We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please remove maxumum level requirements from items.

Right after currency caps, maximum item level requirements has got to be the worst addition to the game.

I kind of remember when Mordor cam out, and you hit level 105 all of a sudden I was naked when I hit the maximum level of the armor I was using.
    This seems like it will be a major issue with armor like the remmo set. At level 135 you loose the set bonuses, this is the whole point of getting the remmo set in the first place.
    Now we grind like crazy to get a set of armor, then run countless Woe/Ago to upgrade the armor, then it becomes near useless at level 135, this makes me dread any character level increase.
    Possibly there will be a way to further upgrade in the future, but getting at minimum 200 tokes to do another upgrade per character is going to take forever.
    I'd really like to see this game become something more then just running dailies / weeklies / woe / ago / SK.
    Why not just have at whatever level you determine maximum to be that there is something better in the game to be had, so we work for that new item while still using the old items to their full ability?
    It does seem kind of crazy that at level 134 you will be more powerful then you are at level 135.

I also see that this holds true for the new LI system, although I have not seen anyone post to what happens when you exceed the maximum level of an item. Not sure, does the new LI loose the ability of the item that passed its max level? Or is it that that item will no be able to be enhanced until that item is upgraded to a new max level item but still able to be used?

If you are above the maximum level of a tracery, it no longer gives any bonus.

It does not prevent you from equipping the item.

Tested today.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

SSG will be making it where Items with a Max Level to them won't Un-Equip like they currently do but they will lose any form of Bonuses they provide which in many cases will make said Items far less useful once a Player is above any given Item Max Level. This is and been needed from a Balance standpoint for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    SSG will be making it where Items with a Max Level to them won't Un-Equip like they currently do but they will lose any form of Bonuses they provide which in many cases will make said Items far less useful once a Player is above any given Item Max Level. This is and been needed from a Balance standpoint for a long time.
    This is understandable from the standpoint of raid gear, which we are meant to upgrade fairly regularly. It makes no sense for Class Traceries, which will recreate the issue of current level 45-95 LI's in having to rebuild the whole thing all over again once max level has been reached. The fact that the container remains intact is no comfort when you're forced to empty its contents.

The improved secondary stats should be enough incentive for min-maxers to upgrade their Traceries, max level limits force others into it unnecessarily. It should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRaginAsian View Post
    This is understandable from the standpoint of raid gear, which we are meant to upgrade fairly regularly. It makes no sense for Class Traceries, which will recreate the issue of current level 45-95 LI's in having to rebuild the whole thing all over again once max level has been reached. The fact that the container remains intact is no comfort when you're forced to empty its contents.

The improved secondary stats should be enough incentive for min-maxers to upgrade their Traceries, max level limits force others into it unnecessarily. It should be changed.
    We don't have full details but it is being explained that a Player will have 15 Levels after an Max Level to change things before the old Traceries become useless.

The biggest issue is until SSG actually gets Update 30.3 and the LOTRO Community as a whole both in terms of the Players & SSG see this System in the wild, nobody has a proper idea of how things are happening.

SSG really needs to get their info going into Update 30.3 very well thought out, provide screenshot examples, so on and so forth because this is gonna be a nightmare once we get into Mid October with how things are now in Late September.

Quote Originally Posted by W_T_D View Post
    Right after currency caps, maximum item level requirements has got to be the worst addition to the game.

I kind of remember when Mordor cam out, and you hit level 105 all of a sudden I was naked when I hit the maximum level of the armor I was using.
    This seems like it will be a major issue with armor like the remmo set. At level 135 you loose the set bonuses, this is the whole point of getting the remmo set in the first place.
    Now we grind like crazy to get a set of armor, then run countless Woe/Ago to upgrade the armor, then it becomes near useless at level 135, this makes me dread any character level increase.
    Possibly there will be a way to further upgrade in the future, but getting at minimum 200 tokes to do another upgrade per character is going to take forever.
    I'd really like to see this game become something more then just running dailies / weeklies / woe / ago / SK.
    Why not just have at whatever level you determine maximum to be that there is something better in the game to be had, so we work for that new item while still using the old items to their full ability?
    It does seem kind of crazy that at level 134 you will be more powerful then you are at level 135.

I also see that this holds true for the new LI system, although I have not seen anyone post to what happens when you exceed the maximum level of an item. Not sure, does the new LI loose the ability of the item that passed its max level? Or is it that that item will no be able to be enhanced until that item is upgraded to a new max level item but still able to be used?
    Sorry but....

This is the nature of any and all MMOs? New levelcap = new and better gear, ergo, everything from the previous levelcap should now be replaced with something better. The grind for gear and setbonuses was done for content at the previous levelcap, not for you to continue to use indefinitely throughout the remainder of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Sorry but....

This is the nature of any and all MMOs? New levelcap = new and better gear, ergo, everything from the previous levelcap should now be replaced with something better. The grind for gear and setbonuses was done for content at the previous levelcap, not for you to continue to use indefinitely throughout the remainder of the game.
    Most MMOS don't go so far as to deliberately tear up previous parts of the game under the goal of satisfying the above.

Especially in newer ones, they have systems in place where rewards from other pieces of content are still useful.

SSG are unique in the industry where they go as far as to remove items and break entire content updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    SSG are unique in the industry where they go as far as to remove items and break entire content updates.
    I wouldn't say they are unique in that regard at all, I can think of many other games in which there is such a huge jump in stats between levelcaps that you would be stupid to be wearing gear from the previous cap; and from a certain standpoint it does make perfect sense, I mean, let's be real, it was stupid that for a Hunter during throne you wore level 85 gear (or 75 I don't remember, it was one of the two at least). They don't have the time to go back and alter set bonuses, and also, if they were to, in doing so, that alters the endgame at those level caps, which would then go on to impact things like the legendary servers and slow-kinships.

Breaking entire content updates is something else entirely, and something lotro is famous for and has been this way since ~105/115, if it's not the current level cap, it's irrelevant, which is a total marketing ploy to force people to pay for the newest content.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRaginAsian View Post

Then we have the same as today, players who don't care much and just use what drops/is rewarded fall behind never to catch up. Besides think of the incentive to run these instances. There needs to be a reset just like with gear.

Also concerning maximum level on gear, just stop the bonus on said gear. I have found myself "naked" due to that and it is no fun.

I wouldn't say they are unique in that regard at all, I can think of many other games in which there is such a huge jump in stats between levelcaps that you would be stupid to be wearing gear from the previous cap; and from a certain standpoint it does make perfect sense, I mean, let's be real, it was stupid that for a Hunter during throne you wore level 85 gear (or 75 I don't remember, it was one of the two at least). They don't have the time to go back and alter set bonuses, and also, if they were to, in doing so, that alters the endgame at those level caps, which would then go on to impact things like the legendary servers and slow-kinships.

Breaking entire content updates is something else entirely, and something lotro is famous for and has been this way since ~105/115, if it's not the current level cap, it's irrelevant, which is a total marketing ploy to force people to pay for the newest content.
    I'm referring to the habit of, going by your example, changing it so no Hunter can ever use the set-bonuses again- even at 105. Items stripped from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Also concerning maximum level on gear, just stop the bonus on said gear. I have found myself "naked" due to that and it is no fun.
    I believe this now plans to be their approach going forward, rather than gear being unequipped, just to disable the set bonuses, I'm sure this was confirmed as to what would happen in relation to our current Lv130 gear.

I'm referring to the habit of, going by your example, changing it so no Hunter can ever use the set-bonuses again- even at 105. Items stripped from the game.
    I don't know when they've ever done that, except for the Osgiliath & Pelennor gear [in regards to set bonuses], and that was by no means a precedent, it didn't happen before and hasn't happened since. If we want to talk about the lv85 gold items, they were removed in a loot overhaul, which removed a wealth of unique loot, but you can hardly perceive that as them purposefully targetting that kind of gear, rather just to streamline loot to make it easier for them.

