We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresuvi View Post
    My parses were +\- 5k of 200k DPS though with dual wield, which is considerably higher than what you got with it, no? My 2H parses were close to yours. Red Line, I could maybe see 2H being able to break even with dual wield at the higher end, but yellow line, 2H animations are so slow on core abilities other than brutal/ferocious that there is no way it is even a contest.

Ideally, yes they will fix something other than ONLY base damage but I don’t really see that happening any time soon. I’d be fine if they gave us a trimmed down Crit Magnitude legacy but if they keep increasing the scaling of crit mag % every expansion, then in 3 years time we’ll be back to square one.
    No idea where your parses were, but I definitely spent more time using my regular yellow rotation on Live for comparison than trying to maximize a new one so it's entirely possible dual works better for some people depending on their build. Which is honestly music to my ears because I 100% agree the 2h feels sluggish. Like, my elf might as well be a dwarf sluggish.

They won't need to continue scaling crit mag because it doesn't exist in the new system and the old one will be phased out, so a boost in base damage and reduction of that legacy is the best way to keep old LI's being immediately useless without needing to tune new LI's too much, imo. And it wouldn't be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRaginAsian View Post
    No idea where your parses were, but I definitely spent more time using my regular yellow rotation on Live for comparison than trying to maximize a new one so it's entirely possible dual works better for some people depending on their build. Which is honestly music to my ears because I 100% agree the 2h feels sluggish. Like, my elf might as well be a dwarf sluggish.

They won't need to continue scaling crit mag because it doesn't exist in the new system and the old one will be phased out, so a boost in base damage and reduction of that legacy is the best way to keep old LI's being immediately useless without needing to tune new LI's too much, imo. And it wouldn't be that hard.
    Yeah I play a male Man Champ. The only thing I was doing different with my rotation on BR was not prioritizing keeping Rend up because the mitigation debuff is broken right now. (-.052% mit reduction with the tracery). I think I was getting 51-54 Ferocious, 84-90 Brutal, 48-56 blade walls, 21-24 Fury of blades and about 39-42 raging blades per parse with dual wield. Was able to do 193k-207k over 10 parses with regular raid build + ~800k crit b/c of new LI stat inflation and only icpr food to prevent from power running out.

Wasn't able to hit even near those numbers with 2H because the rotation was so slow.

My best parse in Red I got 54 Ferocious, 96 Brutal and pretty comparable other ability numbers to what I get on live with wep swapping and I got 205k with that.

I'm guessing based on your CA posts you were around ~180k for build 3 with 2H on your post? IDK it's hard to tell what the CA numbers translate to and some of your ability counts for stuff other than fero/brutal are way lower than mine.

Yeah ferocious/brutal counts sound like the biggest difference, which I'm sure I missed because of either (a) the battle frenzy bug giving no fervour or (b) badly timed use of second wind, which I'm still working out the best place for in my rotation. If you're not having to do the latter, I would love to know how you're able to keep your power up because I'm expecting it to be a fundamental piece of the new champ meta.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRaginAsian View Post
    Yeah ferocious/brutal counts sound like the biggest difference, which I'm sure I missed because of either (a) the battle frenzy bug giving no fervour or (b) badly timed use of second wind, which I'm still working out the best place for in my rotation. If you're not having to do the latter, I would love to know how you're able to keep your power up because I'm expecting it to be a fundamental piece of the new champ meta.
    I just use restore food that gives icpr, icmr when parsing. It gives no offensive stats so to me doesn’t count as a buff. I would seriously advise against wasting any trait points on second wind or trying to include it into a rotation. In any 6/12 man group power shouldn’t be a problem because of raid buffs.

As far as I know, second wind has not been worthwhile since back before trait trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresuvi View Post
    I just use restore food that gives icpr, icmr when parsing. It gives no offensive stats so to me doesn’t count as a buff. I would seriously advise against wasting any trait points on second wind or trying to include it into a rotation. In any 6/12 man group power shouldn’t be a problem because of raid buffs.

As far as I know, second wind has not been worthwhile since back before trait trees.
    Very helpful info, much appreciated. Not having had power issues while parsing on Live, I just assumed that would be necessary (and the points weren't giving up a ton of benefit so I figured why not?). I've still found myself able to hit closer to 190k in yellow with a 2h than DW using my standard rotation, though with new gold traceries giving shorter cooldowns there's clearly a different rotation available with more Brutal/BF/Ferocious/Clobbers available to work out when the time comes.

Back on topic, I won't bother digging into screenshots and whatnot because they're the same as before -- Imbued LI's are still parsing terribly at ~120k on average, rendering Champions essentially useless until they upgrade to new ones. Not surprising given the haphazard way this whole process has been going, but at the very least hopefully this thread serves as proof that they were warned once the outcry from non-beta-ing champs comes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3