We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kharum-ubnar mission reputation

300 per Mission is far too low (and lower as on all other missions) when you even start as Outsider ...

The reward is low for the obvious reason - to give some of us a reason to keep doing the missions.

If I'm not mistaken, that means to max out rep, one would have to complete each of the 10 missions every day, for 30 days.

Even for SSG grind standards, that seems 'a bit' excessive.

(To make us start as outsider for no reason whatsoever is just the cherry on top, I guess.
    The person at SSG responsible for this probably had a good laugh about it ... [insert Spanish-laughing-guy-meme here])

Quote Originally Posted by Onno View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that means to max out rep, one would have to complete each of the 10 missions every day, for 30 days.

(To make us start as outsider for no reason whatsoever is just the cherry on top, I guess.
    The person at SSG responsible for this probably had a good laugh about it ... [insert Spanish-laughing-guy-meme here])
    Thank you for the math. I know I won't do it. It seems they make every grind so excessive that even those of us who normally max all reputations and do the landscape meta just don't care anymore. But if I don't see me finishing these at least once the value of the pack becomes less. And that is something they should care about. Guess I wait on a sale next year now.

Yes, its too slow. I gave up already from that rep.

Quote Originally Posted by andrane View Post
    300 per Mission is far too low (and lower as on all other missions) when you even start as Outsider ...
    Yeah I did see it too.
    I have done the 10 missions on the first day in my main main (toon + account ) and that will be all.
    I will not even try to be neutral to take the return skill... And I don't think I will do it on any other character (if I do, I will absolutely not redo the mission : Trouble at the High Crag. Too much light with the Vicious Cold, my eyes were not pleased by it).

94 missions to reach aquaintance level which is the first level at which you can barter for anything other than travel skills, at which point you'll likely have 410+ tokens.

Going for kindred seems excessive and unnecessary at this stage with absolutely no reward for doing so; if acquaintance gets you to over 400 tokens out of a 500 cap, which will be enough for a full set of new level 130-gated gear and plenty of change, then I suspect there will be future missions with different rewards to get you the rest of the way with this rep as part of the Gundabad expansion.

Its going to be painful to run some of these missions 9 times over, I quail at the thought of doing each one 30 times for no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Uroc View Post

It's amazing how SSG keeps injecting ways to frustrate even those remaining customers who DO want to use their latest content.

Quote Originally Posted by Onno View Post

These missions are different to the previous ones also. they have a good number of signatures and some elites involved. While this makes them fun to do, they take longer - they are not more difficult, just more lengthy. Add that to a massive grind and lack of reward and it's a recipe for something that will slip to the wayside.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Thank you for the information! I was waiting for some feedback on the new region before deciding to purchase and stick with Middle Earth.

Reputation grinds suck. Reputation grinds doing unfun things like Missions sucks more. Thirty days of unfun is unbearable. Making me pay a premium price for thirty days of reputation grind doing unfun things is right out.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    So, I decided to try the Bugan event. I give it two out of five stars. I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!

Just what we all need, more long and frustrating grinds....

Everyone knows by now.
    the more SSG makes us grind = the more $$ in their pocket from frustrated players who buy whatever they can to make the process faster. SSG is smart.. i.e. "Hey guys spend $65 and we'll take your toon to lvl 120" ..

too bad the LOTRO community cant get together and go on a Spending Strike. I know the marvel Strike Force community was able to do it back in the day, it actually worked. Got the devs attention and changes were made.

bottom line, while players use the store, there is literally no incentive to change anything .
    Krahjarngladiator r10 reaver Spidermaan r10 weaver Shadowsfear r8 warg Vaineatter r8 Warleader Voodoomagoo r7 defiler Vilearrow r6 ba
    Arrowdain r7 hunter

Just buy reptutation accelerators in the skirmish camp and you can half the grind. Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Just buy reptutation accelerators in the skirmish camp and you can half the grind. Easy

Yeah, because the Devs would never think of messing with the cost and effect of rep accelerators in skirmish camps.

Oh...wait...

Don't overlook task items for reputation to help as well. Those can always help and it looks like they are using the same type that fall in other 130 zones, so you may already have a stockpile of some of them.

I'm in the camp that will just do the missions the first time for the set bonus (did yesterday), but I'll make it a point to go submit tasks every so often since I'm not really in a rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0striven View Post
    Don't overlook task items for reputation to help as well. (...) I'll make it a point to go submit tasks every so often since I'm not really in a rush...
    Don't overlook that that's a different rep faction

As in other areas, the task items do not affect the mission-based rep.

Something else I noticed about some of these Missions

At least one of these 10 Missions has a different effect that normal.

The mob-bodies, after defeat, do not fade away...they stay there and apparently will never fade away.

I kind of liked that. Not sure why, but I did.

Bo

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

While I fully understand why people hate the grind, I don't understand why they feel compelled to suffer it, like.. at all. Is your willpower at such abysmal levels that you feel you either need to sit through it or cough up some hard-earned cash better spent on other things than ingame stuff which is bound to become absolete 6 months from now? Look to yourself before you point fingers. Why is it you feel you need to 'complete' this? What will you miss out on by not completing it? Is what you're gaining worth the effort? I've a feeling the answers will be 'nothing, nothing and no' and yet there you are.. toiling like ants, but unlike an ant, your efforts are 100% worthless, futile and yield nothing of value at all. Weakness is what it is. A swarm and there's too many of you. Hence the current state of the game, a state in which it'll remain untill the switch gets pulled. And you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruyn View Post
    While I fully understand why people hate the grind, I don't understand why they feel compelled to suffer it, like.. at all. Is your willpower at such abysmal levels that you feel you either need to sit through it or cough up some hard-earned cash better spent on other things than ingame stuff which is bound to become absolete 6 months from now? Look to yourself before you point fingers. Why is it you feel you need to 'complete' this? What will you miss out on by not completing it? Is what you're gaining worth the effort? I've a feeling the answers will be 'nothing, nothing and no' and yet there you are.. toiling like ants, but unlike an ant, your efforts are 100% worthless, futile and yield nothing of value at all. Weakness is what it is. A swarm and there's too many of you. Hence the current state of the game, a state in which it'll remain untill the switch gets pulled. And you'll only have yourselves to blame.
    Ermmmm, Nope. Like I said earlier, this will quickly fall by the wayside. There are no real rewards behind this faction, so the only reason to really do these missions is for a count towards the weekly mission wrapper, and they are far too lengthy to qualify for that when there are plenty of others that go much faster. I don't think many will "feel compelled to suffer" these when they can jump into Elderslade and do 8 missions in the time it takes to do maybe 3 or 4 of these new ones.

There was some talk on the forum about these increasing in difficulty not too long ago, but they've got it wrong with their implementation as usual. They are not more difficult, they just take longer and the rewards are lower than what other, much faster missions can bring in. The path of least resistance will kick in pretty quickly and they will see the data early.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    At least one of these 10 Missions has a different effect that normal.

The mob-bodies, after defeat, do not fade away...they stay there and apparently will never fade away.

I kind of liked that. Not sure why, but I did.

Bo
    Sadly only because in another mission you get to plunge a banner in the chests of all the corpses. Personally I dislike the corpses showing unnecessarily.

You'd think we'd have cheaper pricing when it's all copy/paste/edit content building now? I wish loading and release wasn't so directly tied to pops. Just played some in the dead of night, only 100+ non-anon, and every mission was slick loading mobs and turning in.

It's a good job Evernight has the 20% off store pricing in compensation for the constant peak time delays.

hope SSG will correct this as soon as possible, makes no sense due to the aim to get rid of too much grind stuff
    Server Belegaer

https://funkenflug.ag

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruyn View Post
    Cambruyn, I really don't comprehend the point of your post. TBH, it's a little... rambly. You seem to be equating completionism with weakness. People play the game for all sorts of different reasons, and completionism is a valid motivational driver for folks to engage with it. Maybe not your cup of tea, but no-one's trying to force completionism on you. Play how you wish.

But, you didn't stop with the completionism=weakness (false) characterization, you went on to lament "the current state of the game", because "there's too many of you" (too many completionists? huh?), and for good measure, tossed in the dire prediction of "the switch get[ting] pulled" (LOTRO cancelled, due to completionism? didn't see that coming).

Could you perhaps clearly and succinctly explain why completionism poses an existential threat to the game?

If anything, I think it's the opposite: the "weak" (scare quotes) completionists buying rep accelerators and the like, help to subsidize the "strong" (scare quotes) non-completionists, to accomplish whatever the latter are trying to accomplish, in the game. Sometimes people seem to overlook, or forget, that there's a finite budget for the game. Anything that generates revenue in one facet (e.g. completionism, VIP) opens up opportunities in other facets (e.g non-completionism, F2P). If you're a non-completionist, then good for you!, but perhaps you should (inwardly, if not out loud) thank all the completionists that patronize the store, and help make your non-completionism possible, or at least, less costly. Instead, you characterize them as weak, compare them to swarms of insects, etc. Seems ungrateful.

P.S. While it would be inflammatory -- and probably a violation of the Community Rules -- for me to be specific, there was a point in world history where human beings were routinely compared to insects. Ultimately, it didn't end well. Such comparisons should be avoided, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Uroc View Post
    I did it for one day and decided %^*&($# this nonsense.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post

You and a LOT of others as well. Myself included. Will SSG never learn? Why bother putting out new content if it's designed to frustrate and drive-away so many of the people trying to play your game?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    Same here, the rep reward is ridiculous. You shouldn't have to repeat those 10 missions more than 5 times to get all the deeds related to them done. Anything beyond that should be for daily/weekly repeatable rewards.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast