We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Beta 3 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED

Thank you all for your participation and feeback!

Server Opening Time: Wednesday, 09/22 12:00 PM EDT
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 09/24 ~5:00 PM EDT (Subject to Change)

Report A Bug
    Guide to the Eyes and Guard Tavern
    Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on any LOTRO Launcher.
    *Please note the database has been wiped!* Any characters created or copied before 11:00 AM EDT 09/22/21 are no longer available on Bullroarer.

Bullroarer is open for a look at Update 30.3, specifically focusing on the Brawler class and the New Legendary Item System.
    Please refer to these threads:
    Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Early Beta 1
    Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Beta 2

Release Notes

• The 09/23 update addresses the unequipping of weapons and adds the missing band of Traceries to the barter vendors
    • Instrument Carry-alls have had their maximum stack sizes increased. Smalll and Medium Instrument Carry-alls can now hold up to 20 of the same instrument (increased from 5), while the Large Instrument Carry-all can now hold up to 50 of the same instrument (increased from 12).

Brawler

• New Fulcrum trait, "Invite Mayhem" adds a Morale bubble to Brawler taunt skills
    • Crafted Battle-gauntlets have been added for Weaponsmith crafting tiers 1-5

Legendary Items

• Adjusted Tracery deconstruct values and costs.
    • You can no longer co-equip old LI's with new LI's. Don't cross the streams...It would be bad.
    • Gobeth Teithian, the Archive of Traceries in The Last Homely House in Rivendell is now open to all players who have obtained the title of Seeker of Deep Places

KNOWN ISSUES

• The Archive door is requiring you to have completed V2B1C13 in order to use it, which is preventing Valar'd characters from entering. We hope to have this addressed soon. For a workaround on Bullroarer you should be able to visit Stumpy the Balrog in the basement of the E&G Tavern and finish the skip V2B1 quest
    • Volume II, Book 1, Chapter 11: Forged Anew: The quest does not advance after reforging your weapon, blocking progress.

Please keep in mind much is still in development, and many changes may not have notes here.
    All costs are placeholder.
    All Feedback in encouraged and Bugs are welcome!
    Please continue the existing threads with your Feedback, and as always thank you for your participation!
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Sep 24 2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Quality Assurance Tester
    Standing Stone Games
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Cool

Awe, fudge. Here I spent the better part of 2 hours last week figuring out hybrid builds min/max and pretty much the only thing here new is to forbid them. You’re no fun.

If you remember they had to cross the streams to defeat the final boss.

Warden healing gambits are still completely borked (no change since Beta 1).

11 out of 26 Warden class legacies are complete garbage for all specs.

16 out of 26 Warden class legacies are complete garbage for Blue spec.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

[B]KNOWN ISSUES

You can no longer co-equip old LI's with new LI's. Including old hunter weapons. Can only use your bow or main hand LI 1 at a time

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2_184810_0.jpg

Scrap that. You cant even keep 1 old LI equipped. Hunter li's get unequipped after 5 min (even in mid combat)

Rk's gets 1 unequipped on logon. But can re-equip. When taking off satchel. Equipping stone and then satchel.
    Champ same as RK. Yet it happens on every login/relog
    Hunter non-imbued LI has no issue.
    Last edited by squirle; Sep 22 2021 at 01:18 PM.

+1 to Warden issues above. Also nothing on Champs?
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning

Hi,

Thank you for another beta this week. Currently, I hope SSG would spend time on addressing these issues:

* The New LI system:
    + First, players are still being kept in the dark how the conversion from the current LI's ingredients to the new ones. It is a critical issue. This is Beta 3 and we have no clue what will happen when the new LI comes to live servers.

+ Second, traceries should not have maximum level restriction. The maximum level restriction (95 and 140) contradicts what SSG announced: to give players more choices to customize their LIs. Minimum level requirement is absolutely reasonable; however, please leave the choice of upgrading the traceries or not in the hands of players. Additionally, because of maximum level restriction, there is no suitable traceries for level between 96 to 120.

+ Third, how can we get ancient scripts except deconstructing dropped traceries in instances? Unlike the current LI system, legacies come with the LI at the beginning. Now we need to slot new LI with traceries, which are only obtained by bartering with ancient scripts. The Moria quests have not given any clue about how characters at lv50 can get the ancient scripts and begin to build their own LIs.

+ Fourth, it will be nice if SSG give description of how many stats each Enhancement Rune contribute to the traceries. At level 121, there are 3 types of Enhancement Runes. Players have the rights to know before bartering them and using them on their own LIs.

+ Last, the current UI for the new LI system is still the same. When double click on a traceries, the system gives an error "You do not have any valid item to use that on". Hence, we need to use drag the LI to the essence slot, then drag the tracery to the panel. We hope SSG will figure out the way soon.

* The Brawler class:

+ The Brawler still have class icon and skill icon as Beorning.

+ The new Mettle Metric is nice.

+ Still no class's support/consuming items for the Brawler.

+ For the class quests: it is just my opinion, it would be more interesting if the "Rough Fellow" in the level 15 quest are Brawlers, too.
    Last edited by danquanngaytho; Sep 22 2021 at 02:05 PM.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Release Notes

• The majority of work has been bug fixes, polishing, and balancing so while the Release Notes are lean, quite a bit of work has been done.

Surely there must be internal version tracking that would allow you to give some sense of what has been updated/changed/fixed? Atleast provide basic info for your beta testers.

The set bonus from the "Ascendent Frost" legacy still gives a fire damage bonus.

Reported last beta. Not fixed.

Also, why is there no Word of Craft with Critical Defense Rating?

< No Dorfs >

I knew I should have screen shotted abilities last beta so I could compare to this beta.... Going to be wild guesses with tuning number I suppose. Really hoping for hunter down tuning or capt/champ/rk/guard uptuning.

Release Notes

• The majority of work has been bug fixes, polishing, and balancing so while the Release Notes are lean, quite a bit of work has been done.
    In a game with more than 14 years of content, you want your users to go and find the bugs, polishes, and balance for classes that have been around since 2007 and a weapon system first introduced in 2008? There's no direction here. The changes to classes, traits, and playstyle literally go back to launch; And the changes to the LI System, not long after that.

You do realize how this comes off right? Did anyone from UX flag this? A majority of LOTRO players who still give feedback are growing increasingly burnt out as it already feels our feedback is not received, recognized, or appreciated. If we're choosing to spend our time to help you troubleshoot an update, it should at least be met with some respect that includes a clear direction, which at the very least can be solved by some internal reporting procedures and external communications practice.

What is the point of having these testing periods without clear intentions and focus on what should be tested? Why should any player invest their time into a test server when it feels this lazy?

You can no longer co-equip old LI's with new LI's. Don't cross the streams...It would be bad.
    Does this mean that our bridles will stop working as soon as we equip any new LIs? Will I have to unequip all my weapons every time I want to use my warsteed?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4215 View Post
    In a game with more than 14 years of content, you want your users to go and find the bugs, polishes, and balance for classes that have been around since 2007 and a weapon system first introduced in 2008? There's no direction here. The changes to classes, traits, and playstyle literally go back to launch; And the changes to the LI System, not long after that.

You do realize how this comes off right? Did anyone from UX flag this? A majority of LOTRO players who still give feedback are growing increasingly burnt out as it already feels our feedback is not received, recognized, or appreciated. If we're choosing to spend our time to help you troubleshoot an update, it should at least be met with some respect that includes a clear direction, which at the very least can be solved by some internal reporting procedures and external communications practice.

What is the point of having these testing periods without clear intentions and focus on what should be tested? Why should any player invest their time into a test server when it feels this lazy?
    Yeah, personally I can't even tell beyond small things with say the Brawler Class and Icons being different and I didn't personally test any other Classes during this Preview.

Overwhelm us with information so we know where you've done things and what to expect in terms of what was a previous Preview and a current Preview for the Content being presented and where adjustments and additions are.

Otherwise this was an overall wasted series of Previews and so far this Beta Previews for the New LI System and Brawler Class have been very large steps backwards in the LOTRO Community's ability to provide Feedback when the Feedback we need from SSG is barebones.

Otherwise this was an overall wasted series of Previews and so far this Beta Previews for the New LI System and Brawler Class have been very large steps backwards in the LOTRO Community's ability to provide Feedback when the Feedback we need from SSG is barebones.
    It's pretty clear that they have only the vaguest idea of what's going on themselves...

< No Dorfs >

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Please keep in mind much is still in development, and many changes may not have notes here.
    Why not? How do you keep track of your changes if you don't have a change log?

