We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VIrtue pack in Valar package

Hello,

Make this virtue pack BTC like other item. The goal is to prevent player to buy many 1600 LP valar and put many free virtue pack on one alt and more.

When another customers spend $ in store for upgrade theirs virtues with legit system.

This is insane.

Please do anything.

Thanks for removing haters ' answers. Please stay calm. This problem need to be adressed and we can discuss about it without insults and harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffryl View Post
    Hello,

Make this virtue pack BTC like other item. The goal is to prevent player to buy many 1600 LP valar and put many free virtue pack on one alt and more.

When another customers spend $ in store for upgrade theirs virtues with legit system.

This is insane.

Please do anything.
    I have two valars, and while I understand what you are saying, I kinda like the way it is because I have spare virtues left over, and having them BTC when you don't need them seems like a waste of real world money.

I'm not against what you are suggesting, I'm just saying that an answer is not clear cut as it may seem to be.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Hello,

This is insane.

Please do anything.
    I bought a 120 valar package from the store and i like the fact that the Virtues are BTA and Not BoE, it was the same when i bought minas morgal and got several from that purchace as well and i see nothing wrong with the way the do things and btw customers have to play money to get lotro points.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I have two valars, and while I understand what you are saying, I kinda like the way it is because I have spare virtues left over, and having them BTC when you don't need them seems like a waste of real world money.

I'm not against what you are suggesting, I'm just saying that an answer is not clear cut as it may seem to be.
    You should wait and use it at next level cap virtue. Not a problem after all. Problem is for all player who bought virtue boost item in store. This is unfair. Should be BTC.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLakes View Post
    I bought a 120 valar package from the store and i like the fact that the Virtues are BTA and Not BoE, it was the same when i bought minas morgal and got several from that purchace as well and i see nothing wrong with the way the do things and btw customers have to play money to get lotro points.
    Tips : valar at 1600 LP means virtue boost cost nothing vs a purchase in item store to max all virtue at cap.

If you don't see the problem maybe you shouldn't answer here. No offence mate.

I hope for a fix soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post

I was thinking about this thread while playing tonight, and I'm gonna quote my own post and say that I don't see a problem or issue with how the virtues are handled in valar packages.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

the best way to actually fix this is to add virtue xp packs to the store.

the best way to actually fix this is to add virtue XP packs to the store for people that don't want to do deeds instead of them having to use this method so they can avoid deeds and actually enjoy the content.
    and because I know lots of players that hate to do deeds and dang do they hate them a lot, so I think this would bring in lots of money.

(only read below for opinionated thoughts on how stupid it is to even consider changing this item)

personally changing valars to have something inside bind because people are buying way to much of it this would also discourage players from buying valars all together because if they have any extra virtue xp they can't trade it to another character.
    and were not the valars made mainly to make money and the main reason you have for binding it is the valars are being abused aka them making a lot of money off of valars you want to stop money flowing into the game? seems stupids to me. no money getting spent on the game = no money going into the game.

Sorry, hard disagree OP. I bought a couple of valars so that I could get each of my 130 Alts to at least have their slotted 5-virtues maxed out, and then to pass the remaining to my toons that i have Tortoised down at level 60.

My main toon, I did the hard way by doing tons of slayer deeds, explorer deeds, etc. Not about to do it again.

There are many things in life that all of us choose to spend, or not spend money on. How we choose to spend it as it relates to LOTRO is a personal choice.

I am driving an early 2010s vehicle, past 100K miles, and all of my neighbors have fancy newer cars. It's a choice I make, and that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Good Point, get the same feeling.

The same is that people that begrudge the VXP that people get from Valar while doing Deeds to harvest Shoppoints.
    While Valarbuyer buy it with currency they harvest in real life.

The Envy versus Valar Virtue maximizer feels so strong, that you disregard the power of a fully maxed set of Virtue.
    Around 2 Essences of Mastery and 2 Essences of Vitalitiy.

Yes, you have around 40k more Moral, but does that make you a better player?
    it is more a nice to have and one player does all the deeds and playing the whole story with each toon and an other player plays that part of the story with that char and an other part with an other char, or maybe played nothing of the story as (s)he like to play only instances with friends.
    Maxed virtue for end game content is mandatory for optimize you character. Specially in last raid. Obviously if you are a casual or RP player this doesn't count for you that's normal. No reproach mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZaner View Post
    account-wide intro skip,.
    Oh man, I would LOVE this!

I feel sorry for the original poster but his campaign is hopeless. He essentially bought character power, then a much more cost effective sale on that very same kind of character power came along, and now he is angry because he missed the sale.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I am not currently playing because I am bored and rather fickle. Yet, I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by SophieTheEnchantress View Post
    I feel sorry for the original poster but his campaign is hopeless. He essentially bought character power, then a much more cost effective sale on that very same kind of character power came along, and now he is angry because he missed the sale.
    No argument.

Personnal attack about being angry because i missed the sale (tell me when i said that) and writing under emotion whereas i explained the problem.

What is wrong with you people ?

the best way to actually fix this is to add virtue XP packs to the store for people that don't want to do deeds instead of them having to use this method so they can avoid deeds and actually enjoy the content.
    and because I know lots of players that hate to do deeds and dang do they hate them a lot, so I think this would bring in lots of money.

(only read below for opinionated thoughts on how stupid it is to even consider changing this item)

personally changing valars to have something inside bind because people are buying way to much of it this would also discourage players from buying valars all together because if they have any extra virtue xp they can't trade it to another character.
    and were not the valars made mainly to make money and the main reason you have for binding it is the valars are being abused aka them making a lot of money off of valars you want to stop money flowing into the game? seems stupids to me. no money getting spent on the game = no money going into the game.
    Yeah the game is already P2W enough so why not also add virtue XP in the store. It will be P2W but at least direct P2W, not like the accelerators that are not instant P2W since you still need to do deeds for the bonus to apply.

Not sure if my answer here is serious or sarcastic so I guess everyone can interpret it the way you wish...
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    Yeah the game is already P2W enough so why not also add virtue XP in the store. It will be P2W but at least direct P2W, not like the accelerators that are not instant P2W since you still need to do deeds for the bonus to apply.

Not sure if my answer here is serious or sarcastic so I guess everyone can interpret it the way you wish...
    umm just to point out to everyone that does not already know the game has been pay to win since it became free to play.

this is based off of the https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=pay-to-win
    which states
    Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

so every item in the LotRO store that are for making you progress or better your character so it can outdo other players that you buy from the LotRO store makes you a pay-to-win player which means the game is pay to win.
    and for those that say that LP is a currency can be earned, I want to point out you are actually spending time on the game which is another way of buying something.
    Last edited by ZepherZaner; Aug 07 2021 at 01:02 PM.

Hello,

This is insane.

Please do anything.
    I see nothing wrong with the current set up , having spare virtues you can use on older toons on the account is a nice bonus . This game is fluid and ever changing , many toons get deleted over time , or get redundant when a new class is brought out , having spare virtues you can use on them is certainly a nice item . It is a very rare occurrence these days to come across a player higher than 105 that has not used a valar pack . kudos to the ones that haven't . But this is a bonus we purchase and some of the items in it are account wide and I'm thankful for that .
    Having spare virtues makes mistakes not so agonizing .

umm just to point out to everyone that does not already know the game has been pay to win since it became free to play.

this is based off of the https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=pay-to-win
    which states
    Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

so every item in the LotRO store that are for making you progress or better your character so it can outdo other players that you buy from the LotRO store makes you a pay-to-win player which means the game is pay to win.
    and for those that say that LP is a currency can be earned, I want to point out you are actually spending time on the game which is another way of buying something.
    Not the subject here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post

I think the old money-laundering connection from Daybreak's past affiliates (allegedly/Comey Report) must influence still. Why also does so much have to be hidden in a box, in another box... it's getting like Russian Dolls.

You do realise that you've just given them carte blanche to use the old "from player feedback" line for when it does arrive in the store

You think anyone smart is going to come on the forums and try to present a reasoned argument as to why the wholesale undermining of the game under SSG is good for the game and not just the means to pay their masters? Do you think the ones doing it even know the damage they do, or care? The game devs have been pacified right alongside the player base. It just breeds more back sliders and cheats. Used to be the suggestion forum would be just that, now it's mostly how much you'd pay to see...

The fact that the virtue packs are bta, is one of the beauties of the system. If you have an old character where you had no control over where the points were placed because they were specifically quest/task orientated, probably means your virtues are suboptimal to your class, or you are faced with even more grinding to achieve the same status as a Valar'd alt. You buy your lvl120 Valar, pick your 5 mains and allocated to low 50's, top them up a little, maybe choose Wit for the nice bonuses, then go through the respective quests open to your level to finish off your preferred ones. Any 10k left overs can go to your disadvantaged older alts to bring them up to speed, that otherwise may end up left stagnating in your character list.

IMHO, system works just fine.

You see it will change in future.

I hope for a fix soon.
    No fix required because it isn't broken !!

Maybe if you explained what you mean correctly, you wouldn't get so anxious when people give you their thoughts on the subject. Telling people not to post is not great just because they differ in opinion.

Why would SSG change something that attracts folks to buy the VALAR. I have a lot of characters on my main account and certainly don't NEED any more, but I purchased the VALAR to get the added bonuses* and guess what?? I ended up playing those character as well and guess what? I spent even more cash on them in the form of travel buffs and mithril coin purchases etc...

So, for SSG it is a win win situation and just because you do not like it doesn't mean it is broken.

*did you for a minute think of why other folks may have to seek out a bypass to the monotonous grind? Not all of us have the time to grind every facet that this game has become but we have over the years got enough invested to not want to walk away. So, not everyone wants to have to mindlessly grind this stuff out.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

I'm totally disagree with OP.
    Why should I run with my all alts the same stuff every time? Virtues should be the same for all characters but level dependent.
    Virtues package should be an extra package, without Valar.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Hunor View Post
    I'm totally disagree with OP.
    Why should I run with my all alts the same stuff every time? Virtues should be the same for all characters but level dependent.
    Virtues package should be an extra package, without Valar.
    You miss the subject. If you don't want run stuff with alt buy a valar or boost in store.

Any news ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast