We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: About 30.2.1

About 30.2.1

I'm surprised about 30.2.1, because Cordovan did nothing mention some hours ago. And when I have a look at the relese notes, there seems to be online a better stack size of the carry bag for instruments. Or did I miss something?
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post
    I'm surprised about 30.2.1, because Cordovan did nothing mention some hours ago. And when I have a look at the relese notes, there seems to be online a better stack size of the carry bag for instruments. Or did I miss something?
    Sorry not sure what you are asking but in the stream Cord did mention 30.2.1 was coming on Monday and he made a point of saying it didn't have very much in just some instrument carry all stuff, which is reflected in the release notes.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

thanks for the update, didn't catch that
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes

Gundabad preorder bonuses

Well, since there is Gundabad preorder starting on Monday, they need to implement cosmetics/mounts/whatever stuff comes with Collectors/Legendary edition of Gundabad - so that's why we have update probably
    Last edited by Ragnarsong; Sep 25 2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarsong View Post
    Well, since there is Gundabad preorder starting in Monday, they need to implement cosmetics/mounts/whatever stuff comes with Collectors/Legendary edition of Gundabad - so that's why we have update probably
    huh. That actually makes sense.

Yeah, Monday's patch is focused on a game build that essentially enables us to begin the pre-purchase for Fate of Gundabad, but while we were messing with the stack size of the Dye Carry-All we also adjusted the Instrument Carry-All.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, Monday's patch is focused on a game build that essentially enables us to begin the pre-purchase for Fate of Gundabad, but while we were messing with the stack size of the Dye Carry-All we also adjusted the Instrument Carry-All.
    Dye carry all? That would be great and I hope stack size is high.

Dye carry-all for which pre-purchase? Can wait 'til Monday.

Does more stacking fix the musicians issues? Shortcut bar instrument linked to carry-all content now?
    Role playing roadies enabling?

Item level ordering across the board would impact more of us.

Thumbs up

I do not understand the need for a musical instrument carry all. I don't OBJECT, I just don't understand. Things like if you have two theorbos (example) of the same level, but one is "just" a theorbo and the other is Theorbo of Resolve, do they stack because they're theorbos, or do they NOT stack because they don't have the same title. What does stack? I don't expect to need to do this, so you might call it idle curiosity, but if anyone wants to explain it, I'd be interested.

I'd like a Dye Carry-All. Currently, I have them stored on a little-used character, and its kind of a pain to go see what I have when it's another character who wants to dye something. But, nice, but non-essential to me.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    I do not understand the need for a musical instrument carry all. I don't OBJECT, I just don't understand. Things like if you have two theorbos (example) of the same level, but one is "just" a theorbo and the other is Theorbo of Resolve, do they stack because they're theorbos, or do they NOT stack because they don't have the same title. What does stack? I don't expect to need to do this, so you might call it idle curiosity, but if anyone wants to explain it, I'd be interested.

I'd like a Dye Carry-All. Currently, I have them stored on a little-used character, and its kind of a pain to go see what I have when it's another character who wants to dye something. But, nice, but non-essential to me.
    Actually, the dye carry-all will make checking worse. Far worse. There are multiple plugins for checking alt's inventories (AltInventory for example) which allow you to check the contents of alt's bags and vaults at any time from anywhere in the game world (as long as you logged into them once first with the plugin active to capture the data). Unfortunately, since carry-alls are not exposed to Lua, once you put anything into a carry-all, there is no way to check the inventory without manually looking into the actual carry-all in your bags. Even if it is in shared storage, you have to go to a vault-keeper or use the VIP vault-keeper access, put the carry-all into your bag and then open it to look. No more just clicking a plugin and searching every item in any alt's inventory, vault or shared storage from anywhere in the world. It is FAR easier to find items if you keep them on alts or in vaults and use a plugin than it is to bury items in a black hole that is inaccessible unless it is in the inventory of the character you happen to be logged into.

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    I do not understand the need for a musical instrument carry all.
    There are 13 different kinds of instruments. There are 6 festival instruments that have different sounds. Midsummer Festival brought along a new white cosmetic variant for each type. That's a lot of instruments they could be stowing away in a single inventory slot. You are right that the majority of people won't be needing this. It isn't like they will gather up instruments while adventuring or need to stack them like housing decorations. I think there are people out there who might have thousands of lotro points to spend or would like to clear up more inventory space for all those unique items. I also think these carry-all bags might not have taken them too long to develop. This might very well help those who orchestrate a merry band of music players by providing them a means to carry all those instruments in a single bag.

Can appreciate the efforts of the composers and something to help them out, if it does actually help.

Figured band members would have /aliases and instruments filling shortcut bars, not turn up without an instrument.

freebies and cheap expansions

As a subscriber for 13 years that has paid for every expansion pack I am getting tired of seeing quest and expansion packs given for free or at a greatly reduced price to F2Ps. I feel like a chump paying full price for everything plus my annual subscription.

When will we paying customers get something?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie1 View Post
    As a subscriber for 13 years that has paid for every expansion pack I am getting tired of seeing quest and expansion packs given for free or at a greatly reduced price to F2Ps. I feel like a chump paying full price for everything plus my annual subscription.

Well such is offered to the whole Community but anyone who always purchases at or close to release of anything will never benefit on a main account for "Good will" moments like the past 2 years of having All Quest Packs given to an account forever and X amount of Expansions being super cheap on the LOTRO Store.

Paying Customers pending what they get do get things, as anyone who just used the Code + LOTRO Store isn't getting any form of extras like Classes, Class Slots, Cosmetics, Mounts, so on and so forth that are offered from LOTRO Market Expansion Options but yes Paying Customers especially VIPs should receive some more things but the question is: What?

I'm ViP, and just bought sixty bucks worth of points. I really don't have an issue with this, on the contrary, I think the paywall should have been adjusted a long time ago. It's really steep as it is.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Well for one, if this were a modern subscription model, everything.

The free code, and particularly the 99lp for all expansions up to and including Mordor, is targeted at new, current, or potential players.

What I'm confused about your question is, shouldn't this be a good thing for you too? Because that means you don't have to subscribe anymore. Actually, if anything this highlights the biggest issue with the subscription model: It's an unlocker. And that's it.

Subbing longer doesn't increase the amount of lp, just the time. The one other benefit is that u get that carry around jug, but that's about it. For everything else it serves as an unlocker, and frankly if u still opted to subscribe after they give away the free code, ur pretty much opting for the more expensive route as there is no need to sub anymore.

From a marketing pov: It's amazing. Drops the normally high paywall allowing more players the opportunity to try it out.

From a gameplay pov: Even better. Because they're saying u can play from lvls 1-120 without having to pay for any lvl content making it easy to grab new players who would usually be daunted by such a high lvl count.

For subscribers: Yeah this is still good. Means you don't have to sub anymore. So less spending on your end.

Granted they'll need to update the sub model to include potentially immediate/long-term benefits outside of unlocks, but that's something they've expressed a desire to do, albeit post-gundabad.

Thanks a lot for the informations. And sorry again for asking what I have missed
    --------------------

Question

When will you put all varried carry-all-bags available for purchase at LOTRO store? Many players are interested on buying some if not all them, but not as part of some expansion that we already own.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    When will you put all varried carry-all-bags available for purchase at LOTRO store? Many players are interested on buying some if not all them, but not as part of some expansion that we already own.
    This right here. While looking at the monetization, a basic thing SSG might do is put stuff in the store full time that folks have been begging for! I've maxed my storage and would certainly be up for some more carry all purchases, except they're not available.

Think they are stuck with a Daybreak price point to match their other games and everything they try to justify the prices isn't designed and implemented well enough from a playing and use perspective. You can't buy a cure for stupid in the lotro market. Can put Valar on 70% sale for some to exploit happily and others to ruin yet another character.

I know you guys haven't released the info yet but I've a couple of questions..

Considering how previous pre-purchases have worked:

1. Why the change of offering a Dye carry-all instead of a selection box of all the available types?

2. If there is an XP boost item within the pre-purchase, are you going to continue the trend of letting that item stack with the previous ones? I'm asking coz.. well, we already have 2 earrings. Or is it intended just to fill in the gap left by the High Elves one after 105?
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Shadowfax
    Unofficial LotRO Webcomic