I don't know when they've ever done that, except for the Osgiliath & Pelennor gear [in regards to set bonuses], and that was by no means a precedent, it didn't happen before and hasn't happened since. If we want to talk about the lv85 gold items, they were removed in a loot overhaul, which removed a wealth of unique loot, but you can hardly perceive that as them purposefully targetting that kind of gear, rather just to streamline loot to make it easier for them.
    Add the Thrang armour for 115, T5 Cloaks from Thikil Gundu, Featured Instance Armour and Jewellery it starts to add up.

Add the Thrang armour for 115, T5 Cloaks from Thikil Gundu, Featured Instance Armour and Jewellery it starts to add up.
    But it depends whether you classify this as "being removed", or just a system not maintained and then replaced with something else. Thrang 115 stuff has been redone again at 120 and then 130, so not sure what you mean by that? And the T5 Anvil stuff, has anyone done it T5 enough since the new level cap to see if they're even still there, and again, even if they are or aren't, why would you use them from the previous level cap?

I see people say that you should be forced to upgrade to the new armors.
    The biggest problem is that when a new character level cap is made, my main characters will hit that cap in a few days.
    Most likely there will be no new set armor to be had for probably a few months.
    It should be that you need to upgrade your weapons and armor due to the item level being too low to be sufficiently effective against the mobs you are fighting.
    It should not be that you are forced to upgrade due to your items no longer functioning as they did prior to hitting a max level.
    It should not be that at one level say 134 you are godly, then you hit 135 and are instantly a noob, keep in mind much of the character build is depending on these set bonuses to stats and skills.
    With the new LI's it seems these traceries are caped every 10 levels. Kind of seems like the old legendary items that needed to be totally replaced every 10 levels, so much for items that grow with you.
    Except that the old LI's did not loose any abilities at their max item level, there just was a better LI to replace it with, so you started the grind all over again.
    Then there was imbuing which truly had the item grow with you. Not perfect, a royal PITA adding hundreds of SOE's and dozens of crystals to a new LI, but it worked.
    Now it looks like we are going back to grind and replace. Not sure what the final outcome will be as I have not seen anyone post their experience out leveling their new LI.

But it depends whether you classify this as "being removed", or just a system not maintained and then replaced with something else. Thrang 115 stuff has been redone again at 120 and then 130, so not sure what you mean by that? And the T5 Anvil stuff, has anyone done it T5 enough since the new level cap to see if they're even still there, and again, even if they are or aren't, why would you use them from the previous level cap?
    The level 115 Armour was not reintroduced for 120/130.

I'm talking about the "Ancient" sets. Also, I'm talking about the tier 5 capes from Thikil-Gundu, not Anvil.

Sorry but....

I am totally fine with new level cap newer and better gear. This should be the driving force to upgrade, newer and better gear. There will be new set items to be had, with similar bonuses.
    The gear I currently use is great for level 130 level cap. It will not be useful for level 140 level cap even with set bonuses because it is level 130 gear. There is no way it could be used indefinitely throughout the remainder of the game as you say. I am not saying that you should be able to constantly upgrade your gear, i am saying your items should not hit some max level and break.

It seems all the gear and jewelry I'm currently using looses the set bonuses at level 135. My character builds are based on the set bonuses, when these are lost at level 135 I will be tremendously weaker then when at 134. The amount of effort required to get upgraded remnmo armor, SK earrings, Bloody threshold T3 jewelry, is incredible. Just to have it all wiped out when you get to level 135 is crushing. And when I hit 135 there will be no new set items to be had. This is always the case, the instance and raid gear greatly lags behind then new content introduction.

Its just that you work so hard to get to where you are to have it all striped from you when you hit a certain level. Items should not instantly cease to work at some max level. They should just slowly fade away by being less useful because of their low level and that there are better items to be had at the new max level. These max level restrictions only seem to hurt the more hardcore players, casual players will never notice this as they only have landscape and bartered common gear.
    Last edited by W_T_D; Sep 28 2021 at 12:09 PM.