We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Early Beta 1 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED
    Thank you for your participation, feedback, and bug reports!

Server Opening Time: Wednesday, 09/08 1:00 PM EDT
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 09/10 ~5:00 PM EDT (Subject to Change)

Report A Bug
    Guide to the Eyes and Guard Tavern
    Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on the Bullroarer Launcher.

Bullroarer is open for an Early Look at Update 30.3, specifically focusing on the Brawler class and the New Legendary Item System.

Changes of note with the 09/09/21 Update are marked in Violet
    • Weapons and class items can no longer be swapped while in combat.
    • PREVIEW ONLY: Removed the cooldown from "Gold Allowance".
    • PREVIEW ONLY: Ancient Script should now go into the barter wallet and is currently capped at 1000.

Brawler

The Brawler is a melee class conceptually based on the legend of Helm Hammerhand, who fought bare-handed at one of the greatest sieges of Helm’s Deep and was known for his savagery in battle. Brawlers forgo weapons in favor of Battle Gauntlets and steel armour, hurling themselves into battle to the benefit of friend and devastation of foe. The main focus for brawlers is damage per second, off-tanking, and support. Any race in Middle-earth can be a Brawler, except for Beornings, which are their own race and class combination.

• Mettle: Mettle is the currency your Brawler uses to power attacks and other skills. Mettle is built during combat and spent when you use your Brawler's most powerful abilities. All Brawlers have a passive ability called "Combat Flow", which increases the damage done by your skills for each point of Mettle you have.
    • Gauntlets: Instead of the traditional weapons of combat, your Brawler wields Battle Gauntlets and defeats enemies with punches, slams, kicks, thrown items, and more! Only Brawlers can wear Battle Gauntlets in combat, and these items will appear throughout the game world as you level. Gauntlets are considered two-handed weapons.
    • Traits: Brawlers have two Trait trees to Specialize in, along with a third general tree to provide additional flexibility and benefits:
      • The Fulcrum (blue): The Fulcrum focuses on defense and debuffs and offers ways to increase your Vitality, lower your enemies' attack speed, buff your Critical Rating, and more.
      • The Maelstrom (red): The Maelstrom focuses on the chaos of battle to increase damage dealt and more. This offense-focused Trait tree increases your Critical Chance, Setup Skill Damage, Might, and acquisition of Mettle.
      • The Fundament (yellow): The Fundament is not a Trait tree that can be Specialized into; rather, this tree offers benefits that complement both The Fulcrum and The Maelstrom. Spending points into The Fundament offers benefits such as increased Mettle generation, enemy debuffs, and hitting more targets with your area of effect skills.

All you need to do to be a Brawler is Create a New Character!
    • It was always our intention that Brawlers will be unable to specialize in The Fundament. As of this update, we are removing the ability to specialize in that trait line. Brawlers are still encouraged to grab traits from The Fundament to supplement their other builds!
    • Brawler Trait "Max Targets" now functions properly
    • Brawler Trait Set Bonus Innate Strength: Precision, now offers an actual buff instead of debuffing the player
    • Brawler Trait Set Bonus Innate Strength: Clever Technique, now offers an actual buff instead of debuffing the player
    • Brawler Trait "Strike as One! Damage Increase" now properly increases the damage bonus from "Strike as One!"
    • Known Issue: The Yellow-line trait "Battle-wise" will spawn fireworks whenever a bonus point of Mettle is generated. Hooray!

Legendary Items:

New Weapons/Class Items of Legend are available for barter from Legendary Weapons/Class Items vendor in the Eyes and Guard Tavern Crafting Area (to the right after entering the Hall)
    Purchase some Ancient Scripts for coin from the Vendor's Shop.
    Barter for Legendary Items from the Vendor's Barter profile.

• Items are base item level 51 and you must be level 50 to equip them.
    • Take your bartered items to a Forge-master and reforge them to scale the item to your Character's Level
      • NOTE: You must rename the item during reforge in order to enable the reforge. This is a bug that will be addressed at a later time.

Once you have a weapon/class item that is scaled to your level, you can pick up Traceries from the Books and Shelves in the Hall.
    To equip a Tracery, place the item in the Socket Control UI on your Character Panel. Then select a tracery from your inventory and drag it to an appropriate slot.
    There are currently 4 types of Traceries:

• Heraldric Traceries are basic stat buffs and will eventually alter the damage type of the weapons. Currently only 1 Heraldric Tracery may be slotted per item.
    • Word of Power Traceries are more specialized traceries that fit into the role you are filling with that weapon/item. This includes damage and healing "styles" (AoE, Single Target, HoT/DoT), as well as Avoidance, Incoming Damage, Moral increase, and some utility options (Inductions speeds, range extensions, AoE targets). Currently 2 Word of Power Traceries may be slotted per weapon, 3 per class item.
    • Word of Mastery Traceries are class specific traceries most closely resembling Legacies from the original LI/Imbued LI systems. Currently 6 Words of Mastery Traceries may be slotted per item.
    • Word of Craft Traceries are generic single stat increases however it has been stated that set bonuses will be attached to these Word of Crafts in the future. Currently 3 Word of Crafts may be slotted per item. Note: The 3rd Word of Craft slot is still locked after reforging.

Enhancement Runes: These are not traceries but are used to increase the item level of a slotted tracery. This would be used for an item that is built at one level cap, and then reforged for the next level cap and then increased the item level of the traceries. This does not increase the rarity from one color to the next, just the item level.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Currently tracery effects can be stacked, however exclusivity is expected in the near future. UI design as well as a UI showing if multiple of the same tracery are slotted and therefore only one would being applied are coming.
    • Stats on traceries can be increased infinitely. Overwriting a tracery with another adds the new stats, but does not remove stats of the overwritten/removed tracery. It seems that any stat that is modified by traceries can be increased without limit in this way. This is a bug and will be addressed. Please try to avoid doing this in your testing.
    • Right-clicking on a tracery in your inventory will bring up a list of items to which the tracery may be applied, however only Class items are appearing using this method. This is a bug.
    • A bug appears to have been introduced with this update that will cause some armour appearances to not display. This will make your character appear in their undergarments.

Items of Note:
    A number of legacies that previously gave damage/critical damage have been rolled into the Word of Power "style" traceries. For example Captains no longer have Bleed Critical Damage legacies as that would fall under the Damage over Time Criticals. This may be a buff or nerf for various classes so feedback is very important.

The LI Reward Track is specifically not in yet and isn't expected to be part of the initial release to Live.

Please keep in mind this is an Early Look and much is still in development.
    All costs are placeholder.
    All Feedback in encouraged and Bugs are welcome!
    Please continue the existing threads with your Feedback, and as always thank you for your participation!
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Sep 10 2021 at 05:14 PM.
    Quality Assurance Tester
    Standing Stone Games
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    A number of legacies that previously gave damage/critical damage have been rolled into the Word of Power "style" traceries. For example Captains no longer have Bleed Critical Damage legacies as that would fall under the Damage over Time Criticals. This may be a buff or nerf for various classes so feedback is very important.
    Broadly, for some classes there's a steep drop going from the old class specific legacies to the new generic word of power traceries. Like +139.4% bleed damage legacy for captains gone, access to +22% dot damage from a word of power tracery instead. The melee crit magnitude loss for champions this way is huge. Quick solution is to take the difference and throw it into class traits; we should be fine tuning from that position instead of this one of huge losses and sometimes gains.

Specifically, yall calling out this legacy as an example is really concerning. The captain emblem's Bleed Damage Critical imbued legacy doesnt do anything on live and hasn't affected bleed damage one way or another critical or otherwise for this whole level cap. Easy test with two throwaway 3rd age emblems and combat logs.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Just a heads-up: traceries are gobbled up by Essence Carry-Alls (which is fine, but might confuse people who aren't expecting it and can't find the items they bartered for...)
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Broadly, for some classes there's a steep drop going from the old class specific legacies to the new generic word of power traceries. Like +139.4% bleed damage legacy for captains gone, access to +22% dot damage from a word of power tracery instead. The melee crit magnitude loss for champions this way is huge. Quick solution is to take the difference and throw it into class traits; we should be fine tuning from that position instead of this one of huge losses and sometimes gains.

Specifically, yall calling out this legacy as an example is really concerning. The captain emblem's Bleed Damage Critical imbued legacy doesnt do anything on live and hasn't affected bleed damage one way or another critical or otherwise for this whole level cap. Easy test with two throwaway 3rd age emblems and combat logs.
    Overall I believe the new format is really good change. However you hit the nail on the head. There needs to be a couple major things looked at here in terms of tuning. Some classes like you said lost crit magnitude to generic form. Where as hunters also get the generic 22% crit mag plus still kept 93% focus and induction bow crit mag. While champs lost it all. Luckily burgs kept thier crit mag as that class is basically walking crit mag or bust...

