounded mean earlier.
    You didn't sound mean at all.

Use of 1H & Sh for a Cappy is rare to nonexistent these days. For the first few years of LOTRO it was useful in group play when the tank died and the Captain had to step in and tank while the Minstrel rezzed the tank. Quick swap to sword and shield and hold things off for a minute then back to the 2H when the tank is back.

i answer ur question!

sups guy i reckons ze elf is better in ze game, i plays lotro and i am elf man, lotro pro games!!