We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about Blood of Azog

Hi all!

I'm guessing that I have Blood of Azog because I'm lifetime, but I never really looked.

Is it the same as Elderslade where it's just a bunch of missions, or is it like Langflood where it's an actual area? And how do I start it?

I know I could look it up, but asking in the forums always gets answers that are clear and simple.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

It's free for VIP like Langflood was. The Missions aspect of it is separate from the zone. The zone is reached via the place in Erebor Gloin vectors you to from Elderslade. It's a zone, like Mordor Besieged, set in the distant past; it is the War of the Dwarves and Orcs in a battle-zone version of Dimrill Dale outside of Moria.

Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Got it, thanks for answering!

As much as I love LOTRO-Wiki, there is just no way I could have gotten a clear answer like that, thanks again!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post

As much as I love LOTRO-Wiki, there is just no way I could have gotten a clear answer like that, thanks again!
    Sure! Glad to help!
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

The lotro-wiki page for Quest Pack:Blood of Azog says:

Blood of Azog quest pack
    Unlocks over 100 quests and deeds and a raid for level 130 characters. Includes the Azanulbizar region, the Blood of Azog Interlude, and 10 missions.
    Free to VIP!
    Which is just a transcription of what shows in the LOTRO Store description.

What would you like to see, as additional commentary, to help make it clearer? Lotro-wiki has its own Discord, and anyone is free to make an account on the site, even if only to offer suggestions for improvement.

Also, speaking of clarity: while the main content of Blood of Azog occurs in the distant past, the time period of the missions is "current day", i.e. after the defeat of the Iron Garrison (sorry for spoiler), and while the Gabil'akka are preparing to retake Gundabad.

Quote Originally Posted by egarthur View Post
    The lotro-wiki page for Quest Pack:Blood of Azog says:

Which is just a transcription of what shows in the LOTRO Store description.

What would you like to see, as additional commentary, to help make it clearer? Lotro-wiki has its own Discord, and anyone is free to make an account on the site, even if only to offer suggestions for improvement.

Also, speaking of clarity: while the main content of Blood of Azog occurs in the distant past, the time period of the missions is "current day", i.e. after the defeat of the Iron Garrison (sorry for spoiler), and while the Gabil'akka are preparing to retake Gundabad.
    Nah. I’ll pass on Discord. I’m often here on the forums and it’s fast enough for me to get an answer, which I did in a very timely manner. And the forum member that did gave me all the information that I needed.

I’ll stick to asking questions here. The people here are very knowledgeable.

Hi all!

I'm guessing that I have Blood of Azog because I'm lifetime, but I never really looked.

Is it the same as Elderslade where it's just a bunch of missions, or is it like Langflood where it's an actual area? And how do I start it?

I know I could look it up, but asking in the forums always gets answers that are clear and simple.
    I know that this has been answered already in relation to Blood of Azog, but I should also point out that Elderslade isn’t Judy a bunch of missions - there’s the epic quest and landscape quests too, plus a raid and a 6 man.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    I know that this has been answered already in relation to Blood of Azog, but I should also point out that Elderslade isn’t Judy a bunch of missions - there’s the epic quest and landscape quests too, plus a raid and a 6 man.
    Very true, but going through the material there gave me the impression that the open area was just a sideshow to the missions. Only time in 14 years that I regretted buying something for LOTRO.