We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Warden Help

Warden Help

Hi Guys,

I have my account for 6 years but did not really play the game that much so I am really a newbie to LotRO. Having more time now to play, I decided to get back and try the game again. I need help with my Warden. Most of the guides I am seeing online are outdated I think. Can anyone point me to the right path on where to find a good class guide? I am thinking which build to run (Blue, Red or Yellow)

Thanks in advance. (sorry for my English - not my native language)

MY
    " Proud to be Pinoy "

There are fairly up-to-date guides focused on end-game raiding here:

https://lotrohq.com/warden/

I'm not sure how useful they'll be for someone starting out or returning.

There's a portal-type page which might have a more diverse range of information here:

https://www.lotrobasics.com/p/warden-class-guides.html

Hope this helps.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    There are fairly up-to-date guides focused on end-game raiding here:

https://lotrohq.com/warden/

I'm not sure how useful they'll be for someone starting out or returning.

There's a portal-type page which might have a more diverse range of information here:

https://www.lotrobasics.com/p/warden-class-guides.html

Hope this helps.
    Thanks! This is a good start.. Any suggestions on which way to go? RED or BLUE? I am thinking that most of my leveling days will be SOLO so I am really not sure which one to pick.
    " Proud to be Pinoy "

I play almost exclusively Blue, because I like being unkillable by anything on the landscape, and being able to run through a camp, pull 10-12 mobs, and survive unscathed.

But you may not be able to do that at lower levels.

"Play what you enjoy" is always good advice.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Here take a look here - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Sticky!/page2
    post #144

DADI'S guides are pretty good.

Build out both Blue and Red, actually develop a hybrid (Red & Blue) build. If you think you may want to raid, should also have a Yellow build. Try I Love Fried Orc linked in the above referenced post.

Remember, to stop and smell the roses.
    A Warden is an avoidance tank, and is not a Guardian.

The greatest danger to a Warden is a case of Fumble Fingers and interrupts.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

As far as guides go, LotroHQ is fantastic, but also, don't be intimidated they are showing you the best build, including a starter build (THANK YOU) to work towards. But you don't end up at either of those sets of gear, you have to work at it. So, don't feel crazy about it.

As for the Warden, also on the rotations, and this goes for every class, just do as much of the rotation as you can, and work on keeping the most important bits in there. You do need to use masteries as a Warden to be ultimate, and there is one skill that lets you build a gambit before starting the fight, do that for harder fights.

If you are in tough, use the shield-heal line, you can actually kill some bosses just keeping your hots up. The Resolution line can get you from low health back to full health with every pulse if you are fighting a decent number of mobs.

I like the fist-shield line most, especially as the mastery is easy to put on your bar and into your rotation.

If you get really good at them, then you can play this class as a ranged kiter lol

I have beaten some warbands that you are supposed to beat with your wonky mounted combat moves by just going into assailment mode and circle strafing. I used a combat run buff for that though.

I do not like the Warden for tanking, there are just other classes where it is easier. What I can do is off tank, I dps until something heads to the healer, then I peel off and grab it, and bring in back to the tank. So, that's in groups obviously. As for your own, most things cannot survive f-s-f + f-s-f-s, what I often do while waiting for them to tick down is build the gambit I will use on the next group, which is normally f-s-f-s-f, a terrific opener that mostly means you can just move on to the next group after building f-s-f on that mob as Desolation does a ton of damage.

If you get a lot of mobs, I will sometimes fire off a resolution f-sp-s-f but that was with an old LI that had a big boost to resolution. I haven't checked out the new LIs for Wardens yet. Otherwise your healing line, especially against a boss is s-p + s-sp-s + s-sp-s-sp you can add an s on the next one, and these should keep you up unless they have an insta kill. Use your fist masteries to shoot off some dots and back to the heal line for tough combat.

Overall, the Warden is a lot of fun, I race changed to a High Elf, I was very close to rerolling because 5% light damage, and sword damage? Yum, but not necessary. There is a fun factor to Hobbits any class really that is more valuable than 5% more damage, so take that as you will.

Masteries are key, as well as thinking about the next group, your pre built gambits on mobs that are dying will not fade so long as you are in combat, so launch a jav at the next group to stay in combat. You can easily just stay in combat forever as a Warden, our gambits do not have cooldowns, the masteries do, but hey, I build them manually a lot as well. Use shield spikes for extra fun, but not needed.

Nothing is more fun that running around grabbing lots of melee mobs while building my Resolution line and pull it off once I have grabbed a lot, I hit my defensive oh poop skill, and then start the BoD line while Resolution keeps my health up. Depending on your traits you will also get life back when mods die, which happens a lot.

Have fun, I hope the new LIs are great, they should be better than what we had before. Things to look for for tanking or improving your tankiness would be extra heal ticks, that would also boost your offense, allowing you to sneak in some dots into your healing based I don't want to die right now rotation. I am not the best warden by a long, long, long, long shot though, so go to LotroHQ and try building towards their builds and work on your keybinds to ensure you can do what you want while moving.