We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sending Private Messages not working?

Hi,

I was trying to send a Private Message here on the Forum and I am not sure if it ever went through. Going to "Sent Items" in the "Private Messages" section shows 0 messages after I've sent it. So I was wondering if it is only displayed wrongly there or if there is an issue with Private Messages.

Thanks for any answer.

I seem to remember a post from Cordovan saying PMs and mail were being disabled on the forums. Couldn't find the post with a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirrup View Post
    I seem to remember a post from Cordovan saying PMs and mail were being disabled on the forums. Couldn't find the post with a quick look.
    This hasn't happened yet, but is likely. Unsure why this particular circumstance happened. If the Sent items folder isn't showing any sent items, then it almost certainly wasn't sent.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Hm, I was actually trying to send you a message, Cordovan... But I guess you haven't received it then

Quote Originally Posted by Craiden View Post
    Hm, I was actually trying to send you a message, Cordovan... But I guess you haven't received it then
    I did! Unsure why these messages weren't placed into your Sent folder.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

There used to be a check box to select save a sent message in the send folder...

Ah yes, that option is behind the Go Advanced button, thanks!

And also thanks for answering, Cordovan!

There's quite a bit you have to switch on.

Friends who've incurred bans with email notification switched off never get to see the reasons because they can't login in to see the messages bizarrely.

Quote Originally Posted by Craiden View Post
    Hi,

I was trying to send a Private Message here on the Forum and I am not sure if it ever went through. Going to "Sent Items" in the "Private Messages" section shows 0 messages after I've sent it. So I was wondering if it is only displayed wrongly there or if there is an issue with Private Messages.

Thanks for any answer.
    the same thing happened with a message I tried to send. (to the same person, coincidentally)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I did! Unsure why these messages weren't placed into your Sent folder.
    In my experience the items you send never go into the Sent folder and also because you never reply I also thought that sending PMs were disabled or at least the "reply" function which is what I usually use to reply to ask why you have sanctioned me
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by TearMaker View Post
    In my experience the items you send never go into the Sent folder and also because you never reply I also thought that sending PMs were disabled or at least the "reply" function which is what I usually use to reply to ask why you have sanctioned me
    "Don't save a copy of sent messages" is the default forum setting in General Settings.

The "reply" selection would include the reference to the received message. In times past I'd imagine the subject line could influence the order messages are read when/ if un-read ones mount up (charity drives and event etc.) or at other busy times. One indicating a slap on the wrist might not carry so much weight.

I choose to have a popup display on receiving messages, but it's a rare occurrence. Cord may not just because of the likely frequency of messaging. I don't know what may encourage Cord to select one message over another but I ponder:

Have you seen what <playername> was saying on their stream last night?
    I donated 5 grand on the <charityname> a month ago and still not received all my goodies!
    I love yous
    $%^££$$*$* hey %%%£"£%(
    Here's a link to a great landscape champ AE build...
    The Green skill you keep keep hitting is an enemy target only skill. Get a stack of crafted horns for 10 second stuns as well.

He might consider an inaccurate subject line as trolling though. An irony with so many of his country men and women totally taken in buy malicious trolling.

You may have me on ignore or missed my previous post; last contact I had with messaging was admonishment for quoting someone who had me on ignore, something I am yet to discover a setting to switch on to reveal and left hanging awaiting a reply.