We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Glimmering Ithil Runes Drop Rates....

Hello Everyone!

Just curious if anyone can confirm, do these only drop twice per week when you run the MM instances, as favored loot? Or can I run these each day to try to get them?

I'm trying to get a handful so that my Alt's LI's have decent runes, but I haven't pulled any in weeks it seems. Alternatively, it seems i'm getting Ithilgalad crafting components almost every other run.

What is everyone else seeing in drop rates and any secrets you can share?

Should I only be running these on T2 or T3 with others? Currently I'm just doing them solo on 3 different Level 130 Alts but it's starting to feel like I'll never pull another one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0striven View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Just curious if anyone can confirm, do these only drop twice per week when you run the MM instances, as favored loot? Or can I run these each day to try to get them?

I'm trying to get a handful so that my Alt's LI's have decent runes, but I haven't pulled any in weeks it seems. Alternatively, it seems i'm getting Ithilgalad crafting components almost every other run.

What is everyone else seeing in drop rates and any secrets you can share?

Should I only be running these on T2 or T3 with others? Currently I'm just doing them solo on 3 different Level 130 Alts but it's starting to feel like I'll never pull another one!
    I haven't seen anything official about drop limits, favoured, or if there is a higher drop chance on higher tiers. It feels very RNGy, I normally just do the weekly MM weeklies to get VXP for virtues and I have a ton of them sitting on an alt.

In my experience they drop pretty regularly on MM 6 mans even on tier 1. Not so much on 3 mans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0striven View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I suspect you have confused two different drop items. Ithilharn shards drop twice per week in the Minas Morgul instances as part of a set of weekly repeatable quests. The Ithil Runics are a rare loot drop from the MM instance boss chests.

The repeatable quests are auto-bestowed the first time you start any MM instance after the weekly quest reset (Thursdays).
    The Ithil runics are a rare drop from boss chests inside the MM instances and can drop during any run (solos and group, any tier).
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)