We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

WB and New Line Animated LOTR film

It seems Amazons LOTR TV series won't be only new Middle-earth film will get, New Line and Warner Bros announced title "The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim."

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/l...on-1234993740/
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Anemonellie Hobbit Guardian. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some Screenshots of Middle-Earth taken over the years, and screenshots of different Cosmetic outfits I've put together.

Looks like theatrical Middle-Earth movies are back on the menu, boys!

I am excited for this. We've seen in LOTRO how half a page of history notes from the Appendices can be turned into an epic, emotionally resonant story. If they do that in a movie I can watch on the big screen, I am all for it.

I'm stoked

It will be interesting to see how it will look, given this is going to be directed by a Japanese animator and film maker, If anything like Studio Ghibli style it could very well look good, but will wait and see how its done.
    Alts: Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Anemonellie Hobbit Guardian. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some Screenshots of Middle-Earth taken over the years, and screenshots of different Cosmetic outfits I've put together.

I just hope it's not woke.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it will look, given this is going to be directed by a Japanese animator and film maker, If anything like Studio Ghibli style it could very well look good, but will wait and see how its done.
    That director frequently works with this studio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_I.G

Looking at what they've done, I'm super excited about it. GITS and stand alone complex are among my favorites of all time.. (He works with a different team if it's 3d, and I'm really hoping it's not 3d. I actually like 3d animation but Middle-earth would be better in 2d and I looked at that other studio and I'm not impressed with their style lol)

I mean, it's a great style!

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    That director frequently works with this studio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_I.G

Looking at what they've done, I'm super excited about it. GITS and stand alone complex are among my favorites of all time.. (He works with a different team if it's 3d, and I'm really hoping it's not 3d. I actually like 3d animation but Middle-earth would be better in 2d and I looked at that other studio and I'm not impressed with their style lol)
    It is nice looking style and just to note it will not be 3D its going to be 2d hand drawn in Japan, one of the Producer's posted a tweet being excited about telling a story in Tolkien's world and that they are a LOTR nerd, they also confirmed it being 2D.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    It is nice looking style and just to note it will not be 3D its going to be 2d hand drawn in Japan, one of the Producer's posted a tweet being excited about telling a story in Tolkien's world and that they are a LOTR nerd, they also confirmed it being 2D.
    I will post my favorite gif for situations such as this