We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: LI Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Man what exactly do you think critical defense does in group PVE of today's LotRO? Download combat analysis and pay some attention in FoKD--there are no crits from anything but the deep claws that shouldnt even be on you as a tank.

You and your cap-letters large-font self are too out of touch with how this game works to be posting like that.
    Kinda sucks that crit defense is no longer as great as it used to be. Are the devs wanting the boss fights to be more fair (or at least they didn't want the tank to die to a series of lucky crits) and slightly less RNG? I can see how crits would create an RNG aspect in a fight if the boss does large amounts of damage to being with.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    Kinda sucks that crit defense is no longer as great as it used to be. Are the devs wanting the boss fights to be more fair (or at least they didn't want the tank to die to a series of lucky crits) and slightly less RNG? I can see how crits would create an RNG aspect in a fight if the boss does large amounts of damage to being with.
    I'd bet that's the reasoning why it's been quietly devalued, I agree. Or maybe it wasnt quiet--I didnt play between 85 and 130 to know the full history. As is, it's a junk stat for PVE, unless there's ever a return to serious add-tanking a la ToO Shadow or the Erebor cluster. If so that's cause for crit D swappies, and why I'm sorta comfortable with the continued existence of a junk stat (as long as it's avoidable by minmaxers). Certainly not cause for the fella i responded to having the low-information convicion to blast large-font pleas for the devs to water down our traceries with a junk stat. If crit D is missing it's because devs listened to the right feedback. No comment on pvmp & crit D, not my forte.

Resistance is the same thing. All sorts of dot effects like Reek and Lingering Smoke. Cannot be resisted.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    I'd bet that's the reasoning why it's been quietly devalued, I agree. Or maybe it wasnt quiet--I didnt play between 85 and 130 to know the full history. As is, it's a junk stat for PVE, unless there's ever a return to serious add-tanking a la ToO Shadow or the Erebor cluster. If so that's cause for crit D swappies, and why I'm sorta comfortable with the continued existence of a junk stat (as long as it's avoidable by minmaxers). Certainly not cause for the fella i responded to having the low-information convicion to blast large-font pleas for the devs to water down our traceries with a junk stat. If crit D is missing it's because devs listened to the right feedback. No comment on pvmp & crit D, not my forte.

Resistance is the same thing. All sorts of dot effects like Reek and Lingering Smoke. Cannot be resisted.
    I think it’s actually a balancing issue to allow certain boss abilities to critically hit. Some classes can get to 70%+ crit defense. If a boss crits you with an attack, it’ll do less than a regular attack because it gets doubly mitigated(phys or tact mit then runs through crit defense). This makes it to where you actually want to be critically hit by the boss, which makes no sense at all.

I believe this was a thing back in Abyss for a few boss abilities. All of the ones that could crit were the lowest damage dealing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by gaara908776 View Post
    I think it’s actually a balancing issue to allow certain boss abilities to critically hit. Some classes can get to 70%+ crit defense. If a boss crits you with an attack, it’ll do less than a regular attack because it gets doubly mitigated(phys or tact mit then runs through crit defense). This makes it to where you actually want to be critically hit by the boss, which makes no sense at all.

I believe this was a thing back in Abyss for a few boss abilities. All of the ones that could crit were the lowest damage dealing abilities.
    I cant speak to 115 like I said before, but that would surprise me that crit d worked as you described. But they've changed so much over time that I get surprised a lot lol

Here's a pic from 2013, 85 cap, I forget what my crit D was but i know it was >50% for the test. Back then, it was valuable to stack up to 50% crit d--and no further. Bosses had a crit multiplier of 1.5 flat every time. 50% crit D made a crit equal to a hit, and so did 80% crit d, couldnt go lower than a normal hit.
    http://imgur.com/a/IVfSCPi
    Melee Med and Arc from Vadok in BFE.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Wish Crystal of Remembrance gives us a 7th Mastery Tracery

What do crystals of remembrance give you in the new system? I have bunch in the vault that I fear will be useless now.

Is there a senior citizen version .. UGH. so confused

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5