We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Spawn rates for Azanulzibar trophy mobs...

They really need to be increased by a lot. It's unreasonable to give them each multiple spawn points AND seemingly hours-long respawn timers in a zone that is currently pretty crowded.
    Last edited by GeorgeBaggy; Jun 18 2021 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    They really need to be lowered by a lot. It's unreasonable to give them each multiple spawn points AND seemingly hours-long respawn timers in a zone that is currently pretty crowded.
    Unless you want bots farming shards, or unless you want to take shards off the loot, it's gotta be how it is.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Unless you want bots farming shards, or unless you want to take shards off the loot, it's gotta be how it is.
    Or, you know, they could have done that thing that they've done countless times before, and tied the shard to a daily auto-bestow quest that drops when you encounter the rare, and give them a sensible respawn time, so that the people who just want to do the deed and move on can...

I'd be happy if they just removed the shard drop and gave them a sensible respawn time, but I know others wouldn't... so that simple method that they've BEEN using for several expansions now would work just perfectly...
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

It was horrible to find all the mobs. It took me about 12 hours riding from spot to spot an finally I finished the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harla View Post
    Or, you know, they could have done that thing that they've done countless times before, and tied the shard to a daily auto-bestow quest that drops when you encounter the rare, and give them a sensible respawn time, so that the people who just want to do the deed and move on can...
    Screw you and your ellipses, but also you're right. That's a good compromise and would probably make the most amount of people happy.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

I'd be happy if they just removed the shard drop and gave them a sensible respawn time, but I know others wouldn't... so that simple method that they've BEEN using for several expansions now would work just perfectly...
    Are you talking about crafting shards? Is this the only way to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Are you talking about crafting shards? Is this the only way to get them?
    No there's a lot of ways but also arguably not enough. Rare drops from nodes and landscape chests, chosen rewards from 15 and 45 mission weekly quests, minas morgul weekly quests.

As it is this new source is kinda boom or bust. You get lucky and find a rare mob and get it, that's a free shard. I've gotten multiple in a day by camping (while I play pokemon) and especially while coordinating with kinmates at other locations (and spreading the love by putting out a offer for captain summons in /world since *everyone* who touches the mob gets a shard). Or you get skunked/waste most of your gaming time for the night.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

The best solution for these trophy mobs is to ramp up the respawn rate and make them into individual bounty quests that you can only do weekly.
    Have Hermath Stormhammer give quests to seek out each individual trophy mob.
    Each quest giving a shard and can only be done once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    The best solution for these trophy mobs is to ramp up the respawn rate and make them into individual bounty quests that you can only do weekly.
    Have Hermath Stormhammer give quests to seek out each individual trophy mob.
    Each quest giving a shard and can only be done once a week.
    ^ this.

atm the spawnrate is a joke. Havent seen the orc yet & i have played on a lot different times last week from earyl morning to night

It appears the spawn rate is exactly one hour.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Ah yes, " give me the rewards instantly and without any difficulties".

or the better suggestion I have seen in the thread: "Give me a daily instance to run every day so that I can get my reward from a dispenser".

Smh.

It appears the spawn rate is exactly one hour.
    This is not accurate, I'm afraid. I only have the warg to go, and the other day I scouted his single spawn point (the warg only has one, and yes I'm certain I was at the correct spot). I watched the spot for one hour and fifty minutes before life forced me to leave, and no spawn. I never left the area, I tracked regularly (hunter), and though other people rod eby on occasion, no-one lingered for long. It definitely didn't re-spawn in the time I was there.

This is not accurate, I'm afraid. I only have the warg to go, and the other day I scouted his single spawn point (the warg only has one, and yes I'm certain I was at the correct spot). I watched the spot for one hour and fifty minutes before life forced me to leave, and no spawn. I never left the area, I tracked regularly (hunter), and though other people rod eby on occasion, no-one lingered for long. It definitely didn't re-spawn in the time I was there.
    It is accurate: I suspect your issue was that there is not just one spot, there are multiple, though yes the warg's multiple spots are all in a cluster in those hills unlike the goblin who has a couple spawns north of that redhorn camp and a few spawns east of it. Yesterday we spent about 3 hours in a raid of kin, friends, and /world recruits (share the love) hunting the rares and getting slayer deeds done in between. We'd kill, mark down time, return to the area exactly one hour later, fan out and hunter track, and kill again once found
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Sounds like Sarnur 2 to me, though I haven't played this content properly yet. Sounds like a bit of fun. If it's really bugging people though, hit it after server resets.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

It is accurate: I suspect your issue was that there is not just one spot, there are multiple, though yes the warg's multiple spots are all in a cluster in those hills unlike the goblin who has a couple spawns north of that redhorn camp and a few spawns east of it. Yesterday we spent about 3 hours in a raid of kin, friends, and /world recruits (share the love) hunting the rares and getting slayer deeds done in between. We'd kill, mark down time, return to the area exactly one hour later, fan out and hunter track, and kill again once found
    In that case, being that you're the one with the detailed and tested information, could you please see your way to updating the LotRO wiki to reflect this, as currently it lists the various spawn points for each trophy, but lists only one single spawn point for the warg, the bull and the bat.

I'll see what I can do. I think I goofed and tried to recover password to the wrong email and per policy I get to try again in 24 hours. For now I've been using this, and I don't know the provenance of it (edit: I don't know how to @ forums users but came from Crell_1). Can corroborate most of those dots, haven't seen a couple others like the Krumpug in camp and the Muzbuk up north on the ledge (but the Bullroarer thread corroborates that one). And some of these are roaming so they're approximations.

Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Jun 20 2021 at 11:13 PM.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

I don't know the provenance of it forums users but came from Crell_1
    I compiled it but the source material is all from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lotrocompanion/ . All I did was a bit of photo editing to try and impose it all on a single map for easy viewing.

These are the spawn locations when it appears. I don't know anything about the pathing route or radius for mobs that move.

Skegghorn:
    66.7N,133.1W
    66.1N,132.9W
    66.3N,132.4W
    66.2N,132.1W
    66.5N,131.8W
    66.6N,131.9W

Krumpug
    72.1N,137.4W (two locations, close enough to each other that I'd need a 2nd decimal place which I don't have a way to read from the app)
    70.8N,137.2W
    70.2N,137.1W
    70.4N,136.8W
    70.1N,136.5W

Zaugnakh
    68.2N,138.1W
    68.0N,138.4W
    67.9N,138.3W
    67.5N,138.4W
    67.2N,138.4W
    67.0N,138.3W

Bagnaz Rot-Sting
    65.7N,135.6W
    65.7N,136.0W
    65.6N,135.9W
    64.9N,134.7W
    64.9N,134.4W
    64.7N,134.3W

Muzbuk
    69.8N,134.0W
    69.6N,134.0W
    69.3N,134.0W
    69.1N,134.0W
    69.0N,134.2W
    68.9N,134.2W
    Last edited by Crell_1; Jun 21 2021 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Forgot one of the Krumpug Spawns in the list
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler