We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't start the Midsummer quests :(

As a returning player, I'm excited about experiencing this festival for the first time but I've either missed something or there is a bug. I picked up A Fondness for Festivity (Intro), In Celebration of Midsummer and The Majesty of Midsummer. All appear to be meta quests. But there are no other quests available to me. The Reveller next to Faeleth is supposed to start a quest chain. She won't talk to me. There is nothing in the citadel, either. I tried closing the game and logging back in - no difference.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_Me View Post
    As a returning player, I'm excited about experiencing this festival for the first time but I've either missed something or there is a bug. I picked up A Fondness for Festivity (Intro), In Celebration of Midsummer and The Majesty of Midsummer. All appear to be meta quests. But there are no other quests available to me. The Reveller next to Faeleth is supposed to start a quest chain. She won't talk to me. There is nothing in the citadel, either. I tried closing the game and logging back in - no difference.

What am I missing?
    Try leaving the region and going back.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Also look more carefully in buildings. I know the wedding quest is always available even when there is no festival but you need to go to the tower on the top level and actually go in to the tower before you find it.

I thought exiting the game and reloading would do it. But I tried going to the Shire and back. Still nothing. I can't get started.

There are no quests for me anywhere on that level.

I take that back. A Midsummer's Welcome is indeed inside the tower. Its not from the reveller on the first level. Thank you!

Strange. I can't get the quest "A Fondness for Festivity (Intro)" - Faeleth doesn't have it for me. I've got "The Majesty of Midsummer" and the meta quest to do 10 festival quests. But the other one is missing.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Strange. I can't get the quest "A Fondness for Festivity (Intro)" - Faeleth doesn't have it for me. I've got "The Majesty of Midsummer" and the meta quest to do 10 festival quests. But the other one is missing.
    Same here. Tried completing a daily quest, relogging, leaving the zone and coming back, and relogging in a different zone. Nothing has made the "A Fondness for Festivity (Intro)" appear on Faeleth so far.
    My first raid idea.
    The Third
    The Second (Technically the third, but the real second one I have disowned!)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_Me View Post

What am I missing?
    Check if by chance you haven't added those quests to the Filter (out) list. Maybe you added them & forgot.

My main on my other account also cant get the fondness quest.
    Just the other 2. I sent a bug report hopefully a fix. Otherwise no way for that character to get the rewards.
    Not in filter, but they did it last year.
    My other character on same account that didnt do them last year, got all 3.

Checked another character that did them last year. Was moved to another layer as i ported in, in case its a layer issue. They also only get majesty and celebration. Not fondness.
    Last edited by DwarfMover; Jun 17 2021 at 02:15 PM.

I also cannot get the Fondness for Festivity quest on my main which is annoying as done 10 quests today. And it is late in UK so if I send ticket in will just get closed as will not be online for much longer as need sleep.
    Gilreth, L130 Minstrel & Armoursmith Laurelin
    Chief of Tavern Appreciation Society
    Rosmaria, Hunter & Explorer - plus numerous other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    I've got the same problem as well. I was given the other two quests, but cannot find "A Fondness for Festivity (Intro)". Not sure if it should be auto-bestowed or offered by Faeleth, but either way it isn't available and I'm positive it's not being filtered out. I hope this is fixed soon.

The quest A Fondness for Festivity (Intro) and later tiers is supposed to auto-bestow (if you don't have it) when you take the daily In Celebration of Midsummer.

The first day (Thursday), although I had the overall wrapper The Majesty of Midsummer, A Fondness for Festivity (Intro) did not pop on my main, who had completed all tiers last year. It did pop on a character that had not completed all the tiers (although that could just be a coincidence).

The good news is that, after reset, now Friday, when I took the daily In Celebration of Midsummer, A Fondness for Festivity (Intro) did auto-bestow on my main, so I'm happy.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Truroar / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval michaleo.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michaleo View Post
    The quest A Fondness for Festivity (Intro) and later tiers is supposed to auto-bestow (if you don't have it) when you take the daily In Celebration of Midsummer.

The first day (Thursday), although I had the overall wrapper The Majesty of Midsummer, A Fondness for Festivity (Intro) did not pop on my main, who had completed all tiers last year. It did pop on a character that had not completed all the tiers (although that could just be a coincidence).

The good news is that, after reset, now Friday, when I took the daily In Celebration of Midsummer, A Fondness for Festivity (Intro) did auto-bestow on my main, so I'm happy.
    Thank you, this is good news! I'll have to try it as soon as I get home from work. And: I think the popping up of the quest is not related to having completed all tiers last year, because my main who completed all last year didn't get the quest whereas a kinmate's main who also completed everything last year did get it.

This is good news as had the same problem on my main. Just logged in and got the A Fondness for Festivity (Intro) today

Just tried something - need to pick up the The Majesty of Midsummer quest first from Faeloth before the daily to get the Fondness for Festivity (Intro) to auto bestow on picking up In Celebration of Midsummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilreth_EU View Post
    Just tried something - need to pick up the The Majesty of Midsummer quest first from Faeloth before the daily to get the Fondness for Festivity (Intro) to auto bestow on picking up In Celebration of Midsummer.
    I did that yesterday and the quest didn't show up - but, as others mentioned a few posts above, today on the 2nd day of the festival I was able to get the Fondness quest.

Thankfully, "A Fondness for Festivity (Intro)" did auto-bestow for me as well after I accepted the daily "In Celebration of Midsummer" today. No idea why it didn't show up yesterday, but I hope it is now working for everyone.