Basically there are alot of classes that I was hoping would get some love here but with guardians losing 55% bleed chance and mag for like 22%? You either need to keep all old legacies to maintain current balacne or you have to go through class by class, ability by ability and straighten the upcoming mess out. For incance the dot damage and dot crit mag on wardens is amazing. Wardens have had the most trash legacies since the dawn of lego items. Seriously garbage. For the most part they still are. But now they at least have 2 LOL. Was kind of hoping warden bleed dmg would also be a legacy but thats not the point.

1) What's the hot key to open the new panel? Is there a new panel?
    2) Aren't there dps on the weapons?
    3) Why do some weapons have native attributes and others don't?
    4) Do you feel the main stat of 68 on the heraldry is sufficient?
    5) The barter system for traceries is clunky
    6) What is the point of imbuement?
    7) Why are the weapons purple? They should be gold. Players will start out thinking the new system is substandard with purple item icons.
    8) What about runes, relics/gems/settings, titles, scrolls of empowerment, scrolls of the delving, crystals of remember & star-lit crystals? Do any of these mean anything anymore?

DROP the word tracery: Call the additives Stats, Specializations, Skill Mods, Crafted Bonuses.

Are the Light, Frost, Fire etc traceries supposed to buff those damage types instead of giving random stat bonuses duplicated by other legacies (I hope...)?

< No Dorfs >

Enhancement Runes need mass-apply feature

Currently looks like the "Enhancement Runes" can only be added 1-by-1 to each tracery. It would be a nice quality-of-life improvement if we could apply multiple at once. This "1-by-1" application process was one of the major draw backs with using Scrolls of Empowerment. With a new system, it would be awesome to make this improvement.

Bug Stout-Axe Brawlers class-dependent reward in intro

When trying to open the "Heirlooms of the lost clan" I get an error message: "General Error 0x1000016B"
    It is a reward for the intro quest "The Shadow of Mordor".

EDIT: The yellow trait tree's description says it cannot be specialized in, but currently this is still possible (just did it on a lvl 51 Brawler).
    Last edited by Gildoriel; Sep 08 2021 at 04:05 PM.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Why class items get 3 Words of Power slots and weapons only get 2?

That means that Hunters and Wardens get 1 Words of Power slot less than any other class (since they use 2 weapons instead of a class item).

From what I've seen, Words of Power provide great bonuses and Hunters and Wardens will not be on even ground with the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCobra View Post
    Currently looks like the "Enhancement Runes" can only be added 1-by-1 to each tracery. It would be a nice quality-of-life improvement if we could apply multiple at once. This "1-by-1" application process was one of the major draw backs with using Scrolls of Empowerment. With a new system, it would be awesome to make this improvement.
    Deffinitely this. I gave up after applying 30+ Runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglion1 View Post
    Deffinitely this. I gave up after applying 30+ Runes.
    How many of those do you need? They are only to be applied every 10 char levels, if I understood correctly?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    How many of those do you need? They are only to be applied every 10 char levels, if I understood correctly?
    Not sure how it works. I kept upgrading one tracery, and the stats kept going up... I used at least 15 on a heraldry tracery, got vit stat very high.

Each Enhancement currently upgrades the ILvl of *one* legacy by ... one.

The (character) Level 121 legacies start at ILvl 400. Using an enhancement makes one of them 401, then 402, etc.

It seems to be only the passive stats on the legacy that increase.

Clearly these will be (part of) the new grind.

< No Dorfs >

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    You need 49 for each tracerie
    Leomer, Captain originally from Snowbourn, now on Evernight. Rank 15

A bit of feedback on random topics:

1) DPS Increase feels a bit steep. My old 2H weapon has 3k base DPS. The new one has 4,5K.

2) I can reforge the same item multiple times. Nothing changes, but I'm charged 63 Gold every time.

3) Champion Crit Legacy is gone. This will affect champ DPS very negatively. Other classes (e.g. Hunters, RK's) still have their crit legacies. Will the legacy be re-added?

4) Guard Warrior's Heart heal % legacy is gone. WH base heal has been increased to 30%.
    --> Legacy from old imbued belt (+87%) sets healing to 117% of morale. (lol)
    --> Without legacy, WH's 30% heal is lower than healing of Catch a Breath with legacy (35%).

5) Words of Power seem to be unique. i cannot apply two of the same kind to two equipped items.
    But: I can apply the same Word of Power to two items (e.g. weapon and class item) if these aren't equipped. The moment I try to equip both of them, I get an error message that I cannot equip two items with the same unique essence.
    --> Confusing, will lead people to buy and slot items they cannot use afterwards. Needs to be specified very clearly!!!

6) Cappy Legacies aren't sorted alphabetically in the trade window. Makes it hard to find something.

7) "A number of legacies that previously gave damage/critical damage have been rolled into the Word of Power "style" traceries."
    Some comparisons from Cappy:
    Old legacy "Area Effect Healing": 52,2%. New golden Word of Power "AoE Heal": 16,5%.
    --> This is quite a nerf.
    Old legacy "Healing Critical Magnitude": 52,2%. New golden Word of Power "Crit Heal": 22,2% Magnitude, +5,5% Crit chance.
    --> Magnitude gets quite a nerf, the added crit chance might compensate this.

Not a bug, but an idea I had: There was always the problem that 1H + Shield/Offhand gave a stat advantage because of the stats on the Shield/Offhand. This could be compensated by e.g. giving 2H one or two more Heraldry slots.

Unhappy Confusion and concerns

Word of Power Traceries are more specialized traceries that fit into the role you are filling with that weapon/item. This includes damage and healing "styles" (AoE, Single Target, HoT/DoT), as well as Avoidance, Incoming Damage, Moral increase, and some utility options (Inductions speeds, range extensions, AoE targets). Currently 2 Word of Power Traceries may be slotted per weapon, 3 per class item.
    I did not see any for Single Target "style" nor induction speeds nor range extensions. As a hunter, can you guess which ones I'm interested in?

Word of Craft Traceries are generic single stat increases however it has been stated that set bonuses will be attached to these Word of Crafts in the future. Currently 3 Word of Crafts may be slotted per item. Note: The 3rd Word of Craft slot is still locked after reforging.
    Even if I used a whole boatload of enhancement rune on these, they wouldn't compare to my current relics!

Enhancement Runes: These are not traceries but are used to increase the item level of a slotted tracery. This would be used for an item that is built at one level cap, and then reforged for the next level cap and then increased the item level of the traceries. This does not increase the rarity from one color to the next, just the item level.
    UGH! FORTY-NINE enhancement runes per each tracery? This is madness, to say nothing of breaking my fingers with the clicking and dragging and agreeing that I do want to enhance, etc.etc.! Perhaps you will prove me wrong but this right here is MASSIVE GRIND, you know what people asked to be eliminated?

Currently tracery effects can be stacked, however exclusivity is expected in the near future. UI design as well as a UI showing if multiple of the same tracery are slotted and therefore only one would being applied are coming.
    Hunters are a bit different, in that we don't have a "class item", we have a main hand LI weapon instead (as well as whatever we want to use for our off-hand). Does having the same "Word of Power" tracery (hate that term) on your bow AND on your main hand weapon mean that you will not get the effect from one of them? And my above comment covers what else a hunter would probably be looking for, so it might turn out to be an infrequent issue. But I still think it is one that must be considered while still in the development phase. Your quoted paragraph does not make it clear!
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    Hunters are a bit different, in that we don't have a "class item", we have a main hand LI weapon instead (as well as whatever we want to use for our off-hand). Does having the same "Word of Power" tracery (hate that term) on your bow AND on your main hand weapon mean that you will not get the effect from one of them? And my above comment covers what else a hunter would probably be looking for, so it might turn out to be an infrequent issue. But I still think it is one that must be considered while still in the development phase. Your quoted paragraph does not make it clear!
    Personally I would like to see the legendary melee weapon replaced with a legendary class item (say a quiver) instead. I fear having two weapons and no class item may not work well with the new system. Also having a book in the class slot is silly; hunters can't read anyway

When a new LI system goes live what will happen to my current maxed ILI's?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Piper View Post
    When a new LI system goes live what will happen to my current maxed ILI's?
    Nothing. There may be a transition period where it and its components can be exchanged for something in the new system, but that has yet to be determined. We're currently only testing the new system.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post

Looking at the LI changes for the captain there are several things concerning me.

On the live servers the captain has 3 legacies at it's disposal that affect the bleed damage
    - the +139.4% bleed damage weapon legacy
    - the +9 bleed pulses non imbued emblem legacy
    - the +69.6% bleed critical damage imbued emblem legacy

Due to the 9 bleed pulses being way more beneficial than the 69.6 this legacy is never used so it can be taken out of the equation.

Wich leaves us with the +139.4% bleed damage and +9 bleed pulses, both of these major legacies have been removed and have been replaced by a 22% bleed damage increase,
    Bleed damage is one of the main sources of damage the captain puts out so this change is a very big nerf to the captain's already low damage.

I suggest adding 9 pulses to the bleed skills without the need of an aditional legacy and increasing the base damage of the bleeds to compensate for the loss pf the +139.6 bleed damage legacy.

Appart from the nerf of it's bleeds the captain also needs to choose between self buffing and dps legacies wich makes the captain a lot more stale and less of a jack of all traits wich has always been the charm of the captain.

Due to the low damage of the captain, legacies like sure strike damage, routing cry damage, battle shout damage, cutting attack damage and so on are all needed, it's possible to use every damage legacy by swapping weapons. but with the soon to be removal of this mechanic it is not going to be possible anymore to have both wich means we'll have to choose between low damage without certain buffs like outgoing healing and -x% incoming damage or very low damage with those buffs.

I'd like to see either one of these two things happen, give the dps legacies a boost so when people choose for dps legacies they will actually do a fair amount of dps.

Or increase the base damage of skills like sure strike, routing cry and battle shout and remove their damage increasing legacies so the captain can remain a jack of all traits instead of having to choose between bad and worse.

I don't mind having to choose between dps, healing and survivability but if i have to make this choice i do expect the option i pick to be good. If i were to use all dps legacies my dps would still be lower than on the live servers where i don't even have to choose.

EDIT
    Correction, i do mind having to choose between (minor) survivability, (minor) heals and (minor) dps, like i said the reason i play the captain is it being a jack of all traits.
    Having to make a choice between dps heals or survivability defeats the purpose of the cappy, instead i can better make the choice between a champ, gaurd or beo
    Last edited by Leomer01; Sep 08 2021 at 06:33 PM.
    Leomer, Captain originally from Snowbourn, now on Evernight. Rank 15

Lot of feedback that indicates to me that SSG hasn't done a good job of really expressing the total purpose and magnitude of the changes. Overall I'm pretty in favor of most everything I tested today with some caveats.
    The people who are complaining that their legacies got nerfed, your legacy doing less bleed damage or less crit mult etc, won't matter if content at 140 and beyond is balanced around the new system appropriately. Doing 10k damage to a boss with 100k is no different than doing 1k damage to a boss with 10k. But obviously that statement comes with the important caveat "IF the content is balanced around the new system appropriately." Champs are understandably concerned about the disappearance of the crit mag legacy, because without it then their damage comes crashing down, but only within the confines of the current system. With appropriate balance and class passes then champs could still proportionally be performing just as well but without everything being tied up into a single legacy (or weapon-swapping).
    With regards to the 49 enhancements needed for each tracery, this is fine to me because as far as I can tell the enhancements do not affect the class modifying part of the tracery at all, only the stats that are tied to it. And a very miniscule amount at that. I think it provides a reasonable long-term goal for people who are looking to completely min-max while not hamstringing those who are in the process of getting their enhancements like the current LI system does. Giving players long-term carrots to strive for while not tying prohibitive amounts of player power to those carrots is a good idea.

But everything I said is meaningless if the scope of this rework does not include very thorough balance and class passes that are still to come. This is changing a system that has been integral to the game for years, that's ok, there will be upheaval, the way our classes are played might change (looking at weapon swapping champs). And all that is fine, but with a rework of this magnitude it's important to understand the seismic consequences removing or nerfing certain legacies/traceries and appropriately balancing the classes for content.

Finally my 2 cents is I actually would prefer if we went back to the SOA system of just running dungeons/raids for teal weapons that were exciting to have drop and we'd move on from them after that content. But I think the game and class design has been built around LIs for so long that it simply isn't an option anymore.

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Few observations regarding the Brawler based on skill list shown in Youtube videos :

1. The class does not appear to have a 'sprint' skill. Considering that this is a melee class, its odd to not have a temporary speed boost skill. There is a ranged skill to slow opponents. However there are plenty of mobs ( especially bosses ) that are immune to slows. So a sprint type skill will be useful. The most annoying part about playing melee classes is constantly having to run after mobs that are being kited by the tank.

2. The damage type bonus is for 'light' damage. This heavily favors the high elf race. It will be useful to not have to pick a specific race to get the most out of playing a class.

3. Certain skills ( like the one that provides attack speed buff to fellowship ) only affects fellowship members within a 5m range ? Since this is a buff that needs to be reapplied frequently, in practical fights the buff will only be for melee class fellowship members. Is this the intention ?

4. The class needs some self healing skills if it is going to work as an off tank.

Overall the class looks fun. Its tempting to come back to the game to give it a try !
    Last edited by AceDwarf; Sep 08 2021 at 07:50 PM.
    Zedred / Erazer - Windfola

One more point on Captain bleeds in addition to what's been noted earlier in the thread-

One legacy which we have for current pre-imbuement, but seem to be lacking here, is increasing the number of bleed pulses we get. This makes it so cutting attack lasts longer, while also letting us get 3 stacks of grave wound which is important for both single target and AOE damage.

Without this we will have a lesser cutting wound, and will only be able to get one grave wound applied at a time.
    Last edited by Kaeneth; Sep 08 2021 at 07:11 PM.

The Brawler class generally looks awesome with great animations. However, I and others tried sparring with the Brawler class and find several things that we want to address:

1. If you choose The Maelstrom tree, the Brawler only has 1 self-heal skill, which has 5 min for cooling down.

2. Besides, will the damage buff of Feint and Flex stack if we use the same time?

3. The Brawler in tank mode is definitely more effective than in the dps mode. The dps is not quite satisfying.

4. If SSG plans to sell the Brawler class, please make the Yellow line a specialized trait tree instead of being a support line. It looks like the company tries to sell an inferior class, which is less functional than current Free classes. On the other hand, if the class is Free, we don't oppose the idea that the Yellow line is just supportive.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

~ Brawler ~

Time for one of those fancy long winded posts that goes into every facet of the class in excruciating detail. Brawler is off to a decent start but there are definitely a multitude of different issues present here. Let's kick it off with a bugs list, I'll try merge everything from other posts into this list as well so you have it all in one place.

~ Bugs ~

• Skills/Effects:
    • DNT - Raw Fury doesn't apply any effect at all, no change to tooltip values of setup skills.
    • The following abilities/effects are not scaled properly (incredibly low or negative values given):
    • Pummel
    • Innate Strength: Finesse - Tier 1-4
    • DNT - Critical - Rank 1-4
    • DNT - Latent Light 1
    • Pummel current displays as Smouldering Wrath in the combat log, it also deals fire damage for some reason.
    • Low Strike states that "Certain skills may take advantage of a vulnerability for added effect" but no other skill has a tooltip mentioning what the added effects could be.
    • Sinister Cross only seems to give a bonus tier to Innate Strength buffs when it is followed by Fist of the Valar, no other skill seems to proc this bonus.
    • Fist of the Valar does not appear to benefit from "DNT - Dextrous Set-up".
    • Fist of the Valar tooltip doesn't state that it removes all Mettle.
    • Traits:
    • DNT - Flurry of Blows does not increase the damage of Pummel in any way.
    • Dextrous Hook Training applies directly to mettle spenders, increasing their damage without requiring dextrous hook to be used at all.
    • Misc:
    • Lua API is missing functionality for pulling the current Mettle total, also missing an event for Mettle Changed.

~ Maelstrom ~

• We have a lot of damage amp cooldowns and honestly they don't feel great in practice do we really need all of the following?
    • Quick Feint (+20%)
    • Battle Fury (5% per mettle pip)
    • DNT - Joy of Battle (Offence) (5% per stack, 10 possible stacks)
    • Strike as One! (+25% damage)
    • Follow Me! (-20% attack speed)
    • DNT Raw Fury
    • Share Innate Strength: Balance
    • Share Innate Strength: Quickness
    • Share Innate Strength: Heavy
    • Flex and Quick Feint also act as damage amps although these two generally feel necessary due to how mettle starved you end up being. Alternatively shorten the animations/cooldowns of the set-up skills so we can knock them out faster and thus generate Mettle faster.
    • Mettle generation is a bit rough, could really do with some kind of passive generation here whether it be an RNG "Each crit/dev adds 1 mettle" system or just a constant regen rate.
    • The interrupt can't really cost 3 mettle, it's too much right now. Whilst reducing it will likely lead to us using it as an animation cut right now it's just too expensive to be used in a pinch unless we get better Mettle generation.
    • 5m cooldown is way too long for Battle Fury.
    • Dextrous hook currently acts as a balanced attack making maintaining "Innate Strength: Finesse - Tier 4" utterly trivial.
    Last edited by Joedangod; Sep 09 2021 at 01:45 PM.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast