We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Macro to weapon swap duel wield

Is there a LOTRO approved macro anywhere to swap duel wields with one key instead of two? I've looked into the /alias macro functionality that Turbine developed and it's pretty awful (or at least I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do anything more than use it for chat).

It's not the end of the world to hit 2 3 to swap weapons, but it would be nice if I could just hit 2 and have it equip both swords at once.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning

POV: you're trash at the game and see this post

NO, YOU CANNOT DO THAT! MACROS ARE CHEATING!

edit: Calling out people that claim macros are cheats, not OP. Cannot help you, OP, sorry.

-Macro
    -Lotro approved

Pick one.

Weapon swapping is getting disabled anyway. Retire your champ until then if it's unplayable not srs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    -Macro
    -Lotro approved
    are you saying macros are cheating?

No way to do it inside the game. You can through keyboard macros outside the game, at your own risk of being accused of breaking ToS. The abundance of people macroing farming for leveling alts makes it seem SSG is not enforcing a strict macro ban.

It seems weapon swapping is going away luckily though, so this particular issue should hopefully no longer be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    The abundance of people macroing farming for leveling alts makes it seem SSG is not enforcing a strict macro ban.
    precedent was set years ago as long as a player is inputting the commands and is playing it, macros dont matter. fully automated macros and bots are bannable.

this was done because an issue was raised on roleplaying servers years ago because....well, bands use macros lmao.

Macro is a cheat if it permit more than 1 action per button, like swap weapon ( 2 hand and 2 x 1hand).

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryTertiary View Post
    are you saying macros are cheating?
    Lotro ToS states one cannot use third party programs, plugins clearly being an exception because the game has a plugin manager in spite of the game itself supplying none. Cheating/Not cheating isn't even worth consideration, do it at your own risk.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Have they changed their interpretation of the COC since the last time I remember them talking about "at keyboard" macros being just fine? Was back at 85-cap, but I skipped everything between that and 130 so there's a lot I could be missing.

When people were openly discussing macros on the forums in 2012/2013, this is the thread they quoted as at-keyboard macros being tacitly approved https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...board-Question
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Aug 01 2021 at 11:45 AM.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    Lotro ToS states one cannot use third party programs, plugins clearly being an exception because the game has a plugin manager in spite of the game itself supplying none. Cheating/Not cheating isn't even worth consideration, do it at your own risk.
    cite the tos

Basically everything is against the ToS and CoC except spending money in the LOTRO store, even if its not real.

a while back SSG tried to literally destroy the Warg Stalker class in PVP because of an old rumor of "macro wargs". Such a thing hasn't existed for almost 7 years, but why let facts get in the way of feelings.

SSG was entirely willing to nuke an entire class just to stamp out the mere RUMOR of macro useage. It took the entire community rebelling to stop them.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    Basically everything is against the ToS and CoC except spending money in the LOTRO store, even if its not real.

a while back SSG tried to literally destroy the Warg Stalker class in PVP because of an old rumor of "macro wargs". Such a thing hasn't existed for almost 7 years, but why let facts get in the way of feelings.

SSG was entirely willing to nuke an entire class just to stamp out the mere RUMOR of macro useage. It took the entire community rebelling to stop them.
    we know store is profit and you obviously have some grudge with it, the old rumours are true ,there are macro wargs for sure and there many falsness about players using macros and they were not using them. you are not looking from both sides here, its really funny to read your post, are you the one who designed the class and know how system works or as tec expert and designer, its absurd to read player's post speak with such confidence they know better than creators themselves.

ssg has all rights to nerf and "destroy" should they wish but your outlook is greatly exaggerated, the macro myth is because of instant animation cutting and eye rake skill comes to notion here which is frankly op with only 3 sec to interrupt and cut animations with players that know proper rotation can dish out a lot of damage fast.

nobody is willing trying to destroy class it could be argued endlessly about balance in pvp and you will never please anyone in end

you really emphasise hard on some words such is "stopped" communt ydid not stopped them, ssg marely can decide and take advice should they feel its right but here has power to stop sgg or force to do something , its just their good will and final decision.
    Last edited by TheProvenence; Aug 01 2021 at 01:10 PM.

You can easily swap dual wielded weapons using 3 hotkeys, so if an alias can be written to fire three hotkeys in a row then that would serve. Just equip a fishing pole to empty the offhand slot then equip main hand then the offhand weapon you want to switch to.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvenence View Post
    we know store is profit and you obviously have some grudge with it, the old rumours are true ,there are macro wargs for sure and there many falsness about players using macros and they were not using them. you are not looking from both sides here, its really funny to read your post, are you the one who designed the class and know how system works or as tec expert and designer, its absurd to read player's post speak with such confidence they know better than creators themselves.

ssg has all rights to nerf and "destroy" should they wish but your outlook is greatly exaggerated, the macro myth is because of instant animation cutting and eye rake skill comes to notion here which is frankly op with only 3 sec to interrupt and cut animations with players that know proper rotation can dish out a lot of damage fast.

nobody is willing trying to destroy class it could be argued endlessly about balance in pvp and you will never please anyone in end

you really emphasise hard on some words such is "stopped" communt ydid not stopped them, ssg marely can decide and take advice should they feel its right but here has power to stop sgg or force to do something , its just their good will and final decision.
    translation:

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryTertiary View Post
    NO, YOU CANNOT DO THAT! MACROS ARE CHEATING!

There are programmable keyboards, mice, joysticks, and PC software programs available to insert multiple keystrokes into an applications event queue. Not sure how lotro would detect them and some are pretty cheap. Lotro may frown on an actual lotro plugin to do it but do a search and see if one is there. I last did that cursory search quite a while ago and didn’t find a plug-in. Things may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    There are programmable keyboards, mice, joysticks, and PC software programs available to insert multiple keystrokes into an applications event queue. Not sure how lotro would detect them and some are pretty cheap. Lotro may frown on an actual lotro plugin to do it but do a search and see if one is there. I last did that cursory search quite a while ago and didn’t find a plug-in. Things may have changed.
    LOTRO plugins can't set up keybinds or automate any actions at all really. Best they can do is give you a line of quickslots that you'd have to manually click through. So not at all useful in this situation.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    LOTRO plugins can't set up keybinds or automate any actions at all really. Best they can do is give you a line of quickslots that you'd have to manually click through. So not at all useful in this situation.
    That’s probably why I didn’t find any. I use plugins but don’t write them so thanks for the clarification. External devices can be pretty cheap like $40+ For a programmable keyboard.

Why are you guys arguing about macros and the TOS when the OP is obviously trolling us with the “duel” malaprop?

everybody like macros are cheating lmao

In games with robust macros they still don't allow you to macro together rotations and ####, though FF14 does let you set up a macro for all your crafting functions. (it's a super complex crafting system that plays like a minigame,and even then you'll want to not macro if you're doing high tier stuff. Good for lower tier stuff and leveling though)

But you can't really macro combat abilities together.

Used to be able to macro an instant to a trinket use effect to another ability in wow but I don't remember if they nerfed that to requring multiple key presses of the macro button or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Is there a LOTRO approved macro anywhere to swap duel wields with one key instead of two? I've looked into the /alias macro functionality that Turbine developed and it's pretty awful (or at least I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do anything more than use it for chat).

It's not the end of the world to hit 2 3 to swap weapons, but it would be nice if I could just hit 2 and have it equip both swords at once.
    Ignoring what everyone else is babbling about, I don't think this is possible in the game. It would be nice to tie an action to one key, and, for example, press it twice to perform the action and thus save on keybind space.

An MMO mouse or keyboard could do it though, but you'd still have the action bar space taken over.

Third party programs being against the ToS doesn't apply if you're paying SSG. Boxing/multi-account (in PvP) has been consistently allowed by GMs despite it requiring 3rd party programs to run, meanwhile I received a suspension ages ago for using a macro to keep me logged in so my LM pet could farm some materials. The LOTRO CoC is notoriously arbitrary.

This is in addition to the numerous combat-improving plugins that are prevalent in the PvP/Raiding community that have not been directly approved by SSG.

Use your own judgement/sense of fair play when making the decision, because SSG has never done so.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

google "Autohotkey".
    Pretentious Latin proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    This is in addition to the numerous combat-improving plugins that are prevalent in the PvP/Raiding community that have not been directly approved by SSG.
    That's really nothing like anything else you've mentioned there. Plugins can only track things that are already available to the player elsewhere. More to the point, Turbine/SSG built the API involved, they quite literally control what events and data we have access to via plugins and they have disabled aspects of it in the past (Combat Analysis used to track fellowship members DPS for example).

So no, using plugins would not violate any rules.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    That's really nothing like anything else you've mentioned there. Plugins can only track things that are already available to the player elsewhere. More to the point, Turbine/SSG built the API involved, they quite literally control what events and data we have access to via plugins and they have disabled aspects of it in the past (Combat Analysis used to track fellowship members DPS for example).

So no, using plugins would not violate any rules.
    Plug-ins are third party programs by definition. Things like CD timers, rage mechanics in raid, etc.- all have a significant impact on providing a significant advantage to the individual who uses them. I'm not against plug-ins- I use them all the time. My point is the inconsistency with which SSG applies their ruleset (or how they describe it in the CoC):

"18. You may not create, post, use or distribute any utilities, emulators or other third party software tools without the express written permission of Standing Stone Games"

Plug-ins are utilities. Do the plugin creators have written permission from SSG?

The CoC is mostly a mockery- it's open to biased and unfair interpretation. Do what you believe doesn't provide an unfair/dishonest advantage.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post

Plug-ins are utilities. Do the plugin creators have written permission from SSG?
    I'm imaging Cordovan bumbling full-speed to his computer to ban 2/3rds of the playerbase for using CombatAnalysis

"I've got them now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    I'm imaging Cordovan bumbling full-speed to his computer to ban 2/3rds of the playerbase for using CombatAnalysis

"I've got them now!"
    Every MMO Ever vs ACT: Round 1, FIGHT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast