We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

View Poll Results: Select a region:

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bree-land

2 3.57%
  • Dunland

3 5.36%
  • Ered Luin

3 5.36%
  • Enedwaith

29 51.79%
  • The Misty Mountains

4 7.14%
  • The North Downs

4 7.14%
  • The Trollshaws

11 19.64%

Vote on the next stroll through Middle-earth!

[NOTE] Time for the event has been updated to 2PM EST from 3PM.

Summer seems to have just flown by - like a Nazgûl on the back of a Fell-beast! Where did it come from, where did it go?!

We're one step closer to seeing all the sites of Eriador - with the Lone-lands (and a sneak peek at Gundabad) representing our last stream. But now the time has come to vote again for our next region walkthrough! Voting on this is running a bit shorter than usual this time around - I've got a busy weekend coming up and want to make sure I have the time to gather everything I need for the stream!

Above this post is a poll. Please take a moment to vote on the region we'll be walking through!

What is this stream?
    It's a leisurely behind-the-scenes stroll through a section of Middle-earth wherein I'll talk about the area we are in, the design process behind it (and in general), and muse about what it takes to make landscape. As with every stream in this series, this is a World-design focused stream. I won't be answering questions related to topics outside of my area of influence.

Where is this stream?
    LOTROStream on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream)

When is this stream?
    We are currently planning this to happen on August 18th at 2PM EST. Please keep an eye out for the official announcement!
    Last edited by Scenario; Aug 13 2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Summer seems to have just flown by - like a Nazgûl on the back of a Fell-beast! Where did it come from, where did it go?!

We're one step closer to seeing all the sites of Eriador - with the Lone-lands (and a sneak peek at Gundabad) representing our last stream. But now the time has come to vote again for our next region walkthrough! Voting on this is running a bit shorter than usual this time around - I've got a busy weekend coming up and want to make sure I have the time to gather everything I need for the stream!

Above this post is a poll. Please take a moment to vote on the region we'll be walking through!

What is this stream?
    It's a leisurely behind-the-scenes stroll through a section of Middle-earth wherein I'll talk about the area we are in, the design process behind it (and in general), and muse about what it takes to make landscape. As with every stream in this series, this is a World-design focused stream. I won't be answering questions related to topics outside of my area of influence.

Where is this stream?

When is this stream?
    We are currently planning this to happen on the week of July 19th (still firming up specific date and time) . Please keep an eye out for the official announcement!

Just wanted to say thanks for doing these. I quite enjoy watching them!
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning

When is this stream?
    We are currently planning this to happen on the week of July 19th (still firming up specific date and time) . Please keep an eye out for the official announcement!
    Guesse we'll wait to the announcement or timetravel.

Quote Originally Posted by squirle View Post
    Sorry about that! The plan is for Wednesday, August 18th.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by squirle View Post
    Issues with the space-time continuum averted!

Hey Scenario, love the streams, I always find it fascinating to get a behind the scenes look on things and I've found what I've watched so far to be very informative.
    I've a question and... When asking it I hope this doesn't derail the thread but is there a possibility that one day we might see a stream on the Ettenmoors as a region? I think it's quite unique in the fact it is a warzone and I'd love a stream dedicated to it one day as there's actually quite a lot to talk about with technicalities and such.
    I suppose the main reason would be to not have half the streamers throw PvP related questions which I understand is not your department at all, but maybe one day we could see a look on the region? Even if you need to have a big sign saying "NO PVP QUESTIONS", I just think it'd be an interesting stream.

I hope next one is Enedwaith, I like Enedwaith as a region, it's very colourful and the skies, beautiful!
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

I hope it's Enedwaith next time too! I'd really love to learn more about those unused assets that we can see in northeastern Enedwaith via the Terrainmap Plugin and Google Map style version of it:

http://lotromap.net/terrainmap/google.html

I've always been curious- if you look east of Windfells and Fordirith, there's a bog, there's some... Dwarf ruins or giant halls, there are also some waterfalls and more Eregion-style trees... its inaccessible, and it's pretty much behind the Shadow-wolves area and the "Old Woman of the Mountain's" lair.

My guess is that it simply ran out of time for development or something; but it would still be cool to learn about it That would also be something, I think, worth introducing to Enedwaith if there's ever another revamp of that region, if possible Story-wise, maybe it's....... where Saruman is going to meet his Eregion commanders to find out about the Ring-lore and such (*efforts that were pretty squashed between Amarthiel's business in Tham Mirdain, and, of course, the player-characters involved with School and Library)? Maybe that ties-in more with what happens in Zudrugund with Nar? Oh, and who is Ergothorn anyway? Another mystery! XD

Enedwaith really seems to be a land that really abounds with "mystery"; its one of my favorite zones for that reason! Would be so awesome if Scenario could please shed some more light on this I'm very much looking forward to it, wherever it takes us

Cheers!
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Exclamation

[NOTE] Time for the event has been updated to 2PM EST from 3PM.

What is this stream?

Where is this stream?

When is this stream?
    We are currently planning this to happen on August 18th at 2PM EST. Please keep an eye out for the official announcement!
    When you head to Enedwaith, notice how big are those 2 reputations factions, in comparison to how little reputation you can earn per day. Please pass the note along to the corresponding quest maker devs. Enedwaith need more repeatable daily quests, tasks & or higher reputation reward per quest. Also some the repeatable quests don't reward any reputation at all. Thanks ahead!