We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where are the Midsummer hobbit presents?

None this year?

Quote Originally Posted by miserycompany View Post
    None this year?
    Hope they are gone. As a collector it was a nightmare to get all pets and mounts from there.

I wasn't fond of the MC lottery.. but I'd like a confirmation from SSG: did you decide not to add them this year or just forgot to turn them on?
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Shadowfax

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    I wasn't fond of the MC lottery.. but I'd like a confirmation from SSG: did you decide not to add them this year or just forgot to turn them on?

Devs?

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Hope they are gone. As a collector it was a nightmare to get all pets and mounts from there.
    Edit: Voluntarily retracting an overly harsh response.
    Last edited by Sovereign50; Jun 19 2021 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    I would like to know too. I didn´t have the chance to get them.

Not this time! We'll definitely have them back in the future, though.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I rather would like these items either on the barter or in the store.

Thank you for the picture in the announcement, Cordovan. Now I'm waiting on the housing decor pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks for confirming!
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Shadowfax

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

I hope those items will be available to get somehow though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mariden View Post
    I hope those items will be available to get somehow though :/
    Yes, indeed. Last time midsummer items in hobbit presents where almost half of all housing items overall. Now they aren't avaible? I hope, they will give us the chance to get them also this year, whereever!
    Server Belegaer

https://funkenflug.ag

Step 1 done.
    Step 2 Find a new home for the current hobbit presents
    Step 3 Find Yule and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign50 View Post
    Ah, what a selfish view. Don't introduce new items, but what of those that didn't have the opportunity to gather the old ones?
    They should be placed on the barter, not on a paid lottery.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Ah, what a selfish view. Don't introduce new items, but what of those that didn't have the opportunity to gather the old ones?
    Sorry, you missunderstood me. I meant: "I hope there will not be new ones". Everyone should have the chance to get the old ones. The best would be to put them to the barterer or at least in the shop to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Agreed - nothing in game should be locked behind predatory gambling mechanics.

A good way to do this would be to have the items available for barter and also in the hobbit presents. That way if you want a specific item you can barter for it but you also have the chance to get something for free which would be nice. What isn't nice is for people to feel forced or compelled to spend money for only a small chance to get what they want. It makes the system stressful and unfun.

Also imo you shouldn't be able to use mithril coins to reset the present countdown. It encourages problem gambling for people who want that one item and have no other way to get it.

Unhappy

That's a shame. I've been waiting all year for another chance to get the Midsummer cosmetic pets, which I was not lucky enough to get last year. The completionist in me is dying at the thought of waiting another year or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I don't disagree. I am an avid opponent of the lottery system and all future items should be by barter. However, to suddenly put the old items on barter when people paid MC isn't entirely fair either, but they're not really worth it individually on the store. I could get behind a '2020 Midsummer Collection' of the items. I guess you could argue that those who paid MC received exclusive early access to the items.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Sorry, you missunderstood me. I meant: "I hope there will not be new ones". Everyone should have the chance to get the old ones. The best would be to put them to the barterer or at least in the shop to buy.
    I apologise and withdraw the harsh response. I also agree with your sentiment.

I don't disagree. I am an avid opponent of the lottery system and all future items should be by barter. However, to suddenly put the old items on barter when people paid MC isn't entirely fair either, but they're not really worth it individually on the store. I could get behind a '2020 Midsummer Collection' of the items. I guess you could argue that those who paid MC received exclusive early access to the items.

I get that, and it probably would be frustrating, but, that also works both ways with many festival items. The festival lists have two lots of barter items, some for barter tokens and some for MC. It's just as frustrating that newer players have to pay MC for festival items, that other players got via barter. That really hurts the "better new player experience" they seem to be aiming for at present.

They couldn't even place the items on for MC and do it fairy under a "some players paid MC" system, because due to it being a lottery, some players may have paid hundreds of MC to get an item, and some may have paid just 2 MC. Others may have got it via a lucky free roll.

Early access is a thing, and we see it utilised and soaked up by players when new expansions hit and when lootboxes get updated also. They could keep their lottery for those that want to use it, and then place those same items on the barter a year later. The opposite of how MC for old steeds work.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 19 2021 at 03:35 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Try getting GI Joe, Barbie, Ken and My Little Pony down from the loft, much less grief surely?

There's not a lot of evidence that thoroughness is a prized asset when it comes to these things, you can hope it's on a to do check list prior to launch. We are to infer it's somehow "intended" now ofc because that's how spin is supposed to work saving a colleague's embarrassment, if that's what this is.

Those ahead of the game with all they need and a surfeit of currency will be wanting new stuff to get, those who stop building resources once the immediate is taken care of will stay behind. Prep, or just say no!

PS. you could make a dozen f2p accounts and try the silver presents lottery during festivals, when enabled.
    Last edited by Braer; Jun 19 2021 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irensaga View Post
    That's a shame. I've been waiting all year for another chance to get the Midsummer cosmetic pets, which I was not lucky enough to get last year. The completionist in me is dying at the thought of waiting another year or more.
    understandable, I really want to have the items back in the barterer-items
    Server Belegaer

Please no! Make them festival-only figments of splendour barters or something more reasonable.

so where can i get my missing pets now ? Because last time around not a single one from hobbit presents dropped for me.

Edit: Voluntarily retracting an overly harsh response.
    I don't find your initial response in the least harsh. RNG fluff = frustration as we might get none of what we want and multiples of things we don't have a use for and festivals are supposed to be for fun. Put festival items on festival vendors and never rng them again is my vote.

There are people planning and hoping for some items for decoration or for roleplay. A lot of them are now not available. I fully understand them, because for me housing is very important and due to the massive laggs last summer and holidays, I was not able to get them.
    Server Belegaer

Quote Originally Posted by andrane View Post
    so where can i get my missing pets now ? Because last time around not a single one from hobbit presents dropped for me.
    As others have mentioned, they should be on the barter, not lottery items. I also was disappointed that I didn't get the housing items I wanted but never want to see them as special gifts again. Don't ask for the hobbit wheel, ask for them to be put on the barter or even the store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast