We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post +Cord of the Rings Friday Stream + Vastin Interview Summary: September 10th 2021

+Cord of the Rings Friday Stream + Vastin Interview Summary: 9/10/2021, September 10th 2021: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1144606665

Content of this Stream:

- SSG LOTRO Team Member Vastin, is on the Stream and talking about various aspects of the New Legendary Item System.

- Q&A from LOTRO Community that Cordovan & Vastin answer during the Stream.

- Cordovan reveals the Logo and Name for the Gundabad Expansion. Lord of the Rings Online: Fate of Gundabad.

- Another Bullroarer Test Server Preview in the near-ish future.

- Cordovan talks about the Content Creator Preview of the Brawler Class & New Legendary Item System and that there was a lot of views, especially over on Twitch.

- 25% Crafting XP Boost through September 12th.

- Final Weekend of Double Bonus Points.

- Final Weekend of Bombur's Bounty on the LOTRO Store.

- Free Coupon, Landscape Soldier Token. Code: AHELPER.

Start of Stream - 00:00:00 to 00:02:19 - Cordovan & Vastin introduced:

- Mostly Hello from both and that this Stream mostly will center around the New Legendary Item System on the Bullroarer Test Server.

New Legendary Item System - 00:02:20 to 00:07:46 - Cordovan & Vastin discussing New LI System Part 1:

- Cordovan explains that the Bullroarer Test Server is wrapping up on Friday, what the Bullroarer Test Server is and how all the feedback from the Content Creator Preview, Streams/Videos along with Forum Feedback has seen a lot of Feedback for this Preview.

Quick explanation of how the Introduction of the New LIs will be when a Character reaches the regular way to obtain their First Legendary Items:

- Vastin: "Yeah, there is a set of Intro Quests and in fact I was just rewriting those literally yesterday to give you the new items that you'll get. Its the same set of Quests as before at the Gates of Moria. You go through there, the Dwarves introduce you to the concept and send you off to Rivendell to go have your Items looked at and tell you how they work and so on and so forth and so I was just (Note: not sure what is said, small background in game noises makes the word hard to hear) the details of those Quests and making sure they grant you the New Items as opposed to the old ones."

Cordovan begins the explanation of the new UI Panel for this New Legendary Item System and Vastin explains how the New LI System is under the hood versus Current (Old) LI System.

- Vastin: "The interesting thing about this Project is what goes on underneath a Legendary Item is completely different now. What they do isn't that different but the way they are put together is completely different, it's actually much simpler now for us, they are dealt with pretty much as Items, as real Items. The Old Legendary Items had a whole bunch of crazy crazy underbiddings that were very difficult to work with. These are very much more like Essences and Weapons of the normal sort but they can undergo a lot of the same development the Old LIs could and they do so in a much simpler way. The big benefit of having them be Items is that the UI is easier to work with, its more familiar for anybody who has worked with any Socketed Items on their Character, it's similar. We now have Type Sockets so you can now have all kinds of different things on an Item."

- Vastin: "The other big benefit is because these are Items we can give you new ones. One of the problems with the Old System is that you tended to fall behind, if you were diligent about constantly working on your Legendary Item you could fall further and further behind and you could get to the point of your are Level 130 and your Weapon is Level 60, it was terrible. It was very hard to catch up, that is just no longer the case. Now whatever Level you are if you feel like your Weapon has fallen behind a little bit you can go and have it Reforged and it will bring the Item up to your Level and if you find new Traceries in your current Content like if you are running through Rohan or Mordor and you are finding Traceries and so on dropping they will be of that Level and you can just slap them straight in.

- Vastin: "So there is no longer this problem of falling far, far, far behind because you can always get new stuff in the new Content and just Slot it over the old stuff. You can also Level it up once its in there using Runes and so on but if you feel that your old one is too far behind you just replace it instead, instead of trying to climb all the way up that ladder, there is no point to that."

- Cordovan: "Okay, yeah, that was what I was gonna lead into is that the process of Slotting Traceries is that you can override if you choose but you can also pull that Tracery out to use it again."

- Vastin: "Yep."

New Legendary Item System - 00:07:47 to 00:11:50 - New LI System Discussion Part 2:

Cordovan explaining that there are 4 Categories of Traceries and that each one of them offers something different for each Category.

- Vastin: "The Class ones which is the bulk of them in the center there, they have your Class Icon, by the way all of these Icons are Placeholder right now, they'll be looking spiffier shortly."

- Vastin: "The Class ones are the most similar to your Old Legacies on your Weapon and so they will tend to give you Bonuses that are very specific to your Skills and you'll be sorting them out pending on what kind of Build you are playing and so on and so forth."

- Vastin: "The Words of Power are more general and they're more Role based so like are you DPS or are you a Tank or are you a Healer and you'll tend to Slot in things that give you broad Benefits like all your Heal over Time Effects or all your Single Target Attacks will benefit. So those are much more generic than Skill based."

- Vastin: "The Words of Craft are mainly Statistical benefits and right now they are almost entirely just Statistical benefits so they're essentially much like Essences or the Old Relics but they also will be giving you Set Bonuses which we can now have on these Slots so if you have 2 or 3 of the same kind they will add together to give you a Bonus. Right now we have a few basic types which give you Buffs to Elemental Damage. They are hard to see right now because the Examination for those isn't finished yet.

- Vastin: "And then the last one which you will only ever have a single Slot of on an Item is the Heraldric Tracery and the Heraldric Tracery basically holds the main Stats of the Item so normally you'd have a set of Stats with your Weapon, your Might & Vitality and 3 or 4 other Major Stats, that's what this Slot does. So rather than swapping out your entire Weapon to get different Stats for a different Build you swap out the Heraldric Tracery and so this Tracery is good for Healers, this Tracery is good for a Might Tank and so on."

Cordovan goes onto the next part of where Players may encounter Traceries, etc throughout the game without pinning down exactly what ways with Vastin explaining more about such.

- Vastin: "Yes, yes, for example I spent a few days just going all the Chests in the game, all the Instance Chests in the game adding in drops for these. The Quests are going to be dropping a good handful of them throughout each Level band. Some Barter Vendors, some Old ones and some New Ones certainly will be offering various kinds of these things."

- Vastin: "Now a lot of this, you will be up against the RNG to get what you want because you always are to a degree so finding the ones you want will be tricky but the other thing we added is in Rivendell there is a new Library that we have built that has and actually where all these Shelves (Tracery Shelves in Bullroarer Test Server) actually go in game as opposed to this Test area. It's a very pretty little Library that they built for us where you can go and indeed Barter for the specific stuff you want using a New Currency and some New Barter Tokens that we created specifically for the New Legendary System."

- Cordovan: "And that Currency in particular is called Ancient Script."

- Vastin: "Currently called Ancient Script."

New Legendary Item System - 00:11:51 to 00:16:25 - New LI System Discussion Part 3:

Cordovan looking at Traceries and Heraldric Tracery and Vastin explaining how Traceries will work based on Level for said Tracery and how there will be Minimum Levels & Maximum Levels for Traceries.

- Vastin: "Yep, yep the Traceries have a fairly wide Level band but they don't last forever so if you get one at Level 50 you can certainly use it up through Level 75 or 80, at a certain point it will stop advancing but you can keep using it for a while after that and eventually you will have to swap it out for something else as it will stop working."

Cordovan talks about some of bugs in the Preview for Brawler Class & New LI System and Slots in the New Legendary Items being locked with a brand new LI on a Level 130 Character and Vastin explains how this works in the New LI System.

- Vastin: "Yes, the locked Slots unlock with the Level of the Weapon. So the way a Legendary Weapon Levels now is as your Character Level increases, every so many Levels, I think its usually every 5 Levels roughly, you will have the opportunity to Reforge your Weapon it's Level immediately jumps up to basically match your Level in terms of iLevel versus Player Level. So if you adjust from Level 120 to Level 130 and Reforge your Weapon, your Weapon would go up from 390 something to 425 or higher in the 400s if it was later in the release cycle. Suffice to say that you go to the Reforge Guy, he increase the Level of your Weapon. That also allows you to Slot higher Level Traceries or increase Level of Traceries that you currently have higher than they are."

- 00:16:25 to 00:23:52 - Vastin talking about Enhancement Runes and Traceries, Word of Craft & Crafting:

Cordovan asks where we will get Enhancement Runes and how to put them onto a Tracery.

- Vastin: "So the enhancement Runes, this is one of the parts that are actually a little bit confusing right now and were trying to find better ways to convey this, the way an Enhancement Rune works is that you drag it onto a Slot and it increase the Level of the Tracery in that Slot. That's pretty straight forward but they come in different Rarities."

Cordovan encounters some of the bugs & issues in this Preview.

- Vastin: "Basically any Ratings type Stat on a Tracery so like your Physical Mastery Rating on Backhand Clout you have there or all the Stats you have on your Heraldric of the Eagle, those will go up as you increase the Level of a Tracery. Usually the Base Bonuses like the Scale Bonuses those usually won't go up, those will go up when you put in a Rarer Tracery. These Slots will unlock as you increase the Level of the Weapon so you won't have to do anything special to unlock the Slots you just have to go up in Level."

Cordovan moves on to the Words of Mastery, the Class Traceries. Tracery Types are Uncommon, Rare, Incomparable and Legendary. Legendary being the best Traceries.

Vastin explains that the Barter System is still being figured out and that the Barter Items like the Cracked Morgul Tracery is a real item. Prices for Ancient Scripts may vary.

Vastin has Cordovan grab a few Words of Mastery for an example. Fist of the Valar Tracery being used for this example.

- Vastin: "So now your Fist of the Valar has -4.5 Seconds off its Cooldown and additionally another 1,361 Might, if you leveled this up the Might benefit would improve. If you wanted to improve the Cooldown further you would have to find a higher Rarity of Tracery."

- Cordovan: "Okay, I had seen that feedback on Bullroarer so that helps explain what that is. In terms of the Level up, generally the bottom Stat is the one going up is that correct?"

- Vastin: "Yep. Yep."

- Cordovan: "And the other ones are done through higher Rarities of that same kind of Tracery?"

- Vastin: "Right, so the goal with most of the Traceries is if you can get the Tracery of the right Type it will give you the most important benefits upfront without you having to done a ton of Min/Maxing. The Min/Maxing is mostly there for Numbers and Stating and for like doing really High End Challenge Content. So if you are just happy with your Tracery as a relatively low Level thing that doesn't give you a ton of Stats then its very easy to Slot out your Weapon is the intent with all the main benefits that you want. It's just if you wanna really put in the work and get a ton of extra Stats on it that's when you start Leveling everything up and going for that."

Cordovan: Are Words of Craft related to Crafting?

- Vastin: "I think they will be, the intent is that they will be but were still working on the distribution for those. So the idea there that you could Craft a bunch of them, not that's the only way to get them but in particular that you could Craft a lot of them."

Vastin having Cordovan checking out other Words of Craft Traceries. There are Set Bonuses on some like Ascendant Traceries for Words of Craft. The rest are pure Stats at the time being during the Build for the Preview.

- Vastin: "So the other big difference between Words of Craft and all the other ones, Words of Craft you can stack. All the other ones are Unique, you can only have 1 equipped at a time even if you have 2 different Items you can't have the same Tracery on both items, it just won't let you do that. If you try and equip a Weapon that has a similar Tracery it's gonna tell you to go hang. So you can't stack up any of these Bonuses with the exception of the Words of Craft those ones you can intentionally stack."

Cordovan explains that things are still in the works and will be fleshed out and answered more in the future.

New Legendary Item System - 00:23:53 to 00:26:16 - Vastin talking about things in general about the New LI System:

Cordovan asks Vastin if there is anything he wants to talk about while Cordovan sees what questions there are.

- Vastin: "Lets see, I mean the overall goal of the System is to make the Legendary Items a lot more comprehensible, the old ones were very complex, there's just a lot going on and for more Casual Players, Players who hadn't played the game in a long time, they were intimidating to get into. There were just like so many moving parts and unique interfaces and odd mechanics particularly for Players who are familiar with the terms when people went to Pre-Imbued to Imbued, this System had a lot of weird bells and whistles in it. This one is much more streamlined, you get your Weapons, you find Traceries, you Slot Traceries, you Level up Traceries, that's pretty much the whole ball game so it's much more straightforward."

- Vastin: "Now there is still a lot of moving parts in it, there is a lot of different Traceries you can get, there is a lot of different decisions you can make about what you want where. You can have as many Weapons as you want, the limititaion on how many Legendary Weapons you can have is pretty much gone in this System, I don't know how many people want 12 of them but whatever you could have 12 of them if you really wanted. It does not currently use the Old Interface at all, we may eventually migrate it over to that but right now it doesn't need it and it doesn't use it because as I said the other System, the Old LI System has it's own entire set of mechanics and just transplanting these ones over the old UI wasn't tenable in our current time frame."

- Cordovan: "Yeah, we saw that feedback on Bullroarer that folks had gotten kinda use to an overview interface for where they could kind of compare their LIs and maybe in this case maybe which Weapons will have which Traceries and all that. So I think that is something that we've heard that feedback and perhaps will be able to work on it in the future but the intention is largely that your going to be improving your Legendary Item through the what is now called the...Cordovan visibly rolls his eyes eyes...Socket Control Panel...Cordovan and Vastin laugh over the name and hard to hear what they say..."

- Vastin: "We are changing the name."

- Cordovan: "But you are going to be funneling through that more then an overall panel you can slotting your LIs into."

- Vastin: "Yes, yes, for the time being certainly. We do expect the UI in particular to be an integrative process that we're gonna be making additional changes as we go."

New Legendary Item System - 00:26:17 to 00:32:07 - Q&A:

Question: The new Class and LI Update coming with Update 30.3?

- Cordovan Answer: "We are going to have a lot more information about when and where you'll be able to both play the Brawler and see this new Legendary Item work but I will say that the answer is largely yes, that this stuff is coming before Update 31. This is going to be actually arriving on the Live Worlds before the formal release of the Gundabad Expansion. In terms of the Class that will mean one thing and in terms of the LI Work that is currently set for Update 30.3 at least this first phase of it."

- Vastin Answer: "Oh yeah. Yep."

