We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Bullroarer is OPEN
    *Please note the database has been wiped!* Any characters created or copied before 11:00 AM EDT 09/15/21 are no longer available on Bullroarer.
    Server Opening Time: Wednesday, 09/15 12:00 PM EDT
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 09/17 ~10:00 AM EDT (Subject to Change)

Report A Bug
    Guide to the Eyes and Guard Tavern
    Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on any LOTRO Launcher.

Bullroarer is open for a look at Update 30.3, specifically focusing on the Brawler class and the New Legendary Item System.
    Please refer to this thread for a breakdown of how these systems work:
    Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Early Beta 1 - CLOSED

Release Notes
    • Ancient Script currency cap increased to 10000.
    • E&G Tavern: Penfold will now offer quests for the Completion deeds for Shakalush, the Stair Battle and The Fall of Khazad-dûm

Brawler

• Yellow line Skills "Share Innate Strength" are now active and should function properly.
    • The Fulcrum trait set bonus "Flurry of Blows" now functions properly
    • Tooltip for the Brawler Trait "Aggressive Posture" has been updated to better reflect how its bonuses are handed out
    • The trait descriptions for Battle Flow, Enhanced Battle Flow, and Battle Fury have been updated to reflect their actual functionality.
    • Iron Will always overrides Weather Blows if both are active at the same time.
    • New Blue-line trait "Healing Increase." Increases incoming and outgoing healing.
    • Brawler Skill "Joy of Battle - Offence" now triggers based on hitting enemies instead of being hit
    • New Brawler trait "Joy of Battle - Heal" now grants a skill. Heals the brawler upon hitting enemies.
    • Brawler skill damage has been increased

Legendary Items

Beorning Traceries & Skills:

• New tracery: Nature's Bond CD
    • New tracery: Recuperate Heal Pulses
    • Thickened Hide Tactical Mitigation: Tweaked the tooltip for this effect so that it lists the bonuses separately, and added a duration bonus to the tracery.
    • Encouraging Roar: Now benefits from several old mods that were missing. No longer benefits from the Rally heal mod which it erroneously had.
    • Second swing of Beorning Dual Wield abilities now benefit correctly from tracery mods.

Brawler Traceries:

• Quick Feint: Replaced useless damage bonus with Evasion Buff

Burglar Traceries:

• Reduced Mischievous Glee tracery bonus as it was way overpowered.
    • Changed name of 'Gamble Loaded Die Chance' to 'Gamble Upgrade Chance' to reflect what it actually does.
    • Increased healing for Relish Battle and Bob & Weave. May need to change these to tiny % heals to keep them endgame relevant.
    • Fixed a number of skills that were receiving the wrong 'Word of Power' bonuses.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Unslotting and reslotting of traceries will lose all rank advancement. This will be corrected to be a non-loss action.

Please keep in mind much is still in development, and many changes may not have notes here.
    All costs are placeholder.
    All Feedback in encouraged and Bugs are welcome!
    Please continue the existing threads with your Feedback, and as always thank you for your participation!
    Already been said but it's important that you understand that burg relish battle and bob and weave are literally irrelevant at end game. If you want to remove them I won't mind. Burg has plenty of utility and survivability. But if it's gonna stay in the game it needs to be % based or you need to look at endgame numbers because the current numbers are an insult.

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

My feedback:
    1. For the Brawler's class:
    + Nice icons for some skills, please keep this good work. The trait tree should have distinguished icons for the Brawler. Currently, the class uses placeholders from Beorning, Champ, and Guardian.
    + The Brawler does not have any consuming items like other classes such as fervour potion for champ, focus potion for hunter, oil for hunters/wardens, or shield spikes for guard. It is nice if it has one.
    + Brawler's gauntlets below level 95 need more types with a variety of appearances. In Beta, lv95+ box gave more than 7 types but other boxes gave less.

2. For the LI system:
    + Nice implement to apply multiple enhancement runes in 1 click. Thank you for your improvement.
    + Do the traceries and enhancement runes guarantee drop in all tiers and sizes of instances or RNG decides it?
    + I tried numerous instances but only got Word of Craft and Word of Power traceries, no Class Traceries yet.
    + The LI vendor in the Crafting hall currently provide some cool-looking skins of LIs. However, if the new LI system only offers these skins, it will be a huge loss to the current skins.
    + The current UI of the new LI system is not friendly and confusing.
    + I hope in next rounds of beta, we can see how to barter items for the new LI system in landscape and how to exchange our current LIs for the new one. It's a crucial element.

Thank you for reading my feedback.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Is the Bullroarer server open? It’s not an option on the list of servers…

Quote Originally Posted by Benrandir View Post
    Is the Bullroarer server open? It’s not an option on the list of servers…
    Bullroarer has it's own Client that you have to download.

Link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...DOWNLOAD-LINKS

Rolled a Brawler through intro to about 8. New icons are great.

Bumped him to 45 to start Volume II and see if new LIs (ILs) were added, since they weren't in the previous build. They are! But still a bit buggy, so not able to complete the quest. Looking forward to continuing on into Moria in the next build with a fresh LI and seeing how the growth process works.

One thing to mention off the bat is that the quest is completable at level 45, but the IL you get has a minimum level of 50 to equip. That needs to be removed, or the Volume II quest not be given until 50. Ideally, the only prerequisite on the new ILs should be the Seeker of Deep Places trait that you get from the VII quest, not a level at all.

Also, I was level 45 with level 40 gear (and missing a couple pieces due to the unreliable nature of the Brawler equipment available from E&G vendors) full virtues but low class traits and was still able to destroy all the red (+5 level) enemies I faced in the Walls of Moria instance area. While I got a few Deflected hits missed, the ones that did land did enough damage to provide no risk to my health ever. Deadly difficulty is going to be fun (or maybe just average) on Brawler.

I noticed some wonky behavior with Brawler gauntlets not displaying on cosmetic outfits properly. Once or twice when I equipped a new set of gauntlets, they would overwrite the ones I had slotted in my cosmetic outfit. I would have to switch back to equipment outfit and back again to cosmetic to have the right one display again.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Rolled a Brawler through intro to about 8. New icons are great.

Bumped him to 45 to start Volume II and see if new LIs (ILs) were added, since they weren't in the previous build. They are! But still a bit buggy, so not able to complete the quest. Looking forward to continuing on into Moria in the next build with a fresh LI and seeing how the growth process works.

One thing to mention off the bat is that the quest is completable at level 45, but the IL you get has a minimum level of 50 to equip. That needs to be removed, or the Volume II quest not be given until 50. Ideally, the only prerequisite on the new ILs should be the Seeker of Deep Places trait that you get from the VII quest, not a level at all.

Also, I was level 45 with level 40 gear (and missing a couple pieces due to the unreliable nature of the Brawler equipment available from E&G vendors) full virtues but low class traits and was still able to destroy all the red (+5 level) enemies I faced in the Walls of Moria instance area. While I got a few Deflected hits missed, the ones that did land did enough damage to provide no risk to my health ever. Deadly difficulty is going to be fun (or maybe just average) on Brawler.

I noticed some wonky behavior with Brawler gauntlets not displaying on cosmetic outfits properly. Once or twice when I equipped a new set of gauntlets, they would overwrite the ones I had slotted in my cosmetic outfit. I would have to switch back to equipment outfit and back again to cosmetic to have the right one display again.
    /bug does not work on Bullroarer. Please use the 'Submit a Bug' button at the top of this forum.

The Epic Book Revamp for LI has not been implemented yet, so yes, it will be a bit of a mess right now.
    The answer for the Moria Epic Quest Part.

SSG seriously need to get on the front foot of all the negative feedback re champs, wardens etc, at least make a comment and say that we are looking at it, or there are developments in the next beta but to hear nothing instils nothing but fear that they dont care.. and are happy to release a broken update

Man I'm pretty happy with the bones of the new LI system. Looking forward to the forthcoming UI. Having seen some of the rune & tracery drops from instances, knowing they'll have other avenues too incl the "progression track" free & premium however that turns out, not worried about the grind.

All this at the expense of class balance though? I'm worried the juice isn't worth the squeeze--though it's already been squeezed I guess, only way forward is through. But class balance is paramount. I'll do what I can to help define the disparities in the classes I play when the dust settles some and Vastin says go. But Champ's still lapped in this build, less than half the damage of hunters in build 3 even considering that hunters have bodkin/pen shot in their favor for dummy parse numbers. Think folks would be assuaged by some specifics on what's the plan is to fix it or even an acknowledgement of the scope of the problem beyond the generic "this is an even earlier build than you're used to seeing, we have class balances planned, it'll be iterative".

I am also worried about Morgul gold class traceries predictively looking like they'll be better to keep than even teal Gundabad tier class traceries, % bonuses being better than ratings. People don't want to be farming T5 AD for BIS up into early 2022. Golds at least need to be restricted to their level band. Keep the purples and maybe even teals with the broad level range so leveling and casual folks can keep a leisurely pace on the gearing hamster wheel.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Sep 15 2021 at 11:50 PM.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Man I'm pretty happy with the bones of the new LI system. Looking forward to the forthcoming UI. Having seen some of the rune & tracery drops from instances, knowing they'll have other avenues too incl the "progression track" free & premium however that turns out, not worried about the grind.

All this at the expense of class balance though? I'm worried the juice isn't worth the squeeze--though it's already been squeezed I guess, only way forward is through. But class balance is paramount. I'll do what I can to help define the disparities in the classes I play when the dust settles some and Vastin says go. But Champ's still lapped in this build, less than half the damage of hunters in build 3 even considering that hunters have bodkin/pen shot in their favor for dummy parse numbers. Think folks would be assuaged by some specifics on what's the plan is to fix it or even an acknowledgement of the scope of the problem beyond the generic "this is an even earlier build than you're used to seeing, we have class balances planned, it'll be iterative".

I am also worried about Morgul gold class traceries predictively looking like they'll be better to keep than even teal Gundabad tier class traceries, % bonuses being better than ratings. People don't want to be farming T5 AD for BIS up into early 2022. Golds at least need to be restricted to their level band. Keep the purples and maybe even teals with the broad level range so leveling and casual folks can keep a leisurely pace on the gearing hamster wheel.
    They had to shake the table, there was Class Changes with Update 31 coming regardless of when the New LI System brought it's own changes.

We might be in for a bit of time before the table is setup again.

Release Notes[*]Ancient Script currency cap increased to 10000.
    Good change, but this currency should have no cap, the system will be way healthier that way.

Brawler

[*]New Blue-line trait "Healing Increase." Increases incoming and outgoing healing.
    Good change, however brawler still needs a major CD rework and self-healing abilities.

[*]New Brawler trait "Joy of Battle - Heal" now grants a skill. Heals the brawler upon hitting enemies.
    This skill is way too weak to even spec and the CD is way too long.

[*]Brawler skill damage has been increased
    My best parse was actually in the last build which was 110k and I couldn't break 70k today with the same rotation - checked tooltips and it was only a 7k increase which is pretty bad.

General Feedback & Bugs:

Allow all Enhancement Runes to be used for any Tracery upgrade regardless of Tracery level. This change will make the system way more alt friendly and reduce on significant amount of RNG grind.

Beorning:

-5.5% Bee Swarm Critical Defence Debuff legacy does not work.
    Nature's Bond Cooldown legacy increases the cooldown instead of reducing it.

Burglar:

Aim from Burglar is bugged and does not guarantee a crit.

Guardian:

Guardian Pledge took a big nerf on Bullroarer. This should be reverted as Guardian Pledge is a important Guardian cooldown.

Rune-Keeper:

Writ of Fire, Fiery Ridicule, Distracting Flame, Scathing Mockery and Searing Words DOTS are bugged and do not scale appropriately.

Champion:

Critical Damage Multiplier legacy needs to return for Champions. This legacy is very important for their DPS or their skills properly adjusted so they do not fall behind on DPS.

Warden:

Every gambit that begins with a "fist" icon or a "shield" icon seems to lock the warden up prohibiting them from using any skills for 1 second afterwards excluding ranged resounding challenge. Also the gambit builders "wardens taunt" and "shield bash" have the same effect that their gambit counterparts have.
    Since we will be having new expansion soon and our gear sets will be outdated, it would be a great welcome if wardens could get -5s CD to masteries legacy since most of the warden legacies are either broken or not worth getting.
    Surety of death damage over time tracery affects Surety of Death, Desolation, and Spear of Virtue. It does not affect Ranged Resounding Challenge, Piercing Strike, and Brink of Victory. This behaviour is the same as the current legacy, but is inconsistent with the name. Expected behaviour is EITHER to affect all light DOTs, or to only affect Surety of Death.
    Fist gambit damage tracery is expected to affect the initial hits of fist gambits only, which is the same as the legacy. Spear of Virtue and Piercing Strike have 2 initial hits - one common damage and the second is light damage. The common damage hit is affected by the legacy, but not the light damage hit. This bug is carried over from the legacy. It is also not affected by DOT modifiers, confirming that the light initial hit is not behaving as a DOT as some speculated.
    Gambit builder damage legacy does not affect the proc DOT form javelin builder. This behaviour is the same as the gambit builder trait. Expected behaviour would be for the proc to be affected. This behaviour is not explained by the tracery/trait only affecting initial hits (like the fist or spear gambit legacies) because the warden's taunt (fist builder) DOT is affected.
    AOE damage traceries do not affect the initial hit of the recklessness version of warden's taunt (fist builder), but they do affect other basic builders. This tracery should affect basic builders because they affect 3 targets under recklessness. This may be related to recklessness reducing fist builder damage (initial and DOT) to between 1/3 and 1/4 and unaffected by other modifiers.

Minstrel:

-75s Triumphant Spirit cooldown trait from blue line is broken. Cooldown with legacy + trait should be 45s or 33s with the new tracery.
    Inspire Fellows healing is broken. The skill has around 600 heal tooltip at max level.
    +33% Anthem of Composure Tactical Mitigation buff tracery is not working. Using the tracery increases Anthem of Composure Tactical Mitigation effect from 50665 to 50667. Resistance rating part of this tracery is working.
    +55% Echoes of Battle Resistance Rating Debuff is broken. Applying the tracery reduced the effect tooltip from -60k resistance rating to -32k resistance rating. (it should go to around -90k).
    Cry of the Chorus gives only +9% OGH for 10s (43,8% OGH for 10s on live), because "Healing and Motivation Skills Morale Healing legacy" is not part of the new LI system. This legacy was really critical for Minstrels and should return. Cry of the Chorus healing buff should be a secondary effect on the new Cry of the Chorus cooldown tracery.
    Tooltip for "Anthem of War damage buffs" tracery is missing some text. (It doesn't say that the tracery increases ranged and tactical damage too and this could be confusing for new minstrels).
    -120 Cry of the Chorus cooldown (not working and if this was working it would make cry of the chorus a 0 cooldown immediate skill!).
    +30% Anthem of Composure tactical mitigation (same bug like with the tracery. The tactical mitigation is not increased).
    Anthem of Composure Tactical Mitigation (legacy says +870000% tactical mitigation but it actually adds +8701 tactical mitigation to the skill).
    Anthem of War tactical mastery (does nothing).
    Anthem of War physical mastery (does nothing).
    At the moment it will be meta to use unimbued swappy prefights for Anthem of War damage since unimbued legacy gives over twice as much %-mastery as the new traceries.
    Rank 4 Improved Chord of Salvation trait: "Chord of salvation will grant your target 1% of their max morale for every nearby ally." The %-heals from this trait is always applied to the minstrel no matter what you are targeting.
    Healing and Motivation Skills Morale Healing needs to return for Minstrels. This legacy is very important for their healing.

Brawler desperately needs faster attack speed, I can't stress enough how slow the class feels.
    Brawler still needs way more damage.
    Brawler is currently very clunky and slow compared to any melee dps class pretty much. Reducing Mettle cost should be a high priority for majority of the skills.

Enhancement Runes:

The current changes in beta build 2 started looking way more promising and less grindy. I'm still a bit skeptical about it though and I urge everyone to pay extra attention to this as we progress in the future builds.

Please remove the Socket Control panel and create a proper panel for our LIs or use the old panel we had, it's very badly designed and seeing unslot/unslot all everywhere with LOTRO store promotion is something I'm not interested in and please update icons for the new LI related stuff.

Guardian LIs:

Guardian's Pledge Cooldown & Magnitude - this nerf should be reverted.
    Area Effect Skill Damage - this legacy needs to return.
    Guardian Bleed Damage - this legacy needs to return.
    Bleed Critical Damage - this legacy needs to return.

Beorning LIs:

Rush Evasion Bonus - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Turn the Tides Damage - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Chance for Wrath Spending Attacks To Refund Wrath - this legacy needs to return.
    Healing Potency - this legacy needs to return.

Captain LIs:

Noble Mark Damage - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Captain Area-effect Healing - this legacy needs to return.
    Melee Skills Critical Damage - this legacy needs to return.
    Bleed Damage - this legacy needs to return.
    Defensive Strike Armour Buff - this legacy needs to return.
    Healing Critical Magnitude - this legacy needs to return.

Champion LIs:

Feral/Savage Strikes Damage - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Hamstring Damage & Duration - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Critical Damage Multiplier - this legacy needs to return.
    Area of Effect Skill Damage - this legacy needs to return.

Hunter LIs:

Beneath Notice Cooldown - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Distracting Shot Cooldown & Resistance Reduction - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Ranged Attack Evade & Block Chance - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Strength of the Earth Morale Regen - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Hunter Damage Over Time - this legacy needs to return.

Warden LIs:

Wages of Fear Positional Damage - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Defiant Challenge Damage Return - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Resolution Target Resist Chance - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Javelin of Deadly Force Damage - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Ambush Critical Chance & Damage Multiplier - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Adroit Manoeuvre Damage - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.

Rune-Keeper LIs:

Chilling Rhetoric Cooldown - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Target Chill of Winter Resist Chance - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Target Fury of Storm Resist Chance - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Target Shocking Touch Resist Chance - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Target Wrath of Fire Resist Chance - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Healing Over Time - this legacy needs to return.
    Healing - this legacy needs to return.

Minstrel LIs:

Target Resist Chance: Songs - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Target Resist Chance: Ballads - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Target Resist Chance: Call to War Skills - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Healing and Motivation Skills Morale Healing - this legacy needs to return.
    Triumphant Spirit Cooldown & Critical Magnitude - revert Triumphant Spirit cooldown back to 45s with blue line traits + legacy. CD is 1 min 48s on Bullroarer atm.

Lore-Master LIs:

Pet Attack Duration - this legacy does not work.
    Target Resistance: Damaging Skills - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Target Resistance: Debuffing Skills - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Fire Skills Critical Damage - this legacy needs to return.
    Tactical Skills Direct Damage - this legacy needs to return.
    Fire Damage Over Time - this legacy needs to return.

Burglar LIs:

Backstab Damage - this nerf should be reverted.
    Purge Corruption Damage - this legacy is really bad and should be replaced.
    Burglar Bleed Damage - this legacy needs to return.
    Skills Critical Multiplier - this legacy needs to return.

Word of Power Traceries:

These following should be changed or replaced:

Block Chance
    Evade Chance
    Parry Chance
    Partial Block Chance
    Partial Block Mitigation
    Partial Evade Chance
    Partial Evade Mitigation
    Partial Parry Chance
    Partial Parry Mitigation

Word of Craft Traceries:

These following should be changed or replaced:

Empowered Block
    Empowered Evasion
    Empowered Parry
    Exemplary Block
    Exemplary Evasion
    Exemplary Parry
    Greater Resistance

Ascendent Light - gives Outgoing Healing and it's set bonus gives Light-Type damage. Outgoing Healing and Light-Type damage shouldn't be mixed together since Outgoing Healing is useless for DPS builds and Light-Type damage is useless for healing builds. The Outgoing Healing stats on Ascendent Light and it's set bonuses should be replaced with Tactical Mastery.

Warden's benefit too from Light-Type damage so there should be a tracery that doesn't force Wardens to slot Outgoing Healing to get Light-Type damage boosts. For example there could be a Physical Mastery / Critical Rating that has a set bonus for Light-Type damage.

Heraldic Traceries:

These following should be changed:

Heraldry of the Ox - please change physical mastery to some defensive stat.
    Heraldry of the Sparrow - please change physical mastery to some defensive stat.

Brawler Feedback:

Blue Traits:

Retaliatory Intensity - this trait is really bad as most tanks don't care about critical rating.
    Retaliatory Precision - this trait is really bad as in most fights you don't care about BPE anymore unless it's a strong % CD.
    Brash Invitation CD - add 4 more seconds to CD reduce or increase force taunt duration to 9 seconds.
    Clever Feint - increase to 30 or 35%.
    Bracing Guard - increase to 30% incoming healing and reduce CD down to 30 seconds.
    DNT - Hold the Line - reduce CD down to 1 minute.
    Gut Punch - change from This character is dealing -5% damage to This character is immune to 5% incoming damage.
    Innate Strength: Deflecting Technique - this bonus is very bad considering the situation of BPE in most raids and instances.
    Innate Strength: Intimidating Presence - this bonus is very bad considering how easy threat generation is specially with AOE taunt.
    TBD - Iron Will grants additional Tactical Mitigation not working.

Red Traits:

First Strike - needs a major damage bump.
    Fulgurant Strike Cooldown - we should not need to trait for a lower cooldown on interrupt, this should have the same base across all classes.
    Overhand Smash - incoming healing debuff - this trait is really bad as majority of the content does not require incoming healing debuffs, can't think of any encounter I would trait for this.
    Battle Fury - reduce CD down to 2 minutes.
    Innate Strength: Clever Technique - this trait is really bad as we have enough finesse from gear already.
    Innate Strength: Precision - this trait needs significant bump.

Yellow Traits:

DNT - Efficient Strikes - make as a toggable stance.

Blue Line Skills Feedback:

Overhand Smash - reduce Mettle cost to 1.
    Might Upheaval - reduce CD down to 10 seconds and Mettle cost down to 1.
    Strike Towards the Sky - reduce the Mettle cost down to 1.
    DNT - Flex - change 25% Damage to 25% BPE and increase the duration to 12 seconds in blue line.
    Slip Free - reduce CD to 30 seconds.
    DNT - Shrug It Off - increase the DWFP effects target to 3.
    Quick Feint - change +20% Melee Damage to -20% incoming damage.
    Weather Blows - reduce the CD down to 3 minutes.
    Iron Will - reduce the CD down to 3 minutes.
    Bracing Guard - increase to 30% incoming healing and reduce CD down to 30 seconds.
    DNT - Draw a Line in the Sand - reduce CD to 1 minute and increase to 15% mitigations.
    Backhand Clout - reduce Mettle cost to 1.
    Vicious Knee - reduce Mettle cost to 1.
    Helm-crusher - make 5 targets AOE attack.
    Fulgurant Strike - reduce CD down to 10 seconds and Mettle cost to 0.
    Come at Me - increase taunt duration to 10s.
    Brash Invitation - add 4 more seconds to CD reduce or increase force taunt duration to 9 seconds.

Blue line needs strong cooldown rework that's why I suggest all above to make Brawler a competitive tank compared to other tanks we already have.
    Brawler also needs some self-heal abilities, tank without any self-healing abilities is very weak. I suggest adding at least 2, ideally 3 self-healing abilities.

Red Line Skills Feedback:

Overhand Smash - reduce Mettle cost to 1.
    First Strike - needs significant damage buff and generates 3 Mettle.
    Pummel - damage not scaling and reduce CD to 10 seconds, also make the skill able to move while channeling and add 3-5 target AOE.
    Might Upheaval - reduce CD down to 10 seconds and Mettle cost down to 1.
    Strike Towards the Sky - reduce the Mettle cost down to 1.
    Fist of the Valar - reduce CD down to 15 seconds.
    DNT - Flex - increase duration to 12 seconds.
    One for All - remove from red line and make blue line skill only.
    Weather Blows - remove from red line and make blue line skill only.
    DNT - Joy of Battle (Offence) - reduce CD down to 1 minute.
    Battle Fury - reduce CD down to 2 minutes.
    Backhand Clout - reduce Mettle cost to 1.
    Vicious Knee - reduce Mettle cost to 1.
    Helm-crusher - make 5 targets AOE attack.
    Fulgurant Strike - reduce CD down to 10 seconds and Mettle cost to 0.

Red line needs strong damage bump, I was not able to break 90k DPS on training dummy with decent rotation and buff uptime.
    Red line also needs more quick attacks, Brawler has many abilities but because of long CD and big Mettle usage it makes it feel like a very slow based class.

Yellow Line Skills Feedback:

Efficient Strikes - reduce CD down to 2 minutes.
    Last edited by anarky30; Sep 16 2021 at 10:43 PM.

Warden healing is broken on BR. Every healing gambit heals 1/10 of live values. 500 HP on BR compared to 5000 HP on live. Even live values are way too low. It should be at least 4 times that to make it relevant again. Or better yet, make it % based.

With the new LIs tanks are missing out on Tactical Mitigation. About 50k down compared to live. We need some Traceries with Tactical Mitigation and some with more Vitality. Preferably combined.

Please see further champ feedback re the undocumented base damage changes.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...champion-class

Quote Originally Posted by Nubja View Post
    This ui is really bad lol

Can't even see the item tooltip name
    Oh yes, that is awful! Raninia said on a different thread that is all about the new legendaries UI, that they are considering change that UI, by players recommendation. I guess the new UI wasn't ready on time for Beta 2 tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    I like the idea of the tabs, will be something I take back to the team. But there's a lot of continuing work on the current UI - it's nowhere near our internal mocks yet, there're still a lot of pieces coming in. They'll keep rolling out, but it'll take some time, and I'm sure we'll have additional work we'll want to do once the latest iteration of the UI goes live and we get broader player feedback.

Please can you consider adding +Bleed Pulses for Captains as a tracery please, it was previously an unimbued legacy [+9 Pulses], and quite essential to Captain's DPS, this hasn't been carried over and it really needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Please can you consider adding +Bleed Pulses for Captains as a tracery please, it was previously an unimbued legacy [+9 Pulses], and quite essential to Captain's DPS, this hasn't been carried over and it really needs to be.
    Probably shouldn't be carried over, really no reason for a character to apply multiple instances of the same bleed to a single target and long duration bleeds you can't cash out are always awkward. Better off just giving Captains tiers for the Grave Wound bleed.

Captain damage definitely needs boosting across the board regardless.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

I'd be comfortable with a boost to our bleeds equivalent to our lost pulses. It's clear from my testing and others' testimony that red cappy dps dropped. All the while hunters and wardens get a relative boost even after factoring out differences in weapon damage on live vs BR.

Any which way we get a boost, I dont care in an ideal world. But seeing the overall state of champs right now, and separately seeing how they (roughly, inconsistently) balanced just the D between 2H & DW without regard to the DPS--its clear it ain't ideal. Extra pulses is easier to reimplement and will put on less dev burden, damn the presumably negligible effects extra bleed stacks have on server performance. Dont let perfect be the enemy of good.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

I do hope Captains get bleed pulses back, at least. Though honestly over the course of the last year or so even though Captain has remained a vital class for group content I feel the quality of solo play has really dropped with all the changes made to the class added up. It's just not nearly as fun or effective as is used to be in that regard, and I feel like now the new LI system will further reduce it with a lack of bleed pulses, no weapon/emblem swapping, and having to choose between healing and DPS legacies in ways we wouldn't have had to before. Captain used to be perhaps my favorite class in the game and now I'm starting to feel just kind of meh about it. I feel like it's slowly creeping back to being little more than a buff stick for a group that doesn't offer a fun experience as a class itself. It's not there totally yet, but imo it's heading in that direction as of right now. Could just be me though.

Angry Ugh on the "dropped" class traceries

I made a new DPS LI (just kept my existing book for this test) and ran Harrowing instance solo, on my minstrel, to see how my DPS was. Not scientifically, just to see if I could DPS them down noticeably better or faster. Seemed a bit faster, individual skills certainly had higher numbers. I slotted mostly Purple traceries on the theory that it would be reasonable to get these, at least in the short term, in the live game. And I ran the instance at 122 (my usual lazy today or in a hurry today mode).

Being set at a lower level, I did not expect wondrous loot (and I didn't get wondrous loot). I got an Ithilgalad Crafting Box (a "sugarcube" as we call it), 2 "white" enhancement runes (lowest possible, obviously, but still nice to have), and -- here's the "UGH" part -- a minstrel tracery. Specifically, it was that the tracery is "Fellowship tradeable" with the usual count down until it binds, BUT it says it is "Bind to Character". Really? Who on earth would want that? If I'm healing a 3 person or 6 person instance, no other minstrel in the group nor would it do any good for the rest of the group to take it for THEIR minstrel, since it will bind to their hunter or their champ or whatever it is they're playing for the group. Why is it not Bind to Account? I don't think it's because I was going solo, since in that case bind to account would still have the effect of not being tradeable or sellable outside of the specific participants. Even if healing a 12 person group, lately the second healer, besides my mini, is quite often an RK or a Beorning.

It was, BTW, a #### tracery (IMO, of course): Echoes of Battle Resistance Rating Debuff. Useless, and I expect it will be business as usual where the #### legacies -- oh sorry, "traceries" (WHY?) -- drop much more frequently than anything useful. What was that about "less grind"? I'm seeing grind grind grind in every direction I look, and I probably am not thinking of all the directions. We asked for LESS GRIND. Please deliver.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

You can decon the unwanted traceries to get Ancient script to barter for ones you do want...

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    I made a new DPS LI (just kept my existing book for this test) and ran Harrowing instance solo, on my minstrel, to see how my DPS was. Not scientifically, just to see if I could DPS them down noticeably better or faster. Seemed a bit faster, individual skills certainly had higher numbers. I slotted mostly Purple traceries on the theory that it would be reasonable to get these, at least in the short term, in the live game. And I ran the instance at 122 (my usual lazy today or in a hurry today mode).

Being set at a lower level, I did not expect wondrous loot (and I didn't get wondrous loot). I got an Ithilgalad Crafting Box (a "sugarcube" as we call it), 2 "white" enhancement runes (lowest possible, obviously, but still nice to have), and -- here's the "UGH" part -- a minstrel tracery. Specifically, it was that the tracery is "Fellowship tradeable" with the usual count down until it binds, BUT it says it is "Bind to Character". Really? Who on earth would want that? If I'm healing a 3 person or 6 person instance, no other minstrel in the group nor would it do any good for the rest of the group to take it for THEIR minstrel, since it will bind to their hunter or their champ or whatever it is they're playing for the group. Why is it not Bind to Account? I don't think it's because I was going solo, since in that case bind to account would still have the effect of not being tradeable or sellable outside of the specific participants. Even if healing a 12 person group, lately the second healer, besides my mini, is quite often an RK or a Beorning.

It was, BTW, a #### tracery (IMO, of course): Echoes of Battle Resistance Rating Debuff. Useless, and I expect it will be business as usual where the #### legacies -- oh sorry, "traceries" (WHY?) -- drop much more frequently than anything useful. What was that about "less grind"? I'm seeing grind grind grind in every direction I look, and I probably am not thinking of all the directions. We asked for LESS GRIND. Please deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post

The key thing is, people were getting what SSG was saying wrong.

They didn't say there was going to be less grind.

The grind which "might" be reduced is for Casual Players or those who don't care about having the "best of the best".

Without knowing the ratio of conversions of existing mats or from worthless drops I am still worried about exactly this subject. I think you need 1200+ Ancient Script even for a Purple mediocre "new" LI. When we have more information I will be either happier or much sadder. No matter what if I have to start (again) doing MM instances like I have done for over a year (first rep, then sugarcube boxes, then shards, then relic boxes, then shards again -> and always embers...) to get traceries, power, ### (Ancient Script(s)), ... I will be serious unhappy.

Right now I see hybrid mixed new/old LIs being optimal for some classes, some old legacies already gone to 0, and not much information. I see the premise as good, the execution is yet to be decided.

General Feedback & Bugs:

Allow all Enhancement Runes to be used for any Tracery upgrade regardless of Tracery level. This change will make the system way more alt friendly and reduce on significant amount of RNG grind.

Beorning:

-5.5% Bee Swarm Critical Defence Debuff legacy does not work.
    Nature's Bond Cooldown legacy increases the cooldown instead of reducing it.

Burglar:

Aim from Burglar is bugged and does not guarantee a crit.

Guardian:

Guardian Pledge took a big nerf on Bullroarer. This should be reverted as Guardian Pledge is a important Guardian cooldown.

Rune-Keeper:

Writ of Fire, Fiery Ridicule, Distracting Flame, Scathing Mockery and Searing Words DOTS are bugged and do not scale appropriately.

Champion:

Critical Damage Multiplier legacy needs to return for Champions. This legacy is very important for their DPS or their skills properly adjusted so they do not fall behind on DPS.

Warden:

Every gambit that begins with a "fist" icon or a "shield" icon seems to lock the warden up prohibiting them from using any skills for 1 second afterwards excluding ranged resounding challenge. Also the gambit builders "wardens taunt" and "shield bash" have the same effect that their gambit counterparts have.
    Since we will be having new expansion soon and our gear sets will be outdated, it would be a great welcome if wardens could get -5s CD to masteries legacy since most of the warden legacies are either broken or not worth getting.
    Surety of death damage over time tracery affects Surety of Death, Desolation, and Spear of Virtue. It does not affect Ranged Resounding Challenge, Piercing Strike, and Brink of Victory. This behaviour is the same as the current legacy, but is inconsistent with the name. Expected behaviour is EITHER to affect all light DOTs, or to only affect Surety of Death.
    Fist gambit damage tracery is expected to affect the initial hits of fist gambits only, which is the same as the legacy. Spear of Virtue and Piercing Strike have 2 initial hits - one common damage and the second is light damage. The common damage hit is affected by the legacy, but not the light damage hit. This bug is carried over from the legacy. It is also not affected by DOT modifiers, confirming that the light initial hit is not behaving as a DOT as some speculated.
    Gambit builder damage legacy does not affect the proc DOT form javelin builder. This behaviour is the same as the gambit builder trait. Expected behaviour would be for the proc to be affected. This behaviour is not explained by the tracery/trait only affecting initial hits (like the fist or spear gambit legacies) because the warden's taunt (fist builder) DOT is affected.
    AOE damage traceries do not affect the initial hit of the recklessness version of warden's taunt (fist builder), but they do affect other basic builders. This tracery should affect basic builders because they affect 3 targets under recklessness. This may be related to recklessness reducing fist builder damage (initial and DOT) to between 1/3 and 1/4 and unaffected by other modifiers.

Minstrel:

-75s Triumphant Spirit cooldown trait from blue line is broken. Cooldown with legacy + trait should be 45s or 33s with the new tracery.
    Inspire Fellows healing is broken. The skill has around 600 heal tooltip at max level.
    +33% Anthem of Composure Tactical Mitigation buff tracery is not working. Using the tracery increases Anthem of Composure Tactical Mitigation effect from 50665 to 50667. Resistance rating part of this tracery is working.
    +55% Echoes of Battle Resistance Rating Debuff is broken. Applying the tracery reduced the effect tooltip from -60k resistance rating to -32k resistance rating. (it should go to around -90k).
    Cry of the Chorus gives only +9% OGH for 10s (43,8% OGH for 10s on live), because "Healing and Motivation Skills Morale Healing legacy" is not part of the new LI system. This legacy was really critical for Minstrels and should return. Cry of the Chorus healing buff should be a secondary effect on the new Cry of the Chorus cooldown tracery.
    Tooltip for "Anthem of War damage buffs" tracery is missing some text. (It doesn't say that the tracery increases ranged and tactical damage too and this could be confusing for new minstrels).
    -120 Cry of the Chorus cooldown (not working and if this was working it would make cry of the chorus a 0 cooldown immediate skill!).
    +30% Anthem of Composure tactical mitigation (same bug like with the tracery. The tactical mitigation is not increased).
    Anthem of Composure Tactical Mitigation (legacy says +870000% tactical mitigation but it actually adds +8701 tactical mitigation to the skill).
    Anthem of War tactical mastery (does nothing).
    Anthem of War physical mastery (does nothing).
    At the moment it will be meta to use unimbued swappy prefights for Anthem of War damage since unimbued legacy gives over twice as much %-mastery as the new traceries.
    Rank 4 Improved Chord of Salvation trait: "Chord of salvation will grant your target 1% of their max morale for every nearby ally." The %-heals from this trait is always applied to the minstrel no matter what you are targeting.
    Healing and Motivation Skills Morale Healing needs to return for Minstrels. This legacy is very important for their healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn55 View Post
    Is it possible to create a special BR valar box so that it ranks /equips a new character to whatever the level cap is? I know all the stuff is available in the Tavern. but it takes "forever" to run around checking with each vendor and uses up a lot of testing time. Just give us decent "hero" stuff like in the retail valar boxes so that within minutes we're out the door and saving Middle-Earth.
    Go get Free Lotro Points at the Eyes and Guard Tavern and then buy an Aria of the Valar from the in game store then...

Quote Originally Posted by ebench44 View Post
    Go get Free Lotro Points at the Eyes and Guard Tavern and then buy an Aria of the Valar from the in game store then...
    That wouldn't get a person to Level 130 with "decent" gear quickly and what the person was more implying of having "Testing" gear where they just open a box and boom, here is a bunch of stuff to get you up and running gear wise within moments for any Level Cap versus the current method of a new character needing X amount of Time + Items to get it into a usable position.

SSG pls nerf

Dummy Warg says, 'Grrrrr... you dealt me a total of 381,671.688 damage each second over the course of our battle.'
    As a hunter main its awesome to see them doing tons of damage but at the same time DEF needs to be nerfed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast