We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freeps are overpowered right now

The experience I have is so bad at the ettenmoors. I am a warg player rank 9.It doesn’t matter if I make the best rotation and I’m on top of a freep in 1vs1 they almost always win no matter the class.They do more damage,they have more crowd control and they heal themselves.There are crazy situations every day where 1 freep can kill more than one creep with ease.It’s not challenging at all.Low armour classes are like tanks atm.Medium same.High armour does not die unless a raid is on them .
    Please make it more balanced or I’m gonna leave the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by THRYLOS1 View Post
    The experience I have is so bad at the ettenmoors. I am a warg player rank 9.It doesn’t matter if I make the best rotation and I’m on top of a freep in 1vs1 they almost always win no matter the class.They do more damage,they have more crowd control and they heal themselves.There are crazy situations every day where 1 freep can kill more than one creep with ease.It’s not challenging at all.Low armour classes are like tanks atm.Medium same.High armour does not die unless a raid is on them .
    git gud.

The experience I have is so bad at the ettenmoors. I am a warg player rank 9.It doesn’t matter if I make the best rotation and I’m on top of a freep in 1vs1 they almost always win no matter the class.They do more damage,they have more crowd control and they heal themselves.There are crazy situations every day where 1 freep can kill more than one creep with ease.It’s not challenging at all.Low armour classes are like tanks atm.Medium same.High armour does not die unless a raid is on them.
    Winning 1v1 fights with the Warg class is difficult because their class purpose is to ganks. Try the Reaver or Weaver, you can win every 1v1 fight if you play right. Or play a freepside and fight with creeps 1v1 without end-gears then you'll understand. Not every freep player has the T4-T5 gears. You can find many freeps that you can easily kill.

If it was as you say, the freeps wouldn't be spending most of the day on the gv ladder.

Goodbye.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC7SBISVGLMxNDhlhvZiReA/videos

"Nolomir" R11 Captain - "Nolofin" R11 Warden - "Nolo" R9 Guardian - "Nologin" R8 Burglar

If your Warg rotation was perfect, you wouldn't be losing in a 1v1 to anything but a top-geared Freep. If you want to take a recording of your gameplay, I can give you some tips.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Thanks for the responces.Spiilo what build do you use atm(corruption,class traits)? It would be better if you make an updated video on wargs i know that I should double tap eye gouge and bestial claws all the time.

Thanks for the responces.Spiilo what build do you use atm(corruption,class traits)? It would be better if you make an updated video on wargs i know that I should double tap eye gouge and bestial claws all the time.
    Honestly I run glass cannon (6 crit, 4 mastery, 2 morale) usually, but mits are really strong if you are struggling vs. a class. I also recommend Shadow damage traited if fighting any medium/heavy armor that isn't a Warden (reflect).

Yeah I quite frankly don't have the time/knowledge on builds to do a new video. I don't play much, so I don't have a lot of insight on what the absolute best builds are, but I can help you with rotation.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

LOL, I kill r15 freeps with my r6 baby reaver of course when they go up the gv stairs

If you are even remotely good, you should be able to beat every class except for the absolute best geared freeps, which are a tiny tiny tiny minority and even then its a tossup.

If you don't have positional on your opponent (behind them) 95% of the time on warg, then you are not seeing the classes full potential. You do 50% more damage from behind.

In short: Freeps are not OP, you are just bad. This is coming from a long long long long long time creep
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

None of the guys giving you "advice" actually play lotro anymore and haven't for years. Take what they say with a grain of salt. Join a tribe and get advice from people that actually play. And also git gud.

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    In short: Freeps are not OP, you are just bad. This is coming from a long long long long long time creep
    Wow, just wow. I'd whether to be shocked or just laugh.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Katetastrophe Rk 13 Warg, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kate00 View Post
    Wow, just wow. I'd whether to be shocked or just laugh.
    well, the truth IS said to leave the ignorant speechless...

well, the truth IS said to leave the ignorant speechless...
    but you are a freep who exploits the broken lvl scaling system who doesnt play anymore so /shrug I dont think you are in any position to tell people they are bad.

but you are a freep who exploits the broken lvl scaling system who doesnt play anymore so /shrug I dont think you are in any position to tell people they are bad.
    Exploit? oh no! you should report it! using exploits is against the CoC, surely SSG will take action.

What's that? you did? and GMs respond by saying its working as intended? too bad, that means its working as intended.

Just because you don't agree with a development decision or implementation doesn't make it an exploit.

Exploit?
    Yes, the word "exploit" has lots of uses. Funny you didnt deny any of what I said.

Yes, the word "exploit" has lots of uses. Funny you didnt deny any of what I said.
    I apologize for using a mechanic that is working as intended.

Working as is when apathy and insouciance prevail the day, can hardly be defined as working as intended. Finding a loophole in broken scaling could be considered an exploit if only the developers cared. The GM's won't bother because they haven't the slightest clue what is intended.

However, I might be persuaded to align my opinion with yours, if you can find one quote from SSG concerning PvMP and scaling stating it wasn't an exploit.

But...

Don't bother because one doesn't exist.
    "That what is explicitly two, can at the same time be implicitly one."

Alan Watts

Update on the matter: After playing a lot the couple weeks.I'm gonna tell you my expierence FREEPS ARE OVERPOWERED IF GEARED.I play on evernight,most of my tribe friends tyrant and chieftains agree on that.Or dont object that.We expierence that every day.I saw a couple of 1vs1 i saw once 1 weaver win a burg mainly beacuse of the range,poison,kite.That's all noone else have won a freep at these fights.Even tyrants.Freeps have more damage,more sustain,more cc.and everyone now has that temporarily health.Special mentions to beornings,healing classes outheal dps of my warg (they can kite,outheal me until they are safe).Champions shred people.One special mention is hunters,rks which i find myself able to kill some of them even if they are super geared on specific traits.
    In the past warg could shred light armour classes now everyone feels like a heavy armor class,a hero or a boss.
    Heavy armour classes are undead atm 5 they need 4,5 creeps to die.If i find them 1vs1, they can either run with ease until go to a keep.
    Testimony of friend who has minsterl and hunter and beo and champion says that freeps are overpowered also if geared compared to creeps especially beo,minstrel,chmps.He has played both sides.
    Most players i find regularly in the moors at evernight are geared.I would say 80%.

IF freeps are undergeared they cannot 1vs1 me i have won almost everyone who was undergeared no matter the class.

But these fights are not rewarding either.

This is system is not balanced at all.

In the past from the start of the game until mirkwood i would say it was really balanced and usually the most skilled player win.
    The outcome was i could solo every class.With the most difficult to be warden.You didnt have to worry about corruptions.You just play your skills.

Also I would like to add that corruptions suck in a way of i can not use 3 tactical and 3 physical on a warg beacuse you need mastery and crit or you don't do damage.
    So in fights i found one the moors im traited either tact or phy that sucks.You have to change it all the time if you want to fight a specific class.
    So I use all the time the tact for raids and solos and phy classes shred me.

Now i feel like every class can solo me just playing their skills not tryharding like the warg who has to double click eye and always try to hit from behind.

One suggestion is to have a ettenmoors set or do something to balance that ####.
    I would like to see more skills for creeps too or buff some underwhelming creep skills.
    Moreover i want numbers on what makes the most damage 6 master,3crit or 6crit,3 masteries on warg?

That's for me guys now i know that freeps are unbalanced and the overpower comes from the gear.
    I know the skill of player matters but it does not make difference if you see the whole view, freep gear does .
    If someone disaggree with me feel free to explain situations where he was playing his geared freep and losing battles against a specific class.Something like that.

Also i would like to know if reaver,weaver or ba are good in 1vs1 better than warg?
    Your experiences pls dont say something like i kill everyone with reaver say something more meaninful atm all the reavers i see at 1vs1 die like wargs beacuse they out-sustain them.
    Last edited by THRYLOS1; Aug 10 2021 at 02:04 PM.