Quote Originally Posted by SingularityNow View Post
    Why not? How do you keep track of your changes if you don't have a change log?
    And how are we supposed to know what is intentional and what is not...

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    And how are we supposed to know what is intentional and what is not...
    Yeah, it's a huge lack of planning issue. Asking players to go and source out all of the game's bugs, which in its current live version there are an overwhelming amount, and not giving much direction is just a waste of time for everyone. I'd recommend not spending your time until they give some key areas of focus with specifics. Direct skill names, instances, traits, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4215 View Post
    Yeah, it's a huge lack of planning issue. Asking players to go and source out all of the game's bugs, which in its current live version there are an overwhelming amount, and not giving much direction is just a waste of time for everyone.
    If you believe their professed goal of collecting player feedback and testing to improve the quality of the game, the way they approach it is inexplicable.

If instead you suppose that their goal is to create the illusion of responsiveness to feedback, while ensuring that said feedback does not jeopardize the deadlines set by their bosses, what we've seen these past weeks makes perfect sense.

< No Dorfs >

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    If you believe their professed goal of collecting player feedback and testing to improve the quality of the game, the way they approach it is inexplicable.

If instead you suppose that their goal is to create the illusion of responsiveness to feedback, while ensuring that said feedback does not jeopardize the deadlines set by their bosses, what we've seen these past weeks makes perfect sense.
    Sadly but not unexpectedly I think this is exactly it. Given the nonchalant patch notes for this round and the lack of any focus direction I think it is now a case of get it out regardless and worry about it later. I think very little will change when it comes to live.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

-> You can no longer co-equip old LI's with new LI's. Don't cross the streams...It would be bad.

I tried on 3 different chars. hunter (old main, new bow), rk (old stone, new class), champ (old main, new class). Never rejected or changed the hybrid equipment. Through combat, multiple logouts, logins, waiting 15 minutes doing nothing, mounting/dismounting steed. All combos worked and stayed active -> old/new, new/new, old/old. I guess I'm just not good at finding this feature.

I mentioned this previously in an older thread, but we recognize that we need to provide better information for patch notes. To be clear, this is by no means Kehleyr's fault! While we do have a change log, the level of detail provided in commits isn't always sufficient to understand all of the particular changes, and the number of files being touched means that tracking everything down is not a feasible task as it stands. What Kehleyr is doing here is out of the goodness of her heart, and is not her job - it's not really anyone's actual job at the moment, which is only part of the problem.

There's some work that we're doing on the backend to improve our ability to track this stuff better, but there's a lot of practices internally that we'll need to improve upon before we'll be able to get the quality of information we should be providing on a consistent basis. I'm sorry that we're not there yet, but it is a problem we're aware of and are actively working on.

Thank you for your assurance.

As I've been doing every build now, rolled a new Brawler to see changes and level to 45 to test Moria intro IL acquisition:

• Brawler Mettle UI is nice
    • Several skills still have text, no icon. Several skills use other class icons on both skill bar and effect buffs.
    • Joy of Battle-Damage did not give a "stacking damage buff with each hit taken" as I was running away from the Watcher. The flavor text says "with each attack skill you use." Which is it?
    • Moria intro ILs are no longer level 50 required, but the first tracery granted still is. NONE of the first tier IL stuff should have a min level requirement. It should only have the Seeker of Deep Places trait requirement.
    • Snar was able to reforge my new IL, but the intro quest never updated to allow me to proceed. Perhaps it also requires slotting the rewarded tracery, but that has a level 50 requirement, and I'm trying to test this at 45.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

As the staff mentioned in the other thread, the intro LI quest currently blocks the progress until they can figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    • Moria intro ILs are no longer level 50 required, but the first tracery granted still is. NONE of the first tier IL stuff should have a min level requirement. It should only have the Seeker of Deep Places trait requirement.
    • Snar was able to reforge my new IL, but the intro quest never updated to allow me to proceed. Perhaps it also requires slotting the rewarded tracery, but that has a level 50 requirement, and I'm trying to test this at 45.
    Bumped to 50, was able to slot the first heraldry and class tracery, but no new Reforge was available, and the quest did not update to allow me to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by danquanngaytho View Post
    As the staff mentioned in the other thread, the intro LI quest currently blocks the progress until they can figure out.
    Apparent now, but not mentioned in these notes, so I tried it anyway. Hopefully fixed next week.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast