We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lag in new area

Lag in new area

I know this issue is like beating a dead horse, but seriously SSG, new area is unplayable (at least on Evernight) due to delay lag.

Accepting quests = long lag
    Handing in quests = long lag
    Fighting mobs = long lags
    Interacting with quest items = long lag
    Whatever you do in new area = long lag

The list is very long.

I don't understand why the lag issue is still here after basically years now of countless complain threads here on forums.

I know you think that by your silence on this topic, you think people will eventually stop raising this issue, but no, it will not happen!

Fix the damn delay lag already!!

Allowing for Day#1 of new release it was still pretty grim

General Error on using Stablemaster and also on trying to interact with NPC. >5 minutes to open the shared vault in Erebor.

Don't use the Warsteed in the forested areas, too many trees with the lag.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

I've been waiting for a while to see a blue response to this topic. Everything related to lag is being ignored.
    Even on Cordovan's streams I asked so many times if they have any updates on lag issues and as usual I've been ignored.
    Now we got a new update and my character can't even perform basic actions. Such a shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyot View Post
    I've been waiting for a while to see a blue response to this topic. Everything related to lag is being ignored.
    Lag is not being ignored as SSG knows very well about lag in lotro and they talked about it time and time again, if was an easy fix would been done long ago, but it is what it is...
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Anemonellie Hobbit Guardian. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Lag is not being ignored as SSG knows very well about lag in lotro and they talked about it time and time again, if was an easy fix would been done long ago, but it is what it is...
    Time and time again? Can you point us to the numerous threads where blue names where they talked about lag time and time again?

I undersnatd beeing a fanboy, but the lag issue simply cannot be defdended. Nowadays lag that exists for a year now, and in many cases makes the game unplayable for many people is not acceptable, and undefendable.

New update with new area in a top MMO, and the lag makes it unplaybale. This is absolutely unacceptable, and we need a deffinite answer WHAT is beeing done about it, and WHEN this issue will be solved.

There was a change made to the way WoTP areas and Missions were created/loaded that caused woeful loading and errors accessing storage and mail among other things. Because it wasn't acknowledged you have to think SSG are locked into it now through to Gunderbad and beyond.

I must say, lag is extreme now. Its beyond extreme of extremes. Ive been here when MM was released, vales and lots xp. Havent seen such lags so far. Its even during the day, not evening. I see 500 no anon ppl and i have 20s lags on actions. MM was just smoooth and super fast comparing to this.
    Ive been monitoring my connection, got the same ping 150ms 0 losses as always whole the time. Its all server lags. Hamsters are just burning.
    SSG really need to make this top prior of all. What is the reason to release the new xp when you cant play it. I just get super annoyed trying to fight mobs when I cant execute skills but dots are ticking, awesome. I see mobs and other ppl just jumping around, everything is laging as hell.
    I just finished some of the quests there and i am full of it. I probably wait couple of days or something, because its just unplayable right now. On the other hand, weekend will be probably armageddon...

I don't suffer with much lag, with the exception of handing in missions in Elderslade. But, the new area is super laggy, or it was when I played it a little last night. Proper, full on lag spikes, where I'd freeze on the spot, and nothing would respond at all, every two or three minutes, each lasting a minute or two. I gave up in the end.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Many players in new area in reduced amount of time is always equal to potential lag for many. I suffer a bit of stuttering when surrounded by many other players, but move away a bit and it almost completely stops.

Solution = avoid crowded areas. That has been true since I started playing in 2013 and - according to many - it was true before that. You can also try reducing you gfx settings from Ultra High on everything to perhaps a bit less and suddenly the game is playable again.

Having said that, it is better than it was, I remember the launch of Minas Tirith and it was probably 10 times worse.

Personally I hardly ever experience severe lag or loss of connection.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

This has been an ongoing issue ever since back in the days of "Lagtrev", but it seems to have gotten exponentially worse in the recently-released areas.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Is it intended, that the bridge archers - where we are supposed to fetch the arrows from - respawn within seconds, while I am struggling to get a simple wizard's fire out?

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

New area on Evernight today is even worse than yesterday.

Majority of my kin mates logged off because it was literally impossible to do anything. It is a nightmare, and please stop saying that it's crowded etc.

I play other MMO's, and i have never experienced such issues even in freshly added areas.

The lag makes the new area unplayable.

World Chat on Evernight was full of negativity about this issue, so are you planning to do something about it it (finally) SSG?

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Many players in new area in reduced amount of time is always equal to potential lag for many. I suffer a bit of stuttering when surrounded by many other players, but move away a bit and it almost completely stops.

Solution = avoid crowded areas. That has been true since I started playing in 2013 and - according to many - it was true before that. You can also try reducing you gfx settings from Ultra High on everything to perhaps a bit less and suddenly the game is playable again.

Having said that, it is better than it was, I remember the launch of Minas Tirith and it was probably 10 times worse.

Personally I hardly ever experience severe lag or loss of connection.
    Poor excuse. I logged in the morning 2021-06-09 EU-time, i see 500 people anonymous, and heavy lag. When western rohan came out there where thousand of people and not even close too this. I didnt even see this effect when MM came out either.

It was confirmed on the latest stream that they plan to upgrade the hardware on the high population servers.
    Apparently it will take months (maybe?). That pretty much means that the upcoming expansion will be released with the current issues.
    Tbh I can't understand how most of the community has reached this level on indifference and just accept the lag as being part of the game (even more if you are paying for this product).

Quote Originally Posted by Anglion1 View Post
    Time and time again? Can you point us to the numerous threads where blue names where they talked about lag time and time again?
    Not so much in threads, this forum isn't the main communications channel anymore (sadly), but in friday's stream Severlin said it is number 2 priority. Number 1 is U31. He even gave a little bit of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    Not so much in threads, this forum isn't the main communications channel anymore (sadly), but in friday's stream Severlin said it is number 2 priority. Number 1 is U31. He even gave a little bit of detail.
    Too bad half of the server i play on already moved to other games

Agreed that it is just unplayable at the minute, I've seen at least one thread praising the update and wondered how exactly they were able to play it through to the point where they felt is was that good, I've been having to give up after a maximum of 10 mins and I spend those 10 minutes cursing loudly

I did wonder is it just Evernight or is it common to all servers

Also the really annoying thing for me is that the lag only affects me and not what I'm interacting with, fighting a troll yesterday hit major lag and when it decided to work again I was dead just like that all my progress fighting to get to that point lost

Meanwhile they open 2 new servers that most likely will not help in saving resources to fix the current lag. Don't think this is the way to go, closing and opening new servers every few months.
    Waste of resources while slowly losing players from main servers. Focus on what you have now, instead of making it worse than it is atm. Numbers are half of what we had last summer on Evernight. Wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyot View Post
    Meanwhile they open 2 new servers that most likely will not help in saving resources to fix the current lag. Don't think this is the way to go, closing and opening new servers every few months.
    Waste of resources while slowly losing players from main servers. Focus on what you have now, instead of making it worse than it is atm. Numbers are half of what we had last summer on Evernight. Wake up!

Im very curious how you have the statestics on the server popoulation, since you must be the first player in the lotro history that can provide that.

Lets admit it... you are pissed, so decided to go for number argument you just pulled out of your head and... The "half" number sounded nice to your arguments?
    Its always half or one third, when people try to argue their point, but they really do not have a good one, just beng pissed.

You started your post so well, with good arguments, then destroyed it in the end with a number you cannot prove.

PS! Not a fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    Im very curious how you have the statestics on the server popoulation, since you must be the first player in the lotro history that can provide that.

Lets admit it... you are pissed, so decided to go for number argument you just pulled out of your head and... The "half" number sounded nice to your arguments?
    Its always half or one third, when people try to argue their point, but they really do not have a good one, just beng pissed.

You started your post so well, with good arguments, then destroyed it in the end with a number you cannot prove.

PS! Not a fanboy.
    It's not a rocket science to just observe the number of non anon people on the server genius

I see same drop in numbers as he does.

As for the news from Severlin, it looks like new expansion will be released with lag problem, so if we have such terrible lag now i don;t even want to think how terrible it will be once the expansion hits...

But of course new "legendary" servers will be added... they have time for that.

[QUOTE=in friday's stream Severlin said it is number 2 priority. Number 1 is U31. He even gave a little bit of detail.[/QUOTE]

I'm really struggling to understand SSGs approach, so much effort to release an update that looks really good but is completely unplayable and the number 1 priority is to release another update that surely will be even worse. There is no logic to this at all

Quote Originally Posted by Anglion1 View Post
    It's not a rocket science to just observe the number of non anon people on the server genius

I see same drop in numbers as he does.

As for the news from Severlin, it looks like new expansion will be released with lag problem, so if we have such terrible lag now i don;t even want to think how terrible it will be once the expansion hits...

But of course new "legendary" servers will be added... they have time for that.
    Yeah, im on EN also and its pretty much half the size now.

No 2 priority you say?

I haven't watched the latest stream, not good for anyone's mental health. Playing so badly just to engender pity from a certain very narrow demographic has gotten so old. Pathetic!

Are you sure it was Sev? The guy who's done his very best to cut the server capacity to the bone and let the systems/devs ignore any impact on the game's performance with the shortcuts they come up with for content creation? The one pushing U31 using the same tech? Number two, really?

When did harvesting the faithful go down the priority list?

You'll be telling me next that staffers are all playing on Evernight now to really get to understand the issue when pops are above the 200+ of their usual servers or the next Worldbuilder stream is covering WotTP or BoA on live and not the now ancient SoA+ areas on an internal server?

If it was such a priority they'd have to reverse the choices enforced by Daybreak and Turbine before them that so badly effected game play. Reminds me of the car salesman who sold me a car needing a front respray and had it "covered" - by touch up pot - I did demand and get my respray, they lost any future custom.

Now you must be pulling my leg with new servers bringing tedious DDO tiering mechanics from raiding to landscape?

I am no fan of the streams, but the producer chat or Q&A sessions contain the most useful info you'll get from SSG, I do watch those ones.
    And as an additional bonus: no gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Solution = avoid crowded areas
    It's an MMO, it's supposed to be crowded
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.