We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The grind for the Kharum-ubnar is pretty hefty, but the rewards past acquaintance are entirely cosmetic. That said, I do take issue with the fact that the frost-eagle seems rather...small
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    The grind for the Kharum-ubnar is pretty hefty, but the rewards past acquaintance are entirely cosmetic. That said, I do take issue with the fact that the frost-eagle seems rather...small
    Wait what? The Snowy Eagle is just a scaled down version of the Lore-Master Tundra Eagle?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

If you people spent more time reading quest text rather than moaning on forums, you would understand why we start as outsider with the Khurum-ubnar.
    From the wiki:
    The Kharum-ubnâr, the Brethren of Survivors, is a reputation faction based in Akrâz-zahar in Erebor. The order is composed of veterans of the Sixth War of Dwarves and Orcs and the family and descendants of the Burned Dwarves of Azanulbizar
    For the same reason, the max reputation is Ally not Kindred.
    So it takes 20k less reputation to reach max reputation than with a standard faction. And considering that people have already reached max standing 2 weeks after release, it hardly seems like an insurmountable grind.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_mck View Post
    If you people spent more time reading quest text rather than moaning on forums, you would understand why we start as outsider with the Khurum-ubnar.
    From the wiki:
    The Kharum-ubnâr, the Brethren of Survivors, is a reputation faction based in Akrâz-zahar in Erebor. The order is composed of veterans of the Sixth War of Dwarves and Orcs and the family and descendants of the Burned Dwarves of Azanulbizar
    For the same reason, the max reputation is Ally not Kindred.
    So it takes 20k less reputation to reach max reputation than with a standard faction. And considering that people have already reached max standing 2 weeks after release, it hardly seems like an insurmountable grind.
    The issue is that the whole grind is based on 300 rep per quest and there are 10 quests per day, and one weekly to complete 10. So, reputation is 3000 per day x 7 days = 21K, plus 500 for the weekly.

21,500 rep, per week for 71 instances/quest hand ins. That's not possible to finish over the space of a couple of weeks, at least not without doubling up with rep tomes.

I don't know about you, but I think 71 instances for 21,500 rep is quite the grind. We can hand ten tasks in per day for the same kind of numbers in various factions and it takes a minute or two.

But that's not the infuriating part. What's really annoying is reaching the currency cap with very little to spend it on, long, long before you get even half way through the rep grind.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I also don't understand why they didn't make the ub missions give 500 rep like the ak ones did. It's not like you're able to barter for anything useful when you hit max rep.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Yes, you have to use the rep accelerators from the skirm camp, but with those you can reach max standing in a couple of weeks. My main toon is at max standing already.
    If you are doing the weekly mission quests for the vxp and shards, just do the Erebor ones exclusively for a couple of weeks, and you too can have a cart pony.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2