- Cordovan Answer: "But that's still a few weeks out yet, at least a few weeks out yet."

Question: Are we going to be keeping the term "Tracery"?

- Cordovan Answer: "So, that's a relatively new bit of feedback we received this week that some folks would like us not to use the word "Tracery". At the moment it is pretty much baked in throughout the System, I don't know if we feel super compelled to change the name. But we have heard that feedback so I don't know, maybe."

- Vastin Answer: "I'm torn, I could go either way but right now they are Traceries."

- Cordovan Answer: "Yeah, at the moment they are Traceries and that's the intended name for that but we'll see."

Question: Is there a reason that 2-Handed Weapons have the same Heraldric Traceries as the 1-Handed despite the 1-Handed getting Off-Hand Stats?

- Cordovan Answer: "That kinda sounds like something that might just not yet be ready to go."

- Vastin: "I'm trying to decide whether to like give them a 2nd Heraldry or give them a different Type of Heraldry with better Stats on them or what. For the time being I am just leaving it as is until I can figure the best answer for that is but I do plan to do something about that. I mean they have higher base Damage which is great but..."

Vastin takes a moment to talk about Champions based on what people were seeing and feedback given during the Preview.

- Vastin: "Oh one thing that I know that a lot of Champions have been miffed about as a note is the incredible amount of Weapon Swapping they have to do because all their Skills respond very differently to whether you are using Dual-Wield or a 2-Handed Weapon and its kinda just all over the map. I just went through and did a pass to smooth that all out over most of their Skills. Like now when you are using a 2-Handed Weapon vs 2 Weapons there will be a difference but it will be relatively small, a few percentage hopefully as opposed to like 30 to 50 percent which is what it was before and in all cases I just increased whichever one was weaker to roughly matched the other. So Champions in particular are going to have much less heartache over the like am I Dual Wielding or
    am I 2-Handed thing. The Stat thing is still a separate issue though."

Question: Will the New LIs have new Titles and Weapon Types of Damage?

Cordovan is mistaken that Titles means Naming an LI which Vastin explains and talks about Titles in his answer. Also technical issues at first for this answer with Discord.

- Vastin: "Titles is actually a little bit separate. So naming your Weapon that works exactly as before, you can Rename your Weapon every time you Reforge. The Titles for the time being, this one, I was hoping to get it in time but I don't think we'll get it in time for Launch. Right now I just changed all the base Items to just do Beleriand Damage so you don't have to worry about it in the short term. It turned out the way that the that the Weapon Damage got baked on through Titles was very special sauce with the Old LI and we weren't able to bring that over in time for Launch I'm pretty sure. So for right now they are going to do base Beleriand Damage and then my hope is that the Heraldries you will actually have different varieties of Heraldries which will change your damage in the future but for right now they are just Beleriand."

Question: Traceries as Rewards does that include Repeatable Quests and Weeklies?

- Cordovan Answer: "I think the answer is potentially right?"

- Vastin Answer: "You will certaintly get the Level up Runes through things like Repeatable Quests in many cases, in some cases you'd get Traceries that way as well. For example, Instances would give you Traceries sometimes particularly on Higher Difficulties, it really depends on the Rarity of the Tracery you want. Repeatable Quests probably will, I was just adding in a System for example in our U21 where the Barter Vendors there you'll be able to buy Traceries there for their local Currency, things like that. So there will be a number of channels throughout the game where you can get them through Quests or through Barter and probably in a few cases through Repeatable Quest but nothing that isn't time gated as a rule, we don't want the Traceries raining from the sky. The Runes will be pretty quick to get in a lot of cases."

New Legendary Item System - 00:32:08 to 00:33:30 - Vastin explains about different Rarities of Empowerment Runes:

- Vastin: "About the Empowerment Runes so people have been confused about the fact there are different Rarities of Empowerment Rune and what does that mean. What that means that, this should be should be showing up in their Tooltips but its not its just a bug right now, each Empowerment Rune will only take your Weapon up to a certain Level over its base. So say you have a Tracery with a base Level of 400, an Uncommon Rune would only bring to like 415, a Rare Rune could bring it to 430, Incomparable Rune could bring to 440 and then a Legendary Rune would take it the rest of the way to like 449, your Cap for that Level band. That's the difference between those Runes, they might also give you different number of points in a few cases. We're definitively playing with the Economy, we have a big meeting to discuss the Economy of these things and how frequently they drop and what the denomination of them is like how many Levels does a Rune give you.

- Cordovan: "They're all 1 Level on Bullroarer."

- Vastin: "Yeah, that's gonna change, pretty certain."

New Legendary Item System - 00:33:31 to 00:38:27 - Conversion from Old to New System and the Early Plan for this Process:

Cordovan Question: All right, I've been doing LIs, I love my LIs, I've got like 6 of them. What do these changes means to me?

- Cordovan Answer: "Right now, this is going to be the System we move forward with. So you are going to be getting these Items real quick here and starting to improve them through really the existing LI Track plus but under this new System with hopefully kinda better mechanics, better comprehension, better gameplay, better overall but you will have your existing LIs at the moment kinda locked into their current place. We've mentioned that we plan to do some Deconstruction here and I think the exact nature of that has been something that we've been discussing in recent weeks but the current plan is to allow for your existing Ingredients as I understand it to somehow to be Converted to in general to the new System if they're valuable and same with the Items themselves?"

- Vastin Answer: "Yeah so the goal is, were not planning on any straight Conversion of 1 to 1 in all likelihood what is going to happen with most of these things is that you can either Destruct them for the new Currency so you can use it to go buy the stuff you want or in the case of the Weapons, I think what were gonna do is you are going to quote on quote "Deconstruct your Old Weapon" but your not really going to Deconstruct it at all, you are just going to say Convert it. Basically you'll lock it in place so that Weapon can't change anymore or be Converted again but you'll get a Currency granted based on the overall Level of the Weapon but that will basically lock that Weapon in place permanently. And then at some point in the future we may actually sunset the Old Weapons but there is probably gonna be a pretty long grace period in between as people transition over to the new ones."

- Cordovan Answer: "Yeah, at least at the moment the Weapon you get, Early October or whenever this stuff ends of happening right, you'll still have it, you'll still be able to equip it, some of the advancement though the intention is largely to keep it where it is, give you the opportunity to Convert as you want to but really the plan is this new System is what you are gonna focus on, we really don't expect you to be going back and doing any tweaking of those Old LIs really once this moves forward."

- Vastin: "So we've been trying to make sure all the most important Legacies from the Old Weapons both Pre-Imbued and Imbued are in the new System so that you can build a Weapon now that uses all the best parts of the old ones. In the cases where the old Bonuses were too powerful for the new System those old Bonuses actually gonna to be toned down so you are going to see some changes in your Old Weapons that reflect how those work in the new ones. Though in any case where we nerfed the Tracery or Legacy of an old one that you liked the Skills that they affected were usually buffed to compensate so you come out right around the same place, the skills would just would be better without them or just about as good with them."

Cordovan doesn't want to discuss Weapon Swapping which has been mentioned a fair amount during the Stream as it is it's own Topic and continues the previous conversation a little more.

- Cordovan: "In terms of sort of the idea we want relative parody between the Legacies you liked and the Traceries we want you to get right but it's a big System that's been going on for more than a decade right. So I imagine we'll still have a lot of work to do to necessarily meet everyone's demand there right?"

- Vastin: "Oh yeah, I mean, almost, most of my summer was spent just Converting Legacies to Traceries and it was an enormous task and I'm sure I haven't gotten all of them, I think I got most of them, that was, I lost some hairs doing that."

- Cordovan: "Especially that is what this Bullroarer is about too and the next one probably as well is to really help identify some of those areas where..."

- Vastin: "Yeah, people can tell me things I missed or got wrong, absolutely."

New Legendary Item System - 00:38:28 to 00:39:44 - Trading & Binding Status of Traceries and Enhancement Runes:

- Vastin: "By default most of this stuff will be Bind to Account however I believe a lot of them if you are doing an Instance run will allow for Post-Instance trading like most of our gear does and before it locks on to you. I'm not entirely certain what all the details of that are going to be but the goal is to be to let you Trade them reasonably easily however I don't think you're be able to take most of your Traceries and throw them on the Auction House, in fact I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do that. I do hope they will be Group-Tradeable within Instance Find (Instance Finder?) and a lot of them will be Account Bound so you can move them around between your Characters if you wish. While you will be against the RNG in most cases when you are opening Boxes or Packages most of that is still Class Filtered and Level Filtered so that if you are a Burglar you aren't going to be getting Captain Traceries."

- 00:39:45 to 00:51:38 - Q&A until Vastin is done on Stream:

Question: What is SSG's expectation in regards to Raiders and Maxed LIs and on the Bleeding Edge and the New LI System and Parity?

- Cordovan Answer: "Because they aren't going to hit Parity on those Items right away because they spent so much time and effort working on them?"

- Vastin Answer: "Yeah, they're probably not gonna be able to hit Parity dead on, that is gonna be the trickiest case for us cause we would like to give them as much of a leap frog as possible based on the work they have done but it will be tough to accurately represent that. So I'm not sure, that is one of the big things we have to discuss in our upcoming Economic Meetings is how to deal with like really full endgame conversion. I think that for anybody who is substantially below that, that's gonna be the much easier case I think, I think people who have old or not very upkept or don't even use Legendary Weapons currently they are going to have a much easier time transitioning in this System. It's really gonna be the super hardcore ones that we have to figure out how to make that happen."

- Cordovan Answer: "I think that is part of the reason why even if most of the old LI Advancement is going away you'll still be able to equip the Item (old LIs) at least for a while here we don't have any exact plans to announce there but you're going to be able to equip this stuff so if it is simply more powerful than your existing New LI well you can use the one that you got until it meets that power level."

- Vastin Answer: "Some of the Old Legacies will have been converted to... Okay this is where things get more complex Design wise. Say you had an old Skill with a +100% Damage Bonus on it, that's above the bound where we really wanted the Bonuses to be for LIs because that's at the point where your Skill is useless, useless, without the Legacy. We don't really want that, we don't want skills to be useless if you don't have them slotted. So in a lot of cases those really big Bonuses were brought down to between 50 and 30% or something like that so the Skill would be useful but not particularly powerful. When I changed that Skill, I have to change the Skill for everybody regardless of what Weapon they are using. So in cases like that where the Tracery wasn't going to be as powerful as the Old Legacy, I just increased the Skill and decreased the Old Legacy so you are going to see that immediately when we Launch. You're gonna be like, oops, my Old Legacy is now weaker but my Skills is more powerful so hopefully that came out in the wash."

- Cordovan Answer: "I know some Currency some people have in large quantities, some they don't. We don't want to get too granular on the Conversion but do we have a thought at this point of what we are going to do with Scrolls of Empowerment?

- Vastin Answer: "Scrolls of Empowerment are gonna be roughly the equivalent of our Runes now. The granularity of the Runes are much finer than the Scrolls of Empowerment were so 1 Scroll of Empowerment is going to be worth a fair numbers of Runes under the new System, that we have to figure out what that comes out to in terms of Currency or whatever. Obviously you can buy the Runes with the Currency so if we give you X amount of Currency for a Scroll of Empowerment, we'll probably just gonna make them Disenchant able into the Currency and then you can go buy your Runes or Tracery or whatever you want with it."

Question: Once these new LIs debut, you won't be able to get the Old LIs?

- Vastin Answer: "All the old stuff is gonna stop dropping pretty much. The only major thing from the Old System that is gonna keep dropping are the iXP, you are gonna get iXP from things that gave you iXP before and the iXP Runes are going to continue to drop. There is going to be a period where that's not very useful, might as well bank them. There is a plan, it won't be for the immediate Launch of 30.3 but with 31 were gonna be introducing this Reward Track that Players can use that will eat their iXP. Your Weapon no longer eats you iXP directly in this System because you just level it up with Reforging but there will be this new UI called the Reward Track, Legendary Reward Track which eats your iXP and gives you a Reward every x beats and that will tend to be Runes, Traceries, Tracery Tokens, and other LI Goodies and occasionally Non-LI related Goodies but mostly LI stuff."

- Cordovan Answer: "And that's intended not for immediate Launch but a little bit after?"

- Vastin Answer: "Yeah that's for U31, thats for Gundabad."

Question: PvMP and the New LIs and that Balance?

- Cordovan Answer: "PvMP is gonna be interesting."

- Vastin Answer: "Yeah, I mean Balance in general, there's been a bit of a table flip here in terms of Balance. So many things are changing that there is definitely going to be some boiling waters as we get the Class Balance and PvMP Balance sorted out, that's one of the reasons we wanted to do this before Gundabad. Because right now were kinda, were at a late game, everyone has done most of their Raiding, everyone is just kinda waiting for the next thing to drop so this is a very good time for us to come in and kinda just shake the table somewhat in terms of Balance because it gives us some time to fix it before we go to U31 with the full Launch and the new Content where people having a more balanced experience."

Question: Ancient Script and how to get it?

- Vastin Answer: "So Ancient Script will mainly come, you can get it as Rewards for (word cuts out), but it will mainly come from Deconstructing things you don't want cause as I said the Traceries in particular are going to be up against the RNGs you are going to get stuff you don't want some times. The more fully developed your Weapon is the more you are going to be seeing things where you are like, I already have a good Trait Tree of this type, I don't need another one, Deconstruct it, get Ancient Script. Once you have enough Ancient Script you can go Buy the specific Tracery you want from the Barter Vendors in Rivendell and if you can get your hands on a Token or something that you can even get a more Legendary version of one of those. Those are gonna be the Rarest Rewards are gonna be those Tokens, because they let you get those high Rarity Traceries are really the big goodies out there."

Cordovan explains that one aspect of the Traceries, Set Bonuses, wasn't seen much in this Preview. This was due to an issue with the Examination Tooltip not showing such.

Vastin's mic keeps cutting out and in-game noises makes parts of what is said hard to hear.

- Vastin Answer: "Yes, so we got this new piece of tech which we haven't been able to use very much yet where Essences can carry Set Bonuses and Traceries are a form of Essence under the hood. So what that means is that your Legendary Item in particularly the Words of Craft are going to be able to have Set Bonus Values on them. We have a few right now but they are almost unusable as they really don't display what they are doing so its very hard to tell, that will be fixed shortly. If for example, the Ascendant Flame Traceries, Ascendant Lightning Traceries and so on, if you equip 2 of those on you, you will (word cuts out) +25% Fire Damage or +25% Lightning Damage all of a sudden, that's a Set Bonus from those. The Words of Craft are eventually all or mostly to have Set Bonuses on them and occasionally as you know special like Instance teaser awards or big Endgame (Mic cuts out) actually expect to have things like Heraldries, Words of Power, Words of Mastery with the occasionally Set Bonus on them so you can kinda extend further by getting those. Those would be kinda like big special, ultra rare Rewards."

Question: Does SSG aka Vastin want to see Bullroarer vs Live DPS Comparisons?

- Cordovan Answer: "Is that gonna help you with Balance or is there really too many changes for that going on?"

- Vastin Answer: "I will want to see that but not quite yet, let us do a little more polish first but yes, eventually we will want to see those, probably pretty soon. Give us another couple versions and then we'll get into that."

Question: Aria of the Valar and will they have New LIs in them? Note for Cordovan: The question was more asking how will bought and saved Aria of the Valar work if opened after the New LI System is out? Will they get adjusted or will they have the items based on the moment of purchase?

- Cordovan Answer: "Were presumably gonna have that come with a new LI right?"

- Vastin Answer: "Yes, thats gonna have to come with a New LI..."

Vastin's audio cuts out for a moment.

- Cordovan Answer: "Oh yeah, remember that thing?"

Cordovan and Vastin laugh.

- Vastin Answer: "Yeah, yeah. Pain in the butt. Yeah, they are gonna have to come with new LIs and we don't have the ability to build Pre-Slotted ones yet so they'll either have to come with a package with a bunch of stuff in it that you can quickly slot which lucky is much easier to do than it was before so that's not like a big deal or just a bunch of Currencies and a teleport to Rivendell so you can go and build your Weapon in it to order."

Cordovan thanks Vastin for spending the time to chat with Cordovan and with the LOTRO Community and begins the wrap-up process of the Stream.

End of Stream - 00:51:39 to 00:58:30 - Final News, Announcements & Discussions:

- Cordovan reveals the Logo and Name for the Gundabad Expansion. Lord of the Rings Online: Fate of Gundabad.

- Another Bullroarer Test Server Preview in the near-ish future.

- Cordovan talks about the Content Creator Preview of the Brawler Class & New Legendary Item System and that there was a lot of views, especially over on Twitch.

- 25% Crafting XP Boost through September 12th.

- Final Weekend of Double Bonus Points.

- Final Weekend of Bombur's Bounty on the LOTRO Store.

- Free Coupon, Landscape Soldier Token. Code: AHELPER.

- Cordovan thanks everyone for watching the Stream.

- Note: Cordovan did show a few moments of the Brawler Class but this was very quick and he didn't go into detail. There are plenty of Youtube Videos/Streams and Twitch Streams which explored what all is Available and Not Working as of the September 7th to September 10th Preview of the Brawler Class.

End of Stream
    Last edited by Harvain; Sep 11 2021 at 08:51 PM.

Future Stream Advice

For Cordovan, in future Streams a few things that will help for the audience:

- Please have all in-game sounds OFF when there is anyone of the LOTRO Team on or if yourself (Cordovan) is alone for a Stream during Key Information.

The Fireworks, people using skills and a few trolling the Stream was annoying and made various points of when yourself or Vastin was speaking hard to understand.

I personally will say that your (Cordovan's) mic sounds good and clear most of the time but other LOTRO SSG Team Members between Raninia and Vastin do not have the best mic audio when talking, ensuring no extra external factors affect what the Stream is hearing is appreciated.

- Give each other a bit more time between comments before anyone starts talking again.

There are moments where Vastin would comment over Cordovan or Cordovan over Vastin. This makes all audio garbled and no clue to what is said.

- Have a Stream titled that you are having X member of the LOTRO Team on along with announcing such more publicly so people know what is going on.

SSG won't be able to answer every question but having more people hear what is being stated by a Key Member of the LOTRO Team goes a long way both in the short & long term.

- Have an indicator on the Stream of who is there with you.

For example: Have Vastin's Name, Title within SSG and then even if a person does not use a Webcam, you can always use OBS to show their Discord Icon so people can have a visual indicator of when said Team Member is speaking. Multiple people on Twitch had no clue there was someone on, had no clue who their name was and had/have no clue who Vastin is and what he does.

If a person for whatever reason has a Discord Icon that wouldn't be suitable for being on Stream (Not saying there are but as an example) you could always have a LOTRO Icon that is dragged over their Discord Icon to the edge and keep the out edge where Discord shows the indication of someone speaking so people in the Stream will have a visual indicator for when non-webcam SSG Team Members are speaking.

- Consider having some premade Scenes setup.

For example, most of this Stream was of nothing going on so having for example say the Patch Notes for the Bullroarer Test Server or the current LOTRO Icon for the main "endgame" (current end of the LOTRO Story) or something else that way any form of extra that might be happening in the background while being logged into a server is not a distraction for either yourself or the Stream.

There was trolling during the Stream and it was annoying especially when trying to go back and listen multiple times at certain parts to get this summary done and having a person spamming skills when Vastin was talking at times was a key one along with the Fireworks that were happening during the Beta Preview. You did eventually turn the Game Volume down more but it should just be off for Interviews.
    Last edited by Harvain; Sep 11 2021 at 08:55 PM.

Many thanks as always for all the work to put this summary together.

Dude, thanks for all the work that you put into this, I really enjoying reading it!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

This was the most informative stream we've had, at least on the granular level I like to get to. Really appreciate you transcribing it again.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Question: Aria of the Valar and will they have New LIs in them? Note for Cordovan: The question was more asking how will bought and saved Aria of the Valar work if opened after the New LI System is out? Will they get adjusted or will they have the items based on the moment of purchase?
    Ah! I will have to check to make sure but in almost every case (or maybe even every case) the things you get happen at the time you consume the item; it isn't like the items are sitting inside of the Valar waiting to be unsealed. So, you click on the Valar to redeem it, it queries the system, and the system gives you the things it is told to give you. So, regardless of when you purchased a Valar, it will deliver the items it is told to deliver upon redemption of the Valar.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Almost surely an old Valar will deliver the old amount of trait points, virtue points, armour, miscellaneous items and the like. Most likely all inferior to what the new Valar will deliver.

The pattern for LIs has been that new Valars deliver significantly better LIs than old ones.

It seems there are two obvious ways to do this. One is to give a LI from the old system and allow the player to trade it in for a new system LI in the normal way. Or convert it to a new system LI. Or whatever the transition rules provide for. The other approach is to give a new system LI but with everything set to level 120 whereas the new Valar will presumably have its LIs set to 130.

Either way works for the player - the latter being easier. Its really a question of what SSG can conveniently do before the new system goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Ah! I will have to check to make sure but in almost every case (or maybe even every case) the things you get happen at the time you consume the item; it isn't like the items are sitting inside of the Valar waiting to be unsealed. So, you click on the Valar to redeem it, it queries the system, and the system gives you the things it is told to give you. So, regardless of when you purchased a Valar, it will deliver the items it is told to deliver upon redemption of the Valar.
    Thank you for the response!

Great job

Thank you for this. This is very much like what Frick used to do. If that "Transcriber of Words" title is still available, they should let you use that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    +Cord of the Rings Friday Stream + Vastin Interview Summary: 9/10/2021, September 10th 2021: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1144606665
    Thanks so much for the transcript.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Thanks this transcript is just what I needed. I'm usually watching the stream but often miss important bits due to getting distracted by family!

Massive thanks, Harvain!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post

Question: Once these new LIs debut, you won't be able to get the Old LIs?

- Vastin Answer: "All the old stuff is gonna stop dropping pretty much. The only major thing from the Old System that is gonna keep dropping are the iXP, you are gonna get iXP from things that gave you iXP before and the iXP Runes are going to continue to drop. There is going to be a period where that's not very useful, might as well bank them. There is a plan, it won't be for the immediate Launch of 30.3 but with 31 were gonna be introducing this Reward Track that Players can use that will eat their iXP. Your Weapon no longer eats you iXP directly in this System because you just level it up with Reforging but there will be this new UI called the Reward Track, Legendary Reward Track which eats your iXP and gives you a Reward every x beats and that will tend to be Runes, Traceries, Tracery Tokens, and other LI Goodies and occasionally Non-LI related Goodies but mostly LI stuff."
    I do have to ask this question after reading this. What's going to happen to all of the old LI skins? As someone who spent over a year cataloging weapon skins (mostly LIs) on my blog for the community, I'm rather concerned. I hope they're going to be made available in other ways, via crafting, skirmish camps, token vendors, or reputation vendors. If not, I'm going to be really disappointed that I wasted all of that time spent collecting screenshots and info.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    I do have to ask this question after reading this. What's going to happen to all of the old LI skins? As someone who spent over a year cataloging weapon skins (mostly LIs) on my blog for the community, I'm rather concerned. I hope they're going to be made available in other ways, via crafting, skirmish camps, token vendors, or reputation vendors. If not, I'm going to be really disappointed that I wasted all of that time spent collecting screenshots and info.
    We don't have an answer for such yet. A few people have been asking.

Personally, I think this is among many of the "ongoing Updates" the New LI System will be receiving.

We'll see, we are still X amount of weeks out before the New LI System is on Live with potentially Update 30.3 in the relatively near future.