We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,085

    Leothred quest line in LangFlood. WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't read if you don't like spoilers.

    I'm currently in Langflood, and just finished the Leothred quest line there, and I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed it. Excellent history lesson. I had absolutely no idea that Eorlingas was named after Eorl the Young. I was stunned. I literally leaned back in my chair and stared at the screen when I found that out. And it all tied in with the horse etched on the landscape.

    I have my complaints about this game, but dang, I have to say the lore aspect is top notch. Seriously, I cannot praise Leothred's history lesson enough.


    Well done SSG, well done.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,855
    I agree. It could have been done better in some ways (too many interruptions in trying to enjoy the lore aspects because the NPC and the quest clickables were too close to mobs) but overall very good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I'm currently in Langflood, and just finished the Leothred quest line there, and I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed it.
    Hope it's not a spoiler to tell you that the story continues in Elderslade.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,943
    I have to agree it's great to get the chance to get stuck into a longer absorbing quest line that doesn't get broken up but ancillary quests doing chores for an npc.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    Hope it's not a spoiler to tell you that the story continues in Elderslade.
    Oh really? I just followed that dude into Erebor, did not know I was going to Elderslade! Well, off I go!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,855
    Having just done the questline for about the 10th time I would like to add a constructive suggestion. Please, PLEASE do not make "learn the lore" questlines mandatory to unlock zone weeklies. Or if you do, give accountwide credit for having already done them. Even the best long series of lore quests gets to be a chore well before the 10th time after one already knows it quite well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Having just done the questline for about the 10th time I would like to add a constructive suggestion. Please, PLEASE do not make "learn the lore" questlines mandatory to unlock zone weeklies. Or if you do, give accountwide credit for having already done them. Even the best long series of lore quests gets to be a chore well before the 10th time after one already knows it quite well.
    Wow, I did not know that they are required for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    Oh really? I just followed that dude into Erebor, did not know I was going to Elderslade! Well, off I go!

    I love how it ended, very well done MoL.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

  8. #8
    I liked this quest chain too, i finished the whole thing all the way deep into Elderslade, while it was good there is one part however i didn't like with change of lore, but will not say here as its a major part of the story in this quest chain, still good either way.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Anemonellie Hobbit Guardian. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.



    Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I love how it ended, very well done MoL.
    I can't take credit for Leothred's journey of discovery - that's a Baccata joint! But I know he'll be glad to hear you all liked it.

    MoL

  10. #10
    It is not Dev's "Well done" it is J R R TOLKIEN that is carring this game with the novel of Middle Earth and its rich lore!!! ;P
    REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    It is not Dev's "Well done" it is J R R TOLKIEN that is carring this game with the novel of Middle Earth and its rich lore!!! ;P
    We think of ourselves as a delivery mechanism.

    MoL

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Having just done the questline for about the 10th time I would like to add a constructive suggestion. Please, PLEASE do not make "learn the lore" questlines mandatory to unlock zone weeklies. Or if you do, give accountwide credit for having already done them. Even the best long series of lore quests gets to be a chore well before the 10th time after one already knows it quite well.
    I just did Mordor Besieged on my nine (!) alts. The story was interesting the first time, but the numerous long (some up to ten minutes) and unskippable in-game cut-scenes were a *real* drag.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

    < No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    12
    Thanks all. Glad to hear some of you really enjoyed Leothred's story in the north.
    It was a bit of work but I loved making it.


    Fun fact: I can't remember if this made it in game but the 28 quests were basically broken into two 'books'.

    The Wells of Langflood quests were called: 'The Rohirric Journey' and the Elderslade quests were called: 'The Folly of Scatha and Fram'

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Baccata View Post
    Thanks all. Glad to hear some of you really enjoyed Leothred's story in the north.
    It was a bit of work but I loved making it.


    Fun fact: I can't remember if this made it in game but the 28 quests were basically broken into two 'books'.

    The Wells of Langflood quests were called: 'The Rohirric Journey' and the Elderslade quests were called: 'The Folly of Scatha and Fram'
    I enjoyed this too. I remember wishing the narrative would've been broken down to book pages for a housing piece to collect and relisten too.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Baccata View Post
    Thanks all. Glad to hear some of you really enjoyed Leothred's story in the north.
    It was a bit of work but I loved making it.


    Fun fact: I can't remember if this made it in game but the 28 quests were basically broken into two 'books'.

    The Wells of Langflood quests were called: 'The Rohirric Journey' and the Elderslade quests were called: 'The Folly of Scatha and Fram'
    It did. Loved both of them.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by SingularityNow View Post
    I enjoyed this too. I remember wishing the narrative would've been broken down to book pages for a housing piece to collect and relisten too.
    It is never too late for the devs to add this as a metadeed reward for completing all the book quests of that area. They just have to add a brand new quest to that area, that is only available to pick after complete all those quests & that have as reward a dwarf style [Bookstand of WoTP] house decoration.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload