We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hello everyone! New player, tinkering around with classes and reading. Wanting to say Hello :).

So I am a very Casual Middle Earth fan. However besides that I love fantasy. So this fits me PERFECTLY. I have attention issues so I haven't read all the parts of the books. I have watched all 6 Jackson films. Loved them all.

Currently played a Champion to 16-17 but gonna start fresh after my Windows 10 install completes. Rolling a Captain, sound a bit more "fun".

Tolkien btw is/was a genius, he created so much!

This community seems so nice, helpful, and open to newbies .

I hope I can fit in. Lastly, I need to pick a populated server...any ideas? Thank you so much for reading!

Oh and, I am subbing at least for a month to VIP, is that ok? I think it is, helpful for newbies...i would like to try it atleast once.
    Last edited by layde; Sep 15 2021 at 11:43 AM.

Welcome to LOTRO.

Remember to take the time to smell the roses.

A link to help you learn about LOTRO, and to aid you in your LOTRO adventures - www.Lotro-wiki.com

As for a server recommendation, it would be of help to know where you are located (country is enough), what you want to do (Casual, Solo, Group, Raid, Role Play, play music as an aside, etc).
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf_theold View Post
    welcome to lotro.

A link to help you learn about lotro, and to aid you in your lotro adventures - www.lotro-wiki.com

)

tyvm!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Welcome to LOTRO.

A link to help you learn about LOTRO, and to aid you in your LOTRO adventures - www.Lotro-wiki.com

As for a server recommendation, it would be of help to know where you are located (country is enough), what you want to do (Casual, Solo, Group, Raid, Role Play, play music as an aside, etc).
    hey gandolf, question:

Would it be "weird" for a Guardian who solo's mostly to wield a 2h hammer? the RP of that sounds great!!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by layde View Post
    hey gandolf, question:

Would it be "weird" for a Guardian who solo's mostly to wield a 2h hammer? the RP of that sounds great!!! haha
    Not weird, but you will lose access to several skills that require a 1H weapon plus shield. Since these are pretty high damage skills you'll kill stuff a bit slower. Having said that, I soloed a Guardian to 130 with a 2H sword.

You will want to keep a 1H and heavy shield handy both for the occasional tougher content and also to use those shield skills to gain access to a few more trait points. (There are 8 trait points you can gain by completing three skill uses a bunch of times for each.)

Very important to go VIP for at least 1 month because every character that logs in, even for a second, while VIP gets a bunch of stuff unlocked. Buying those unlocks in the store for a single character costs as much in point purchases as 1 month of VIP. So when you are VIP you should create EVERY character you might possibly want to play on EVERY server you might want to play on. Just create, enter game, and log right back out.

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Awesome, def becoming a VIP soon!!!

Welcome to LOTRO.

My Location is East Coast United States. I'd like to just interact in any fashion for now.

Hi! I'm also super new. I tried playing a long time ago and got distracted, and very randomly I got on a new lord of the rings kick where it's all I want to consume, so here i am, lmfao. I picked a terrible time to pick it up though- i literally just gave birth three weeks ago. I'm on maternity leave. I'm even typing this one-handed while i hold him so he can get some sleep (he's a bit fussy today, and his dad and i take turns). I also logout literally the second he cries, so my play log would probably look hilarious XDDD

GOOD TIME TO PICK UP AN MMO LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Darkovika View Post
    Hi! I'm also super new. I tried playing a long time ago and got distracted, and very randomly I got on a new lord of the rings kick where it's all I want to consume, so here i am, lmfao. I picked a terrible time to pick it up though- i literally just gave birth three weeks ago. I'm on maternity leave. I'm even typing this one-handed while i hold him so he can get some sleep (he's a bit fussy today, and his dad and i take turns). I also logout literally the second he cries, so my play log would probably look hilarious XDDD

well first off: CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!!

I am so glad I am not the only newbie, btw LOTR rocks anyway. Esp the Hobbit story, which I grew up with. I got to 16 on 1 character but I had a minor computer crash, hence the limited play time the past week. So as we speak I am re-downloading the game. Going to start fresh (deleting all the ###### ones I knew nothing at the time about) and going to MAX level, well, eventually...lmao!

If you need/want a person to play with, just say so.... I log out a lot too, but no babies hehe. Welcome and Nice to meet you!

My Location is East Coast United States. I'd like to just interact in any fashion for now.

The LOTRO servers are located in Newark, NJ. So any server is good. There are five US servers and five European servers.

Game Servers - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:List_of_Worlds

The most populous is Arkenstone, here you are more likely to find players at your level.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules

First rule of gaming: Family First!

Welcome to LOTRO and Congratulations on your son.

The LOTRO servers are located in Newark, NJ. So any server is good. There are five US servers and five European servers.

Game Servers - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:List_of_Worlds

The most populous is Arkenstone, here you are more likely to find players at your level.
    Arkenstone it is then!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Very important to go VIP for at least 1 month because every character that logs in, even for a second, while VIP gets a bunch of stuff unlocked. Buying those unlocks in the store for a single character costs as much in point purchases as 1 month of VIP. So when you are VIP you should create EVERY character you might possibly want to play on EVERY server you might want to play on. Just create, enter game, and log right back out.
    Replying just to bump this for emphasis. Make a character for every class that could possibly interest you- you don't have to play them, just log in and back out. VIP unlocks are important!

So I am a very Casual Middle Earth fan. However besides that I love fantasy. So this fits me PERFECTLY. I have attention issues so I haven't read all the parts of the books. I have watched all 6 Jackson films. Loved them all.

Currently played a Champion to 16-17 but gonna start fresh after my Windows 10 install completes. Rolling a Captain, sound a bit more "fun".

Tolkien btw is/was a genius, he created so much!

This community seems so nice, helpful, and open to newbies .

I hope I can fit in. Lastly, I need to pick a populated server...any ideas? Thank you so much for reading!

Oh and, I am subbing at least for a month to VIP, is that ok? I think it is, helpful for newbies...i would like to try it atleast once.
    Currently, the game offers all quest packs for free, redeem the code LOTROQUESTS2021 in LOTRO store before November 30th. It will be helpful when your VIP status expires. You will own all quest packs permanently from level 20-130. Just a tip for a new player, if you don't know how to redeem the code in LOTRO store, ask players when you are in the game.

Cheer!
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Quote Originally Posted by danquanngaytho View Post
    Currently, the game offers all quest packs for free, redeem the code LOTROQUESTS2021 in LOTRO store before November 30th. It will be helpful when your VIP status expires. You will own all quest packs permanently from level 20-130. Just a tip for a new player, if you don't know how to redeem the code in LOTRO store, ask players when you are in the game.

Cheer!
    holy christ! I'm honestly surprised they did this again!

I got on a new lord of the rings kick where it's all I want to consume, so here i am
    The Book of Lost Tales

Learn it. Love it. Find out just how much of a genius Tolkien actually was.

Also, congrats on the baby! I have kids of my own, and play LOTRO *purely* for the solo experience. If you're playing games where you can't jump up from your chair and leave, you're doing it wrong as a parent (of small children, at least). Just saying. Thankfully, that seems very doable in this game.

Just imagine. Some day your little one will be old enough for you to read The Hobbit to him. And then a few years later, the magnum opus. Enjoy it!