We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exodia vs. DURIN'S BANE T5 WORLD FIRST

Congratulations!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Congratulations and thanks swap weapon and macro.

Ending was epic.

Congrats!

What plugins were you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Gondoron View Post
    Congrats!

What plugins were you using?

WeaponAssist
    SkillTimer
    PrimePlugin
    Mouse Finder
    MiniRaid
    CombatAnalysis
    BuffMonitor
    BuffBars
    Lotro Raid Logs (private)
    Gibberish (private)
    EffectTracker (private)
    DontRelease (private)
    BreakTimer (private)

Quote Originally Posted by silvertooth View Post
    WeaponAssist
    SkillTimer
    PrimePlugin
    Mouse Finder
    MiniRaid
    CombatAnalysis
    BuffMonitor
    BuffBars
    Lotro Raid Logs (private)
    Gibberish (private)
    EffectTracker (private)
    DontRelease (private)
    BreakTimer (private)
    What are the private ones? Are they not available on lotrointerface?
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by TearMaker View Post
    What are the private ones? Are they not available on lotrointerface?

No, they are not available on lotrointerface.

Ooohh private bespoke raid plugins! I can do that!

(Dramatically cracks knuckles and fires up Visual Studio.)

Quote Originally Posted by silvertooth View Post
    No, they are not available on lotrointerface.
    Any reason why you don't publish to lotrointerface?

I'm sure there are many that could use them?

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post

Because he cant publish plugins that are not made by him. But gibberisch (plugin from souru of hecki hecki pateng) is public now on lotrointerface

While I am not a fan of how cluttered your screens were, to the point I could literally not see the fight and what you were doing, I do congratulate you fully! Well deserved and great job <3

Awesome good job! very impressive indeed.

you guys should try a vanilla challenge now with NO plug-ins!

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    Sure, then do a run whilst continuously being sprayed in the face with pepper spray. That run might actually be more enjoyable than using the vanilla UI.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

The plugins are there to help them keep up with the mountain of mechanics present in T5.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Not taking anything away from their awesome raid. i use plugins, nothing wrong with using them at all.

i'm just wondering if it could be done, if not by the top raiders in LOTRO, then who?

Mortem Tyrannis

Not taking anything away from their awesome raid. i use plugins, nothing wrong with using them at all.

i'm just wondering if it could be done, if not by the top raiders in LOTRO, then who?
    hmm, theoretically it could be done. The biggest obstacle would be human error, since the plugins help alleviate some of the need to multi-task (in the sense that you won't have to so much of the calculating in your head). When you're having to multi-task, the chances of missing something or not doing something correctly go way up, and T5 of this raid apparently has a small error margin.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chilman View Post
    Because he cant publish plugins that are not made by him. But gibberisch (plugin from souru of hecki hecki pateng) is public now on lotrointerface

Like Chilman already replied that's mostly the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaHimi View Post
    While I am not a fan of how cluttered your screens were, to the point I could literally not see the fight and what you were doing, I do congratulate you fully! Well deserved and great job <3
    Thank you!

Thank you!

The default UI isn't designed for raiding. Might as well ask "Well when are we going to see a T5 clear using a Rockband drum kit as a controller?".

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    hmm, theoretically it could be done. The biggest obstacle would be human error, since the plugins help alleviate some of the need to multi-task (in the sense that you won't have to so much of the calculating in your head). When you're having to multi-task, the chances of missing something or not doing something correctly go way up, and T5 of this raid apparently has a small error margin.
    Its more than this.

LOTRO raids are basically scripted... you just need to learn the script and follow the rules, there's not much thinking or decision making involved once you "figure it out" (aka learn the script)

After you learn the script, you set up the plugins to "keep track of the mechanics" (tell you what to do), and you as the player are supposed to follow the script or use software to do the action for you (against the ToS and CoC but nobody cares and SSG can't tell).

once you learn the script, you just throw your raid at the wall until you get a lucky break where the mechanics don't bug out and no one dies due to RNG.

Removing plugins would definitely alleviate some of this, but what would do a better job is to make the raids themselves more intelligent, with mobs that have better AI and coordination, rendering a lot of these plugins meaningless.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    Well perhaps it must be done like that so SSG can make better raids.
    Seriously if T5 (or lower I don't know, I don't do raid since a long time) can only be done with plugins that's a real problem in my opinion. That say the raid is badly implemented and I like to think SSG would prefer to know it and change course than just seeing top raiders have a lot of plugins to be able to finish the raid.
    Plugins are cool, I love plugins (public plugins, I hate non public ones ) and I hope SSG will redevelop LUA to integrate new things (like carry-all), but they must not be mandatory to raids, even at T5.

So yeah I would also like to see them doing it whitout plugins just to know one or two things, one is it possible? and second what chance of success? And they must be the perfect choice to know it because they must know the raid now.
    And if it's not possible or really too much too hard, that we know it so SSG can mitigate the thing and then how about T4 whitout plugins?

To summarize my opinion. If plugins are mandatory for higher tier raid difficulty, there is only two options: one the players are not good (difficult to imagine for the top raiders) or the raid is badly created. And that's a thing to know for all, players and SSG.
    And who best to test it than the very best, them.

Oh and gratz to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehniriel View Post
    To summarize my opinion. If plugins are mandatory for higher tier raid difficulty, there is only two options: one the players are not good (difficult to imagine for the top raiders) or the raid is badly created. And that's a thing to know for all, players and SSG.
    And who best to test it than the very best, them.
    This is just...silly.

Plugins are pretty damn limited. They can only give you information that is technically already accessible to a person without plugins. What people use plugins for is to simply rearrange the UI so they can pick things up at a glance rather than having to squint through the list of active effects trying to figure out if a relevant buff/debuff is still active or not.

So I guess that opens up a third option: "The default UX is terrible", but you know what? Long ago Turbine came up with a fix for that particular issue; they built the LUA API for players to take UI customisation further.

Of course we then end up with bad takes such as:

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    LOTRO raids are basically scripted... you just need to learn the script and follow the rules, there's not much thinking or decision making involved once you "figure it out" (aka learn the script)

After you learn the script, you set up the plugins to "keep track of the mechanics" (tell you what to do), and you as the player are supposed to follow the script or use software to do the action for you (against the ToS and CoC but nobody cares and SSG can't tell).

once you learn the script, you just throw your raid at the wall until you get a lucky break where the mechanics don't bug out and no one dies due to RNG.

Which isn't really true. If it were true, well we'd be seeing a lot higher clear rates of the higher tiers. Everyone who really cares to raid has access to Prime Plugin and whilst it absolutely will throw up some prompts to tell you what's happening...it doesn't really tell you how your group should respond to said moments. The Exodia video in the OP is a clear example of that, they have Prime, they have their timers automated, and yet they still have constant calls coming in from various players dictating what to do in the next 10-15 seconds. Prior to Prime Plugin said timers were typically done by a single player in the group that didn't have much going on in their role, UO springs to mind as an enjoyable fight that had consistent timings and honestly being the guy saying "Reflect in 5, vortex coming in 10s" and so on wasn't a particularly enjoyable aspect of raiding and I much prefer not having to manually trigger stopwatches for that stuff. It was busy work, it wasn't fun work.

you almost entire raid just has been wiped out fully at end pure luck there and it took you 20minutes + finish it the only time when these achievements kind of mattered were in old times before store, trait trees and broken classes , these new raids and mechanics are just lame, and why did you posted your thread in general and other section? its just bragging out you want attention, one section is enough

i m sorry but its not impressive im sure you can handle critic well as praise . i m only impressed by raids before 2010 and no im not jelly or envious i m not going to end as no lifer to be able to do tier V raid and grind for gear, all these plugins either , pros never needed them .

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvenence View Post
    i m sorry but its not impressive im sure you can handle critic well as praise . i m only impressed by raids before 2010 and no im not jelly or envious i m not going to end as no lifer to be able to do tier V raid and grind for gear, all these plugins either , pros never needed them .
    Yeah! These guys need to see the true pre-2010 raids! The ones that were incredibly difficult with very intensive mechanical requirements! Like this pre-2010 raid:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast