We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    It's nowhere even close. What's shown on that mask of Tutankhamun is him wearing a nemes, that's the striped head-cloth that the Pharaoh traditionally wore. There was a head-band to keep it sitting neatly on his head (that's the bit with the little figure of a snake on it), but the rest was just cloth pleated to drape that way.

Ancient Egyptian armour looked nothing like that, either.
    You are so quick to contradict you don’t even read what I wrote. The dwarf golden armor made me think of the golden mask. Yet you are arguing minutia about what the mask is supposed to depict. As far as I’m concerned, these are ancient Egyptian dwarves…

It's dodgy writing either way. The Dwarves were super patriarchal when it came to who was in charge (like how when the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves were made, the women had been literally just an afterthought*) so it'd always be a guy in charge. Makes sense if you consider that kings are meant to be war-leaders whereas as far as lore goes, Dwarf-women never went to war.
    They've stepped as far away as they could from the original notions about Dwarves we find in Tolkien's writings. Sad IMO since their depiction of ME is usually spot on, yet they've decided to cave in to very very modern concepts this time.

Devs: some of us read all the quests... it's not just a couple of "Kings" that you've let slip.
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Shadowfax

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

It's dodgy writing either way. The Dwarves were super patriarchal when it came to who was in charge (like how when the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves were made, the women had been literally just an afterthought*) so it'd always be a guy in charge. Makes sense if you consider that kings are meant to be war-leaders whereas as far as lore goes, Dwarf-women never went to war.

*Just imagine what Yavanna would have had to say to Aulë about that. As it was she got her own back by making the Ents, so that the Dwarves couldn't just cut down all the trees they wanted.
    Agreed 100%.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Given what sources SSG can use they do a pretty good job with names, I always assumed they couldn't use Tolkien's names for the dwarf houses, also During a lotro lore chat once, Dourhands are just bad dwarves and the name Dourhand comes strait from the text unrelated to dwarves but they used it highlighted in white. Dour does also mean unfriendly

and the dour-handed Dúnedain, Rangers of the North, leading a great valour of the folk of Lebennin and Lamedon and the fiefs of the South. But before all went Aragorn with the Flame of the West, Andúril like a new fire kindled, Narsil re-forged as deadly as of old: and upon his brow was the Star of Elendil. The Return of the Ring, Book V, Chapter VI, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Anemonellie Hobbit Guardian. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    You are so quick to contradict you don’t even read what I wrote. The dwarf golden armor made me think of the golden mask. Yet you are arguing minutia about what the mask is supposed to depict. As far as I’m concerned, these are ancient Egyptian dwarves…
    Sounds to me like you've just latched onto something at random because it also happens to be shiny. Like you literally didn't get past "this looks gold and it made me think of this one other thing that's old and gold".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2