We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bullroarer Update 30: Interlude: Blood of Azog & Tales of Yore: Azanulbizar

Interlude: Blood of Azog

After the escape of Gorgar, son of Bolg, and the sealing of the gates of Mount Gundabad by Hrímil Frost-heart, Prince Durin faces his first true test. As Durin weighs whether it will be vengeance or wisdom that guides his hand, Lord Glóin's thoughts turn to conflicts of old. All too familiar with the triumphs and sorrows of Durin's Folk, Glóin hopes that a lesson in history might temper Prince Durin's desire to bring the War of Three Peaks to an end at all cost.

Blood of Azog introduces a new story set after the events of the War of Three Peaks, introducing new characters and allowing the player to experience historical moments in Middle-earth’s history as Prince Durin and the Gabil'akkâ make ready to reclaim Mount Gundabad. Players can begin this story by talking to Glóin inside Annâk-khurfu in Elderslade, and it serves as a prologue for adventures to come in Gundabad.

Tales of Yore: Azanulbizar

Among the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain, studious scholars have kept detailed accounts of the history of Durin’s Folk. Within these lengthy volumes, there is the tale of the Sixth War of the Dwarves and Orcs, which ended with the Battle of Azanulbizar. Player will experience the momentous events of the battle as their own characters, but through the eyes of Hermáth Stormhammer, a hero of Durin’s Folk, as recounted in his written works.

As part of the addition of Azanulbizar, T.A. 2799, Update 30 also includes a small visual update to The Lord of the Rings Online’s Dimrill Dale, first introduced in the Mines of Moria Expansion.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; May 21 2021 at 01:20 PM.
    Quality Assurance Tester
    Standing Stone Games
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

As of now, I haven't completed everything yet (but I'll try xD and will edit this post if I do so)

• I found a couple of spots where my toon got stuck or insta killed - will send those in a bug report with /loc.
    • There's a dwarf NPC named Valdi in Amdam but the quests (Culling the Pack, Steeds of the Orc-Chieftains, The Champions of the Wargs) refer to him as Aldi in the quest tracker objectives. The Quest "Deadly rain in Cloudyhead Pass" correctly labels him as Valdi.
    • The Wargs required for the "Steeds of the Orc-Chieftains" quest in Zagár Muzug get into exploit mode a lot due to the ribs/carcasses.
    • About the quest "Ghost Hunting" - can confirm that it can be completed now.
    • Tharkh Shathur Archers need a bit of tunning. Either slow the respawn rate a bit or adjust the density.
    • The respawn point for dying near the gates is Moria is far away. I bet players will complain, especially if that's the only available rally point and they die in an instance.
    • Kudos on introducing the instance "Unfinished business" as a prelude to the quest inside Grop - it's nice to see how to navigate the place before hand xD

On Missions: haven't had issues in any of them! Everything loaded correctly, no chests missing. Stingy on the rep

Edit 2: Preview 2
    • "Bonds of Oak and Iron" Thromur only appears if you have completed Ch. 2 and have Ch. 3 "Death in the Dale" in progress.
    • Main story line - I was able to complete it up to Ch. 3, included (Ch. 4 didn't bestow)
    Last edited by Laurelinarien; May 25 2021 at 04:52 PM.
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Anor

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    As of now, I haven't completed everything yet (but I'll try xD and will edit this post if I do so)
    [*]About the quest "Ghost Hunting" - I haven't been able to advance it (only found the footprints) but idk if that's just me being blind.

On Missions: haven't had issues in any of them! Everything loaded correctly, no chests missing. Stingy on the rep
    I've found the same problem, I found the statue and footprints, which lead to a nearby wall ledge, and there are no more clues. There's some dirt/mud/whatever on top of the ledge that looks like it might be the next clue, but it cannot be selected/used.

Quest: Deadly Rain in Cloudyhead Pass. The quest is indicated as solo. The respawn rate of the orcs near the arrows and bow stands is too fast for a solo quest, IMO.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    I've found the same problem, I found the statue and footprints, which lead to a nearby wall ledge, and there are no more clues. There's some dirt/mud/whatever on top of the ledge that looks like it might be the next clue, but it cannot be selected/used.

Quest: Deadly Rain in Cloudyhead Pass. The quest is indicated as solo. The respawn rate of the orcs near the arrows and bow stands is too fast for a solo quest, IMO.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one.
    And I agree with you on the respawn rate.

I've updated my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post

I concur. The mobs either need to be swarm, thinned, and/or their respawn timer duration lengthened; with respect to Deadly Rain. Ghost Hunting seems to not be fully implemented yet.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Ok- this is a bug, but it's not bound to a certain set of coordinates that you can reach in the game-world.

On ANY of the mountain passes that are the closest to Lothlorien in the Blood of Azog version of Dimrill Dale: if you look straight eastward, you will see half-development mountains in the eastern half of Lothlorien, carving through the distant Caras Galadhon trees; these mountains do not belong there at all. It looks like you tried to mirror the way the mountains climb east from Fanuidhol to meet the Duskenvales, but the half-development mountains are actually smack-dab in the heart of eastern Lothlorien where the Mirk-eaves should be visible instead. So, it's pretty incongruous compared to the regular Lothlorien zone.

Basically, the graphical solution is to remove any mountains directly east of Lothlorien / Dimrill Dale and just mirror the current game-world's version of the Misties that head out toward Vales of Anduin. The only thing we should really see from those various vantage points in the Dimrill Dale are perhaps the Caras Galadhon trees in the distance (Now do we understand why Dwarves despise the Elves who did not come to save them? *snickers*).

Again, it's really tied to pretty much any coordinate in eastern Blood of Azog / "the distant past" version of Dimrill Dale that you can see Lothlorien from; those misplaced mountains can be seen in any of those locations from areas near the blockaded path to Lothlorien up to the new mountain passes. You can't miss them!

Cheers!
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

As part of the "Blood of Azog: A lesson Hard-learned" I could not locate Lagi Helmbiter and hints to his where abouts?

I found all other NPCs without issue
    Sucamarto - Level 115 Archer (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    Ok- this is a bug, but it's not bound to a certain set of coordinates that you can reach in the game-world.
    Yea, I took a picture of that yesterday.. idk if someone else from my kin sent the report tho.

On the matter of the NPC Lagi, I can confirm he's not missing, but I can't recall where he is... sorry, it's late and I'm not in BR anymore for today.

Yea, I took a picture of that yesterday.. idk if someone else from my kin sent the report tho.
    Ty for the screenie! Yep- that's precisely the issue!

I wonder if they put the "Azog" version of Dimrill Dale somewhere behind one of the current mountain ranges, and it got too close; I've noticed they tend to set-apart places like this away from other areas of the game. That could be the rear side of the Rhovanion Misties for all we know; but as long as we can't see them from our vantage points, that would help a lot

It also kind of looks like a copy of the Fanuidhol mountain for some reason
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    Ty for the screenie! Yep- that's precisely the issue!
    No problem! I also found an area in the now modified Nanduhirion that appears to be restricted. You can see the coords below.

Some more quest bugs.

The Champions of the Wargs. Quest text indicates the WRONG direction to search for the courier goblin. Quest text says the goblin courier can be found between Kamaz-kala and Dursh Hul (which is NORTHEAST of Kamaz-kala). The courier goblin actually travels between Kamaz-kala and Muru Azog (which is NORTHWEST of Kamaz-kala).

Strange landscape quest ring. My mini-map/radar-map shows a quest ring on the landscape but there is no NPC or selectable object, near the gateway into Maru Azog. The /location command gives the following info: You are on Bullroarer server 11 at r14 lx108 ly1917 ox89.91 oy114.87 oz545.04 h250.3. Game timestamp 229649.917.
    Lat-Long for this location is 67.4 N 136.0 W
    Last edited by GarethB; May 21 2021 at 01:02 AM.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quest bug with "Bonds of Oak and Iron", where you need to talk to Thromur at Durin's Stone. You are on Bullroarer server 13 at r14 lx117 ly1909 ox112.05 oy111.54 oz554.12 h192.7. Game timestamp 625444.056. The quest ring is there, yet the NPC isn't.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Quest bug with "Bonds of Oak and Iron", where you need to talk to Thromur at Durin's Stone. You are on Bullroarer server 13 at r14 lx117 ly1909 ox112.05 oy111.54 oz554.12 h192.7. Game timestamp 625444.056. The quest ring is there, yet the NPC isn't.
    I've added it to my first post in the thread but to reply to you here:

I thought this quest was broken too. It's a phasing issue (I guess?) - if you have the main storyline, you need to be on Ch. 3 "Death in the Dale" for Thromur to appear on landscape after Bonds of Oak and Iron instance.

I've added it to my first post in the thread but to reply to you here:

I thought this quest was broken too. It's a phasing issue (I guess?) - if you have the main storyline, you need to be on Ch. 3 "Death in the Dale" for Thromur to appear on landscape after Bonds of Oak and Iron instance.
    Ok, I will look again, since I am on Chapter 3 now.

Update: yes, it is a phasing thing. Don't cancel the quest. You can pop over there after you have started Chapter 3 and Thromur will show.

Now I am stumped. I had Chapter 4 bestow and it seems that I have completed it. Is that all (so far)? I am at 49 of 50 quests for Tales of Azanulbizar, final; and not sure what should happen next. There is one quest named "Buried Promises" that says to participate in the war. Not sure what to do with that.