We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Issue 219 of the LOTRO Beacon is now available!

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, September 17th. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I always name my LIs, even if their fate is to be destroyed, but I've far too many to list.
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Shadowfax
    Unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Do you name your Legendary Items and what do you call them?

My brawler LI: Handuril

No; I don't name them because I don't have any yet!

yes , some name that sounds interesting and fitting for weapon

yes : Telumendil !

My first character picked a lot of botanical names, and those are some of my favorites: Laurel or Wreath for her guardian belts, and Foxglove, Heather, or Twig for her swords, Ivy for the bridle.

My cappy tried to do yells, but there aren't that many cool ones since Allons-y! wasn't allowed, and I ended up with a lot named 'Chaaaarge' (no exclamation points allowed also kind of killed that idea). So, being on Ithil during its last month when forging her greatsword, she ended up with 'Waning Crescent'. Now on Anor, which is now precisely as empty but with a less-cool name, her sword in the new system (provided I can figure it out) will probably be called something like 'Setting Sun'. 'Twilit Edge'? 'Darkling Dancer'? 'Harbinger of the Long Night?' We'll see.
    Native Crickhollower, also on Anor and Treebeard
    Weirwillow, et alts

My hunters LI was named Kittenguard.

With any long-term LI's I give them some kind of name which goes along with the vision for my character.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

yes - usually random made up names (e.g., "Rinthagas")

My main is a Hunter.

His axe is his "Right Hand".

His bow is his "Folly"

I do not name the fodder he levels for mats.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Never, my main is lvl 75. i'm always switching to new ones

No. They're like a dog with no legs. Doesn't matter what you call 'em, they won't come.
    We began to realize that the horse we rode into town on was not really a horse. It was more of a cardboard cutout of a horse, poorly painted with watercolor paints – and it was raining. - Allan ‘Orion’ Maki
    The man who does not read good books is no better off than one who can't. -Mark Twain
    Never give up! Never surrender! -Commander Peter Quincy Taggart
    Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No...

I try to go for lore-based names. I sometimes look up words in Quenya especially if I'm playing a high elf.

Arnoh, aruvarb, edadlael among others... Its virtues like honour and so in portuguese backwards )
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

Cool

I think I'll call it Pookie.
    Benwhalebutler Wrongtrousers
    THE ELDAR. Kinship of Evernight

Yes, I usually name my characters' LIs. The names depend on the character - I have one that uses forbidden Quenya language, another (a Gondorian) who names his LIs from Sindarin and my hobbit... Well, she gives her LIs flower names

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ... Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, September 17th. Good luck!
    Most the legendaries of my alts have names that are simply a translation of that item or weapon kind to my language. My favorite toons that are all tactical, their legendaries have special names that reveals the force of nature of that legendary kind.

Tuilerie is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Student of Ainulindalë

Of course. Either a name in Quenya or Sindarin depending on the character's background.
    Ealendil of Doriath, composer and member of Lindamar, Vanimar, Laurelin

Nope.

Yup, 1,2 and 3.

Do I name Legendary items and if so, what? OK...

I don't usually name them as I have quite a few alts and therefore a very large number of items you can name. I love to name my +5 Lebathron fishing poles "Most Fortuitous Pole" or occasionally a less creative name like "Lucky Fishing Pole." (I vary the names sometimes and sometimes only slightly and I repeat good names). Love to name Axes that we be wielded by a dwarf much the same: "Most Fortuitous Axe." Makes little sense but have you met a dwarf that always make sense? (or anyone else of any other race for that matter, LoL). So other names are "Valorious Blade of the BattleSage" for a Mini or for a LM. "The Equivocator" for a blade of any melee weapon for a heavy figher: My champ mainly--must be a two-hander though really. But I also turn off naming as I am getting older and can't remember good name potentials and forget them if I don't do them immediately. It is just easier on my mind not to have to do it, so I mostly keep it unchecked and only check it if I feel up to it. Ugh! Leave it simple and easy. I am retired! (but when I feel up to it, I do it well and I have fun).
    Live Simly that Others May Simply Live

I named my primary LI.
    For my guardian it's "Belt with thousand pocket" and "Bandobras spare club".

Yes, I name my Legendary Items, especially bows. I usually call them Cuberion or Quingavarno.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast